Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh ? #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would RC send Misty to find the gun? Why not look for himself? Only answer I can come up with is to get her prints on the gun.

In reference to myself I don't believe any gun was stolen, but I do believe a gun is involved and the reason WHY Haleigh disappeared..I also believe the truth about what really happened with the gun will expose the truth...JMO
about that gun...Misty seemed oblivious to its importance, & had no trouble talking about it. If the gun was involved, I have to think that Misty wasn't.

In reference to myself I don't believe any gun was stolen, but I do believe a gun is involved and the reason WHY Haleigh disappeared..I also believe the truth about what really happened with the gun will expose the truth...JMO

LE may never figure out the significance of the gun story if they can't find evidence to prove it was fired. If only the van and gun could talk.

Thank you elle, It's strange. Everytime I hear about the gun, I replace HaLeigh's name for the gun.

Example: Tommy Joe and Timmy( the brother RC liked) coming over one night to visit with Ronald and Misty and RC was showing off HALEIGH. They had their visit that night and the next day HaLeigh came up missing and Misty went looking for her.

This does have a ring of truth in it. What is the point of discussing the gun? Is it relevant to HaLeigh's disappearance or just gossip, something to talk about so you don't have to expose the truth?

Guns seem to be very important to them. I own a gun too but I have never showed it off or bragged about it. However, lol...if the right people are over my hubby will show them his gun.

I just don't know what to think anymore.

Elle, I've been noticing your posts about the gun in the ditch. I'm curious myself as to when all of this happened. There are two things I can point out to possibly shed some light on the time frame.

At 11:47 of her LVA, Misty says "he was only down here for a couple weeks" referring to Cousin Joe. No matter what, the fight or altercation over the gun's alleged theft happened within that period.

Also, I found this article:

Since it's reasonably clear that Joe Overstreet left Satsuma sometime late in the day on 2/10, the statement above leads me to believe the gun was found in the ditch AFTER Haleigh disappeared.

Papa, I am still looking for the interview where one of one of the Croslin women( I can't remember which one it was now) talks about Misty finding the gun in the culvert.

I am my own worst enemy when I am looking for something.

Guns seem to be very important to them. I own a gun too but I have never showed it off or bragged about it. However, lol...if the right people are over my hubby will show them his gun.

I just don't know what to think anymore.

I am certain Hank Jr would covet Ron's guns and try to steal them when Ron wasn't home. This seems like a no brainer. After all, Tommy has a history of entering homes in his neighborhood and stealing guns so why would Ron be exempt? BUT would Tommy and perhaps Joe take HaLeigh because Ron outsmarted them and hid his guns? IMO, Yes if they were angry at Ron and didn't want to leave empty handed. BUT would they harm her? Is this what Misty said in her letters to Chelsea and her father? How could HaLeigh possibly be hidden away in another town when it is a fact the 3 Musketeers were all in Satsuma Monday night? In the other cases where Tommy stole guns, he never harmed his victims and one of the guns was returned when he got caught. In the other case, which happened after HaLeigh disappeared, Tommy wouldn't tell where he hid the stolen gun so he is being deceitful. When did Tommy change and stop telling the truth? Was it the night HaLeigh disappeared? If not, why was he willing to say where he hid MM's but not the neighbors' gun he stole after Christmas?

about that gun...Misty seemed oblivious to its importance, & had no trouble talking about it. If the gun was involved, I have to think that Misty wasn't.

The only problem Misty had when talking about the gun is in the LVA test when she says Ron told her to look in the culvert and the board was hi.... (she absolutely stops herself in mid-sentence) and says, "there it was." For some reason she didn't want to use the word "hidden" or "hiding," I forget which.

IF a gun was involved with Haleigh's disappearance, it could only resurface once they were sure the body would NEVER be found to make bullet comparisons.

The whole gun episode and Ron defending Joe, saying "there was no fight over no gun" is just plain odd and perplexing. Considering Ron's penchant for guns makes it even more so.

I know I mentioned this earlier, but I've been thinking a lot about what this family was like before all this happened. Elle--I know you've done a lot of research and I was just wondering if Lisa has had other theft charges-like in Tennessee or Michigan. I can't provide any links but there was talk of her having several aliases in the past. I know Tommy has been charged with abuse, but what about past thefts? It may sound strange but what if Tommy was "trained" since he was a child to say he took whatever if Mom got caught? He was the oldest and as a child he might be forgiven and not charged if the item was returned. I mean-Lisa is the one who took the checks and forged the signature, and she is also the one who said Tommy took the gun. The neighborhood thefts started after her & HC Sr moved in with T&L. They were mostly household items a woman would use--plus another gun. And Tommy was seen walking up and down the street late at night. Could he have been a lookout for mom? Is this where Misty learned to blame Tommy for so much? It sure would be nice to find out who had the fingerprint with the scar.

I know this may seem a bit farfetched to many of you, but we have had so much time and so little info that I tend to think about these side events and whether or not they have anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

There are only 3 possibilites that I can think of:
1. She was killed or died accidentally.
2. She was taken by a sex offender with knowledge of the home.
3. She was taken by a family member and hidden away.

JMO

I know I mentioned this earlier, but I've been thinking a lot about what this family was like before all this happened. Elle--I know you've done a lot of research and I was just wondering if Lisa has had other theft charges-like in Tennessee or Michigan. I can't provide any links but there was talk of her having several aliases in the past. I know Tommy has been charged with abuse, but what about past thefts? It may sound strange but what if Tommy was "trained" since he was a child to say he took whatever if Mom got caught? He was the oldest and as a child he might be forgiven and not charged if the item was returned. I mean-Lisa is the one who took the checks and forged the signature, and she is also the one who said Tommy took the gun. The neighborhood thefts started after her & HC Sr moved in with T&L. They were mostly household items a woman would use--plus another gun. And Tommy was seen walking up and down the street late at night. Could he have been a lookout for mom? Is this where Misty learned to blame Tommy for so much? It sure would be nice to find out who had the fingerprint with the scar.

I know this may seem a bit farfetched to many of you, but we have had so much time and so little info that I tend to think about these side events and whether or not they have anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

JMO

Doobie - what did I miss with the fingerprint with a scar? What's that about?

The only problem Misty had when talking about the gun is in the LVA test when she says Ron told her to look in the culvert and the board was hi.... (she absolutely stops herself in mid-sentence) and says, "there it was." For some reason she didn't want to use the word "hidden" or "hiding," I forget which.

Yes, I caught that too. Almost seems as though RC was trying to set TC up. What makes it even more obvious is that he sent Misty down there to look for it.

She catches herself constantly...for once I would wish she would slip. From the very first tape of 911, she almost said something in the first sentence and caught herself. Her mind works very fast...no doubt about it.

"Hi, I just woke up and the back door was open and I think...em..our daughter is missing.

Wonder what she was going to say after "I think"...

When she spoke with AH she mentioned she called her mother right away...em...after I called 911 (doubt it)

She also mentioned about Haleigh and the sleeping. Starting to say she didn't go right to sleep, implying some sort of problem, once again, she caught herself and started talking the blankets.

She is quick on her feet. People think she is of slow mind, not me.

i just noticed tommy said misty slept with the gun under her pillow. could haleigh have found the gun?

Doobie - what did I miss with the fingerprint with a scar? What's that about?

I think it was on a jailhouse tape of Lindsy and Tommy. She asked him if he had a scar on his thumb or finger-one of the two because the cops asked her--something about a fingerprint they found with a scar.

JMO

Hi Doob, sorry I
am so behind today. I feel crappy because of all this pollen. Sweet home Alabama...lol

I have tried to do a lot of research but i have to be honest and say that I get sidetracked very easily. I go looking for confirmation of one thing and come across something that peaks my interest and I lose all focus and concentration and end up off in nowhere land. Pain.

I found a charge for TiC in VA but haven't been able to get to the bottom of that. Nothing yet on Lisa, but I have strong opinions that she has always had sticky fingers but never got caught. You know how often this family moved around. Also, if you do a search of the father and mother and grandparents of many of these players, you will find very interesting information. I can't post the links because many of the people have never had their name mentioned in Haleigh's case and i don't want to break TOS.

Bottom line, I don't think Haleigh going missing turned The Croslin's into people who broke the law. I think they have always been people who broke the law and perhaps never got caught, or did depending on where the crime was committed. Maybe that will ruffle some feathers but its just my opinion. I have been working on a new theory, the past few days. Before we heard that Tommy may or may not have taken the LDT on Thursday, it will be rough to see all this play out from here on in....I think Justice for Haleigh may be closer than many think.

Elle,
I can hardly wait to hear your new theory!

Thanks for all your hard work. How many notebooks do you have now?

:blowkiss:

We really appreciated not having to listen to Hank's moaning, groaning and heavy breathing, too!

Yes, that's what I think too.

Can I just ask please if everyone heard Tommy say misty had a gun under her pillow
( this thought makes me ill)and how believable is that?

I wish there was one credible person in this bunch, just one. I am really beginning to wonder if Misty left the home after putting the kids to bed at 8 pm. If you look closely at the LDT results or LVA results she did, there are several questions that registered truth for Misty, one was when she put the kids to bed. Then right after that she said she last saw Haleigh 10 pm when she went to bed....and that was a lie. 10 pm was a lie, they asked what happened next and she said she woke up to go to the bathroom....that was a lie.

She also stated she called RC freaking out and that registered truth. I know it kept being stated that she failed these tests miserably....but there were truthful statements in there at points and I think those statements are what LE are working their time line from.

Links to the in depth LVA stuff can be found here: http://www.artharris.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/tjward-misty-lva2.pdf

and here: http://www.artharris.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/TJ-Ward-LVA-report-resized-2

JMO

Hank Sr told Misty Lisa didn't steal a purse from WalMart and Lisa was targeted because of their soiled reputation. He said when he went to inquire why he and Lisa aren't permitted to visit his grandchildren, the clerk knew who he was before he introduced himself to her. Walmart have surveillance cameras and in-store security personnel so this case should be a slam dunk. In a nutshell, all I know is Lisa was charged with drunk and disorderly conduct awhile back and Tommy has civil records for an unpaid loan and Lindsy laid charges against him for domestic violence and child support in 2005. Tommy was charged and found guilty for reckless driving and in 2009/2010, he was charged for possessing controlled narcotics at the bus stop, drug trafficking, the 2 B&E's Misty pinned on him and the charges that were laid when the rat was found in Tommy's mailbox, and what happened the night the Croslin's went to Gmma Sykes to take Misty. I think if there were criminal records against Lisa for theft, the wonderful sleuthers here would have found them. Hank said he worked steady until he was hit by a drunk driver who was driving his girlfriend's car which wasn't insured. According to Hank, this impaired driver is already serving jail time for this crime and Hank said this isn't right; the creep should be working to cover his expenses and losses.

Lindsy sounds like she is enjoying her freedom and opportunity to make her own decisions. She enjoys living alone in her new home with her children and does not seem afraid of anything. IMO throwing out Tommy and Timmy's workboots is a sign that she won't allow herself to be walked on anymore by them. Lindsy believes in herself and said she gave Tommy many chances to clean himself up and his second verse was always the same as the first.

Hank Sr told Misty Lisa didn't steal a purse from WalMart and Lisa was targeted because of their soiled reputation. He said when he went to inquire why he and Lisa aren't permitted to visit his grandchildren, the clerk knew who he was before he introduced himself to her. Walmart have surveillance cameras and in-store security personnel so this case should be a slam dunk. In a nutshell, all I know is Lisa was charged with drunk and disorderly conduct awhile back and Tommy has civil records for an unpaid loan and Lindsy laid charges against him for domestic violence and child support in 2005. Tommy was charged and found guilty for reckless driving and in 2009/2010, he was charged for possessing controlled narcotics at the bus stop, drug trafficking, the 2 B&E's Misty pinned on him and the charges that were laid when the rat was found in Tommy's mailbox, and what happened the night the Croslin's went to Gmma Sykes to take Misty. I think if there were criminal records against Lisa for theft, the wonderful sleuthers here would have found them. Hank said he worked steady until he was hit by a drunk driver who was driving his girlfriend's car which wasn't insured. According to Hank, this impaired driver is already serving jail time for this crime and Hank said this isn't right; the creep should be working to cover his expenses and losses.

Lindsy sounds like she is enjoying her freedom and opportunity to make her own decisions. She enjoys living alone in her new home with her children and does not seem afraid of anything. IMO throwing out Tommy and Timmy's workboots is a sign that she won't allow herself to be walked on anymore by them. Lindsy believes in herself and said she gave Tommy many chances to clean himself up and his second verse was always the same as the first.
I wonder how Tommy convinced Lindsey to take him back, after the domestic violence charges. She overlooks so much of what he does, that whatever happened, must've been pretty bad, for her to have filed a complaint. Something was said about how Tommy would get out of bed, 'to watch tv'. What was he really doing? robbing neighbors? going to the kids room? Lindsey has closed her eyes too much to that guy .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx