Three critical questions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
txsvicki,
Could be, but how was JoBenet dressed when scooted to the basement. Since her feet were naked, and relatively clean with no abrasions?

In the same clothes as worn to the white's since my theory has them left to their own devices and just told to go to bed or maybe already changed into the longjohns. I'm not sure i believe this but just trying to find a way that the ramseys found her in the basement. There are comments that jonbenet had dirty feet. I could swear it was said that the heels were dirty. Others may know more about that. She did have the small scratches on the back of a lower leg and the little abrasion on the chin.

It was said she had lint on the botton of her feet.

Statistically speaking if 90% of murdered children are murdered by a parent, then that only leaves 10% to be split between a stranger, another relative or friend of the family. So in my not so humble opinion it is a stretch to entertain that Burke was responsible.

If Jonbenet was cracked on the head elsewhere then taken to her bed where she bled on her upper sleeve and pillow, and if noted she was then gasping for air the chances are she'd have been suffocated with her pillow or another if someone was trying to put her out of her misery. It is absolutely preposterous that anyone wanted to put her out of her misery by strangling her.

I think it is also absurd to think Patsy Ramsey would have carried her daughter down to the basement. Imagine: "My daughter is dying or dead so I'm taking her to the basement." Ludicrous. Why, why would she even think about doing that? And if she did think to put Jonbenet in the basement to keep Burke from knowing what was going on or had gone on, she would have gotten JR to carry JonBenet to the basement. If, if, and only if JonBenet was bashed on the head elsewhere, there is only one person in that house that would have or could have easily carried her to the basement, and that person is JR. But some want to believe that Patsy, exhausted from Christmas doings, exhausted from mothering duties, packing for a trip to Charlevoux, having had some wine, and is also short on sleep, and has cancer is going to attempt to carry her daughter, who is a dead weight down the stairs to the basement? Come on! Get real.

Say what anyone will about the ineptitude of Linda Arendt, she was the only LE person in that house. Only she was privy to the behavior of any of the R family at the critical juncture of when Jonbenet's body was brought up from that basement. I trust her instincts when she said she wasn't sure just how many of them would be alive when LE reinforcements showed up. Evil has a way of making itself known, and I do believe she saw that evil that day while she was the sole person on the case.

I truly like DocG's theory, but it hinges on one thing, and that's that Patsy wouldn't have written the ransom note and also been the one to call 911. Darlie Routier stabbed two of her little boys, and she called 911. Susan Smith drowned her two, and she called 911. Andrea Yates drowned her five children, and called 911, though she readily confessed. Darlie Routier sounded truly in distress during her 911 call, but we know she was only acting. We also know that Patsy was used to performing on a stage. She could have carried the 911 call off, so as much as I might like to agree with DocG, I just can't.

Someone in that house caused the death of JonBenet, but because of circumstances, I don't think we'll ever get any closer to which person was responsible. The staging was done to not only to cover up a murder but also to protect JR's business from scandal, and the R's main source of income. We see this kind of thing over and over, when a Catholic Diocese protects a pedophile or when a school district or a university does the same. The motive for the staging and the ransom note was ultimately money, but not the silly sum mentioned in the ransom note. And while I'm on the subject of silliness, the silliest thing in the whole ransom note is a small foreign faction that understands "good southern common sense.

So back to the three questions...

Where did this head blow occur that night in the home? I can't say conclusively. It could have occurred in the bedroom, the kitchen or the basement.

What happened in the 90 minutes between that blow and the strangulation? I can't be certain there was a 90 minute delay, but if there was, I would imagine the killer used it to collect thoughts, envision a kidnapping scenario, and write a ransom note, break the window....

How did JonBenet end up by the paint tray where she was strangled and expired? I can't say conclusively. She either walked down there of her own accord or was carried down there.

I have not read Kolar's book yet, but it bothers me that someone would write a book basically dismissing the possibility that anyone could still be charged with JonBenet's death or so I've read here.

Even if BR caused JonBenet's near death, I think his participation ended there, and the parents or rather the one remaining living parent could be charged, but what with? Being an accessory in the very least or charged with murder via the garrote? It would be a brave DA who threw out a charge, and went to trial to see if he could make something stick.
I agree with a lot you said, but from what I saw in early interviews, PR wasn't some frail little woman, emaciated from cancer. She looked good and fit, and IMO, she was physically capable of carrying JB down to the basement. To answer your question of WHY, she would carry her down, well, if she was the one who struck the blow, then she would have the motivation to get her out of sight. But, I'm not trying to say, only PR could be guilty, though IMO, BR is the least likely suspect. There comes a point in the scenario, where he just doesn't make sense on his own, and I don't think his parents would have staged such a gruesome scene, in his honor. Also, I don't think JBR was strangled, to 'put her out of her misery'. That's just plain fantasy, IMO. If he/she didn't want her to suffer, he/she would have called 911 for an ambulance...but the hospital would have started an investigation, into THIS family, and they couldn't have that, now could they? Actually, I think JBR was strangled, to finish what was started. She didn't die quick enough from the blow, and she couldn't be left in the basement, to linger on, or God forbid, groan or make a noise, so somebody finished the job. Moo. So, I'm left suspecting 1 or both of the parents, but really, this seems like a 1 man or 1 woman job, IMO. and then who knows at what point, the other started covering too. maybe that morning...because I think he/she recognized the handwriting and the language. Like you though, I put a LOT of credence into Arndt's initial gut feelings, and also into what seemed like a genuine 911 call. IMO, the call didn't seem rehearsed or fake, but I could be wrong. MOO.

By justthinkin -
"I truly like DocG's theory, but it hinges on one thing, and that's that Patsy wouldn't have written the ransom note and also been the one to call 911. Darlie Routier stabbed two of her little boys, and she called 911. Susan Smith drowned her two, and she called 911. Andrea Yates drowned her five children, and called 911, though she readily confessed. Darlie Routier sounded truly in distress during her 911 call, but we know she was only acting. We also know that Patsy was used to performing on a stage. She could have carried the 911 call off, so as much as I might like to agree with DocG, I just can't."

Very good points. Good points indeed.

.....and, even if a parent is guilty and whether they stage or not, eventually they need to call 911 at some point.... (unless you're Casey Anthony, I guess)....

....which begs the next question for the DocG theory -

So say John does get to follow through with his plan: he completed all the staging, got rid of the ransom note (according to DocG), Patsy and Burke are out of the way, got rid of the body from the house, logged a 'kidnapper' call to the house, got the money, pretend he gave it to kidnappers- hid it and/or got rid of it, yadda yadda...

So what happens next? How does Act III go? Does he go home or go straight to the police, or call them from home or the Whites' house to report the events? Is he going to act angry, serious, stressed, tired? What was he supposed to say about giving them the money but not getting her back? Or were they going to give her back dead, or 'lead' him to the body and he found her too late? What about the interaction with the kidnapper/s? If it's all phone calls, according to the note, he must know the police will ask him about everything they said to him, everywhere they 'made' him go, where he was supposed to leave the money, that the police will go and check if money was ever left/picked up there, will expect John to take them to all the locations, including where the daughter was found/left/said to have been delivered to, etc.... So he needs to have this part of the staging all planned out too, right, or he will for sure get caught in all these lies and contradictory evidence, especially if he has no ransom note to show for it, only more of his stories to the police, and then, if he does have JonBenet, but she's dead, is she still going to be in all that evidence from her own house?

I would think that all that additional fake scenario that he will have to account for - over and over, might possibly make it even harder for him to get away with and even harder to keep all the 'facts' straight. Especially if he gets rid of the one piece of actual supposed intruder evidence....

Not arguing, though, just thinking out loud...

And of course all those questions are for speculation, but if we believe that was the original plan, then we must believe he had to be prepared to account for it, and how that would go, and see if it makes sense, if we are to believe that was his original plan to begin with...

Heyya kk,

I had read your 'Three Critical Questions' thread over at FFJ,
and could only think about (my JBR mind is reeling from just TMI) about JK mention of "The end of the cord that had been wrapped around the stick was observed to be burned / melted." - JK FF p 65-55.

Is the inference to be made that at the point of construction of the garotte a child would not be capable of this type of modification to the rope?[/QUOTE]

No, you probably didn't understand what Kolar was telling in the reference to the melted/burned end of the rope. What Kolar is pointing out is that USUALLY, the manufacturing company who produces this kind of rope, 'burned' the ends (both ends) of the rope for the proper fringe. So, in JBR situation, ONE end of the rope was 'burned'/fringe means that whoever performed the strangulation was using the new bungle of rope or the left-over bungle of rope. Makes sense?

By justthinkin -
"I truly like DocG's theory, but it hinges on one thing, and that's that Patsy wouldn't have written the ransom note and also been the one to call 911. Darlie Routier stabbed two of her little boys, and she called 911. Susan Smith drowned her two, and she called 911. Andrea Yates drowned her five children, and called 911, though she readily confessed. Darlie Routier sounded truly in distress during her 911 call, but we know she was only acting. We also know that Patsy was used to performing on a stage. She could have carried the 911 call off, so as much as I might like to agree with DocG, I just can't."

Very good points. Good points indeed.

.....and, even if a parent is guilty and whether they stage or not, eventually they need to call 911 at some point.... (unless you're Casey Anthony, I guess)....

....which begs the next question for the DocG theory -

So say John does get to follow through with his plan: he completed all the staging, got rid of the ransom note (according to DocG), Patsy and Burke are out of the way, got rid of the body from the house, logged a 'kidnapper' call to the house, got the money, pretend he gave it to kidnappers- hid it and/or got rid of it, yadda yadda...

So what happens next? How does Act III go? Does he go home or go straight to the police, or call them from home or the Whites' house to report the events? Is he going to act angry, serious, stressed, tired? What was he supposed to say about giving them the money but not getting her back? Or were they going to give her back dead, or 'lead' him to the body and he found her too late? What about the interaction with the kidnapper/s? If it's all phone calls, according to the note, he must know the police will ask him about everything they said to him, everywhere they 'made' him go, where he was supposed to leave the money, that the police will go and check if money was ever left/picked up there, will expect John to take them to all the locations, including where the daughter was found/left/said to have been delivered to, etc.... So he needs to have this part of the staging all planned out too, right, or he will for sure get caught in all these lies and contradictory evidence, especially if he has no ransom note to show for it, only more of his stories to the police, and then, if he does have JonBenet, but she's dead, is she still going to be in all that evidence from her own house?

I would think that all that additional fake scenario that he will have to account for - over and over, might possibly make it even harder for him to get away with and even harder to keep all the 'facts' straight. Especially if he gets rid of the one piece of actual supposed intruder evidence....

Not arguing, though, just thinking out loud...

And of course all those questions are for speculation, but if we believe that was the original plan, then we must believe he had to be prepared to account for it, and how that would go, and see if it makes sense, if we are to believe that was his original plan to begin with...

If it had gone his way, he'd have gotten the money from the bank, gotten rid of JonBenet, gone home, erased the call, and called the police prior to any supposed scheduled delivery of the ransom money. He would have said the call made him so nervous he hit the wrong button, and must have somehow accidentally erased it. Boo hoo hoo. Then he would have said the kidnappers said they'd call back. They never would of course, and he would have been as much on the hook as he is today unless JonBenet's body was found.

While that could have been the thought, perhaps he couldn't bear to go through with it. Obviously the thought of a proper burial meant something to him. It was in the note, and if he wrote it.... He would have been taking a huge risk leaving the house in the middle of the night, and with JonBenet missing from her bed. How he'd explain that, I wouldn't have a clue. Plus he'd never hear the end of it from Patsy. It would have eaten her up as much as any cancer.

But, but, but, I think they were both involved for one simple fact. Both Rs must have agreed they would put this behind them, and get on with their lives. That is just so very telling.

We all know about true stories where a child has been taken, and killed, and one of the parents obsesses endlessly over it, and the other needs to move on with their life, and they wind up divorced.

We sure didn't have that here. These people moved on so quickly they must have taken the Concorde.

Interesting observation. The head blow was also indirect.
I've also toyed with the idea that JBR had a previous neck injury/mark that somebody wanted to cover. The argument over the red turtleneck plus the garotte, seems to emphasize the neck area, IMO. I wish there were more pictures.

I agree with a lot you said, but from what I saw in early interviews, PR wasn't some frail little woman, emaciated from cancer. She looked good and fit, and IMO, she was physically capable of carrying JB down to the basement. To answer your question of WHY, she would carry her down, well, if she was the one who struck the blow, then she would have the motivation to get her out of sight. But, I'm not trying to say, only PR could be guilty, though IMO, BR is the least likely suspect. There comes a point in the scenario, where he just doesn't make sense on his own, and I don't think his parents would have staged such a gruesome scene, in his honor. Also, I don't think JBR was strangled, to 'put her out of her misery'. That's just plain fantasy, IMO. If he/she didn't want her to suffer, he/she would have called 911 for an ambulance...but the hospital would have started an investigation, into THIS family, and they couldn't have that, now could they? Actually, I think JBR was strangled, to finish what was started. She didn't die quick enough from the blow, and she couldn't be left in the basement, to linger on, or God forbid, groan or make a noise, so somebody finished the job. Moo. So, I'm left suspecting 1 or both of the parents, but really, this seems like a 1 man or 1 woman job, IMO. and then who knows at what point, the other started covering too. maybe that morning...because I think he/she recognized the handwriting and the language. Like you though, I put a LOT of credence into Arndt's initial gut feelings, and also into what seemed like a genuine 911 call. IMO, the call didn't seem rehearsed or fake, but I could be wrong. MOO.

I don't believe I said, Patsy was frail, just listed all the reasons she might be exhausted, and they were all lumped together with a glass of wine or two. Could she have done it anyway, probably so, but I still think she would have had JR do it.

I agree, it does seem like a one person job, but that ransom note sure seems like two people collaborated on it to me. Still, it would be hard enough for a person to try to disguise his or her handwriting by itself without also having to take dictation at the same time wouldn't it? It seems a task best approached alone, on one person's terms.
JMO.

Why do you think that a "proper burial" was so important to whichever Ramsey was the culprit? If they were willing to strangle her with a garrote and penetrate her with a foreign object .... How does the mind reconcile these horrible actions. It boggles my mind!

Not trying to be sarcastic but make a comparison. Garrotting yet want a showy proper burial is comparable to dressing up in pageantry finery and gold jewelry for a child yet letting her wear only poop stained undies and wet panties.

Why do you think that a "proper burial" was so important to whichever Ramsey was the culprit? If they were willing to strangle her with a garrote and penetrate her with a foreign object .... How does the mind reconcile these horrible actions. It boggles my mind!

ciela, I share your shock and seriousness of just how could anyone do this to their child. It does indeed puzzle the mind in all that is fair and decent.

However these people, the parents, were up against a wall. They were in a panic. In the morning, they are headed out on a plane trip to gather with family. But their daughter is mortally wounded with a head injury (which they may or may not have even been aware of).

They can't leave the house for the trip without their daughter, how do you explain her absence? So, they had to think on their feet, quickly and be absolutely perfect in their cover-up of what happened.

Believing the deed was done by Burke, I can also see the "garrott" (which I think is an incorrect term to describe this instrument) as being something Burke had made well in advance and used to play with or move things in his everyday playtime or adventures. That night, I think he used it on his sister; around her neck as part of his growing interest of his sister's private parts. Which is something I think had been going on and that Patsy had caught them in the act. And he had been warned not to do it again.

I suppose in my life experiences I can clearly see (but maybe not understand) the drastic lengths people will go to in order to protect themselves or their loved ones when it comes to hiding the worst.

Working as a newspaper reporter for 20 plus years my eyes, ears and senses have met up with some very unbelievable situations where people go off and do something you would never imagine. Good decent people who are forced into actions completely the opposite from their character viewed by others.

The Ramseys must have stone cold realized they had a lot to protect. But, a proper burial was important and something they wanted and had to have simply because they dearly loved their daughter. If you believe that Burke was behind what happened to his sister, which began as an accident, it is easier to accept, maybe not completely, what took place that night as Chrismas led into a new day.

In all, I think your question is a very good one to pose.

jmo

Say what? Sorry I don't follow.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with your points so I respectfully snipped.

The Rs made a point of getting on with their lives rather quickly or rather, putting it all behind them.

In a situation where a child's truly been kidnapped and found dead, there's usually one parent who can move on more easily than the other, and sometimes one parent will become obsessed with the crime, and it becomes the entire focus of his or her life. It can also result in divorce when one person has to live the gloom and doom of the other person day in and day out with no end in sight.

I don't think such horrible actions can be reconciled, but desperate people do desperate things.

No honest to goodness kidnapper would ever worry about the parents feelings or concern themselves the parents might want a proper burial for their child, but it sure was in that ransom note, and I think the only way it wound up there was there was a discussion about how to get rid of the body or what to do with her prior to the ransom note being written.
JMO

They can't leave the house for the trip without their daughter, how do you explain her absence? So, they had to think on their feet, quickly and be absolutely perfect in their cover-up of what happened.

jmo

I agree with your post azwriter. The family was planning a trip to Michigan that morning. Interesting that JR phoned his pilot for immediate departure to Atlanta for a very important meeting following his deposit of JB's body in the entry hall.

From the way I read the letter, it seemed that the writer was indecisive about what to do. Since JB was obviously dead or dying, (no matter who did it), I find the indecisivness interesting. I've wondered if while writing the note, he/she was still debating on whether to get rid of the body or not? Anyway, this is what I think may have been going on..especially if PR was the culprit. IMO, the head bash was caused by an extreme fit of rage, and then like anger usually does, it dissipated and wore off, so, the killer would have been back to being a more concerned parent. About the rage theory... if this happened because of rage, it probably wasn't the 1st time JB had been physically abused. What kind of parent or sibling, leaves a hole in the skull, the 1st time they strike out at the victim? on a sidenote...a real kidnapper would have known JB was dead or dying, because he would have known the damage he did with the head bash. So why write a ransom note at all? and if the note was pre written, like some people believe, then what was he doing between the bash and strangulation? I try to consider every possibility, but this is something I don't get about the intruder theories. MOO

Justthinkin, there's a lot of sound reasoning and good sense in your post. Let me respond to the part about my theory:

In none of the above cases was there a ransom note. Sure, a mother can kill her child or children and then call the police. But in this case we have a mother who has presumably just written a long ransom note to stage a kidnapping and then called 911 to hand over a note in her own hand that would no longer stage anything at all once the body is found. I find that impossible to believe, which is why I feel sure Patsy had nothing to do with the note or any other aspect of the crime.

Well, there was a ransom note and 911 call(s) by parents in the Zahra Baker case.... And even though they got rid of the body and reported her missing, and had additional staging, the police were still able to determine that the parents were involved....

Well, there was a ransom note and 911 call(s) by parents in the Zahra Baker case.... And even though they got rid of the body and reported her missing, and had additional staging, the police were still able to determine that the parents were involved....

Whaleshark, only the middle paragraph of the quoted posts was mine. The rest was all DocG's.

Sorry in advance for the long post. Prior to provide answers to '3 critical questions', I'll try to identify the 'proms' first. The 'proms' to me are the known facts and evidences which I'll try to insert into one POSSIBLE scenario. I have to admit, since the first day I learned about JBR murder and until this post, I had dozen of possible scenarios. I called them 'PLAY'. And every time I read and learn about new fact or evidence, the new 'play' emerged, overlaying others. I never was IDI. I never was on the 'fence'. The Russian classical literature and theater (as well as the human psychology) are my passion. So, with a little knowledge of my 'profile', let's start:).

PROMS

2nd floor: blood on pillow in JBR room
the light on JBR nightstand lamp is ON
1st floor: dish w/pineapple (BR and PR fingerprints)
'torch' (I'll adapt UK name, less typing:)
RN
Basement: toy trains with tracks
wood stick in 'garrote as partial piece from the PR paintbrush
missing piece from the same PR paintbrush (assumingly used in acute sexual assault)
JBR white blanket, Barbie nightgown and doll
blood on nightgown and doll
urine on carpet next to WC
Body: lethal head injury (not cause of death)
strangulation (cause of death) - done from the back, while JBR was laying on her stomach (PR fibers)
wrist binding
acute sexual assault
abrasions made by train tracks
sticky tape on JBR lips
urine on FRONT of johnlong and Bloomies oversize panty
'Staging' - cleaning/wiping JBR crotch (JR fibers)
- re-dressing, using new, size 12 Bloomies
- placing sticky tape on JBR lips (PR fibers)
- tiding the rope with 'garrote (PR fibers). ********* This one I want to explain in details. Fact: JBR died from strangulation. As she expires, the remaining urine was released into already STAGED area (clean/wiped crouch, redressed clothes). So, IMO, not until the FINAL turn of this 'garrote happens - we cannot assume that the rope on JBR neck and wrists are part of the 'staging'. These ropes could be there prior of head injury, nobody knows, right? THEREFORE, the ACTION of tiding the robe w/'garrote until JBR dies = 'staging'.
- writing RN
- wiping off 'torch'

'Undo'/WC covering JBR with her favor blanket; placing next to JBR favor Barbie nightgown and doll

Where did this head blow occur that night in the home? BASEMENT

What happened in the 90 minutes between that blow and the strangulation? STAGING

How did JonBenet end up by the paint tray where she was strangled and expired? read the PLAY

PLAY

ACT 1. BR and JBR are restless. Too much excitement, no one is ready for Christmas ending. 'Let's go to the basement and look for more presents!'. Quietly, using the torch light, children are going down to the kitchen. They're thirsty and hungry. They eat left-over pineapples and drinking tea some tea.

ACT 2. After partially unwrapping the remaining presents. JBR and BR went to the training room. JBR is not interested in trains, she's running around and starts irritates BR. 'Stop it!' BR said. 'You're running my settings!'. To piss BR more, JBR was making more mess with BR trains. BR got really mad. He took one of the train track and pocked JBR side, swinging to get to JBR face. JBR starts crying...'OK, I'm sorry' said Burke. 'Let's play our game' said BR. 'But this time, I have an idea to make more fun. Let's go'. He took crying JBR by her hand and they went to the near WC area. They played this 'game' before. But this time, BR wants to be more creative. He quickly grab the paintbrush from PR tray and the remaining of the rope left on the shelf nearby. He tide the robe on JBR neck and wrists by holding the remain of the rope to his hands...He saw how it was done in adult magazine...'I think you'll gona like it, just stay still'...And with paintbruch he did what he usually done with his finger....JBR starts screaming, this time it's really hurts. 'Shut-up, shut-up'. BR got really-really mad. He'll be in trouble again because of this stupid b*tch!'. He grabbed the near staying golf stick and...BANG!!!...JBR's body was slowly falling to the floor, next to WC...the rope from BR hands was falling as well...The last thing he remembers was the blood slowly appearing on JBR's crouch area...

ACT 3. Upstairs, PR just finished her last tasks, ready to finally go to sleep. JR already sleeps. She heard JBR terrified scream, and it comes somewhere from downstairs. What's going on?! 'O, God, what happens?!'. PR quickly runs to the second floor. JBR is not in her room!...and BR room is empty. She knows right away, BR did it again. PR was rushing through the spiral steps, through the kitchen, toward basement. Few minutes later, PR cry and mourning could be heard from the basement. 'What did you done, what did you done?? O, Jesus...' . At no time, PR was running from the basement, crying, screaming: 'John, John, John!!!!'.....

ACT 4. In basement, PR and JR are trying to revive JBR. Nothing. JBR looks death, not responsive....PR is loosing her mind, crying...'What to do John? What should we do now?'....'What about BR?'....'How we'll explain this? - PR pointed to the bloody paintbrush...'What's gonna happens to us, and Burke?'...JR slowly turn his head toward PR, his face was ashen with the tears...'I have an idea'...and the 'staging' begins....

ACT 5....PR was finishing her RN, JR was wiping the 'torch', the Barbie nightgown and doll have been brought downstairs from the JBR room....the 'undo' is starting

....Upstairs, in JBR bedroom, we see the light is on; PR forgot to tun it off....on JBR pillow, we see the smear of the blood which PR by accident left it while reaching for the nightgown....FINALE.

I lurk here mainly, but I have been tossing around the whole scenario of that night in my head for some time.
I've been considering that the Ramsey's came home that night with both kids awake. At some point, probably not to far after they arrived home, the kids had partaken in pineapple. I can almost see Patsy in my mind pulling the bowl out of the fridge that may or may not have already had the serving spoon in it already. Why do I say that? Because I myself am a busy, frazzled mom that sometimes puts things away like that, especially if I think it will be getting eaten very soon. Saves me washing so many dishes in a busy house.
The kids were probably tired and may have been bickering, perhaps one was teasing the other. Maybe the flashlight was in close proximity, and in anger, Burke struck his sister hard in the head. She dropped to the floor immediately. John and Patsy were probably still awake doing last minute preparations for bed or the next morning. I don't really think that they were such lousy parents that they wouldn't have known the kids were up still. I think that they probably shook Jon Benet in an effort to awaken her, but that they came to the belief that she was dead.
I live with a head injured spouse and every head injury is different. It may be possible that her breathing at that time was very faint and she may not have had an easily detectable pulse. These are lay people and wouldn't have been too medically savvy.
Panic mode kicked in and if Burke had been molesting her, that may have been enough of an embarrassment to them to at least leave them concerned with what they should do. I really can't see them not calling for help if they felt she had a chance to live. I believe Burke was sent to bed very soon after they realized things weren't good and probably he was told that she would be fine.
Patsy being Patsy, I could see the Ramsey's taking Jon Benet up to her bed to formally "lay her out", but they may have placed her in bed as a first idea, before growing more concerned about the truth of the abuse coming out. The kidnap plot may have stemmed from those concerns. In this scenario, John would carry her down to the basement to hide the body. He would lay her on the floor by the wine cellar door and attempt to cover up the abuse with the paintbrush handle. I can't see Patsy being able to watch that and maybe she was sent to write the ransom note. He may have laid her upon a piece of Burke's train track and an impression is made in her flesh.
During John's abuse, perhaps Jon Benet began to exhibit the Cheyne-stokes breathing prior to death. Cheyne-stokes can last for a little while, but this probably would panic John. He knows she is dying, so he opts to do the only thing he feels he can-end the misery. He may have had Patsy get the rope. Maybe he knew where the rope was at in JAR room. Patsy would be looking frantically for the rope, a knife to cut it off, anything needed to stage the scene. Drawers would be left open and she would be worried about Jon Benet's comfort, so she would bring the blanket and maybe the doll.
John would turn JonBenet over and strangle her with the garrote, anything to stop the ragged breathing. Her bladder would lose it's contents as she dies.
The remainder of the staging takes place. Changing the clothes and panties, using what is available or that Patsy has brought down with her at the time. Wrapping her in the blanket. Doing what needs done to make this look like a kidnapping gone wrong. Gathering up all the items to discard, maybe in the golf bag, and wiping down the flashlight.
Finally, it's "show time" and Patsy makes the 911 call.

Just my overactive imagination playing out scenes of how this could have went. I tumble these ideas around a lot, just as I know most on here have as well. What a frustrating case that should have been solved without too much difficulty. It's truly disgusting how wealth influenced the outcome.

I have a question please, if there was no bleeding from the head wound (I don't remember reading there was) where did the blood on JBR's pillow come from?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back