Three children and two teenagers have been arrested over the murder of an 80-year-old man. Leicestershire, UK.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JMLx

Reaction score
Three children and two teenagers arrested over murder of 80-year-old in park

Three children and two teenagers have been arrested over the murder of an 80-year-old man.

The victim, who was walking his dog in Franklin Park, Leicestershire, was seriously assaulted on Sunday and died in hospital last night.

A boy and a girl, both 14, and one boy and two girls, all aged 12, have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

The attack happened close to the park entrance in Bramble Way at about 6.30pm.

Detective Inspector Emma Matts said: "We still need people who were in the area to come forward if they have seen anything or have any information which could assist.

Due to prior police contact with the victim, the force will refer itself to the Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC).

The police inquiry into the attack, which happened at around 6.30pm near the park entrance in Bramble Way, has now become a murder investigation. Leicestershire Police have arrested five young people on suspicion of murder - two 12-year-old girls, one 12-year-old boy, a 14-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy.

Police said the victim was allegedly attacked by a group of "young people". The suspects fled the scene before emergency services arrived, said police.

Dog walker dies as schoolkids arrested on murder suspicion

Leicester: Children held over fatal park attack on dog walker, 80

Slightly more information in these articles.

Police said the man had been near the park's Bramble Way entrance at about 18:30 BST when he was seriously assaulted by a group of young people who left the scene before emergency services arrived.

Five children were detained following inquiries, the force said.

Det Insp Emma Matts said: "Sadly, following the death of the victim last night, this has now become a murder investigation.

“Officers are continuing to work at speed to establish the details of the attack and we have made a number of arrests as we continue to understand what has happened.

“A scene preservation will remain in place at the park while our investigation progresses. Local officers are also in the area carrying out reassurance patrols and can speak to anyone in the local community who has concerns.”

Officers have said they are particularly keen to speak to anyone who saw the victim before the assault or a group of young people leaving the area.

Due to prior police contact with the victim, the force will refer itself to the Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC).
I assume that means that the victim contacted the police to report something that might be related to the children involved in the attack or to complain about something related to them or his personal safety?

Absolutely horrific.

The ages of the arrested is absolutely wild to me. I wonder if he was struggling with being harassed on prior dog walks by the group and had reported to the police?

It makes me think of a local case several years ago where a homeless man was killed by a group of teens.

''Before his death, the man's daughter said he had been taken to Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham with spinal injuries.

She told Leicestershire Live: "He had been taking the dog for a walk. He was about 30 seconds away from getting home when he was attacked."

Police said they want to speak to anyone who was in the park or the area of Bramble Way between 6pm and 6.45pm on Sunday.

Detectives are speaking to residents in the area to gather as much information as possible, the force said.''

How a teenager could ever attack a man of that age is beyond me, he’s 80 years old and most probably looked his age. What is wrong with people?
I have to agree on the assumption he’s maybe complained about these kids before hand and it’s now gotten to this point, absolutely horrific.

It unfortunately brought this one back into my thoughts,

There was also a 15 year old charged this spring in Glasgow in relation to the death of a 70 year old man.

I honestly have no words for kids/teens who go out there and do these things.

An elderly man who tragically died in hospital after a group of schoolchildren allegedly attacked him while he was walking his dog in the park has been pictured for the first time.

Bhim Sen Kohli, 80, who was walking in Franklin Park, Braunstone Town, near Leicester when he was 'kicked in the neck and back' on Sunday evening, has been described as a 'kind and considerate man'.

Leicestershire Police today confirmed five children - three as young as 12 - had been arrested on suspicion of murder after Mr Kohli last night succumbed to his injuries.

This is just complete madness where has the respect gone in this world? The man pictured in the post above looks his age - how could children attack an 80 year old?

6pm - 6:45 would have been light outside to.

With the police referring themselves I’m guessing this has been an escalation over time.

From an early age my grandmother taught myself & the rest of her grandchildren to always smile and greet elderly people with a good morning / good afternoon - as you never know what they’re going through and you might be the only kind face / interaction they see that day.

I can't help but wonder if race is a factor here
When I first saw the article where he’s been named and pictured for the first time that was my thought too, poor old man just going about his daily business walking his dog. His poor daughter having to find him too, it’s completely heartbreaking. What a way to go at his age, so sad.

What a terribly sad story. My blood is boiling and my heart feels sad.

Just heard on the radio that the gentleman had previously reported something to the police. Leicestershire police have reported themselves to the IPCC.

Ongoing racial harassment perhaps?

What an horrific and terribly sad end to an 80 year old life. All those years just wiped away by senseless teens and preteens. Sickening act of cruelty.
Our elders are to be respected and looked after, they've paved the way for us in so many ways, like we will pave the way for future generations to come - makes me so pissed off to see a story like this.
Condolences to this gentleman's family, I'm so so very sorry for your loss.
(really hope the doggo is OK) x

Lots of major crimes being committed by minors in the UK recently. Not sure about other countries but I wonder if the result of growing up in lockdown periods is beginning to manifest. This is awful stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back