TH's cell phone pings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On a related note...for some reason I remember info that purportedly came from Terri in which she said police told her she had been driving on Highway 30 that morning. I seem to remember thinking that the way it was worded implied her story was that she was not near that area. But I can't find that info anywhere. I thought it was in Terri's e-mails which were made public on August 9th but I just re-watched that KATU story and it's not there. Any help finding this info would be appreciated, maybe I'm just imagining it.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Terri-wants-money-to-move-out-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=10

If you scroll down, this is where the "Chas" gentleman says he saw Terri on Highway 30 that day. Could that be what you are remembering?

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

ETA: Also found this: I scrolled way down on the MCSO site and they were asking for any video along Highway 30 from Northwest Rock Point to Germantown Road.

I seem to recall coming across cel tower information, and it seemed like if TH was driving Hwy 30, she'd triangulate off the Sauvie Island tower anyway.... Apparently the cel tower information is public record....

I remember that too. Just woke up and haven't had coffee yet. Give me a bit and I'll try to remember where I saw it - it was somewhere in the depths of this forum - and I'll see if I can track it down.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Terri-wants-money-to-move-out-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=10

If you scroll down, this is where the "Chas" gentleman says he saw Terri on Highway 30 that day. Could that be what you are remembering?

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

ETA: Also found this: I scrolled way down on the MCSO site and they were asking for any video along Highway 30 from Northwest Rock Point to Germantown Road.
Thanks but it's neither of those, I remember that stuff. What I'm talking about is info that Terri said (most likely in an e-mail) something like..."they're saying I was driving on Highway 30". Maybe I am imagining it.

Thanks but it's neither of those, I remember that stuff. What I'm talking about is info that Terri said (most likely in an e-mail) something like..."they're saying I was driving on Highway 30". Maybe I am imagining it.

IIRC, it was something along the lines of, "They're saying I was somewhere I wasn't." I'm not sure I've seen where she mentioned any specific route or highway.

I'll poke around and see what I can find.

I believe Terri stated in an e-mail to her friend that she was driving along Hwy 30 on June 4th.

I believe Terri stated in an e-mail to her friend that she was driving along Hwy 30 on June 4th.

Does anyone have a link to this? I don't recall her saying anything about Highway 30, and I don't see it in any of my transcriptions of her emails.

TIA

Typed up Terri's email excerpts up from what is shown on the screen in this video:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html?tab=video

Emails sent on June 5
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html?

Screenshot 1:
The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with K**** for a doctor’s appt. I said I was going to look at other exhibits – how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man “chaperone” and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic – had to have been 300 people running around – no coordination…”

Screenshot 2:
I didn’t just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall. Kids saw him after I left. Teacher put him as absent at 10am. Someplace between 9-10 is when we think it happened. I have a receipt showing I was checked out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for K**** they didn’t have at the first FM. Then I was trying to get K**** to...

Screenshot 3:
...sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20. Home at 12:45. Kaine home at 2. Bus at 3:30. That was my day – they keep asking me. Now on my 5th interview with them…

Screenshot 4:
The past 2 weeks he’s been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can’t remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks he is having mini seizures and I made an appt. on Thursday for the next Friday to have him checked out.

Video 4.13

http://www.kptv.com/news/24581546/detail.html

I was talking to her in general, just to say, "How are you, anyway I can help I will, etc." And she ended up telling me about how they are still very focused on Sauvie Island and telling me that she was driving down Highway 30 on the day Kyron disappeared, etc but she doesn’t know why they are focusing on the Island, I don’t know, it is all weird. Where is the boy?

Not looking so good for Terri, is it. Terri called me this afternoon a couple of hours after I talked to Kaine. Said she was having a bad day - that she & Kaine had a fight. She was driving. Then said she noticed a Detective following her and had to go.

Video 4.13

I was talking to her in general, just to say, "How are you, anyway I can help I will, etc." And she ended up telling me about how they are still very focused on Sauvie Island and telling me that she was driving down Highway 30 on the day Kyron disappeared, etc but she doesn’t know why they are focusing on the Island, I don’t know, it is all weird. Where is the boy?

Not looking so good for Terri, is it. Terri called me this afternoon a couple of hours after I talked to Kaine. Said she was having a bad day - that she & Kaine had a fight. She was driving. Then said she noticed a Detective following her and had to go.

Thank you. I wasn't correct on the detail, seems like Terri does confirm that her account includes Highway 30, but I knew somewhere in my brain there was the memory of that e-mail.

Video 4.13

Thank you so much for finding that, Bluestars!

:blowkiss:

Video 4.13

Terri called me this afternoon a couple of hours after I talked to Kaine. Said she was having a bad day - that she & Kaine had a fight. She was driving. Then said she noticed a Detective following her and had to go.

Looks like Terri had a habit of talking on her cell while driving. Just wanted to point that out.

Just goes back to the question of what exactly the discrepancies are in Terri's story. I wondered before if, with the possibility of the cell pings being central to the case, that trying it could involve seriously technical testimonies about just how accurate that ping data is. The DA may not feel very confident about this argument swaying a jury, even if LE feels confident about the accuracy of the data. Of course there is also the issue of the reported bank records discrepancy and the possibility that Terri changed her story somehow during questioning. Still, if she did say from the get-go that she was on Highway 30 being that close to Sauvie could easily muddy up the cell ping accuracy issue. This stuff could easily fit into LE getting very serious about searching Sauvie again.

I seem to recall coming across cel tower information, and it seemed like if TH was driving Hwy 30, she'd triangulate off the Sauvie Island tower anyway.... Apparently the cel tower information is public record....

I think it was when the above article came out that someone looked up the towers, and it was discussed that if she was on Hwy 30, that her cell could have pinged on Sauvie, without her having actually been on Sauvie that day.

Unless LE knew for certain the phone ping came from SI, I can't see them spending this much time searching there. There has got to be something more like an eye witness, evidence previously found, or maybe she used the internet service on the island. I don't know, but there must be something else that keeps bringing them back to the island.

I have driven those roads near Skyline and there are countless places to dispose of things and it would be a fluke if the things were ever found.

Video 4.13

Thank you for the link, however, it could be just me, but I don't see that quote in the article at the link, and I don't see any videos on that page.

So, mostly, I would like to know, who said or made the statements that you quoted? And, in what context were the statements made?

I was looking at the Rainbow Lake area north of where the Chas guy said he saw TH. Morgan Rd, I think it was. When I did a cell phone tower search from there, one of the towers was on SI. It was definitely the tallest of the ones that showed up. Someone answered my post that sounded like they knew about cell pings and said she could have pinged on any of those towers from that location. Now, I don't know how accurate that is, but I do know that if you're in say a valley or you're surrounded by a lot of trees or whatever, your phone may need to go to a taller tower to get reception, not necessarily the closest. (I think?) LOL

Video 4.13

Would she not have used Hwy 30 if she went straight home from the gym?

Thank you for the link, however, it could be just me, but I don't see that quote in the article at the link, and I don't see any videos on that page.

So, mostly, I would like to know, who said or made the statements that you quoted? And, in what context were the statements made?

If you scroll down, do you see a picture of Terri? The video is in the picture.

I don't know who made the statements. They were repeating things from Terri's e-mails, I believe. In the video, it shows text too.

Would she not have used Hwy 30 if she went straight home from the gym?

Billy, I don't know. People were talking about Terri driving on Hwy 30 and I remembered reading somewhere that she said she did. I think SI is to the right of Hwy 30, so maybe she was driving up north and her phone pinged near Scapoose or somewhere over there. But it seems like it would take more than that to justify all of the searches on SI. I have a feeling LE has more than just a ping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611
Back