Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job on the page, Shadow! I love the music, and I can just picture this on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. "Who was this mysterious man? If you have any information..."

Gina_M said:
Great job on the page, Shadow! I love the music, and I can just picture this on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. "Who was this mysterious man? If you have any information..."
LOL, I know Gina, I wish the show was still on!

Great page! It was hard to see the words in red though. I couldn't tell whether I was able to click on something to get more info. I loved the music too! :eek:

gardenmom said:
Great page! It was hard to see the words in red though. I couldn't tell whether I was able to click on something to get more info. I loved the music too! :eek:
I can't get much of the page on my ancient computer (yes, I plan to get a newer one in January), but what I see is a really good idea. I hope it brings in some information. What is the music which I can't hear but which you all like?

Shadow205 said:
Just picked it from a gallery of vintage backgrounds. I thought it fit George. :D

Ah, okay. It does look great on that page.

I talked to my father today who was Annasmoms first husband. He read "Searching for Anna" and was intrigued. He came up with a theory that was interesting. He knew George Waters and thinks he didn't directly have anything to do with the abduction but that it was Brody that had the Indian owners of the Hotel abduct Anna. He put together the connection with the women in the car that tried to abduct Anna a month before and the Cotton blouse and dress that had flower patterns on that she wore that could have been a dress from India. I don't really buy the theory . I feel that there might be some cultural biases and misinformation about people from India spoken from a Greek perspective, but it is an interesting theory and I thought I would post it

Annasmom said:
I can't get much of the page on my ancient computer (yes, I plan to get a newer one in January), but what I see is a really good idea. I hope it brings in some information. What is the music which I can't hear but which you all like?
Hi Annasmom,

It plays the theme from Unsolved Mysteries :D

Congrats on your plans to get a new computer! That will make it a lot easier to view some of these pages. :)

Annasbro said:
I talked to my father today who was Annasmoms first husband. He read "Searching for Anna" and was intrigued. He came up with a theory that was interesting. He knew George Waters and thinks he didn't directly have anything to do with the abduction but that it was Brody that had the Indian owners of the Hotel abduct Anna. He put together the connection with the women in the car that tried to abduct Anna a month before and the Cotton blouse and dress that had flower patterns on that she wore that could have been a dress from India. I don't really buy the theory . I feel that there might be some cultural biases and misinformation about people from India spoken from a Greek perspective, but it is an interesting theory and I thought I would post it
This is very interesting...were these 'owners' ever checked out, or ruled out?
Now where is Dr. Doogie....?

Annasbro said:
Hi Annasbro,

I've often thought, too, that Anna's disappearance could have been arranged by Brody without GW's participation or even GW's knowledge. I'll have to re-read Searching for Anna because I don't remember the hotel owners. I seem to remember thinking at one point, maybe from the description of the woman in the car, or one of Annasmom's dreams, that the woman in the car could have been "Indian" as in "Native American". Not trying to be biased here, just trying to find out whatever we can about whoever took Anna.

In my recollection of the event, I meant Indian as in India. I also thought maybe Mexican. White cotton, light guaze-like loose fitting cloth with flower emboidery.

Try highlighting the page, that is what I do when I find something hard to read.
gardenmom said:

Here I is. I'll have to check the manuscript for the owners names (if its not there, I know that it is in the BFH which is in LE hands now). Once I find that, we can start looking into them.

I also doubt that this would be a possibility. From what I recall of the interview with the Hotel manager, it sounds like the owners probably had zero contact with the residents. All transactions were handled by the manager.

The clothing described (blouse, skirt, flowery embroidered design) sounds so typical of the time period that it seems like a stretch to say the woman was Indian. This is pretty much what my mom wore much of the time when I was growing up during the same time period, and Mom's about as white as a slice of Wonder Bread.

You can't rule anything out, though, I guess. It's always good to hear a different theory. I just don't think I buy it without more support.

ive seen shirts in the summer now adays that i can picture being like the shirt you saw annasbro i seen alot of the gousy type ones coverups at the beach skirts and dresses with patterns on them i wasnt from that time period born in the early 80s but wasnt that the normal dress for a hippie?

Dr. Doogie said:
Here I is. I'll have to check the manuscript for the owners names (if its not there, I know that it is in the BFH which is in LE hands now). Once I find that, we can start looking into them.

I also doubt that this would be a possibility. From what I recall of the interview with the Hotel manager, it sounds like the owners probably had zero contact with the residents. All transactions were handled by the manager.
You might want to double check but I'm 99% sure that the name was "Patell" I might have the spelling wrong but I'm pretty sure about the name.

What about Margaret Kukoda? Was any of her family ever located?

Shadow205 said:
You might want to double check but I'm 99% sure that the name was "Patell" I might have the spelling wrong but I'm pretty sure about the name.
Be aware- Patel is a common Indian last name.

LinasK said:
And owning/operating hotels and motels is a common profession among Sikhs and other people from India.

LinasK said:
I counted 170 Patels in the San Francisco telephone book. Besides, the hotel changed hands and managers many times, and the Georges had several diffrent hotel addresses. I don't think it's any more likely that the hotel managers were involved than that one of the Denny's waitresses was involved. I can't see that there's any way to check this out, and actually not even much reason to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay