Theories: Who and Why?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A member of the Farrow family has his own theory about what happened to Taylor and Skyla. He was there not long after the shootings occurred and watched what LE was doing. Evidently they were looking for bullets in the ground. The girls were shot 13 times, according to the autopsy report, and there were five bullets remaining in their bodies. Eight bullets passed through their bodies, and some should have burrowed into the ground. LE had dogs and metal detectors out there, but, as far as he knew, no bullets were ever found. (This may be why LE didn't object to the road being graded.) Also, the shells appeared to have been scattered as if they were dropped. This possibly leads to a different scenario than what LE had first reported. They said the girls were shot where they stood. However, because of the small amount of blood actually on the road, he thinks they could have been shot elsewhere and dumped on the road as a message. (LE may have said they were killed right there in the hope that someone would have a big mouth and say they were killed elsewhere. If that is the case, it may have backfired on LE.) This person believes the girls made it to the bridge, as per witness, but he wonders if they may have been picked up and murdered elsewhere before they were dumped.

Another thing that was odd was a brown van that had been seen visiting the Placker house a number of times in the month before the murders but had not returned since then.

This person wondered why the Plackers had moved there in the first place. Rumor has it that a member of the family was involved in a murder investigation and was trying to use the family as an alibi. Police questioned each member of the family including Taylor. She was just a little girl, and evidently she told the police that person wasn't there or something of that nature. As a result, the alibi unraveled. It is possible that the Plackers moved, because they were afraid for Taylor's safety. They home-schooled her for awhile but finally allowed her to go to Graham School. (I guess, after a few years, they got comfortable.)

This possible scenario presents one of the few motives I've seen that makes sense. The payback feeling I got - the shots to Taylor's mouth - the feeling I got that Skyla was collateral damage.

This gives me chills! :cry:

Wow CC - it gives me chills too - could this explain the chilling stares at the funeral? I know I am not as up on who's who family-wise as some of you are. Very interesting scernario - surely someone knows the story with the murder investigation that you mentioned in the rumor - maybe we will hear something on that soon and can piece some of this together - I still say LE has always had a pretty good idea who did this or who would want to do this - I am hoping they do and have asked the media not to turn this into a Caylee case so to speak. I cannot explain the lack of coverage otherwise and do not want to believe this type of crime is so commonplace that it doesn't warrant more attention. JMO

The idea of them being killed elsewhere was a possibility thought of by this person, because of the lack of bullets. Also, wounds, especially head wounds bleed profusely. They should have been lying in pools of blood.

It's just a theory. However, it is a theory from so close to home that it seems plausible.

Of the 8 bullets that were not recovered, 5 were pointed downward, 2 were straight, and one was upward (which, IMO, would suggest that she was already down when shot). Seems to me like the bullets that exited, in that case, could be scattered who-knows-where. Do we know what the radius around the scene was that LE searched for the bullets?

Of the 8 bullets that were not recovered, 5 were pointed downward, 2 were straight, and one was upward (which, IMO, would suggest that she was already down when shot). Seems to me like the bullets that exited, in that case, could be scattered who-knows-where. Do we know what the radius around the scene was that LE searched for the bullets?

Then they should have found some bullets embedded in the dirt at the side of the road, shouldn't they? I'm not sure about the radius. Evidently this person was watching LE pretty closely.

I'm sure several bullets went through the air, but of the ones pointed downward, they should have been able to find at least one.

I agree completely. If they were shot where they were found, it shouldn't have been that hard to find one. Sure makes me wonder!! :)

Well so it goes right back to the beginning when we questiones the reason for the move and speculation about a grudge. i amstill to this day not ready to let go of that theory.
Thanks CC for posting this bit of info.

Well so it goes right back to the beginning when we questiones the reason for the move and speculation about a grudge. i amstill to this day not ready to let go of that theory.
Thanks CC for posting this bit of info.

Absolutely agree, GS..I have always felt these murders could have been a serious payback or revenge for something.

Absolutely agree, GS..I have always felt these murders could have been a serious payback or revenge for something.

I agree Boots. I have always felt that this was a "payback" of sorts. The whole "home schooling" thing and not being allowed to walk past the driveway......why? It really does seem that they were letting their guard down. Maybe after a couple of years they felt safe.

But did Jessica Brown not state that they were killed where they stood? Or is that another statement meant to mislead the public? Only time will tell.

I agree Boots. I have always felt that this was a "payback" of sorts. The whole "home schooling" thing and not being allowed to walk past the driveway......why? It really does seem that they were letting their guard down. Maybe after a couple of years they felt safe.

But did Jessica Brown not state that they were killed where they stood? Or is that another statement meant to mislead the public? Only time will tell.

I just don't know what to think. And LE did say that they had made it to the bridge and back to where they were killed. Hmmmmmm

Hello All~
Okay, from what I have read on the posts: There is a theory that the girls were shot somewhere and then moved to the road. One reason, is because of the lack of blood at the scene. The other is they did not recover bullets from the scene. Casings, but no bullets.
I do not know how one is suppose to determine the amount of blood loss. The environment, being a rural, dirt / gravel area does not lend itself well to that kind of evidence being deduced by a non-professional. The dirt would have soaked up quite a lot of any bodily fluids that may have been released after death. This would include urine and / or blood. (That is why the girls not having urine in their bodies per the autopsy never concerned me.) I always assumed they had voided urine after death. Also, don't forget the direction that Skyla was found. She was in a supine position, with her head facing SW. This indicates the blood would have ran down hill. More like "down the embankment". It would be difficult for a bystander to see this from the road. And another thing, it began to rain late that night. The rain was fierce and would have effectively washed away any blood that may have been left on the road &/or ditch.

The lack of recovering bullets:
How do we know that no bullets were recovered? Did LE ever say that? I believe there was a bullet recovered from tree near the memorial. There was a picture posted of the tree on the forum at one time. The bark in the tree had recently been "traumatized". It looked to me like the something had been lodged in the bark and then removed. It makes since that it would have been a bullet. How do we know that LE did not recover bullets from other trees or on the ground behind the fence. It is very rugged terrain behind the fence. That is probably why LE brought in the dog. He was trained to look for evidence of that nature and a canine would definitely help in the type of wooded environment that is behind the fence.

And lastly, if the girls had been shot and moved: ,
I think we would have a lot more DNA and / or fiber evidence. It stands to reason that if the girls had been shot somewhere other than the road, and then moved to the location where the bodies were found, there would be the strong likelihood that somehow there would have been DNA on the clothing etc..............

I am not trying to be argumentative but, in my opinion, the girls were shot on the road, they were killed quickly and had no time to run. Hopefully time will tell the truth.

The idea of them being killed elsewhere was a possibility thought of by this person, because of the lack of bullets.
Also, wounds, especially head wounds bleed profusely. They should have been lying in pools of blood.

It's just a theory. However, it is a theory from so close to home that it seems plausible......

This theory could explain the abrasions on both girls as well as where the little dog was left and was on it's way home when found..

I'm with you on that one, Claycat.

A member of the Farrow family has his own theory about what happened to Taylor and Skyla. He was there not long after the shootings occurred and watched what LE was doing. Evidently they were looking for bullets in the ground. The girls were shot 13 times, according to the autopsy report, and there were five bullets remaining in their bodies. Eight bullets passed through their bodies, and some should have burrowed into the ground. LE had dogs and metal detectors out there, but, as far as he knew, no bullets were ever found. (This may be why LE didn't object to the road being graded.) Also, the shells appeared to have been scattered as if they were dropped. This possibly leads to a different scenario than what LE had first reported. They said the girls were shot where they stood. However, because of the small amount of blood actually on the road, he thinks they could have been shot elsewhere and dumped on the road as a message. (LE may have said they were killed right there in the hope that someone would have a big mouth and say they were killed elsewhere. If that is the case, it may have backfired on LE.) This person believes the girls made it to the bridge, as per witness, but he wonders if they may have been picked up and murdered elsewhere before they were dumped.

Another thing that was odd was a brown van that had been seen visiting the Placker house a number of times in the month before the murders but had not returned since then.

This person wondered why the Plackers had moved there in the first place. Rumor has it that a member of the family was involved in a murder investigation and was trying to use the family as an alibi. Police questioned each member of the family including Taylor. She was just a little girl, and evidently she told the police that person wasn't there or something of that nature. As a result, the alibi unraveled. It is possible that the Plackers moved, because they were afraid for Taylor's safety. They home-schooled her for awhile but finally allowed her to go to Graham School. (I guess, after a few years, they got comfortable.)

This possible scenario presents one of the few motives I've seen that makes sense. The payback feeling I got - the shots to Taylor's mouth - the feeling I got that Skyla was collateral damage.

I just don't know what to think. And LE did say that they had made it to the bridge and back to where they were killed. Hmmmmmm

And how in the world would they possibly know this unless they are completely relying on a supposed witness claiming to have seen the girls?
How reliable is that witness and who is it? I wish we knew.

But Skyla was shot more times than Taylor leading me to believe she was the main target.

But Skyla was shot more times than Taylor leading me to believe she was the main target.

YD, I was also thinking the same thing. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Skyla get shot more times with the larger caliber weapon?

YD, I was also thinking the same thing. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Skyla get shot more times with the larger caliber weapon?

If I remember correctly, There were 2 bullets recovered from Skyla, one was medium size. The 2nd bullet was considered small in size. Taylor had 3 bullets recovered 2 were small size and one was medium size.

Speaking of autopsies, I would really appreciate it if someone could look at the autopsy of Taylor. It is the page that is titled, FULL BODY - ANTERIOR AND POSTERIOR VIEWS. It is page 12. Looking at the left picture, the one that shows the front of the body, on the left leg, there appears to be the words; bl. stab hole. The notation is made near the groin area, next to the pantyline. Am I reading this correctly? Another poster brought this to my attention. It may say blood stain. Can anyone read it clearly?

I see what you're talking about, Flossie... The crosshatching to me appears to be the notation for, among other things, an abrasion or stain. "Bl" seems to be the abbreviation for blood, perhaps the second word is "stain"? So essentially, it would say "blood stain, no hole" with the word "no" circled for emphasis? Just my interpretation is all...

I see what you're talking about, Flossie... The crosshatching to me appears to be the notation for, among other things, an abrasion or stain. "Bl" seems to be the abbreviation for blood, perhaps the second word is "stain"? So essentially, it would say "blood stain, no hole" with the word "no" circled for emphasis? Just my interpretation is all...

Thanks KeyboardPlayer.

:) Flossie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pama_213