Thread No. 23 - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gosh...!! :waitasec: WHAT is taking so long on this case... ?? anyone living close to there - have you heard anything 'new'??

I want a headline thread saying:

JASON ARRESTED!!!

:woohoo:

TIA! :blowkiss:

My gosh...!! :waitasec: WHAT is taking so long on this case... ?? anyone living close to there - have you heard anything 'new'??

I want a headline thread saying:

JASON ARRESTED!!!

:woohoo:

TIA! :blowkiss:

Hi Niner!:) I don't live close but think it's going to be awhile yet. A new team is looking at the case and it looks like they started at square one. LE once said they were confident this case would be solved and I have to bank on that! I wish it was sooner than later but I was a solid case as well. Don't worry. When the arrest happens it'll be just as you wish for - BIG BLOCK LETTERS!

If anyone was watching tonights WRAL webcast, a short blurb - the Birchleaf house has been sold. Quick reference - I don't see a link up yet but I think you can watch the last newscast on the web still.

Well, God bless the new owners. Thanks for the update, RC. :blowkiss:

If anyone was watching tonights WRAL webcast, a short blurb - the Birchleaf house has been sold. Quick reference - I don't see a link up yet but I think you can watch the last newscast on the web still.

I'll take your word for it RC. :)
At least we know jy won't be getting much (if anything) out of it!
Strikes a sad note with me just the same. It was Michelle's dream home. There were supposed to be two happy little toddlers running around in it!:(

Strikes a sad note with me just the same. It was Michelle's dream home. There were supposed to be two happy little toddlers running around in it!:(
What did they pay for it; and what did it sell for? I hope that it was at a loss; and he has to pay out of pocket for it...

I found this listing for $389k down from $424k. I wonder what it sold for...

http://www.ysuhomes.com/idx/search/...598-002F-414F-ACE6-22F31EF58893&method=trulia

I can't believe someone bought the house.
Wonder if they are aware that a murder occurred there in the master BR?

I agree with jilly, it's another sad chapter of this vicious crime.
Michelle loved that house.
Cassidy loved that house.
It's very sad that Michelle isn't there sunning in the yard, playing with her 2 little ones

I can't believe someone bought the house.
Wonder if they are aware that a murder occurred there in the master BR?

I agree with jilly, it's another sad chapter of this vicious crime.
Michelle loved that house.
Cassidy loved that house.
It's very sad that Michelle isn't there sunning in the yard, playing with her 2 little ones

These poor people will forever be the talk of Enchanted Oaks. At the pool party they will be referred to as "the morons that finally bought the Young house". I can't imagine they are now aware their master bedroom was the scene of a horrific murder and photos of the house will be shown on news clips for years to come.

I was told today the house sale is not a done deal

"there is a contract ,but have not worked everything out."

Maybe there will be two happy toddlers running around in it, if not now, down the road. Can't think of a more fitting tribute.

Maybe there will be two happy toddlers running around in it, if not now, down the road. Can't think of a more fitting tribute.

That's a really sweet thought. I completely agree.

We're looking for a home of similar size right now, but I just couldn't bring myself to ever consider that one, no matter how good a deal I could get on it. I'd always be reminded of that heinous, brutal crime and that poor baby tracking bloody footprints all over the house. It breaks my heart to think about it.

I think realtors have to disclose the fact that someone was murdered/that it was a crimescene (not completely sure on that, but it seems like I heard that a few times in the past). I would imagine/hope the buyers are from out of town and not familiar with the details of the crime.

That's a really sweet thought. I completely agree.

We're looking for a home of similar size right now, but I just couldn't bring myself to ever consider that one, no matter how good a deal I could get on it. I'd always be reminded of that heinous, brutal crime and that poor baby tracking bloody footprints all over the house. It breaks my heart to think about it.

I think realtors have to disclose the fact that someone was murdered/that it was a crimescene (not completely sure on that, but it seems like I heard that a few times in the past). I would imagine/hope the buyers are from out of town and not familiar with the details of the crime.

Yes, most realtors would have to disclose that a murder occurred. This would affect resale so hopefully the new owners had their own agent to guide them vs relying totally on someone else.

My point was that it was supposed to be Michelle in her dream home with her two toddlers. I don't really care about who moves in.

Yes, most realtors would have to disclose that a murder occurred. This would affect resale so hopefully the new owners had their own agent to guide them vs relying totally on someone else.

Local real estate experts told WRAL there is no law requiring sellers to disclose information about crimes that might have occurred in homes up for sale.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1567666/

Local real estate experts told WRAL there is no law requiring sellers to disclose information about crimes that might have occurred in homes up for sale.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1567666/

This is what I hope has happened otherwise it is unfair to the new owners.

However, Sara Matyiko, a real estate agent with RE/MAX United in North Raleigh, said that a buyer's agent – a real estate agent hired by a prospective homeowner – is obliged to find out as much as possible about a property and share it with clients.

Yeah...really. Who would think to ask if there had been a murder in the house...... Come to think of it....probably just us posters here at WS!
I feel bad for these people.
I have to say when I went house hunting 25 yrs ago, I looked at about 20 houses. In each house (and it might sound silly) but I would get good or bad vibes. Must have worked because we're still in the same house.:)

Thanks for the link happy.

As of today, the house is still listed in MLS. If it had gone under contract, it wouldn't be listed. Guess the deal fell through...

OR

It's sold with a contingency... (that the buyer has to sell their house first, etc.) and it's still listed in case some other sap comes forward without a contingency...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214