This Family is United

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All of the above ..

Why is it so hard for you to understand that Lee is a broken man right now ..
His whole life has been ripped apart ..

He said he was broke, they were all broken ..

I don't agree with you and it is not a failure to understand. You just have a different point of view.

Been there. But WHY? Because KC is in jail charged with the murder of her daughter? Because the media and public won't quit hounding him? Because his father just tried to kill himself? etc.

Or,

Is it because Caylee was murdered? As should have been the reason in the memorial as to WHY he is broke?

IMHO, as always

Lee is "broken." His old ways of handling things aren't working. He's the peacemaker, the one called in to help when it gets bad. But this time he can't get to KC to even do his usual brother/sister us-against-the-world talk, or to get the answers he needs. Add to that, he's now living back in his mother's house, after being out on his own for quite some time. (Very claustrophobic, no doubt.) I'm not even sure he wanted to be at the public memorial.

The affection may have been exclusive to the event, but I don't necessarily think it was just for show. Everyone had to get in front of a huge audience and say a few words from the heart, and that's difficult, so mom gave a comforting touch.

I guess I don't see CA as ever being that affectionate and loving mother except when it came to Caylee. I think there is something really stange about her relationship with KC and Lee and that I believe is where the heart of the family dysfunction lies. I could be totally off but, if I were Lee and this behavior from CA was totally out of the norm I would have been disguisted.

All of the above ..

Why is it so hard for you to understand that Lee is a broken man right now ..
His whole life has been ripped apart ..

He said he was broke, they were all broken ..

I thought the memorial was about solely for Caylee.

Caylee has been an afterthought from day 31 imo. This was evidenced by Cindy and the rest of the family never asking for her return from whomever they believed had her. They used the emotional capital as a family instead, to obfuscate, obstruct, ingratiate wealth, and coverup. They wasted that capital imo.

Casey made a mistake that words can't describe.
They have forgiven her, and just want her back in their lives.
The past is the past.
Casey has plenty of eggs left to have another.

This is how I see them viewing the situation. This can be their choice.
Yet Society will have it's say first !

Casey made a mistake that words can't describe.
They have forgiven her, and just want her back in their lives.
The past is the past.
Casey has plenty of eggs left to have another.

This is how I see them viewing the situation. This can be their choice.
Yet Society will have it's say first !

Downright cold explanation but probably close to the truth.

I think that the intention may have been to exclude Casey. I was left with the impression that "this family" meant the family standing before the world, celebrating Caylee's life, yesterday.

I don't suppose we'll ever know. Lee was cryptic as always. It's almost as if he and Casey have their own sibling dialect...
but that's the impression I was left with--"the family united" is Lee, Cindy, and George.

George is the only one I can follow when he is speaking. The rest have this bizarre, run on convoluted way of speaking using big words inappropriately. Thats why everyone always thinks they are talking in secret code. Their phrasing is wierd. Like its stream of consciousness. I I don't know what this is called but thats how they talk.

What is your POV?

I don't think Lee is broken one iota. I think he is broke in a monetary sense thus he moved back home with mommy - but he knows his fortunes will soon change when he gets a cut. I think Lee admires Casey and I think Casey's strength gives him strength and has since when she was in early middle school. Maybe he misses Casey's company a bit, but he is far from broken. imo.

I think it means exactly what he said, they are ALL in this together. They will stand by KC's innocence. George asked us to pray, and write and forgive, CA tells her she loves her, misses her, and Lee is sending her a message, he kisses the Caylee band, and then gives his message to KC; who by the way, would have had the Caylee band from CA, had the guard not found it. They are united as a family no matter what. They love KC. That is there right. OJ's family loved him and thought he was innocent. That's what families do, they stick together, most of them....

You are so right-

It just always brings to my mind the Polly Klass case- when that was being sentenced and what he did to Marc klass- it is embedded in my head forever.
I see the same attitude with KC- she has her family down as far as they can go and she keeps kicking them-
The A's see everything from one side (their child) and, we can see it from another (a murderer)- big difference - It's about impossible to have any compassion for anyone who harms a child

I've yet to see any anger from the A's for the murder of their grandchild- it's all about KC
Had it been someone else who murdered Caylee- they would be out for blood-
I don't see a problem for them to support their child- but not to impede the investigation in any way.......

You are so right-

It just always brings to my mind the Polly Klass case- when that was being sentenced and what he did to Marc klass- it is embedded in my head forever.
I see the same attitude with KC- she has her family down as far as they can go and she keeps kicking them-
The A's see everything from one side (their child) and, we can see it from another (a murderer)- big difference - It's about impossible to have any compassion for anyone who harms a child

I've yet to see any anger from the A's for the murder of their grandchild- it's all about KC
Had it been someone else who murdered Caylee- they would be out for blood-
I don't see a problem for them to support their child- but not to impede the investigation in any way.......

You are, as always, very wise in your summation of the situation. Thank You!

George is the only one I can follow when he is speaking. The rest have this bizarre, run on convoluted way of speaking using big words inappropriately. Thats why everyone always thinks they are talking in secret code. Their phrasing is wierd. Like its stream of consciousness. I I don't know what this is called but thats how they talk.

Agree. I think the three of them are nearly close to illiterate and I think that's why they rarely make any sense. The thing is, they make sense to each other because they all lived together.

Frankly, I was very surprised about the reaction to Casey's statement about the funeral. It's obvious she wrote it herself. It clearly indicates her lack of grammer, her disonnected thinking and inability to express herself in any kind of way that would make sense to the rest of us. And the reason why she didn't write anything about loving Caylee, is simply because, she doesn't, and she's too stupid to even say that she does!

And on top of that, her atty. is just as stupid as she is to put her statement out there!! He should have known BETTER.

Has anyone looked to see how long it took him to pass the bar?

I find the whole "You may hate and despise us, but you will not break us apart." to be a load of bull. This family is so beyond dysfunctional. It appears to me that Lee and Cindy say what they think people want to hear and in the process they look like fools! ALl in all I thought the service was beautiful. Georges message was truly heartfelt and I believe pure. The memorial service though was about Caylee not about being "united" talk about Caylee and your love for her the memories you have of her. I think Cindy saying that Caylee was just like her mother was twisted and sick. Caylee "has your compassion." Lets just assume for a moment that KC is completely innocent of any involvement at all, does a compassionate mother wait 31 days to report her child missing? Does a compassionate person tell lie after lie after lie while family and friends wait for the truth? I don't think so, that kind of logic is twisted. They appear to me to be re-creating a life in their own minds that they did not live, attempting to make things appear to be more normal than they are/were. I just don't get it. On another note and this may make people mad but, they had no family step forward to offer their support, no friends/ co-workers step forward, no pastor or church family step forward and yet yesterday they suddenly became what appeared to be a strong family of faith. Don't buy it, not for one minute. I actually feel rather bad for saying that but, after all that has gone on it appears to me that they are attempting to be/act like who they think the public wants them to be. My dad is an attorney and he told me once that everyone in prison becomes "born again." Oh really! I am a christian and I do hope that this crisis is the family brings them to a saving knowledge and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I do believe that there is forgiveness for KC but she should still be held accountable for her behavior. I believe the same is true for anyone else in the Anthony family that may have knowledge of what happened. OK I have gone off on a tangent and need to stop. Sorry if anyone is offended, guess I needed a release.

Hi! Now, your post brings me full circle to the major point I want to make, which is: Knowing that Caylee is with the Lord is comforting, but that does not make everything "alright" and erase the fact that she was murdered. Why can't the family say: We intend to find the murderer? Even if it is their own daughter.

--------------------------------------------------

This deserves a thread unto itself: I am broken.

What does that mean?

No, Please! It doesn't! There seems to be a thread for each, isolated statement of the Anthony family at the memorial and it's clogging the thread!!

Hi! Now, your post brings me full circle to the major point I want to make, which is: Knowing that Caylee is with the Lord is comforting, but that does not make everything "alright" and erase the fact that she was murdered. Why can't the family say: We intend to find the murderer? Even if it is their own daughter.

I so agree with you. I live here in the bible belt, but I'm from the Northeast. It's a real culture shock living here. I'm all for religion, but I'm not into this whole bit of God see's all, God know's all and God rights all wrongs. I think we have a right to demand justice when we see these wrongs, right here, right now!!!!

I do pray, don't get me wrong. I just think God gave us some gifts down here too like: courts, judges, juries and jails.

:clap:

No kidding!!!

It means he is destroyed, in anguish, it is hard to get up every morning and breathe.

He can't think, every physical movement hurts and Lee doesn't think it will ever be better.

IMO
Here are the words to a song called "Broken" by "Seether":

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/seether/broken.html

It is a beautiful song. There is another version with Amy Lee of Evanescence but I like the original version. I'm sure that you can find it on youtube. Youtube is blocked at my job so I can't get a link.

You will see what I mean if you listen to it - Lee is broken.

Cindy was sure heavy on the caressing of George and Lee while they spoke at the memorial. That struck me. I think she sees herself as the one who brings comfort. (Very much an RN quality). She still looks very thin, I hope she is receiving comfort for herself and allowing herself to need.

This "petting" was raised in another thread but it bears repeating. I only watched a couple of snippets from the entire show, and that continuous petting of George and Lee was downright weird. It was about control, Cindy staying on top of things. It was not a gesture of comfort. The guys were doing okay all by themselves. But she had to place herself in the limelight as well. Neither of the men stroked Cindy like that. You can tell who is running the show, and I can see the invisible strings connected to that "comforting" hand.

Gah! The more I think about it, the more monstrous she appears to me. :( I think that any book written about this case should be entitled, Mommy Dearest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back