Theory #3: Other Stranger Abduction

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Raf, your clear thinking is alway reassuringl Yes all the houses of the near neighbors as well as the farm buildings were carefully searched the day Anna disappearedl. Some time later, I was baby-sitting a young girl who may or may not have known about Anna's disappearance. She said "the lady made the little girl hurry so much that she dropped her doll." When I asked the little girl if this was a dream she had or something she imagined, she could not say. But because the tracker dogs turned UPSTREAM before they quit , always imagined that someone hid in the dense vegetation near the creek and made off with Anna that way, east and toward Higgins Canyon road, possibly even on horseback. Sorry for my bad typing. I am wearing a sling on the left arm and it makes it hard to type.

Well, this is interesting too! I would love to have the opportunity to travel that area, east near Higgins Canyon Rd., if Anna was taken on horseback....maybe her rubber boot/s fell off? Uhmm. I am trying to clarify in my mind who this little girl was she may have been talking about. The little girl with the doll?:rolleyes:

FWIW, I have always thought someone took Anna eastward from the yard. I am not convinced it would have been difficult for someone to gain Anna's trust easily and to have simply walked off with her to a location far enough away the sounds of a car would not have been heard. Especially with the many horse people, farm hands, motorcycle club who used area's of the farm. Even more so after having seen the following video survellience of the young 5 yr old boy who was abducted (and has since been recovered safely) from a Grocery store in VA. http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/...=11&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

You can clearly see this child had no fear and walked out of this store holding this womans hand. I don't beleive Anna would have recognized the danger she was in when she was abducted. I don't know that many, or any 5 year old would understand. I know when my son was 5, it was difficult to ascertain his understanding of a stranger. He often thought if we said hello to someone in passing, that person was no longer a stranger.

I'm still concerned, uncertain, curious, about anyone who had any business on or near the farm, with the family, or with neighors who was unaccountable during the immediate days, weeks, months after Anna went missing. Whoever took Anna probably could not have gone back to their previous life and explained the presense of a child. Especially in the first days weeks and months.... Anna would have insisted to any other adults present she was not a child of this person and did not belong there. I wish we knew more about any adults who just 'fell off the face of the earth' following Anna's disappearance.

FYI:

Dear Mr. Miller:

I am contacting you on behalf of the family of Anna Waters who disappeared from a ranch in California and has never been found. My name is Joe Ford and I was Anna's stepdad at the time and there the day she vanished.

Firstly, I want to offer my sincerest condolences regards the tragic fate of your own daughter. I share that wretched emptiness that comes with having a loved one snatched from your life.

I would also like to applaud the generous help and hope that you and your organization have provided to so many distressed familles.

Despite many years of searching, no trace of our Anna has ever been discovered. I learned of you and your organization while monitoring a website dedicated to searching for Anna and other missing children, http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2853569#post2853569.

I am contacting you in the hopes that you can offer advice, suggestions, or help of any kind regards our search. The details of Anna's disappearance and case history, too lengthy to be put forth here, can be found online at www.searchingforanna.com

Thanking you in advance, Mr. Miller, we are indebted to you. If you would be so kind, please respond to Anna's mother at <removed email address> or myself at <removed email address>.

Sincerely,
Joe Ford

Great letter Joe! I hope you or Annasmom hear back from Mr. Miller soon. I'm looking forward to hearing his suggestions and praying he might be able to offer a go at the creek.

Great letter Joe! I hope you or Annasmom hear back from Mr. Miller soon. I'm looking forward to hearing his suggestions and praying he might be able to offer a go at the creek.

:takeabow:

Joe, way to go, very nice letter to Tim Miller. If anything at all, gaining insight or suggestions to move forward is exactly what we need. I look forward to hearing his reply. Thanks for writing to him!

hi guys. we usually disclose murders, suicides and violent crimes when selling property here in CA. I am not familiar with this case.. so if she disappeared from the premises, I do not believe that would be required to be disclosed..but most realtors would probably disclose it anyway.

IIRC there is a time limit that you are required to report a death. Say 3 or so years. Death can negatively affect a resale property so always best to disclose.

hi guys. we usually disclose murders, suicides and violent crimes when selling property here in CA. I am not familiar with this case.. so if she disappeared from the premises, I do not believe that would be required to be disclosed..but most realtors would probably disclose it anyway.

IIRC there is a time limit that you are required to report a death. Say 3 or so years. Death can negatively affect a resale property so always best to disclose.

Thanks JB!

Dear Mr. Ford,

Thank you for contacting Mr. Miller. I will pass this info on to him when
I get a chance. Right now, we are in North Carolina working on several
cases, and then back to Florida for the search for Caylee Anthony. I'm
not sure when I can get a response for you from Tim, but please be patient
and Tim or I will respond.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Barbie Tarr
Executive Assistant
to Tim Miller
Texas EquuSearch

A copy of Searching For Anna has today been ordered from LULU and sent to Barbie Tarr at Texas EquuSearch.

Glad you are sending Barbie the book Joe. Maybe we should add that to the books sent to area..... ( I will, if you don't mind me copying and pasting. :) )

I did get another reply from a Realtor- through my old contacts here in Dupage, John Vertnik with Prudential Starck in Bloomingdale, IL.

Mr. Keeter was kind enough to send the following reply. I have included his business info as well...... and replied back to him with the links here at WS, to searchingforanna.com and half moon bay memories. Can't hurt to get the word out.

thank you Mr. Keeter! And thanks John Vertnik!

I took a little time to check out the question you asked regarding the disclosure of someone going missing from a property. The conscience of opinion is that if this is a potential crime it should be disclosed (as opposed to someone wandering off). There is no special document that addresses this issue but it could be included on the &#8220;Real Estate Transfer Disclosure Statement&#8221; (DTS) which is part of the standard package of documents filled out by the seller and reviewed by the buyer. This is the document that is used to disclose if someone has died on the property in the past three years. (The statute for death on the property only runs for the three prior years.) The TDS has space to include information not specifically listed on the document.

As I said before there is no specific requirement however if you know something it is best to disclose it. Someone will know and is bound to tell the buyer so when in doubt disclose.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can do anything else for you.

It's a great life!
Bryan M. Keeter
Personalized Not Franchised Real Estate Service
Lyon Real Estate
851 Pleasant Grove Blvd., Ste 150
Roseville, CA 95678
(916) 749-2215 Cell
(916) 787-7739 Ofc.

I received an email today from Rich Speder, the man whose name was found on some mail in the shack circa 1980. Here is his message:

"dr doogie, my sympathy goes out to anna's mom and all involved. i am richard speder, the person that is mentioned on websleuth and i guarantee you i had nothing to do with her disapearance and know nothing about this case. i tried to register on web site and never got a confirming email back and it won't let me sign in to contact anyone. i did live in this shack for a year and a half. please get back to me with any questions.
rich speder"

I have sent Mr. Speder some questions about ownership and previous tenants that may lead us back to the "Wild Man" (Speder is not the WM based on when he lived there.) It was honorable that Mr. Speder contacted me and I hope that this message clears up any question about his involvement - he did not live in the shack until several years after Anna's disappearance. Hopefully, he can also answer some lingering questions about the shack and the Wild Man.

BINGO! We have a winner.

Rich Speder has provided a name for the Wild Man - Alex Turner. But Speder rented the shack from the Wild Man and ended up suing for his deposit back when he was evicted by the true owners of the property, so there would be a small claims court case on file in San Mateo County with Speder as the plaintiff and the Wild Man as the defendant.

Evidently, the property was owned by a family nearby and was the subject of a dispute between the father and his sons and Speder ended up being caught in the middle.

He also asked to clarify the nature of the House of Affirmation where he worked as a handyman. He described it not as a "dark" place for pedophile priests, but as a place for defrocked priests and nuns with various addictions to recuperate - pedos made up only a small portion of the residents. And since he was the only thing connecting the HoA to this case, then it is a non-factor in Anna's disappearance.

I want to repeat so that the record shows that Mr. Speder did not reside at the shack when Anna disappeared (he lived hundreds of miles away) and did not met the Wild Man until the late 1970's. He has been gracious enough to come forward and I want to make sure that any previous speculation of his possible involvement is put to rest. He is being very helpful and I am grateful.

The Wild Man's name is Alexander (Alex) Turner. He evidently trained Dobermans for a living and built the shack by hand from scratch on land that he had been given permission by the owner. Around 1979, he moved to Chico, CA and rented the shack to Richard Speder. Once the land's owner and his sons became aware that Turner was no longer living in the shack, they evicted Speder and ultimately tore the shack down.

Speder sued Turner in small claims court in Chico (not San Mateo County as previously reported). Turner was living in Chico as of 1980, but his current whereabouts are not known...yet.

I found a post by a person who was also trying to locate Turner (apparantly in reference to his dog training). This person noted that Turner also used the following aliases: Alejandro Turner, George Turner, or Alejandro De la Torre.

Here is where it gets scary: There is an "Alexander David Turner" who is a RSO who lives in Los Angeles County. He is about the right age and appears to possibly be hispanic. Speder has yet to be able to open the picture from the Megan's List site to see if this could be the same man, but I will send a link to the site to help him evaluate the pic.

Please remember: At this point, Turner is only a person of interest, not a suspect. He may have nothing to do with Anna's disappearance, but is certainly worthy of a deeper look.

BTW: I am working on getting Richard Speder approved as a member of Websleuths so that he can post here directly.

The Wild Man's name is Alexander (Alex) Turner. He evidently trained Dobermans for a living and built the shack by hand from scratch on land that he had been given permission by the owner. Around 1979, he moved to Chico, CA and rented the shack to Richard Speder. Once the land's owner and his sons became aware that Turner was no longer living in the shack, they evicted Speder and ultimately tore the shack down.

Speder sued Turner in small claims court in Chico (not San Mateo County as previously reported). Turner was living in Chico as of 1980, but his current whereabouts are not known...yet.

I found a post by a person who was also trying to locate Turner (apparantly in reference to his dog training). This person noted that Turner also used the following aliases: Alejandro Turner, George Turner, or Alejandro De la Torre.

Here is where it gets scary: There is an "Alexander David Turner" who is a RSO who lives in Los Angeles County. He is about the right age and appears to possibly be hispanic. Speder has yet to be able to open the picture from the Megan's List site to see if this could be the same man, but I will send a link to the site to help him evaluate the pic.

Please remember: At this point, Turner is only a person of interest, not a suspect. He may have nothing to do with Anna's disappearance, but is certainly worthy of a deeper look.

BTW: I am working on getting Richard Speder approved as a member of Websleuths so that he can post here directly.

I thought he looks more Indian than hispanic.

I thought he looks more Indian than hispanic.

True, but I am assuming the Hispanic angle based on the aliases. He DOES look like somebody who could go by the name "Alejandro" or "De La Torre".

However, I have found a "Alexander G. Turner" who lived in Chico and also Riverdale, CA (which is near Fresno). This same man may also have lived or is living in Coalinga, CA (close to Riverdale). The middle initial of "G" may be the source of the "George" alias. (Just what we need - another George in the mix! LOL!)

Awesome work Doogie! I have no clue how I missed this earlier. Must have just seen rafs current posts. Thank you Mr. Speder for contacting Dr. Doogie and providing us the additional information into the search for Anna! It means the world to us!

:blowkiss:
Cubby

Doogie, the RSO 'AGT' who lived in Chico, does the California site indicate the age- or age range- of the victim by chance? Can you link his info from the registry here? I ask, because if his victims were adults, or he was convicted due the age limit just outside stat. rape, that would indicate his MO was not children.

I had reason outside this case to look up the age of consent for California a few weeks back. Unlike some other states, it is currently 18, so even a 19 yr old dating a 17 yr old could technically be charged with stat. rape and listed as an RSO, (if CA lists all teirs of SO's). I think it's important we clarify that with regards to AGT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back