TH's emails shed light on Horman split

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She needs to update her resume, hopefully she isn't still reading to kids at Skyline Elementary.

"I recently took some World Literature classes through Portland State University and renewed my certification. "

So who paid for these classes? Did Kaine accompany her to every one since he is so controlling and she has no freedom?

Hmm..the email is from April 6th according to KATU. Looks like they got married in April too.

"At the end of 2006, Kaine sold the Aloha house, and in January 2007 the family moved to rural Northwest Portland. Terri found the secluded, wooded property on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road, and Kaine bought the house. Three months later, the couple got married in their bathing suits in a small ceremony presided over by Kaine's dad on a beach in Kauai, Hawaii."

quote from above article: http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html?
Makes me pay $1000 a month to him for bills although it's my child support and unemployment. I do all the yard work, house work, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters
But she had time for the gym, drinking, gardners..................

I have no money because I stayed home with Kyron at birth since his natural mom wouldn't - spent all of my 30k to do so. …

another untruth.......BBM

She didn't give up anything staying home with Kyron even after he came to live with her and Kaine during Desiree's medical treatment in 2004. She earned an M.A. (2004), competed in a body-building championship (2005), worked as a sub (2005), got a dui and charge of reckless child endangerment (2005), and had her own baby (2008). For much of that time, she and Kaine weren't married, not until 2007. Why would she be complaining that she was expected to contribute to the household?

I have a feeling her "30K" went to tuition, body-enhancing substances and alcohol.

Yeah, I was just thinking if that is her idea of being trapped, I'd love to swap lives with her (without Kyron being missing, of course). Some people don't know how good they have it...

Amen, Sista! She has no clue what some people go thru. I get unemployment, after receiving disability and having health issues since 2008. No fancy trips here thank you. Yes, my check goes straight into the joint account and I'm not complaining. Blessed I have a roof over my head, a great husband, a beautiful son, and 2 charming cats.

If her life is trapped, then I can't imagine how she would describe my life ;) Hey TH - try having a 10 hour surgery, then breaking your ankle, and taking a year to recover. How would that work for ya!

If that doesn't humble you, then nothing will. She needs to get a clue!!!

MOO

Mel

I don't know why but, when I listen to Kaine speak...I just don't get that feeling of him being a control freak. I almost feel like I see a man who just might have been kitty:cat:whipped by Terri...and not the other way around.

One who is a master manipulator is not likely to be the one who is pushed around.

jmo

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

snipped

In the spring of 2002, Terri Horman hit the gym, working out at Bally Total Fitness in Aloha for hours at a stretch. In mid-June, a seven-month substitute teacher's job at Lenox Elementary School ended. That same month, she met Kaine Horman at a restaurant when he was out with friends and the two started dating.

Desiree Young said that relationship broke up their marriage, but Kaine said they were already living separate lives in the same house. In August, when Desiree was 8 months pregnant, she filed for divorce.

Kyron was born Sept. 9.

At the time, Terri was living in a condo in Beaverton with her son. Jxxxxx, who was 8, remembers Kaine bringing Kyron over to the condo as a tiny baby.

My first assumption is that maybe LE hopes that KH or D will be able to speak to TH in a way that they are not. It's amazing sometimes the impact that one's family can have on a person.

Unfortunately, I personally don't think that KH or DY can do much to influence TH.

Also, I think they also want DY and KH to know the facts so that they continue to remember that she is dangerous, etc, and continue to focus on her.

THey may, and probably do, have way more info that they aren't sharing.

snipped:

At 2 a.m. on March 29, 1998, Horman was hit in her car by a drunken driver in Springfield. The accident had lasting repercussions.

"For a year, she had crippling migraines," Richard Ecker said. "Our life basically came to a standstill."

While struggling with a pinched nerve near her spine because of the accident,
Horman went to school, earning a bachelor's degree in elementary education at Northwest Christian University. Chuck Ecker, a high school teacher, encouraged his daughter-in-law to become a teacher.

"She seemed to like kids," he said.

I wonder if maybe the 30K was maybe part of a settlement for this accident?

There is probably some truth mixed in with a lot of warped perceptions of her life in Terri's email. If Terri had some sort of income flowing in every month, whether it was child support or unemployment, using it to help pay bills is fair. Staying at home to raise the kids and take care of the house was her job. Kaine went to work and she was essentially in charge of "operations".

Getting raised spoiled with the "I cannot do any wrong and entitlement mentality" doesn't mix well with alcohol and steroid abuse. It's an explosive combination. Kaine did see the signs of Terri imploding but didn't realize that it was going to be equivalent to a nuclear meltdown. This was partly because of Terri's ability to hide her complete true self and partly because of his denial, need to feel like everything is under control and not being involved enough. Unfortunately, the later happens a lot in households even when there is a festering problem. IMO, Kaine didn't want his son to move back with his bio mom, but didn't foresee what the cost would be for not letting him. If I were in his shoes, I cannot say I wouldn't either.

Terri's unemployment running out the day Kyron went missing is key. Any check over 10k has to get flagged by the bank and where that monies came from has to be confirmed that it didn't come from an illegal act. If Houze has accepted money from Terri that came from a nefarious act (i.e., selling Kyron) he could lose his license and even face jail time. I really, really want to know where that money came from.

snipped:

At 2 a.m. on March 29, 1998, Horman was hit in her car by a drunken driver in Springfield. The accident had lasting repercussions.

"For a year, she had crippling migraines," Richard Ecker said. "Our life basically came to a standstill."

While struggling with a pinched nerve near her spine because of the accident,
Horman went to school, earning a bachelor's degree in elementary education at Northwest Christian University. Chuck Ecker, a high school teacher, encouraged his daughter-in-law to become a teacher.

"She seemed to like kids," he said.

I wonder if maybe the 30K was maybe part of a settlement for this accident?

Maybe the 30K had a miraculous healing effect on Terri's crippling migraines and pinched spinal nerve to enable her to sit in classes to obtain that BA...

She didn't give up anything staying home with Kyron even after he came to live with her and Kaine during Desiree's medical treatment in 2004. She earned an M.A. (2004), competed in a body-building championship (2005), worked as a sub (2005), got a dui and charge of reckless child endangerment (2005), and had her own baby (2008). For much of that time, she and Kaine weren't married, not until 2007. Why would she be complaining that she was expected to contribute to the household?

I have a feeling her "30K" went to tuition, body-enhancing substances and alcohol.

I *never* realized that until now. I always assumed they were married from the get-go.

It appeared that she worked also managing some restaurants along the way while she was not subbing (or maybe nights while she was subbing) in 2005, 2006 and some of 2007. She let her teaching certificate lapse in 2007 (which was when she married Kaine).

Since being evicted from the Horman family home...wonder if that might be why her son, J**** came back to live with her in Roseburg.

After all, her income was severly bleak at that point and at least J****'s child$$support could bring a little bit of $un$hine into her pocket.

"At the gym, Terri complained to friends that Kaine didn't pay much attention to her and criticized her weight gain after having Kiara. Kaine denies ever complaining about her weight, saying she was the one who brought it up."

"She was always being critical of herself and I got tired of listening to it," he said. "She would complain about it and I would tell her, 'You know that I don't care what you look like. It's who you are that's important. Your weight doesn't have any bearing on how I feel about you.'"

Terri also told friends that Kaine tried to control her spending.

"Controlling with my money — yeah," Kaine said, "because she was spending all of it. She was going out and spending it like water and not checking with me where we should be spending our money."

Huh?

All I can say is that I would never, ever, be with a man who thinks so little of my education, my person, my mommy skills, that I would have to pay him to be a stay-at-home mom. Would never be interested in a man who needs to keep all material possessions in his name only, with no thought as to my future.

My mom was a stay-at-home mom and us children talk all the time about how lucky we were.

Could it be that Terri was thinking the same way? my opinion

There is probably some truth mixed in with a lot of warped perceptions of her life in Terri's email.

Lots of people here faulting Terri for complaining but, let's be real, isn't this what women do? (WARNING: This post is payback for all of the "men are clueless horndogs" posts on the other thread.) My wife has a very comfortable life, 3 great kids and a prince of a husband. But no marriage is without its occasional bumps in the road and no person is perfect, so when she gets angry with me about something, you can be sure that at some point she will vent a litany of every flaw I have ever exhibited and every misstep I have ever made in the past 20+ years. I hear it and I'm sure her girlfriends hear it too. I've heard my wife's friends vent about their husbands in the same way. I've always just accepted that most women never forget a man's failing, real or imagined, they just add it to the list that gets pulled out and reviewed whenever the need arises. So let's see a show of hands, how many of the ladies here have never made a "20 Things I Hate About You" list regarding their man or have never vented those items to a friend?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to make my real point: sometimes venting is just venting, just because a woman may keep such a list doesn't mean that list governs her relationship with her man every day. We vent, and, most of the time, we move on.

I'm glad we are talking about this again. I really didn't realize how busy Terri was and how much and where she worked, etc. before marrying Kaine. It says in that article that she had been on unemployment for the past 2 years, so that makes it around 2008 when the unemployment started. She had K in 2008. Also, from the article, it appears Kaine was a bit surprised that she got pregnant as they really hadn't planned on more children, supposedly. Also, I wonder why she picked the house out near Skyline. Does Skyline have a really good reputation or something? I get the feeling she really, really wanted to teach there. Or maybe moving enabled them to get a "fresh start" as a married couple. It would be kinda weird to live with your new husband in the home he shared with his ex - even though she did for 5 years (but they weren't married then, so there's that).

Lots of people here faulting Terri for complaining but, let's be real, isn't this what women do? (WARNING: This post is payback for all of the "men are clueless horndogs" posts on the other thread.) My wife has a very comfortable life, 3 great kids and a prince of a husband. But no marriage is without its occasional bumps in the road and no person is perfect, so when she gets angry with me about something, you can be sure that at some point she will vent a litany of every flaw I have ever exhibited and every misstep I have ever made in the past 20+ years. I hear it and I'm sure her girlfriends hear it too. I've heard my wife's friends vent about their husbands in the same way. I've always just accepted that most women never forget a man's failing, real or imagined, they just add it to the list that gets pulled out and reviewed whenever the need arises. So let's see a show of hands, how many of the ladies here have never made a "20 Things I Hate About You" list regarding their man or have never vented those items to a friend?

Yes, I admit we do that. But how many of us end up in the situation Terri Horman is in?

GUILTY as charged!!! Probably why I am single now, and I completely agree with you. Every woman does this at some point in time in every relationship. If she does not, she is a saint.

All I can say is that I would never, ever, be with a man who thinks so little of my education, my person, my mommy skills, that I would have to pay him to be a stay-at-home mom. Would never be interested in a man who needs to keep all material possessions in his name only, with no thought as to my future.

My mom was a stay-at-home mom and us children talk all the time about how lucky we were.

Could it be that Terri was thinking the same way? my opinion

I am the same way, I think I may expect too much from a man, but I am the same.

My mom was stay at home, and I always wished I could be. Yes, my mom felt trapped sometimes, maybe she wanted to get out more, get a job at times of boredom, and yes, she said these same types of things. She was just venting during times of frustration, and meant no harm to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo