Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Doogie - if you would be so kind as to post a summary of the known or suspected biographical info on Brody (the date of death, suspected age at death, presumed locations at various ages, etc.), I will contact some potentially relevant organizations and request a search of their membership records.

Roy Harrold said:
Dr Doogie - if you would be so kind as to post a summary of the known or suspected biographical info on Brody (the date of death, suspected age at death, presumed locations at various ages, etc.), I will contact some potentially relevant organizations and request a search of their membership records.
Sorry to butt in here, but I think our most telling lead on George Brody was the apparent bank account he had in Oakland. Doogie, if you remember the particulars, would you post them again?

I'll put together all of the info we have on Brody into a fact sheet and post it here. It'll take a few hours before I can get it together.

Brody claimed to have been born August 15, 1925, but his birth year was more likely 1895 to 1915.

He died December 24, 1981.

His death certificate was the only official document that we have found that indicated he ever existed. George Waters provided all of the personal information on the certificate (which makes the details listed on it suspicious). It contained no Social Security number or next of kin information.

No information has ever been found that Brody worked, served in the military or received governmental benefits of any kind.

Notes discovered seem to indicate that Brody was from either Pennsylvania or Massachusetts. He also alledgedly was a boxer and involved in politics at points in his life.

Prior to meeting Waters, Brody lived several years with a woman named Margaret Kukoda (a nurse) who died in 1967. Margaret was from Pennsylvania, so there is the suspicion that they may have known each other from there and moved to San Francisco together during WWII.

We recently discovered that Brody had a safe deposit box at the Oakland, CA main branch of Bank of America that contained approximately $17,000 in cash. The contents were seized by the state when the box went into default after Brody's death - they kept the money and destroyed any personal papers that may have been in the box.

DrDoogie, concerning the safe deposit box, I know you said the state destroyed all personal papers in it but wouldn't GB had to have had a social security to do any type of banking?
So, if the money was turned over to the state they should have a record of his social security # and his birthdate. I am thinking they would still have a record of who it belonged to and his vital info. Couldn't this info be obtained by LE? I know that I checked for unclaimed money after my father died because someone had seen his name on the unclaimed money site, I had to supply his social security # and they had to match it with the # they had on record. My father passed in 1964 but they still had the records in 1990.

This is from the CA Unclaimed Property page on the State Controller's site:

Date: 1/11/2007Source: INT Property ID Number: 04811622SClaim This Property
Owner's Name: BRODY GEORGE Amount: $16,970.09Type of Property: Safe deposit box contentsReported By: BANK OF AMERICA NT AND SA OAKLAND MAIN OFFICEReported Address: 1955 SAN PABLO AVE , OAKLAND CA 94612
Wonder why it was in Oakland.

itsreenw said:

Source: INT Property ID Number: 04811622SClaim This Property

Owner's Name: BRODY GEORGE Amount: $16,970.09Type of Property: Safe deposit box contentsReported By: BANK OF AMERICA NT AND SA OAKLAND MAIN OFFICEReported Address: 1955 SAN PABLO AVE , OAKLAND CA 94612
Remember we were looking for a locksmith to figure out what those keys went to?? Look at the address of this one:
Speedy Locksmiths Incorporated
1955 San Pablo Ave
Oakland, CA
(510) 652-0533

wait in your post the date used was a currant date that it was listed on the website meaning that the money is still there unclaimed what if other stuff are still there as well? we need to call boa and see if they have a social associated with the box

smile22 said:
wait in your post the date used was a currant date that it was listed on the website meaning that the money is still there unclaimed what if other stuff are still there as well? we need to call boa and see if they have a social associated with the box
The only thing left is the money from the safe deposit box. Doogie said they destroyed everything else because no one claimed it after so long. The money itsreenw speaks of is from this safe deposit box.

itsreenw said:

Date: 1/11/2007Source: INT Property ID Number: 04811622SClaim This Property
My memory is that George Brody was known to take public transportation to this location in Oakland several times (we are a little handicapped because we don't have the papers from the BFH right now; LE has them). Our guess was that Brody inherited money from Margaret or was taking it from GW--or both--since he had no income of his own that we know about. Excellent catch about the address of the locksmith!

I contacted BoA a few months ago in an attempt to obtain whatever information they may have about Brody. The first problem was that the branch that Brody maintained his box had closed and moved to a different location, so I could not use the key that is in the BFH as "proof" that I had authority to access the information. I made several calls to different departments, but they claim that they no longer have that information. It was a bureaucratic nightmare as they pushed me from department to non-responsive department.

I suspect that LE could obtain the information with a warrant (and not get the runaround that I received), but as much as we suspect Brody, there is not enough pointing toward him to justify a court order. IF we can find enough actual evidence to cross that threshold, we can present it to LE for them to persue.

Annasmom said:
My memory is that George Brody was known to take public transportation to this location in Oakland several times (we are a little handicapped because we don't have the papers from the BFH right now; LE has them). Our guess was that Brody inherited money from Margaret or was taking it from GW--or both--since he had no income of his own that we know about. Excellent catch about the address of the locksmith!
Your memory is correct - Joe Ford followed Brody to this branch on at least one occassion. Your theory of the source of that money seems the most likely answer.

wait le knows about the safe deposit box couldnt they call boa and request info on the box and the money

smile22 said:
wait le knows about the safe deposit box couldnt they call boa and request info on the box and the money
BoA is claiming that they do not have records going back that far. And even if they are just blowing smoke up my skirt (not a pretty picture) and the data does exist, there is not enough evidence to justify a search warrant to obtain the information based on what we currently have. All we have (as of now) is the "gut-level" belief that Brody was involved, not any actual evidence of his involvement. (The "plan" note is vague and is written in Waters' handwriting, so nothing directly implicating Brody exists.)

Shadow205, since you started the MySpace for George Brody, have you considered joining the "boxing groups"? Putting messages on the groups might trigger a response if anyone might recognize Brody as an "old timer" boxer.

I really don't know if I should bring this up, but...

Remember when were checking into George Brody working in a soda plant in Ca.?

I found an old newspaper article that mentioned a George Brody that worked at the Utica Mining Co. in Angels Camp, Ca. area in the early 1900's.

What does anyone think? I don't have a clue about Brody anymore! :rolleyes:

mfmangel1 said:
I really don't know if I should bring this up, but...

Remember when were checking into George Brody working in a soda plant in Ca.?

I found an old newspaper article that mentioned a George Brody that worked at the Utica Mining Co. in Angels Camp, Ca. area in the early 1900's.

What does anyone think? I don't have a clue about Brody anymore! :rolleyes:
My memory isn't so good no more :)waitasec: ). Help me out - what was the possible connection between Brody and a soda plant?

Dr. Doogie said:
My memory isn't so good no more :)waitasec: ). Help me out - what was the possible connection between Brody and a soda plant?
LOL! I can truly sympathize with you!

In this thread....Posts 11, 16, 18, 19, 20.

The article refers to Brody inventing a device while employed with the mining company.

SherlockJr said:
Shadow205, since you started the MySpace for George Brody, have you considered joining the "boxing groups"? Putting messages on the groups might trigger a response if anyone might recognize Brody as an "old timer" boxer.
SherlockJr,
I guess that it couldn't hurt. I am willing to put George Brody anywhere that someone might see him and tell us who he is. I did check out the boxing groups on myspace(there are tons of them). I didn't see any group that looked like it was focused on "the old timers" though.

it wouldnt hurt to join one of the newer ones sometimes boxing runs in the family. and someone might say hey i recognize this man he was friends with my grandpa or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay