Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TM did say that...for sure.

He sure left a mark with that statement "Things are not as they seem"

With that remark, you have to go back to the beginning of the search. It would be good to know what they found (but we won't) and the conditions of what he was doing in the search at the time he made the remark.

Pretty vague remark...just a few more words and we may have got a clue.

Yep . That combined with a few other odd things at the time is why I think the way I do . The person I think responsible is not Ron .IMO .

It might be interesting to have the authority to post the addresses of certain players. Whenever the topic appears, no one is interested....nuff said.

snipped by me
Really, I was wanting to know what you mean by this. I looked at your previous posts and can not seem to reference it to anything. TIA

Here is a link stating both statements about they dont know and they dont know when....

Aired February 27, 2009 - 19:00:00 ET

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened.

So we`re in the process of interviewing and re-interviewing. And a lot of times this gets confused with questioning. Many times we just have new information that comes in as a part of the leads. And we then have to reaffirm it or affirm it or find out that it is a false lead

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/27/ijvm.01.html

Thank you Mysticrose, and I highly suspect they don't know where it happened either. JMO

Here is a link stating both statements about they dont know and they dont know when....

Aired February 27, 2009 - 19:00:00 ET

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened.

So we`re in the process of interviewing and re-interviewing. And a lot of times this gets confused with questioning. Many times we just have new information that comes in as a part of the leads. And we then have to reaffirm it or affirm it or find out that it is a false lead

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/27/ijvm.01.html

Wasn't this about the time the "rumor" about RC being gone from work and later seen at a convenience store surfaced? And later proven to be untrue?

This was the earliest reference to a new rumor re Ron not being at work I could find at WS and it seems to coincide with Schaunland's comment, said in the context of Ron's work schedule. Therefore I wonder if the reaffirm or affirm a false lead in this context was because they were checking out the new rumor. Rumor talked about on web 24th, his comment on the 27th...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79975&highlight=ron+convenience+store&page=18 Post 447

-------
You are correct. I did read one story that Ron came home and woke Misty. I have also read and heard that it was Haleigh that got up to go to the bathroom and never came back to bed. Of course, this all points to Misty being the village idiot and conveniently the scape goat in this miniseries.

I don't agree that anything points to (1) Misty is a village idiot. (2) this is a miniseries.

This is an unsolved real heartbreaking CRIME. A crime revolving around real people, with real flaws and real feelings. Until we definitively know what happened, we don't know what happened and doesn't that make Misty a crime victim at this point in time?

Unfortunately, if they used a land line they won't find anything. But somehow, I don't think they were the land line type.

Misty had to give the numerical...if land line they would have known it.

Re: what I bolded. What is a landline type? Not sure what that means. Plus I know when I had a "private" landline and I called the police the address did not come up at the police station and had to be given to them.

Re: what I bolded. What is a landline type? Not sure what that means. Plus I know when I had a "private" landline and I called the police the address did not come up at the police station and had to be given to them.

Landline addresses will appear on the 911 operator's console. This is the technology. It doesn't matter whether the phone number is "unlisted".

Maybe like me? I can't afford both so I have only a cell. Once upon a time I had an unlisted, unpublished # and accidently dialed 911 trying to program it into my phone. It never even rang, but lo and behold, I got a call right back from 911...they knew right where I was and even though I told them what I was trying to do, they HAD to dispatch an officer to check things out. Quite embarassing actually, but really nice to know they would do that...what if someone had been holding a gun to my head.

A landline type is usually someone older than 20 something. I deal with this all the time in the telephone business. Most younger customers prefer to have only a cellphone in order to cut expenses. In larger phone companies--like Qwest for example, you are not required to have a landline in order to get DSL. As far as the 911 calls showing up--they will always show an address. The operator will still ask for it for verification or because you may be calling for service at a neighbor's home or an accident out on the road. If you didn't call 911 but called the police station directly, that information would not automatically be available to them. Only a PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point) registered with the FCC is allowed to have that information.

If ........The maternal side took Haleigh it was after 10:30pm the evening of 2/09 and they had obviously succeded by 3:00 am in the morning of 2/10.
That is a a 4 1/2 hr window of time that was used to get ready (to Prop door) and get in take Haleigh and get away out the backdoor through the woods back out onto Haleighs street and through Haliegh's neighborhood and finally to exit out of this remote neighborhood on the only road in and out. It gives me pause to consider perhaps LE was responding "code blue" and the abductor may have been still in the neighborhood and exited after LE turned to go to the Cummings trailer. A 4 1/2 hr window can only place someone close because Crystal was available for that phone call from TN at 3:49 am. This families time delay with so many available at that time ( Crystal got the call, Chad was there beside her in bed right. Marie and BG where accross the yard in their MH and in their beds right? Even Sarah lives with Marie and would of been able to help. Why did she delay!!!!!! What was here reason for her inconsistancies.(still looking for article to link)

This article gives me more pause.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131562&catid=295

Huh? Where is this info about a possible code blue coming from? How in the world would ANYONE in the Sheffield family know what time Misty 'supposedly' went to bed. Is there any basis for any part of this theory or just total assumption/trying to make it fit? With all due respect Please enlighten me.....

Huh? Where is this info about a possible code blue coming from? How in the world would ANYONE in the Sheffield family know what time Misty 'supposedly' went to bed. Is there any basis for any part of this theory or just total assumption/trying to make it fit? With all due respect Please enlighten me.....

BBM In the 911 report.
this article will help explain this theory.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131562&catid=295

If ........The maternal side took Haleigh it was after 10:30pm the evening of 2/09 and they had obviously succeded by 3:00 am in the morning of 2/10.
That is a a 4 1/2 hr window of time that was used to get ready (to Prop door) and get in take Haleigh and get away out the backdoor through the woods back out onto Haleighs street and through Haliegh's neighborhood and finally to exit out of this remote neighborhood on the only road in and out. It gives me pause to consider perhaps LE was responding "code blue" and the abductor may have been still in the neighborhood and exited after LE turned to go to the Cummings trailer. A 4 1/2 hr window can only place someone close because Crystal was available for that phone call from TN at 3:49 am. This families time delay with so many available at that time ( Crystal got the call, Chad was there beside her in bed right. Marie and BG where accross the yard in their MH and in their beds right? Even Sarah lives with Marie and would of been able to help. Why did she delay!!!!!! What was here reason for her inconsistancies.(still looking for article to link)

This article gives me more pause.

WOW! Me too! This little snippet at the bottom (from your link) speaks volumes IMVHO. :eek:

The floors in a house/MH do not get less squeeky, they would be more so now if anything. Just solidifies my opinion that NO ONE came creeping in AND back out during the night to abduct this baby girl without Misty hearing them...that terrifies me and makes me so sad at the same time. :( TY for that link texasmommy...

~Smallwood remembered the house and said its floors were noisy. He said if someone was walking inside, he could hear them even if they were on the other side of the house.

"Someone could not carry the child out of that house unless someone was in a drunken stupor, and not hear that child being taken from that house," Smallwood said.

He explained he had an extra slide lock placed on the back door.~

Obviously the Mobile Home is not as the minister left it back 9 years ago, no sliding bolt was viewed on the current back door.

Also, there was no mention by him as to whether or not the Mobile Home had all the carpet in it when he lived there, as it does now. Carpeting & matting can cut down on many floor sounds in a Mobile Home that were there prior when floors were bare.

Wasn't this about the time the "rumor" about RC being gone from work and later seen at a convenience store surfaced? And later proven to be untrue?

This was the earliest reference to a new rumor re Ron not being at work I could find at WS and it seems to coincide with Schaunland's comment, said in the context of Ron's work schedule. Therefore I wonder if the reaffirm or affirm a false lead in this context was because they were checking out the new rumor. Rumor talked about on web 24th, his comment on the 27th...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79975&highlight=ron+convenience+store&page=18 Post 447

Well in this press release dated April 28 from Rons lawyers they do state he was at the convience store:

Press Release

April 28, 2009

PART I

RESPONSE TO ARTICLE ABOUT RONALD CUMMINGS' ALIBI

This press release is in response to the Art Harris article of April 27, 2009 found at artharris.com.

The headline of the article "Exclusive: Haleigh Cummings-Dad's Solid Alibi?" is contradicted in the body of the article that states "So far, Cummings has a solid alibi. Not only do co-workers like Zastrow tell police they recall him on property [SIC], even taking his dinner break in the cafeteria, but the Bald Truth has learned exclusively that Cummings cell phone pings came from cell towers by the steel plant, and that on the way home, he stopped by a convenience store to buy a few things."

http://www.findhaleighnow.com/press2.htm

Gosh, I guess different things in that article jumped out at us, lol! Which to be honest is probably why many of us see the same thing and perceive it SO differently...I've tried to see things from your point of view, I promise I really have. :) but for me personally, it makes no sense. Please don't take that the wrong way....I TOTALLY respect your opinion and your right to it AND I can respect that you are so passionate about it...I just don't understand it...Hopefully we can agree to disagree! :blowkiss:

On a side note...and NOT directed at anyone in particular on either 'side' and there are sides IMO, I don't care what anyone says. Does anyone else see how ridiculous this has gotten? In the meantime none of this ch!t has gotten any closer to finding HaLeigh. :( ok, I'm done, lol...I knew that I should have stayed off of the 'sites' today!

Obviously the Mobile Home is not as the minister left it back 9 years ago, no sliding bolt was viewed on the current back door.

Also, there was no mention by him as to whether or not the Mobile Home had all the carpet in it when he lived there, as it does now. Carpeting & matting can cut down on many floor sounds in a Mobile Home that were there prior when floors were bare.

I was about to offer also: during the walk thru of the mobile home no one mentions something apparently so noticeable.

Funny. We live in a mobile home that is close to 30 years old. The floors do not squeak, even the floors that are not carpeted. Some of them have been replaced over the years, but it's the support boards underneath that cause a floor to squeak, not the floor itself, so I've been told.
Does anyone remember hearing the floors squeaking during any of those walk-throughs the media had? I sure don't.
I disagree with the statement that no one could come in and snatch the child without the other people hearing it. There are times when I could hammer nails or pick up a heavy piece of furniture and drop it, and my hubs wouldn't hear it. Other times I can sneeze and it wakes him up. Same with me. We had thunderstorms with loud booms off and on the other night, and he slept through it. I wake up fairly easily... but I have also been known to sleep through things. So saying that it can't happen is assuming too much. Anything is possible.

Well in this press release dated April 28 from Rons lawyers they do state he was at the convience store:

Press Release

April 28, 2009

PART I

RESPONSE TO ARTICLE ABOUT RONALD CUMMINGS' ALIBI

This press release is in response to the Art Harris article of April 27, 2009 found at artharris.com.

The headline of the article "Exclusive: Haleigh Cummings-Dad's Solid Alibi?" is contradicted in the body of the article that states "So far, Cummings has a solid alibi. Not only do co-workers like Zastrow tell police they recall him on property [SIC], even taking his dinner break in the cafeteria, but the Bald Truth has learned exclusively that Cummings cell phone pings came from cell towers by the steel plant, and that on the way home, he stopped by a convenience store to buy a few things."

http://www.findhaleighnow.com/press2.htm

Hi Mystic...

Actually, Ron's attorneys aren't stating he was at the store in the part you quoted - that was taken out of Art's article.

So far, Cummings has a solid alibi. Not only do co-workers like Zastrow tell police they recall him on property, even taking his dinner break in the cafeteria, but The Bald Truth has learned exclusively that Cummings cell phone pings came from cell towers by the steel plant.

On the way home, investigators also know he stopped by a convenience store to buy a few things. That would certainly seem to debunk one theory that he went to the trailer to check on Misty, then returned to work that night.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/27/exclusive-haleigh-cummings-dads-solid-alibi/

I realize it is slightly different now - but Art revised the article. (I cannot copy his comments per TOS, but underneath the article in the comment section, there is a comment from Art and you'll see that he re-wrote part of the article - which he does tend to do at times when he learns new information).

Anyhow, point being, it wasn't Ron's attorney that stated Ron went to the store, it was Art Harris. :crazy:

Hi Mystic...

Actually, Ron's attorneys aren't stating he was at the store in the part you quoted - that was taken out of Art's article.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/27/exclusive-haleigh-cummings-dads-solid-alibi/

I realize it is slightly different now - but Art revised the article. (I cannot copy his comments per TOS, but underneath the article in the comment section, there is a comment from Art and you'll see that he re-wrote part of the article - which he does tend to do at times when he learns new information).

Anyhow, point being, it wasn't Ron's attorney that stated Ron went to the store, it was Art Harris. :crazy:

I understand but if you read the press release from Ron's attorney they are agreeing with that part of art's story... If they were not in agreement they would have stated it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uhohspaghettiO