Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
please explain?

If he took a test to see if he was the father they had to take both his and Caylee's DNA and I would think it is stored someplace or they at least have a record of it. They could use Caylee's DNA for any forensic test they wanted to do now.

HE said he took test and he is not the father but I have seen no proof of it and the way LE is "investigating" this case I think they would simply take his word for it.

We don't only have to rely on the dogs, there is scientific evidence of human decomposition in the trunk as well as hair that fell out of the scalp with the root intact during decomposition.

Also, as far as I know the only person who publicly stated that the dogs hit was a "passive" hit or that only one dog hit and the other didn't was Cindy. Here is a quote from the police after the dogs BOTH hit in the back yard and in the car, "We had two different dogs from two different counties that hit on the same exact spot," Orange County sheriff's investigator Carlos Padilla said.

We don't have the reports on the dog searches they haven't been made public. LE doesn't have to turn over any info to the public for crimes that Casey hasn't been charged with yet.

We have seen NO evidence about dogs or anything else proven. Why only believe the leaks from LE. They don't have to make any of this public, only what they chose to leak to make it look sinister and to try to get a confession.

You did say "in fact" didn't you?

I've seen/heard no evidence of this occurring.

All the latest media releases are laced with .... adjective clauses ...

"seem to"

"Infer"

"point to the fact"

"lead detectives to believe"

bla bla bla ...

Read it again, I said IF in fact.:waitasec:

If he took a test to see if he was the father they had to take both his and Caylee's DNA and I would think it is stored someplace or they at least have a record of it. They could use Caylee's DNA for any forensic test they wanted to do now.

HE said he took test and he is not the father but I have seen no proof of it and the way LE is "investigating" this case I think they would simply take his word for it.

The only way that would work is if they could do nuclear DNA testing on the hair.

You did say "in fact" didn't you?

I've seen/heard no evidence of this occurring.

All the latest media releases are laced with .... adjective clauses ...

"seem to"

"Infer"

"point to the fact"

"lead detectives to believe"

bla bla bla ...

I saw an interview with Jesse's father last week sometime. He said that when KC told Jesse she was pregnant, he offered to take a DNA test, which he did. The test showed that he was NOT the father of her baby. Jesse's father was weepy during this interview.

We don't only have to rely on the dogs, there is scientific evidence of human decomposition in the trunk as well as hair that fell out of the scalp with the root intact during decomposition.

Also, as far as I know the only person who publicly stated that the dogs hit was a "passive" hit or that only one dog hit and the other didn't was Cindy. Here is a quote from the police after the dogs BOTH hit in the back yard and in the car, "We had two different dogs from two different counties that hit on the same exact spot," Orange County sheriff's investigator Carlos Padilla said.

We don't have the reports on the dog searches they haven't been made public. LE doesn't have to turn over any info to the public for crimes that Casey hasn't been charged with yet.

The only things I am going on that there was a dead body was from the hits from the dogs and the testimony of the officer and the 911 call about the smell of the dead body. None of the other stuff has come out except for leaks, correct?? I mean I know that LE has said the results are consistent w/ decomp and that they think it is Caylee but IF that is true, the other side hasn't had a chance to have those results evaluated by their own experts.

Unfortunately IMO ... there is a lot in this case that is NOT mentioned in what has been revealed so far.

It also states in the report that the gentleman from the tow lot and GA opened the trunk due to the odor, and all that they both witnessed was a trash bag. The trash bag in question was thrown over the fence and I've read nothing in those reports of it's retrieval. that I recall.

I also get really preturbed that ppl assume everyone else in this case is telling the honest to God truth... I see quite a few discrepencies. I see a lack of questioning on the part of LE.

I'll stick to the Grey area, until proven otherwise.

The trash bag was retrieved by LE, it says so in the docs. Keep in mind that the sunshine laws only refer to documentation regarding criminal charges. Casey has not been charged with murder......yet. Therefore LE doesn't have to make public anything they've discovered regarding the homicide case.

Someone else earlier in this thread was concerned because she was under the impression that LE was not following through with leads from WS. Keep in mind that IF LE has unrefutable evidence that Caylee is no longer alive, (just entertain that thought for a second). There would be no reason whatsoever to follow up on supposed Caylee sightings. Also keep in mind that it is a lot easier to prosecute murder when there is a body. So even if there is unrefutable proof that Caylee isin heaven LE still has to put together evidence to support that Casey is responsible. This is a big job that requires a lot of experts from a lot of different fields. So, those who believe that LE has nothing because there have been no charges, are really jumping to conclusions.

Didn't Jesse's father comment on his MySpace page that Jesse was devestated when the DNA test proved he was not the father of Caylee? I am certain this is posted in the MySpace thread . . .

George filled up the tank without even putting the key in the ignition to check the gas. Supposedly they hadn't spoken to Casey, so they wouldn't have known why the car was towed, yet George brought a gas can in his trunk and put gas in the car without checking whether the car had gas or not. In the 400+ pages of docs it says George opened the door of the car and the horrible smell wafted out, the tow yard guy said, "that's rotten", and George shut the door and went to get the gas can. The gas guage in this model car doesn't register how full it is without turning on the ignition.

My question to all of you is, how did George know the tank was empty?:bang:

I'm assuming they just left that part that he started the car and noticed it was on E. I guess I kind of just thought it was a no brainer that he'd have started it to see that it was on E. <shrugs> Or that he tried to anyways.

I dont' think it's unheard of to carry a gas can in your vehicle. We carry one in ours, and then have a few extra in the shed for things like the lawn mower and snow blower. I know quite a few people do have gas cans in their trunks.

The DNA testing is not conclusive....
mtDNA - will not show if the hair is Casey's or Caylee's
then you go to microscopical comparison which is regarded by law enforcement agencies and courts of law as merely presumptive in nature.

Yes there is, they took swabs from CA and toothbrush and hairbrush from the home to compare.

Please review my post, I said paternal in relation to Caylee, not Casey.
As Casey's parents are alive i thought it assumptive there would be an available comparison.

Even murderers are allowed to be out on bond while waiting for trial.

The Media has spoonfed nothing to me, and I think you're not behaving nicely.
If you go back and read my posts, I try always to quote the police. The police announced that the hair in the trunk matched Casey and Caylee through DNA and the police announced that the hair came from a dead body. The last time I checked Casey was alive.

I think ppl are being mislead by the dogs. I have read over and over that the DOGS hit in the backyard.

That's not entirely true. In the backyard ... One dog hit one place where another dog didn't, and vice versa. We don't know the accuracy rate of these dogs as well.

As bad as LE and others have stated that this vehicle "REAKED" of death, you would think where the car is concerned, that the dog would not have "hit" so Passively. As in "just on the trunk" ... Why not the rest of the car if the odor was sooo foul? Why not in other places w/in the home, since CA herself removed items from that car?

If they believe the shovel to be used in burying/unburying little Caylee, has LE sicced the cadaver dogs on the returned shovel? Surely her hands would have touched that shovel at the very least, after digging her up, creating once again, this smell of human decompostion.

That's exactly what I've been thinking too. And it's been said by the family, media, and LE that they did have to have another cadaver dog come out to check after having the first one out because of the one dog not hitting the same place twice.

I'm actually researching something right now as to that smell. I don't think it was decomp in the trunk. I've discovered a discrepancy in the dates and what has been reported as the actual number of days that car sat with garbage in the trunk. I believe I'm onto something that could explain that smell.

I saw an interview with Jesse's father last week sometime. He said that when KC told Jesse she was pregnant, he offered to take a DNA test, which he did. The test showed that he was NOT the father of her baby. Jesse's father was weepy during this interview.

Did he show the results to the public or LE? Maybe he was "weepy" for a reason he did not explain.

The DNA testing is not conclusive....
mtDNA - will not show if the hair is Casey's or Caylee's
then you go to microscopical comparison which is regarded by law enforcement agencies and courts of law as merely presumptive in nature.
You are correct that it's inconclusive whether the DNA is from Casey or Caylee, but the DNA came from a strand of hair that definitively fell out of a decomposing body. A body only decomposes when it's dead. Casey is alive.

Even murderers are allowed to be out on bond while waiting for trial.

The Media has spoonfed nothing to me, and I think you're not behaving nicely.
If you go back and read my posts, I try always to quote the police. The police announced that the hair in the trunk matched Casey and Caylee through DNA and the police announced that the hair came from a dead body. The last time I checked Casey was alive.

Police can and DO say anyhting to try to force a confession so you quoting them has nothing to do with proof or truth.

The trash bag was retrieved by LE, it says so in the docs. Keep in mind that the sunshine laws only refer to documentation regarding criminal charges. Casey has not been charged with murder......yet. Therefore LE doesn't have to make public anything they've discovered regarding the homicide case.

Someone else earlier in this thread was concerned because she was under the impression that LE was not following through with leads from WS. Keep in mind that IF LE has unrefutable evidence that Caylee is no longer alive, (just entertain that thought for a second). There would be no reason whatsoever to follow up on supposed Caylee sightings. Also keep in mind that it is a lot easier to prosecute murder when there is a body. So even if there is unrefutable proof that Caylee isin heaven LE still has to put together evidence to support that Casey is responsible. This is a big job that requires a lot of experts from a lot of different fields. So, those who believe that LE has nothing because there have been no charges, are really jumping to conclusions.

I will have to go back and re-read I guess, because I don't recall reading "that" trash bag was recovered. Thanks

I'm just saying, they have no problem saying publicly, or at least through "sources close to the case" ... that Casey is responsible. IMO

I have entertained the tought of both ... Caylee being alive and Caylee not being alive. As with many on this thread, I just don't "feel" she is dead. I realize Gut feelings mean little to some ppl, but it often times what LE themselves have to go on.

I see no harm in researching every angle. It's certainly not gonna hurt.

I think you've evaluated what LE has said they have correctly. Remember though nobody has actually seen whatever results they have. I believe her attorney has said even he hasn't seen those results. Even if he has, we haven't heard any rebuttal evidence the attorney may have to those tests.
They wouldn't release the results to her attorney or to anyone else until they're ready to file additional charges. Then her attorney will be entitled to discovery.

You are correct that it's inconclusive whether the DNA is from Casey or Caylee, but the DNA came from a strand of hair that definitively fell out of a decomposing body. A body only decomposes when it's dead. Casey is alive.

What kind of test do they preform to find that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member