Theories about Ron's breaks and werk schedule

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious, isn't it. I just called the handy store in san mateo and they are open 24 hr. It is just a skip away from his work, not much out of his way at all. It could easily be 5 min out of his way on his way home. Now what time did he stop there?

I think we have been purposely mislead in this case. I think once LE figured out this was a homicide, they never showed their hand and if they did, it was not accurate.I wish we could see the crime scene or pic of the MH and how it looked that night.

I found that guy that worked with rc at PDM living up near Jacksonville. He was once local and now has moved away. He had a little problem but got it resolved in December. I get the impression; he no longer works at PDM but I assuming that by the distance given on the report...I could be wrong.

AH has been asked hundreds of times about the time of rc's work hours and has never answered the question. I will assume LE has told him not to. If rc was there 12 hrs with verification, he would be cleared. His time is questionable on the front or the tail of the timeline. For all we know the entire time could be in question.

As far as I am concerned the three closest to solving this case that are civilians are AH, Cobra and Padilla. Those three have interviews and access to stuff we haven't dreamed of yet. Where is Cobra? He has to stay off the case, I think but he must have a gazillion notes.

I think we have been purposely mislead in this case. I think once LE figured out this was a homicide, they never showed their hand and if they did, it was not accurate.I wish we could see the crime scene or pic of the MH and how it looked that night.

I found that guy that worked with rc at PDM living up near Jacksonville. He was once local and now has moved away. He had a little problem but got it resolved in December. I get the impression; he no longer works at PDM but I assuming that by the distance given on the report...I could be wrong.

AH has been asked hundreds of times about the time of rc's work hours and has never answered the question. I will assume LE has told him not to. If rc was there 12 hrs with verification, he would be cleared. His time is questionable on the front or the tail of the timeline. For all we know the entire time could be in question.

[Snipped]

I think perhaps LE has known what happened from very early on in this case. They now have to prove it. Why was there only one round table with FDLE and the FBI? Can you just hear them saying, okay Putnam County, here's what happened, now you have to go out and prove it?

To stay on topic, why wouldn't LE give a concise statement that Ron was at work from _____ to _____, negating any possible involvement? Why would LE let the public speculate about a grieving father?

Mark Fuhrman interviewed with Levi a few months ago. Mark said the players are so tightly woven that the best way to handle this case would be to NOT let one thing out.
To work these people from an inside track and squeeze them. We have witnessed the tightly knit part on both sides.

I see they followed Mark's advice. I just hope it was intentional. One thing about having them in custody, LE is not in a hurry. Sooner or later, one will slip. We have a chatterbox in the house....it may take some time. Heck, it may even take some booze but at least one will say something. Booze is the best truth serum. Won't be long before they learn how to make it but we will have to wait till they get cellmates. They don't do this stuff solo. With two or more in the cell, officers can't pinpoint it...everyone gets off on the pruno charge. God that stuff is nasty smelling. They'd be better off with real booze.

Whisperer, The Kangaroo on the hill, (San Mateo) is off of Hwy.17 and it is directly on the way home for RC to have traveled to get to and from work...it's basically the only way to get from A to Z for him. At the hill, it narrows down to a two lane from a four divided hwy...traveling southbound. The Kangaroo is open 24/7 and sells beer/wine 24/7. The Kangaroo in Satsuma is located past the Buffalo Bluff turn off on Hwy. 17. It also is open 24/7 same as the one in San Mateo... After 11pm there are no other convenience stores that are open along hwy.17 between San Mateo and Satsuma Kangaroo stores.

Mark Fuhrman interviewed with Levi a few months ago. Mark said the players are so tightly woven that the best way to handle this case would be to NOT let one thing out.
To work these people from an inside track and squeeze them. We have witnessed the tightly knit part on both sides.

I see they followed Mark's advice. I just hope it was intentional. One thing about having them in custody, LE is not in a hurry. Sooner or later, one will slip. We have a chatterbox in the house....it may take some time. Heck, it may even take some booze but at least one will say something. Booze is the best truth serum. Won't be long before they learn how to make it but we will have to wait till they get cellmates. They don't do this stuff solo. With two or more in the cell, officers can't pinpoint it...everyone gets off on the pruno charge. God that stuff is nasty smelling. They'd be better off with real booze.
Speaking of truth serum, I wonder if any of these people talk in their sleep. It seems likely that something this dark, would seep out of dreams, because there's no way to control the subconscious, while asleep. My thinking on the work hours is this...Ron hasn't been forthcoming. I don't know why he hasn't been asked, point blank, but those are the questions where he usually let's the lawyers do the talkin'. & who knows...maybe he only agrees to interviews with certain stipulations being met-so as to not hurt the integrity of the investigation. ummmm hmmmm.

TN states his hours = 3:00pm to 3:00am
Shoemaker says he starts at 5:00pm every day. HE conveniently omitted when he ends the shift..come on!

We were also told (by attorney?) that rc decided to work three housrs overtime. That would mean his shift ended at midnight because rc said he left PDM at 3:00am. This also means his shift was 5:00pm to midnight if Shoemaker told the truth about his starting hours. That also means he didn't work a 40 hr work week but we all assume he did. We just don't know. He could have been a part time employee.

People in the area say the shifts are 7:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to midnight. Is that accurate? People who live in the area, isn't there anyway you can find out the work hours for PDM? They may be one of the biggest employers in the area..surely there has to be a leak.

AH will not/cannot tell us. His lips are sealed, obviously...WHY?

Our imaginations have to lead us down the path that RC is a suspect in his daughter's disappearance...only scenario. Combine that with his immediately hiring a criminal defense attorney and there is the answer.

Usually somebody leaks the hours. Are their jobs threatened if they talk? Because it looks like the one who did talk about rc is not empolyed there anymore. Could be his choice or he could be driving a hundred miles each way to work....hmmm.

Would just like to make a couple of points. First off I don't believe if a child is spanked that they are abused...growing up, I probably got at least 1 spanking a week (my mom probably felt like doing it more than I got because I WAS a brat..and yes I was called a brat a time or 2 by my mother because like I said...I WAS). I, in no way felt like I was abused. I don't spank my son but he's only 15 months...if one day I feel something is serious enough I don't see the harm in a smack on the butt (spare the rod, spoil the child). I just don't believe spanking is abuse (and no I don't mean with objects such as switches, flip flops, a belt...or anything within reach to hit them with...I mean just a swat on the butt with your hand). I bet there are a lot of people on here that got spankings growing up and don't feel they were abused. Also, I don't believe that RC getting to work an hour early means anything (if it wasn't just that 1 and only day he did it...if so then YES it is suspicious to me) My hubby used to work at a factory and would be at work 45 min - an hour early everyday just so he could chat with friends, see what the latest gossip about what's going on at work, and to just see what the plan for the work day was. One other thing about the work issue is that I don't find it that odd that he said it takes him 19 minutes to get to work instead of 20. To this day when my hubby talks about the factory he worked at he will say...that was the longest 33 minutes that I had to drive to that dreadful place. Some people just know exactly how long it takes to drive from point A to point B...my hubby being one of them. My last point, I really can't believe that RC was that controlling (though I think he tried to be) towards MC for one reason (unless I just totally misunderstood) wasn't MC sort of MIA for the 2 or 3 days before HC disappeared because she was out partying? Let me tell you, I have been married twice (still with 2nd hubby) my first marriage was VERY abusive and he was VERY controlling. I wouldn't have had the nerve to go out and party with my friends (although I didn't have any because I wasn't "allowed" to) for even 1 night...let alone 2 or 3! If I would have gotten the nerve to do so then I for real wouldn't have shown back up at home because I know I would have been knocked around REALLY bad and it would have been VERY visible! I was just 18 when I got married the first time (approx the same age as MC at the time). I have been married to my 2nd hubby (the kindest sweetest person I know) for almost 14 years. If I went out partying now for 2 or 3 days...he would ask me not to come back...and I wouldn't blame him. These points are JMO

Whisperer, The Kangaroo on the hill, (San Mateo) is off of Hwy.17 and it is directly on the way home for RC to have traveled to get to and from work...it's basically the only way to get from A to Z for him. At the hill, it narrows down to a two lane from a four divided hwy...traveling southbound. The Kangaroo is open 24/7 and sells beer/wine 24/7. The Kangaroo in Satsuma is located past the Buffalo Bluff turn off on Hwy. 17. It also is open 24/7 same as the one in San Mateo... After 11pm there are no other convenience stores that are open along hwy.17 between San Mateo and Satsuma Kangaroo stores.

Can't confirm but rumor has it that rc stopped at the Handy on the Hill on Crill ave.....no?

Can't confirm but rumor has it that rc stopped at the Handy on the Hill on Crill ave.....no?

No. There is no handy way on 'the hill' on Crill Ave. At that time of night and I did a timed/photographed run of the trip from PDM to 202 Green Lane...at 3am, I believe it was on a Monday night/Tuesday morning to boot. On the way home, following Hwy. 17 which is also referred to as Reid Street while going through downtown Palatka... THERE are NO Convenience stores that were open, UNTIL one crossed the Veterans Memorial Bridge that spans the St. Johns River. There is a Kangaroo at 207/Hwy. 17 that is open 24/7. Then there is the Kangaroo 'on the hill' in San Mateo that is open 24/7. After that, there is the Satsuma Kangaroo, open 24/7. IF RC had traveled on Crill Ave, it would've been completely out of his way and wouldn't have taken him home to Satsuma.

Just to clarify...months later I tried to confirm for myself by asking the clerks that worked in either 'the hill' Kangaroo in San Mateo and also at the Satsuma Kangaroo... I couldn't get an answer as it seemed that the clerks that worked that night and or immediately after left employment there...so no one could tell me which store RC supposedly went to on his way home from work that night... So I still don't know which one, but have pretty much ruled out the 207/hwy.17 store, as everyone I've talked to locally, clerks at these two stores, claim that they knew him and saw him in both places... (Side note here, I too live in Satsuma but it's not uncommon for me to go to the one on 'the hill' in San Mateo)

TN states his hours = 3:00pm to 3:00am
Shoemaker says he starts at 5:00pm every day. HE conveniently omitted when he ends the shift..come on!

We were also told (by attorney?) that rc decided to work three housrs overtime. That would mean his shift ended at midnight because rc said he left PDM at 3:00am. This also means his shift was 5:00pm to midnight if Shoemaker told the truth about his starting hours. That also means he didn't work a 40 hr work week but we all assume he did. We just don't know. He could have been a part time employee.

People in the area say the shifts are 7:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to midnight. Is that accurate? People who live in the area, isn't there anyway you can find out the work hours for PDM? They may be one of the biggest employers in the area..surely there has to be a leak.

AH will not/cannot tell us. His lips are sealed, obviously...WHY?

Our imaginations have to lead us down the path that RC is a suspect in his daughter's disappearance...only scenario. Combine that with his immediately hiring a criminal defense attorney and there is the answer.

Usually somebody leaks the hours. Are their jobs threatened if they talk? Because it looks like the one who did talk about rc is not empolyed there anymore. Could be his choice or he could be driving a hundred miles each way to work....hmmm.

Whisperer I understand your suspicions. I truly do. I too have been all over these work hours....up and down them....here is what I keep coming back to and you can take it for what it is worth and that might be nothing and I am good with that.

RC went to work at 4 something...even if he lied he had to be there by 5, and he went there and clocked in or scanned in or whatever. His phone pinged from there. GGS stated she saw Haleigh near 7, even if she was lying, and I don't think it's fair to assume that because LE has given us no reason to believe she didn't see Haleigh, They have re-iterated it a number of times. The only way I feel Ronald could be involved is if he left PDM sometime during his shift, which is near impossible when you consider the round trip drive time to 202 Green Lane and back to PDM....he wasn't missing for any long periods of time through-out the night for him leaving to have been possible. Eye witnesses report seeing him. Phone pings, to me, only mean his phone was there at PDM...so I am more comfortable with the eye witnesses.

As far as working 3 extra hours...I remember hearing it was because the barge came in that night. Overtime could have been mandatory on the nights that a barge came in. Who knows...we don't know enough. I agree.

I don't think that RC harmed Haleigh. That is just my personal opinion but I am not closed minded to any facts that would answer all my questions in this case or bring about justice for Haleigh. In my opinion, the only way RC could have been involved in her disappearance ...in my opinion....is if something happened to Haleigh after RC went to work and someone brought Haleigh to RC at PDM....or near PDM. I just can't see this happening though, but I can admit that anything is possible until we know the truth.

Here is what AMW has on their site about Ron's work hours:

~snip~
Cops say Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 25, works for a bridge company, usually 4 p.m. to 3 a.m., and came home sometime after 3 a.m.
~end snip~

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=63252

They used the word "usually". Back to square one.

Here is what AMW has on their site about Ron's work hours:

~snip~
Cops say Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 25, works for a bridge company, usually 4 p.m. to 3 a.m., and came home sometime after 3 a.m.
~end snip~

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=63252

They used the word "usually". Back to square one.

Why would his lawyer say his normal hours start at five?

.."Nancy Grace asked Ronald's attorney Friday night some questions about his timeline on February 9, 2009. Terry Shoemaker said on national television that Ronald picked up Haleigh at the bus stop at 3:30 and Iitt takes him 19 minutes to go from home to work at PDM. Shoemaker then cleared up a significant grey area stating that Ronald usually gets to work about 45 minutes or so early for his 5pm shift at PDM, putting him at work around 4pm but not actually working until 5pm."

THIS MAKES ON HOUR UNACCOUNTED ON FEB 9.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5154674.php?

In the video on that page it mentions there was a MAJOR FIGHT on the phone at misty shut her phone off till 3:15an.
This fact has been disputed by the next door neighbor who woke up before 3:00am and saw misty pacing outside the MH talking and crying on her cell phone. This is the neighbor that is beside the ramped part of the MH. Now did she see her near the ramp?

In the video, it was TJ Hart who reported there were pings from rc's work, but no source for that. Has anyone ever considered that maybe rc did not work full time for PDM? If his hours actually started at 5:00pm, mabe he was a part time employee..

I wonder if the reporter threw in that Zastrow was a crane operator because he said he did the same job as rc. rc/tn told the media that he was a crane operator. I think he was clean up in the yard. People may have to start at the bottom there and work their way up. Crane Operators must be certified. Doubt rc was one going in and I doubt he wa certified whe he was fired.

Whisp, before being overly impressed with "crane operator" remember Ronald was a ROLLING crane operator, NOT a derrick crane. There's a big, big difference in training, required certification, and skill set.

Cummings operated a rolling crane at the plant north of Palatka. He was not a longtime employee.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-04-15/story/haleigh_cummings_father_loses_his_job

This video is a rolling crane being used to simply roll a steel girder 90 degrees in a shop that is probably similar to PDM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbutdfixPgw

This is a rolling crane from the PDM plant in Palatka. Also note the crane controller having a few simple push button controls. Since your average TV remote has many times more buttons, it's not too difficult to learn.

Attachments

• PDMJIB.jpg
    PDMJIB.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 6
  • TITANTx-large.jpg
    TITANTx-large.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 6
I remember reading an article fairly early on, that when Ron bought the "bigger" MH, he was working nights and doing a lot of overtime & was only off on Sundays. Although this could have been temporary, but I have always taken it as he worked full time.

I remember reading an article fairly early on, that when Ron bought the "bigger" MH, he was working nights and doing a lot of overtime & was only off on Sundays. Although this could have been temporary, but I have always taken it as he worked full time.

From my understanding in talking to a few locals who work at PDM, there is no part time employment.

Also, RC never bought a mobile home. He rented. Big difference, imo.

Also wanted to add that RC worked more with a forklift than the operation of a rolling crane as I understand it...just that 'crane operator' sounded much more impressive than fork lift operator...again, IMO.

The cell phone pings only mean the phone was near the towers at PDM, I put more credence in the eye witnesses that said they saw him throughout the night, Not much time passed in between sighting of him throughout the evening to allow him time to get to 202 Green Lane and back. If he left, he didn't go to 202 Green Lane, he didn't have the time according to people who placed him at work through out the night.

This was discussed on several episodes of NG after we heard about the two pings from PDM. I have the transcript saved from the show if anyone wants to read them, just let me know and I will post the link.

No. There is no handy way on 'the hill' on Crill Ave. At that time of night and I did a timed/photographed run of the trip from PDM to 202 Green Lane...at 3am, I believe it was on a Monday night/Tuesday morning to boot. On the way home, following Hwy. 17 which is also referred to as Reid Street while going through downtown Palatka... THERE are NO Convenience stores that were open, UNTIL one crossed the Veterans Memorial Bridge that spans the St. Johns River. There is a Kangaroo at 207/Hwy. 17 that is open 24/7. Then there is the Kangaroo 'on the hill' in San Mateo that is open 24/7. After that, there is the Satsuma Kangaroo, open 24/7. IF RC had traveled on Crill Ave, it would've been completely out of his way and wouldn't have taken him home to Satsuma.

Oops! I called the Crill Handy on the hill (Kanagroo Express?) because I read that is where he stopped. I don't know if it is true or not. When I looked on the map, it appeared to be south of the plant and when I mapped it, it was less than 5 min of his route. and it was to the west or East Palatka. I better look more closely because my eyes must be playing tricks on me. I trust you because you are local. Mapquest must be incorrect.

On a different not, I am still curious on how Hart/Harris got info of the pings. As far as this case goes, I will once again attempt to rule out rc's involvement. This is exactly where I started and have not been able to do it yet.

For those who believe he spent most of 12 hours at work, I would like to see the theory/explanation on his behavior since the crime. It makes no sense. If he were fighting with misty at work and fighting with her for days or longer before, and she turns off her phone and his child disappears, why the love? Within hours of Haleigh missing he was walking around with misty close to his chest defending her..NOT questioning her. Where did all the anger go? They had a huge fight on the phone 15 hrs prior while he was at work and he is hugging her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29