Theories #1: What Happened to Jennifer Kesse?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the folks like me who get a little confused when street names are mentioned, I have posted a screen shot of a Google map on which I marked Jenn's condo location and where her vehicle was found at the HOG. You can click on the link to the right and switch to satellite view and/or zoom in or out. It helps me, so I thought I would share.

There seemed to be two possible parking areas near the pool and I was not sure which one was correct. So, please, jump in and tell me the correct location--it's not hard to move a marker.
n3m348.jpg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dFczQr14UJRDEX3LZefAIMp5x_U&usp=sharing

Now this one is a different view of Jenn's condo/condo building that I posted earlier. From the link, click on the "birds-eye view" button to the left. I didn't put the red marker in--it's optional, you can turn it off. However, from the picture linked by Shin, it looks like it's in at least the general vicinity. We have the right side anyway and can see the pond. Also, I noted it looks like parking may have been allowed along the side of the road.
ebc10l.jpg
http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/292316578302226

One last link, the great guys from the "Unconcluded" podcast have put up some pictures of the areas on their front blog page for part 2. The very top one even shows the possible path taken by the POI in small blue dots.
http://unconcluded.libsyn.com/blog-episode-two

Just a few comments for some of the more recent posts. To respond to RD_JFC, I wasn't try to say by any means that the people in that complex or in Orlando are bad. I was just going of my time living there 03' - 05'. It was bad, break ins, car jackings, Burger King stick ups, the amount of Sex Offenders in that HO area alone. Thats all I was saying to be clear, it is far from middle America such as the suburbs of Rochester were I moved from. I received a brochure with the scenery there off Americana and was like, "this is amazing". It was far from it. But I did met some amazing people. Regardless, obviously crime can happen anywhere ie the Mosiac.
Culture shock, huh? Thank you for your insider's opinion.

To another point you made, I agree, I am dismissive about the mileage thing, however if he did have a min of 5+ hours with the car, I wonder how far he would of went, then why drive it so close back..
I appreciate this side of the equation. He would have needed some time to possibly "do the crime". You know, I can't help wondering if they found a receipt where Jenn filled up with gas once she made the Monday morning journey from Rob's back to Orlando. Maybe after work Monday evening?

Truth Prevails, if memory serves me well, I think it a retention pond and no parking but its been too long.
You could be right, here. Maybe the picture I have posted is just an architect's dream of how things will look on completion? Also, the fact that there is an attic of sorts over the top floor apartments is something I keep in the back of my mind. If nothing else, I suppose it could have been a hiding place; a place to wait; something.

Thinking out loud, So to simplify things, was this a crime of passion or a robbery gone bad? The POI either wasn't dirty (muddy dirty boots or bloody from a crime to leave markers in the car. The car was wiped down, but not like "detailed" blood removed etc. Ash tray dirty, shoes on the floor. The 30 seconds probably to wipe the steering wheel down.
I know most crimes are usually a result of either one of the two. However, in this case, I can't fit robbery gone bad. That would indicate an "accidental" murder after Jenn surprised him. But if you go to rob and you end up murdering, even the most vile amongst us would have to panic a little. I'm not seeing it--today anyway.

For a crime of passion--I would think an example of that would be someone coming home from work and catching a person sneaking out of their significant other's bedroom window. Suddenly--without planning--you strangle the person with your bare hands.

Where I do see passion being involved in this case, is I think it could have been someone Jenn had rebuffed. I'm not saying this lovely young woman would ever rudely rebuff a person; but people can take offense where none is intended. So, a slow burning, spiteful passion for revenge involving stalking, planning--and incredibly perfect execution.

I just want to mention down here that there is at least the possibility that the POI smoked a cigarette in Jenn's vehicle if ashes were found in the ashtray. So that would mean he either threw the butt out the window or carefully gathered it in the 32 seconds he spent in her car after parking it. Also, the seat was moved ahead--possibly indicating he fit into the 5'3" to 5'5" height range; or it was done deliberately to mislead. (I find we are seeing more, and more "tiny" things that may have been done to mislead).

Plus we have a perfectly parked vehicle so as not to draw attention to it; and a vehicle that was almost perfectly wiped clean. Maybe he wore gloves? I wonder when he took Jenn's shoes if they were left in the vehicle? Did he even take time at some point to gather a "trophy"?

The wheel keeps going around and around..
They do, but that's a good thing for Jennifer and her family. I hope we never let it rest until Jennifer can come home and her family has a few answers at the very least.

I don't believe Drew Kesse was trying to state an exact distance Jennifer's car traveled that day. I believe he was trying to state the car had not traveled very far and he gave the 1.2 miles as an example.

That said, I am baffled on how we would know the mileage. You mention earlier about the possibility of a conversation between Jennifer and her father on maintenance the night before. I believe the car was leased and not owned by Jennifer and I don't know what lease state about when a vehicle should be in for maintenance. Another possibility is she told her father she filled the tank up on the way home. Lastly, I know some folks that either claim mileage on their tax returns or are reimbursed by their employer that keep a mileage log to meet IRS regs. (I keep mine AND the gas receipts with the odometer and trip meter readings and reset the trip meter after fill-up. The latest receipts are usually in my car.) I believe that last one is very unlikely in Jennifer's case as I believe she works in finance operations and has almost no need to travel to the properties. Still, even with these - unless there is something I'm missing - it would difficult to look at the gas gauge and tell whether or not the car was driven 2-5 miles or 25 miles. So I'm baffled on where this came from. Then again, I know I saw a statement that appeared to come from Drew Kesse stating both phones were turned off or disabled at 10:40 PM in web page guestbook and Joyce Kesse states in Episode 2 of the Unconcluded podcast that they don't know when the phones were shut off. So did he really state this? And if he did, do we know his entire response (i.e., was his statement taken out of context)?
BBM - I offer you my assurance that the comments were not taken out of context. The name typed at the bottom of the comments was "Drew". If there was more to his response, it was Mr. Kesse explaining in his replying comment about the timing being off in the video; when they think Jenn got ready for work; that Jenn didn't drink anything hot; etc. Miscellaneous things he thought to include.

They are in the guest book pages from January and May, 2009.

It's possible Mr. Kesse may have received new information at this stage 11 years later and no longer finds truth to the above. Still, for theories, I hope we all take it as speculation.

I don't believe Drew Kesse was trying to state an exact distance Jennifer's car traveled that day. I believe he was trying to state the car had not traveled very far and he gave the 1.2 miles as an example.

That said, I am baffled on how we would know the mileage. You mention earlier about the possibility of a conversation between Jennifer and her father on maintenance the night before. I believe the car was leased and not owned by Jennifer and I don't know what lease state about when a vehicle should be in for maintenance. Another possibility is she told her father she filled the tank up on the way home. Lastly, I know some folks that either claim mileage on their tax returns or are reimbursed by their employer that keep a mileage log to meet IRS regs. (I keep mine AND the gas receipts with the odometer and trip meter readings and reset the trip meter after fill-up. The latest receipts are usually in my car.) I believe that last one is very unlikely in Jennifer's case as I believe she works in finance operations and has almost no need to travel to the properties. Still, even with these - unless there is something I'm missing - it would difficult to look at the gas gauge and tell whether or not the car was driven 2-5 miles or 25 miles. So I'm baffled on where this came from. Then again, I know I saw a statement that appeared to come from Drew Kesse stating both phones were turned off or disabled at 10:40 PM in web page guestbook and Joyce Kesse states in Episode 2 of the Unconcluded podcast that they don't know when the phones were shut off. So did he really state this? And if he did, do we know his entire response (i.e., was his statement taken out of context)?

yeah, like I was saying, would take some really hard assumptions about all this and some tilting, squinting, and cocking your head to come up with this. The gist of it would have to be full tank at start of trip, not fuelled coming back to work and then back home, a rough gallons based on estimated MPG and trip odometer, and then saying yeah, that's about how much gas is left from a full tank.

They obviously have little to work with and a lot of time to try to figure something out. They might have card transactions that showed when car was fuelled by Jennifer and how much spent. They probably know her habits concerning using the trip odometer. They might assume that the POI wouldn't want to pull into a gas station unless he had to. So with all that you could say gas tank is 14 gallons or whatever, almost 1/4 tank left, etc. etc.

I will say though POI would not have a problem fuelling up if the car was driven some distance in my opinion. He was pretty confident.

For all the folks like me who get a little confused when street names are mentioned, I have posted a screen shot of a Google map on which I marked Jenn's condo location and where her vehicle was found at the HOG. You can click on the link to the right and switch to satellite view and/or zoom in or out. It helps me, so I thought I would share.

There seemed to be two possible parking areas near the pool and I was not sure which one was correct. So, please, jump in and tell me the correct location--it's not hard to move a marker.
n3m348.jpg

Now this one is a different view of Jenn's condo/condo building that I posted earlier. From the link, click on the "birds-eye view" button to the left. I didn't put the red marker in--it's optional, you can turn it off. However, from the picture linked by Shin, it looks like it's in at least the general vicinity. We have the right side anyway and can see the pond. Also, I noted it looks like parking may have been allowed along the side of the road.
ebc10l.jpg
http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/292316578302226

One last link, the great guys from the "Unconcluded" podcast have put up some pictures of the areas on their front blog page for part 2. The very top one even shows the possible path taken by the POI in small blue dots.
http://unconcluded.libsyn.com/blog-episode-two

It was 2nd spot to left past the pool, almost right in front of a main walk through the buildings.

In terms of driving, it's pulling in through the Texas extrance, passing the parking lane he was walking in when photographed, past the pool and then main parking starts. It was basically almost the first spot he could park in coming in to the complex without diverting right or left on that parking lane running along Texas. He could have done that but I think it would look more like being dumped out there.

e Florida Department of Law Enforceme

According to WFTV, Investigators do know, from Jennifer's credit card bill, that she filled her gas tank in Ft. Lauderdale before driving back to Orlando. She went to work, then home and should have had about half a tank left. That's about what's there now, so her attacker may not have taken the car very far. FWIW

It was 2nd spot to left past the pool, almost right in front of a main walk through the buildings.

In terms of driving, it's pulling in through the Texas extrance, passing the parking lane he was walking in when photographed, past the pool and then main parking starts. It was basically almost the first spot he could park in coming in to the complex without diverting right or left on that parking lane running along Texas. He could have done that but I think it would look more like being dumped out there.
Thank you for your reply, and I'm so sorry to bother you with this. But I'm wondering if you would tell me if it was the spot numbered 2 or the spot numbered 3?

wjz23m.jpg

If you (or anyone) replies, I will update my map to reflect the correct location. (Right now I have both spots showing on there.)

Thank you for your reply, and I'm so sorry to bother you with this. But I'm wondering if you would tell me if it was the spot numbered 2 or the spot numbered 3?

wjz23m.jpg

If you (or anyone) replies, I will update my map to reflect the correct location. (Right now I have both spots showing on there.)

Please bother me all you want. Thanks for that overhead, that helps immensely.

Jennifer's car was parked in spot #3. #2 is on the access / parking lane running along Texas. POI pulled into entrance off Texas (Huntington Green Ct.), passed the lane with #2 on it, passed the pool, and pulled into #3 spot. He then walked back around the pool and gate across from the white car above #2.

Note the white cement ramp across from white car above #2. That's the gate where POI was caught on camera. The car in the image stills was parked in either #2 or the spot below it, it was not directly behind the POI as you look through the gate.

POI was walking in lane running along Texas basically toward corner of Texas and Americana. At that point he could turn right and walk anong American toward Mosaic as many people believe. But normally a person would walk right up the sidewalk from where he parked to Americana (not visible in picture, on left edge running along the apartment buildings) or more likely walk on out Huntington Green Ct. and eventually get to Americana on other side of complex.

Yet he backtracked around the pool and at that corner of green hedges and lane by the gate, he stopped behind a palm tree and looked back across the pool at #3. That's what is in image 3.

A person devoted to this case took a picture through the gate at #3 which gives a feel for that. Picture probably posted here somewhere and other Jennifer Kesse related boards.

e Florida Department of Law Enforceme

According to WFTV, Investigators do know, from Jennifer's credit card bill, that she filled her gas tank in Ft. Lauderdale before driving back to Orlando. She went to work, then home and should have had about half a tank left. That's about what's there now, so her attacker may not have taken the car very far. FWIW

Great info.

Please bother me all you want. Thanks for that overhead, that helps immensely.

Jennifer's car was parked in spot #3. #2 is on the access / parking lane running along Texas. POI pulled into entrance off Texas (Huntington Green Ct.), passed the lane with #2 on it, passed the pool, and pulled into #3 spot. He then walked back around the pool and gate across from the white car above #2.

Note the white cement ramp across from white car above #2. That's the gate where POI was caught on camera. The car in the image stills was parked in either #2 or the spot below it, it was not directly behind the POI as you look through the gate.

POI was walking in lane running along Texas basically toward corner of Texas and Americana. At that point he could turn right and walk anong American toward Mosaic as many people believe. But normally a person would walk right up the sidewalk from where he parked to Americana (not visible in picture, on left edge running along the apartment buildings) or more likely walk on out Huntington Green Ct. and eventually get to Americana on other side of complex.

Yet he backtracked around the pool and at that corner of green hedges and lane by the gate, he stopped behind a palm tree and looked back across the pool at #3. That's what is in image 3.

A person devoted to this case took a picture through the gate at #3 which gives a feel for that. Picture probably posted here somewhere and other Jennifer Kesse related boards.
Thank you so much for this clarification and for the further detail.

Do you think he possibly chose to backtrack around the pool and walk along American so he could get to the pond side of Jennifer's building, without having to "return" to the side where her vehicle had originally been parked? Unless he had a vehicle of his own parked there or someone waiting for him in one--I still can't see an advantage for his doing this, though.

When I get a little bit more time, I'm going to try to find the picture you mentioned in your last paragraph. Just for now, though, in case anyone hasn't seen it, I will post the image you refer to of the POI looking back across the pool (as he hid behind a palm tree.)

2zohml4.jpg
With thanks to W/S poster "rd_jfc" for his enhancement.

I find I have to keep my eyes focused right on the picture for a few seconds--then I can clearly see the blurred face.

What could have made him so interested in looking back at where he had parked Jennifer's car? He took extra care to park it nice and straight; and then he risked a facial shot by the cameras, which I'm sure he knew were there and working. What could have been his reasoning? I mean these questions as rhetorical, or as food for thought towards further theorizing.

Thank you so much for this clarification and for the further detail.

Do you think he possibly chose to backtrack around the pool and walk along American so he could get to the pond side of Jennifer's building, without having to "return" to the side where her vehicle had originally been parked? Unless he had a vehicle of his own parked there or someone waiting for him in one--I still can't see an advantage for his doing this, though.

When I get a little bit more time, I'm going to try to find the picture you mentioned in your last paragraph. Just for now, though, in case anyone hasn't seen it, I will post the image you refer to of the POI looking back across the pool (as he hid behind a palm tree.)

2zohml4.jpg
With thanks to W/S poster "rd_jfc" for his enhancement.

I find I have to keep my eyes focused right on the picture for a few seconds--then I can clearly see the blurred face.

What could have made him so interested in looking back at where he had parked Jennifer's car? He took extra care to park it nice and straight; and then he risked a facial shot by the cameras, which I'm sure he knew were there and working. What could have been his reasoning? I mean these questions as rhetorical, or as food for thought towards further theorizing.

First things first, Truth, the pictures may be on multiple boards and here, I don't know that some people may be familiar and point to them. But J4J did graciously allow them to be posted on my Blowups page, I didn't want to point people there first. There are three or four of them. They are large (not enlarged) and appropiate to view them on that page anyway. Near the bottom. Thanks to J4J for that work.

No matter where POI came out of the HOTG complex to Americana, he's 1.2 miles from Mosaic with one large expressway between the complexes and obviously only one place to cross at the intersection. Then some distance on to the Mosaic.

So that wouldn't have any effect on how he exited the HOTG, and IIRC some may have suggested in the past that he might have felt he'd draw less attention by not walking further into the apartment complex, and that makes some sense. There was also a dumpster I saw just out of view below spot #2 where he may have wanted to pitch something on his way out.

In my opinion, although he walked away confidently, as one should to not draw attention, as he was exiting the area and behind palm tree for cover, he stopped to look back to see if anyone was noticing him or the car, see if anyone saw him walk away, took a final look at the car he had just abandoned to make sure it looked okay, etc. A surveillance type move.

He wasn't there in image 4.

First things first, Truth, the pictures may be on multiple boards and here, I don't know that some people may be familiar and point to them. But J4J did graciously allow them to be posted on my Blowups page, I didn't want to point people there first. There are three or four of them. They are large (not enlarged) and appropiate to view them on that page anyway. Near the bottom. Thanks to J4J for that work.

No matter where POI came out of the HOTG complex to Americana, he's 1.2 miles from Mosaic with one large expressway between the complexes and obviously only one place to cross at the intersection. Then some distance on to the Mosaic.

So that wouldn't have any effect on how he exited the HOTG, and IIRC some may have suggested in the past that he might have felt he'd draw less attention by not walking further into the apartment complex, and that makes some sense. There was also a dumpster I saw just out of view below spot #2 where he may have wanted to pitch something on his way out.

In my opinion, although he walked away confidently, as one should to not draw attention, as he was exiting the area and behind palm tree for cover, he stopped to look back to see if anyone was noticing him or the car, see if anyone saw him walk away, took a final look at the car he had just abandoned to make sure it looked okay, etc. A surveillance type move.

He wasn't there in image 4.

Could someone have called his name causing him to turn?

Where is the POI today? Like now, right at the moment you read this.

Where is the POI today? Like now, right at the moment you read this.

I think about this all the time. Like does he think about what he did, how much pain he's caused so many people? Does he check in to see if there are any developments in the case? Has he done something like this before or since? My own gut feeling is that he is no longer in Florida, and possibly no longer in the country. I do hope wherever he is he lives in constant fear of being caught and that his life is highly uncomfortable because of that.

I think about this all the time. Like does he think about what he did, how much pain he's caused so many people? Does he check in to see if there are any developments in the case? Has he done something like this before or since? My own gut feeling is that he is no longer in Florida, and possibly no longer in the country. I do hope wherever he is he lives in constant fear of being caught and that his life is highly uncomfortable because of that.

Tomorrow 5/20 will be Jennifer's 36th birthday....I hope that she is alive and well....

My feelings about the POI parking Jennifer's car is that he has done this type of thing before....He was just too cool, calm and collected as he sat in her car for 32 seconds after parking it and casually strolling away from her car.....I have wondered if and when Jennifer is found if she is no longer alive, will others be found there as well?

Wishing Jennifer a happy birthday tomorrow....

Sometimes I wonder if the perpetrator is someone who hasn't been on anyone's radar of late.

Many years ago the name James Hataway came up. So did a venue known as the Florida Tap Room.
I believe it was a bar that Jennifer attended at times.

Anyone ever checked this angle out?

Sometimes I wonder if the perpetrator is someone who hasn't been on anyone's radar of late.

Many years ago the name James Hataway came up. So did a venue known as the Florida Tap Room.
I believe it was a bar that Jennifer attended at times.

Anyone ever checked this angle out?

That's why I included possible associates of Jennifer in Ocoee area in a post yesterday. The POI images wouldn't rule him out.

I apologize for backtracking, but I think I finally found the picture of where the POI may have been standing when the facial shot was captured in "Image 3". I'll add it below in case anyone else would like to see it, and also with hope someone will tell me if it is the wrong one. :)

The only place I could find it was on "rd_jfc's" photo page. So, a special thank you to rd_jfc and also to J4J, the original owner. I'll upload it in a smaller size and will also link it to the bigger size.

20uzhg8.jpg
http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3033&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Scroll down to second post from bottom at link and see the third picture.

I'm also again adding the image of the facial shot of the POI because I want to take a moment to think of him taking extra time to backtrack around the pool to stand there and do what? Admire his handiwork?

2zohml4.jpg

So, if I've got this correct, #4 below is where he was standing in the above images. (Please don't hesitate to let me know if anything needs adjusting.)

11iixpx.jpg

And below is my attempt at his walking path. I tried to show him going toward the pond side of Jennifer's condo building. Notice location "B". (Letter "B" and number "4" are same location, different map layers).

I find it beyond bizarre. What kind of evil would stroll around like this at high noon in broad daylight after committing a heinous crime, or being party to it?

Has anyone listened to the "Sidebar" episode of the "Unconcluded" podcast where they talk about the POI being a teenager with a skateboard? Do we agree with him carrying a skateboard? I can't see anything so I'm open; but I don't think we are looking at a teenager. From the little I can make out from the video, I find his shoulders and upper arms look wide and large--strong, in other words. That's why I don't think it is a woman, or a man of slight build.

Always willing to admit I am wrong, though. Always. Always.

2ds1loy.jpg

Last thoughts--is everyone in agreement with "missing" sections in the video of the POI that were mentioned in episode 3 of the podcast? I was wondering if this is where the images of the face view appear?

I suppose this is foolish, but I'm wondering if a sketch artist could render a sketch from image 3? Make two or three possibilities--put them out there. See what turns up.

That's why I included possible associates of Jennifer in Ocoee area in a post yesterday. The POI images wouldn't rule him out.
The actions of the POI reek of someone this bold and experienced.

Great. Glad you got J4J's picture posted here.

In all your good work in post above, one minor but important adjustment. Location 4 needs to be shifted down past gate entrance (that white slab through the hedges) to corner where green stops. It would about line up with the D in the name of the lane. POI walked past the gate, 1st image is at top of concrete slab, gate to his right, 2nd image is bottom of concrete slab, 3rd image is at corner where there was a palm tree, and he turned around.

Concrete slab is a slight incline from lane up to gate, maybe a foot to a foot and a half of incline. Walking would be in the lane out a little from the hedges and gate entrance incline.

Where 4 is now would be just before he entered image 1 range centered on gate.

By the way, the white van is about where Jennifer's car was parked, don't know if van is in first or second spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper