Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to do that either Flossie. I'm quite technology challenged, shall we say? ~SNIP~

See the double quote button to the right of the "Quote" button at the lower right of each post? (Multi-Quote This Message). Click on this once for each post you wish to include in your response. For the last post, click on the "Quote" button, and all the posts you've selected will be shown.

I think I have this right...give it a try!

OT The lawyer issue has concerned me as well, starting with when Crystal got KP. Where are Crystal and Marie lately? Haven't seen any interviews lately.
The link I posted last night said the family would be at the benefit, available during and after the concert. So I guess they are/were in Tx.

What if somebody was smoking/doing dope out on the ramp to the back door? I think Misty said (somebody said) that they used the back door to go out and smoke and also to take the garbage bags out.

Haleigh was so light, I don't think navigating the ramp would be a problem.

True that the front screened-in porch offers a natural shield. But if someone wanted to toss some left-over drug materials into the trash, they would need to be near where the trash is kept.

I don't know why this child, this night, this way. Poor little baby. I sure wish we knew what LE knows! We are pretty much left shooting in the dark. Do we know how much Jr weighed compared to Haleigh? Even though he is younger, I think he's bigger. IF Jr was sleeping with Misty, Haleigh would have been easier to take. (A big IF, I know.) If this was a revenge thing, maybe someone knew that Haleigh was Ron's special child.

This makes me wonder something...We know that Misty & Ron had a fight about her babysitting a relative's kids and Ron said no. Misty was very angry at Ron. Misty would have known that Haleigh was special to Ron. What if her drug-friends came over, they did drugs, and they decided to stage this as a way for Misty to get back at Ron. This is why Misty did not call 911. She thought it would be easy to bring Haleigh back, but things got out of control when Ron said to call 911 and LE arrived. Misty may not have realized that once Haleigh was in the hands of druggies, whe was at risk and who knows where she might have ended up.

You have a good logical head, debs, what do you think of this angle?

Misty stated that they used that back door only to take out garbage or occasionally take the vacuum out for the car. Neither Ronald nor Misty ever admitted using the back ramp as a place to smoke.

Haleigh's weight would be a factor given the dark and the damp. Watching the early morning interviews, you can see the dew all over the grass and the old wood on that ramp would have been slick. Carrying a child down that ramp in those circumstances lead me to believe it would not have happened.

I am not making light of your theory, Kam....but I find it slightly funny to imagine a druggie taking care to make sure his garbage is safely into the can outside.....yanno?

I don't think Haleigh was taken from the MH by someone who snuck in and just grabbed whoever was most convenient to grab. The back door never made sense to me as a way to get in or out. A revenge would never bother to stage. The statement would be loud and clear just by Haleigh's disappearance. A stranger doesn't make sense because of how random the entire scenario is. Marie or her agent doesn't make sense because Jr is still there. In fact, anyone on either side taking only Haleigh and keeping her somewhere doesn't make sense because Jr is still there. I throw this out universally for everyone involved.

Misty's anger was never spoken of by Marie or Ronald or GGM......or anyone. We see it now through RoadRageGate. We hear her snapping at her friends on her 911 call after being robbed. We see a little of it in that first interview where Ronald whispers to her to look at the camera, and without blinking, flinching, or even turning to look at him, respond "I am." in quite a tone of snottiness.

I do not buy that Misty loved and cared for Haleigh as much as people want to make out. Haleigh wanted to identify with Misty (We hear that she had to have everything Misty had) and then we hear a long convoluted story about giving in to Haleigh's temper tantrum that morning to wear a particular outfit. Misty, having been gone for 3 days, up all Sunday night talking with Ron, having to deal with a cranky 5 year old and a 3 year old.....How did they manage to get Jr back to sleep?

Were the kids present that Sunday night after Misty returned and was up all night talking with Ronald (per TN on one of her many NG appearances). How were their needs met? How was dinner addressed that Sunday night? Bedtime? How did Ronald and Misty keep it down so the kids could get the rest they needed? If Haleigh and Jr sleep from 8 until 6.......that's 10 hours. Up to get ready for school......adding on time to drive to GGM and back down to Haleigh's school....getting back to the MH by, let's just say 9........Jr is ready for bed already by then? Up at noon, laying around the house until Ronald has to get Haleigh at the bus....that's 3:30 or so, and Jr is asleep again....let's say he gets up by 4, he's ready for bed again by 8?

Something is not right with that bit. How long was Jr's nap during the day? Why was there a nap time so close to bedtime? Differences in parenting notwithstanding, most people understand you don't let a child sleep that much if you want them to go to bed without major problems.

Misty could have traded Haleigh, as some have suggested, for drugs, but there would be evidence of that, namely the drugs. I dismiss that outright, unless Misty decided to sell her for just enough to get her through the night. Doubtful. I don't think Haleigh went to pay off any drug debt, either. Nor was she taken for collateral.

I have nothing that has allowed me to consider any of the theories seriously, not even just for lack of evidence, but because the center fails in the logic of nearly all of them. The only one so far that holds its center is that something happened to Haleigh which puts Misty and Ronald squarely and equally responsible.

Who in this bunch of people is smart enough or cares enough about Haleigh to kidnapp her and hide her for 8 months.

If this was planned in advance, I can only think of one who would be smart enough to plan it and smart enough to hide her and capable enough to attend to her needs (and who has the motivation). But, I'm smart enough to keep this to myself! :innocent: And I'm sure LE has considered this possibility, so I am confident they have done, or are doing, the appropriate investigation. 'Nuff said.

If this was planned in advance, I can only think of one who would be smart enough to plan it and smart enough to hide her and capable enough to attend to her needs (and who has the motivation). But, I'm smart enough to keep this to myself! :innocent: And I'm sure LE has considered this possibility, so I am confident they have done, or are doing, the appropriate investigation. 'Nuff said.

If they planned this out so carefully and knew when to strike and pulled this off, that means someone is keeping her and taking care of her. Yes? So these people who have her, know that they have a kidnapped child. Yes? So how are they able to take care of her medical needs without being noticed? How do they explain who she is to neighbors, her school, and friends? And when does she get to go home to mommy and grandma? How would you explain where she has been? Or did the family just whisk her away and have no plans on reuniting her with her mom and Marie? But that still leaves medical and school. What about records, shots, grades, history, ss#. Lots to plan out, and lots of money to keep her somewhere.

One word "Underground".

The Underground network does not go into this lightly. There has to be proof that a child is being sexually assaulted or abused in order for them to act. I know where this line of thinking is coming from, I read it too. But it is rumor, one woman's opinion, another woman's writing about it. I don't know what to think about this, but I have never heard anyone close to Haleigh express this concern. It is an ugly thing to even put out there, and I am not a Ron supporter by any means. I am a Haleigh supporter, and if there was one shred of proof, I would be helping the movement.

If they planned this out so carefully and knew when to strike and pulled this off, that means someone is keeping her and taking care of her. Yes? So these people who have her, know that they have a kidnapped child. Yes? So how are they able to take care of her medical needs without being noticed? How do they explain who she is to neighbors, her school, and friends? And when does she get to go home to mommy and grandma? How would you explain where she has been? Or did the family just whisk her away and have no plans on reuniting her with her mom and Marie? But that still leaves medical and school. What about records, shots, grades, history, ss#. Lots to plan out, and lots of money to keep her somewhere.

Bern, I totally agree with you. I don't see how you can hide a child, especially if you are a friend or family member! I'm sure she would have been seen by now.

There are just too many pieces of this huge puzzle missing! Was it an opportunist SO that just happened to come across Haleigh, an accident that led to a coverup. I go back and forth everyday! It's so frustrating. Although, if I am going with my gut, I keep going back to the accident/coverup theory just because of the very strange and suspicious behavior of the 2 main characters.

I'm so confused!!

The Underground network does not go into this lightly. There has to be proof that a child is being sexually assaulted or abused in order for them to act. I know where this line of thinking is coming from, I read it too. But it is rumor, one woman's opinion, another woman's writing about it. I don't know what to think about this, but I have never heard anyone close to Haleigh express this concern. It is an ugly thing to even put out there, and I am not a Ron supporter by any means. I am a Haleigh supporter, and if there was one shred of proof, I would be helping the movement.

Reading your post, I feel you understand my post, then I waiver after reading further into your post.

Correct, the underground network, and I'm sure there would be more than one, operates outside of the law. Can you point me to where you read this line of thinking, was it concerning Haleigh's case? An opinion outside of this forum? If so, I haven't seen it, actually I haven't seen this said but faintly recalling maybe once around here. Shred of proof, you would be supporting the movement? I must not have my thinking cap on at all, help me please. LOL

Okay, I'll ask, what is in it for Misty? She fail the all the polys the VSA and LE think she is the KEY. So why is she hiding the information that leads LE to this underground network? Misty was abused and I don't see her covering for the Sheffield or Griffis and then marry Ron the accused abuser. See this is a snag...

See, I even find the 'lack of sleep' thing odd. Misty herself has said (if she is to be believed :banghead:) that after taking HaLeigh to school that she and Ron (don't know if Jr was there) went back to sleep until almost time for Ron to go to work. THEN, when Ron (as they report anyway) went to pick HaLeigh up from the bus stop, Jr was napping AGAIN, so Misty stayed at home with him. Even if she did party hardy, according to her anyway, she had slept. IDK, each story she tells contradicts the next but that still raises NO red flag with some. :waitasec:

...OTOH... :crazy: when taken in overall context w reports that the conflict which had arisen earlier that day between Ron and Misty was about her wanting to babysit someone else's kids (translation= be elsewhere) it begins to tip the scales greatly IMO in favor of Misty not only not being home but quite likely having taken the children out someplace else w her. The lack of physical evidence at 202 would seem to support this theory. JMO
:parrot:

Bern, I totally agree with you. I don't see how you can hide a child, especially if you are a friend or family member! I'm sure she would have been seen by now.

There are just too many pieces of this huge puzzle missing! Was it an opportunist SO that just happened to come across Haleigh, an accident that led to a coverup. I go back and forth everyday! It's so frustrating. Although, if I am going with my gut, I keep going back to the accident/coverup theory just because of the very strange and suspicious behavior of the 2 main characters.

I'm so confused!!

BBM hehehe I'm a little confused too, if we're all that's talking about underground are referring to the same kind I meant. I could see how you feel if it were family or friends doing the hiding, I would agree.

But the kind I'm talking about, it's done everyday.

Okay, I'll ask, what is in it for Misty? She fail the all the polys the VSA and LE think she is the KEY. So why is she hiding the information that leads LE to this underground network? Misty was abused and I don't see her covering for the Sheffield or Griffis and then marry Ron the accused abuser. See this is a snag...

ooooh I see where you are going. I didn't mean Misty was any part of the underground I referred too. Sorry about the confusion, it was on my behalf.

I am not convinced she is hiding info, but I do often wonder if she was threatened that HaLeigh and/or others would be killed, jmo

Reading your post, I feel you understand my post, then I waiver after reading further into your post.

Correct, the underground network, and I'm sure there would be more than one, operates outside of the law. Can you point me to where you read this line of thinking, was it concerning Haleigh's case? An opinion outside of this forum? If so, I haven't seen it, actually I haven't seen this said but faintly recalling maybe once around here. Shred of proof, you would be supporting the movement? I must not have my thinking cap on at all, help me please. LOL

I just read it again a few days ago. This person said it came from MG, but I have never heard this from her. I don't think it is a true statement. I am not going to point anyone to this article, if you can find it, you can read it. I think it is an ugly thing to say. Ron is not said to be at blame, but it is left open for your interpretation. I am saying that if I knew that a child was being abused, and the law would not help the child, as in some cases, I am for taking the child out of the home of the abuser and putting them in a safe place. One mother did this and went to prison rather than tell where her daughter was. President Clinton gave her amnesty when he left office, she had served 10 yrs IIRC.

IMO the underground is often wrong. I think it's a valid theory, jmo, and not a new one

I am not convinced she is hiding info, but I do often wonder if she was threatened that HaLeigh and/or others would be killed, jmo

Okay, I am not the brightest bulb tonight, so can you explain, if they took her to keep her and save her, or just wanted her from Ron, why would they kill her? We are talking family here that cares so much they risk going to prison for the rest of their lives for kidnapping. Why would Misty risk going to jail or being RR in my book? If the other family took her, just tell police, they aren't going to kill you, the police will have them in custody.

Okay, I am not the brightest bulb tonight, so can you explain, if they took her to keep her and save her, or just wanted her from Ron, why would they kill her? We are talking family here that cares so much they risk going to prison for the rest of their lives for kidnapping. Why would Misty risk going to jail or being RR in my book? If the other family took her, just tell police, they aren't going to kill you, the police will have them in custody.
JMO I doubt that if it did happen, that someone who she recognized would be the one abducting HaLeigh, and I don't think it was to save her, although that story could be told, jmo

I just read it again a few days ago. This person said it came from MG, but I have never heard this from her. I don't think it is a true statement. I am not going to point anyone to this article, if you can find it, you can read it. I think it is an ugly thing to say. Ron is not said to be at blame, but it is left open for your interpretation. I am saying that if I knew that a child was being abused, and the law would not help the child, as in some cases, I am for taking the child out of the home of the abuser and putting them in a safe place. One mother did this and went to prison rather than tell where her daughter was. President Clinton gave her amnesty when he left office, she had served 10 yrs IIRC.

I haven't seen the article or comments you refer too. Must not have been around here. No point in me asking you any further questions that I have since you dont want to give a link. I remember the case you speak of about the mother hiding her daughter. Was she allowed to see this child, was that ever established once the child went underground?

Misty stated that they used that back door only to take out garbage or occasionally take the vacuum out for the car. Neither Ronald nor Misty ever admitted using the back ramp as a place to smoke.

Now that you say this, I think I remember that Misty did say she went to the front porch to smoke.

Haleigh's weight would be a factor given the dark and the damp. Watching the early morning interviews, you can see the dew all over the grass and the old wood on that ramp would have been slick. Carrying a child down that ramp in those circumstances lead me to believe it would not have happened.

I agree that it's possible Haleigh was taken out the front and the back door was staged.

I am not making light of your theory, Kam....but I find it slightly funny to imagine a druggie taking care to make sure his garbage is safely into the can outside.....yanno?

LOL! I got a real good giggle out of this mental image! :laughbounce:

I don't think Haleigh was taken from the MH by someone who snuck in and just grabbed whoever was most convenient to grab. The back door never made sense to me as a way to get in or out. A revenge would never bother to stage. The statement would be loud and clear just by Haleigh's disappearance. A stranger doesn't make sense because of how random the entire scenario is. Marie or her agent doesn't make sense because Jr is still there. In fact, anyone on either side taking only Haleigh and keeping her somewhere doesn't make sense because Jr is still there. I throw this out universally for everyone involved.

I agree with part of what you say here. (Agree not likely a stranger. It's possible that it was a family abduction and they only had time to take one child, but not the other, before something scared them away. Also possible that the family member(s) who took Haleigh had more of a connection to Haleigh than they did Jr.)
bbm. I don't think, though, that what I bolded is necessarily the case. Depending on whose revenge it was, it could have been staged. Either by someone especially vindictive (Amber, for example, particularly if someone was helping her.) Or, what if it was set up by Misty, herself, to get back at Ron because she was angry with him? Sounds like something somebody immature would do to get the most out of it. If it was revenge by a drug dealer, for example, then I agree with you.

Misty's anger was never spoken of by Marie or Ronald or GGM......or anyone. We see it now through RoadRageGate. We hear her snapping at her friends on her 911 call after being robbed. We see a little of it in that first interview where Ronald whispers to her to look at the camera, and without blinking, flinching, or even turning to look at him, respond "I am." in quite a tone of snottiness.

Yes, this definitely paints Misty in a new light!

I do not buy that Misty loved and cared for Haleigh as much as people want to make out. Haleigh wanted to identify with Misty (We hear that she had to have everything Misty had) and then we hear a long convoluted story about giving in to Haleigh's temper tantrum that morning to wear a particular outfit. Misty, having been gone for 3 days, up all Sunday night talking with Ron, having to deal with a cranky 5 year old and a 3 year old.....How did they manage to get Jr back to sleep?

Well, I am buying less and less into anything Misty has said. There are nuggets of truth in there, I'm sure, but not easy to figure out what is valid and what isn't.

Were the kids present that Sunday night after Misty returned and was up all night talking with Ronald (per TN on one of her many NG appearances). How were their needs met? How was dinner addressed that Sunday night? Bedtime? How did Ronald and Misty keep it down so the kids could get the rest they needed? If Haleigh and Jr sleep from 8 until 6.......that's 10 hours. Up to get ready for school......adding on time to drive to GGM and back down to Haleigh's school....getting back to the MH by, let's just say 9........Jr is ready for bed already by then? Up at noon, laying around the house until Ronald has to get Haleigh at the bus....that's 3:30 or so, and Jr is asleep again....let's say he gets up by 4, he's ready for bed again by 8?

I would guess that, in between arguing, the kids got some kind of dinner and were left to their own devices to play or watch TV. They probably knew enough to stay out of it. Misty said she slept on Monday, but did she specifically say Jr slept (other than his nap?) I would guess she was not adverse to napping while Jr was up and playing or watching TV. If Jr had his normal sleep Sunday night, he sure wouldn't sleep all day Monday. If he slept poorly Sun night, he may have had a normal nap Mon afternoon - say an hour or two.

Something is not right with that bit. How long was Jr's nap during the day? Why was there a nap time so close to bedtime? Differences in parenting notwithstanding, most people understand you don't let a child sleep that much if you want them to go to bed without major problems.

Same as above.

Misty could have traded Haleigh, as some have suggested, for drugs, but there would be evidence of that, namely the drugs. I dismiss that outright, unless Misty decided to sell her for just enough to get her through the night. Doubtful. I don't think Haleigh went to pay off any drug debt, either. Nor was she taken for collateral.

I agree, maybe for somewhat different reasons. It might be possibile, though, that if Misty had done some drugs Mon night after arguing with Ron, that her judgement was impaired and she did something rash that she later regretted doing.

I have nothing that has allowed me to consider any of the theories seriously, not even just for lack of evidence, but because the center fails in the logic of nearly all of them. The only one so far that holds its center is that something happened to Haleigh which puts Misty and Ronald squarely and equally responsible.

To sum, I think the revenge theory probably holds the most water of those discussed above, depending on who wanted revenge and against whom. Amber would have had motivation for revenge against both Misty and Ron, and she and Misty had a run-in over the weekend before. IMO, she would have had to have help. What would she have done with Haleigh? I don't think she would have hurt her, but she could have given her to someone else and who knows what may have happened then.

Misty could have impulsively planned revenge against Ron, but IMO, it would have been more like playing a nasty trick on him, and then it backfired terribly.

The reasons I have strong doubts about an accident involving both Misty and Ron are that 1) In my gut, I can't see Ron living with himself if something happened to his little girl. I know he's strange acting, but there is too much collaboration that he adored this child. 2) I believe there would have been forensic evidence in the home and LE found none. If Misty was involved and not Ron, then it could have happened outside the home. But if it happened before Ron left for work, it would have been in the home, so this implies Ron was not involved. 3) We have too many indicators that Haleigh was seen after Ron left for work.

Thanks, debs...good comments. I have added my comments above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member