Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Annamom do you remember the name of GW lawyer when you were filing for divorce and with the child support issues? I am thinkiing ( which could be dangerous ha ha) but was he an up and up lawyer or could he have been a bit shady in his dealings? What I am thinking, when I worked with the circuit clerks office we had index cards for all of our old case references, before we got our computers. We kept them filed in order and if we were searching for a confidential case (adoption) it would be listed under the name of the attorney, with the date case was filed, childs name wouldn't be on the index card. Do you have access to the file index in your court house ? What I am getting at is that if you went in under the attorneys name and searched the dates they were filed and what type case it was- such as an adoption, civil, criminal or probate, you could see if there were any adoptions file around the time and after she went missing. This could help you if you did find an adoption shortly after she went missing and maybe with pleading and petitioning the judge he could open it for you. If you do find something I would thing if there is a criminal case ongoing on the LE could get permission to check out the file........JMHO
icon7.gif

Kyresearcher, I'm not sure I completely follow what you're saying, but it sounds like a fabulous idea. Do you think it makes sense to contact GW's lawyer directly (if he is still kicking, that is)? I don't know if attorney/client privelege still stands after death or not, but maybe he might have some info regarding the Georges that might shed some light on their secretive lives. My gut feeling, as with many of you, is that the Georges are just too strange not to have had some connection with the abduction.

The BFH contains some correspondence from the attorney's office and GW. It would be highly unlikely that they would have dealt with Waters again on an "adoption" matter since the correspondence was them expressing anger over the fact that GW was making small monthly payments on his bill instead of paying the full $300 at once. This invoice concerned the divorce proceedings.

I don't want to highjack the thread but wanted to let everyone know that Gina has made a MySpace for Sharon Marshall and wanted to ask all of you to add that to your MySpace buddy list so it will go out to as many as possible. It seemed to have helped with Anna maybe it will with Sharon. Thank you all.

No problem, Rhett. It is because of the Sharon Marshall thread that I found Websleuths and thought that it would be a good place to persue our search for Anna.

Another question about Brody. It was believed he was in politics at some time in his life, right? (But never confirmed, of course). Has anybody found anything on this? I looked at San Francisco political history stuff online quite awhiel back hoping to look through old photos, but had no idea what to look for and found not much. I think it would be interesting to find out if he was in politics under his real name, but how would one go about finding that?

Dr. Doogie said:
The BFH contains some correspondence from the attorney's office and GW. It would be highly unlikely that they would have dealt with Waters again on an "adoption" matter since the correspondence was them expressing anger over the fact that GW was making small monthly payments on his bill instead of paying the full $300 at once. This invoice concerned the divorce proceedings.
I was thinking more along the lines of the attorney having some type of knowledge about the Georges that might shed some light on Brody's origin, for instance, or some other facet of the strange duo. I think the more we know about these two, the more likely we might come across something that might be "sleuth-able". I agree with you, Doogie, that it's unlikely for the attorney to have had dealings with the Georges involving an illegal adoption, for ethical reasons as well as his dissatisfaction with the two of them. But maybe he has/had knowledge of an aquaintance, a Brody relative, an address, a name, anything that might expand our knowledge of the two of them and their dealings.

A death notice from Md.

Mrs. Lillian Brody

As originally published on Sunday, September 17, 2006.

Mrs. Lillian Marie Brody, 82, of Monrovia, died peacefully in her sleep on Saturday, September 16, 2006, after a brief battle with cancer. She was the wife of the late George Brody, who died in 1981.

Born December 15, 1923, in Indiana, Pa., she was a daughter of the late Dominic and Annette Gillotti Sgarrella. Mrs. Brody attended the Urbana Campus of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, Frederick; and was a loving mother, grandmother and homemaker.

She is survived by one daughter, Linda Brody Walburn and husband Robert of Monrovia; three grandchildren, Robert Brody Walburn and wife Brenda of Frederick, Lora Elizabeth Walburn of Monrovia and Deena Teresa Walburn of Austin, Texas; three sisters, Alba Gatter of Myrtle Beach, S.C., Inez Stambrosky of Presto, Pa. and Betty Mahouski of McMurray, Pa.; and numerous nieces and nephews.

She is also remembered by a devoted friend, Joanne Perantoni.

She was preceded in death by a son, David George Brody, in 1974; and four brothers, Aldo, Etter, Frank and Joseph Sgarrella.

The family will receive friends from 6 to 9 p.m. on Monday, September 18, at the Keeney and Basford Funeral Home, 106 East Church Street, Frederick, and on Tuesday, September 19, from noon until time of funeral services at 1 p.m. The Rev. Albert K. Lane III and the Rev. Dr. David G. Oravec will officiate. Interment will be in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Silver Spring. In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donations to Hospice of Frederick County, Inc, P.O. Box 1799, Frederick, MD 21702-1799.

Sherlock

Wow! Great find! I believe our George Brody died December 1981? So this Brody's daughter is still alive? Does anyone think it would be a good idea to contact her to find out if her dad was indeed our George?

As best I can reconstruct (in a short period of research time), this George Brody died in Washington, DC in November 1981 which would mean he is not our Brody. However, we should definitely not let this be the final word on this lead. If anyone can investigate this further (short of calling the daughter at this time), please have a go at it. Let's see what we can find before we take the drastic step of calling the daughter.

Good work!

Your wisdom about these things is why you are Dr. Doogie and I am a spectator. Thanks Dr.

SherlockJr said:
A death notice from Md.

Mrs. Lillian Brody

As originally published on Sunday, September 17, 2006.

Mrs. Lillian Marie Brody, 82, of Monrovia, died peacefully in her sleep on Saturday, September 16, 2006, after a brief battle with cancer. She was the wife of the late George Brody, who died in 1981.

Born December 15, 1923, in Indiana, Pa., she was a daughter of the late Dominic and Annette Gillotti Sgarrella. Mrs. Brody attended the Urbana Campus of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, Frederick; and was a loving mother, grandmother and homemaker.

She is survived by one daughter, Linda Brody Walburn and husband Robert of Monrovia; three grandchildren, Robert Brody Walburn and wife Brenda of Frederick, Lora Elizabeth Walburn of Monrovia and Deena Teresa Walburn of Austin, Texas; three sisters, Alba Gatter of Myrtle Beach, S.C., Inez Stambrosky of Presto, Pa. and Betty Mahouski of McMurray, Pa.; and numerous nieces and nephews.

She is also remembered by a devoted friend, Joanne Perantoni.

She was preceded in death by a son, David George Brody, in 1974; and four brothers, Aldo, Etter, Frank and Joseph Sgarrella.

The family will receive friends from 6 to 9 p.m. on Monday, September 18, at the Keeney and Basford Funeral Home, 106 East Church Street, Frederick, and on Tuesday, September 19, from noon until time of funeral services at 1 p.m. The Rev. Albert K. Lane III and the Rev. Dr. David G. Oravec will officiate. Interment will be in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Silver Spring. In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donations to Hospice of Frederick County, Inc, P.O. Box 1799, Frederick, MD 21702-1799.
How about a phone call to Gate Of Heaven to see if George is buried there? I would think it would be an adjoining plot to Lillian. If he's there, then he's not our George.

Shadow205 said:
How about a phone call to Gate Of Heaven to see if George is buried there? I would think it would be an adjoining plot to Lillian. If he's there, then he's not our George.
That's a great idea. Our Brody was cremated in Oakland.

Just tried the number, they're closed. Close at 4:00pm. The message on the machine was worth the call though. How come everything that we do with this case has to be strange? The person on the answering machine was adamant not to leave a message. LOL, I'll try again tomorrow.

Annasbro said:
Your wisdom about these things is why you are Dr. Doogie and I am a spectator. Thanks Dr.
I am not a real doctor, I just play one on the computer.

And by the way, your revelation about the couple in the car is probably the single most important piece of verified evidence we have about what happened to Anna. Don't underestimate your importance here, Bro!

Shadow205 said:
Why am I beginning to believe that all of us will probably spend the rest our lives with a little question in the very far recessess our minds wondering who this suppossed George Brody really was?:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay