TH's polygraphs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to LE, she lied about where she went that morning.

Was that a statement by LE? They had access to her for over a month 24/7, access to her home, land, cars, computers, questioning her for hours. Did LE come out and say where she should have been? SI was searched - waterways, swamps, dogs, helicopters, etc. Sorry, but I don't think Terri is that brilliant to have fooled LE, the FBI, and all those involved. I can't even put her into the 'psychopath' slot. moo

Hi Tiki, I agree with your bottom line ;}

I don't think what they are saying is slanderous however. They both know her very well and it seems the truth in their eyes, esp DY's, gives reason to why they should put so much public pressure on her telling the truth. After all, it is something she did not do right off the bat with LE :banghead:

I also think there is a subliminal message to her from them, that if she ever wants to see her little baby again she better tell the truth about what happened to Kyron !!! IMO

You're right - I should have said "could be slanderous" - if it were to turn out to be untrue. I agree that seems unlikely.

I posted somewhere else, tho', I really don't think TY and KH care if TH files a civil complaint against them.

I just feel better about it when they say "I think" first - Like we say here "my opinion". :innocent: (A little OCD hangover from teaching Communications and Ethics in the Media to first year college students.)

Whatever the reason for it, her silence must be so very frustrating to them.

In the month where Terri was available to LE 24/7 how do you know she didn't tell the truth? They have always said she is cooperating. How is she not helping LE? Maybe she simply doesn't have any more information to give them. moo

She could have given some more in the polygraph tests..had she bothered to complete them..JMO

As for how do i know shes not told the truth.. personally im not even sure she knows how to TELL the truth even.

JMO

IMO, I think LE is working so close with KH and DY because of the dynamics. I think LE really consults them in regards to TH's pysche if you will. From the interviews it sounds like DY pointed out every little thing that was hinky and went straight to LE because of her gut. It sounds to me like DY had her number from years of dealing with her. IMO DY is a smart woman when it comes to character. I honestly don't think KH was on board with DY's thinking early on. He wanted to believe his wife but when things went wacky he back tracked in his mind. It appears to me they are keeping them very abreast to what is going on. I do think having a family member in LE helps tremendously. JMO.

I may not know all of Terri's quirks and foibles like others do, nor does LE keep me up to the minute - but I do know a hatchet job when I see one.

My opinion only

Was that a statement by LE? They had access to her for over a month 24/7, access to her home, land, cars, computers, questioning her for hours. Did LE come out and say where she should have been? SI was searched - waterways, swamps, dogs, helicopters, etc. Sorry, but I don't think Terri is that brilliant to have fooled LE, the FBI, and all those involved. I can't even put her into the 'psychopath' slot. moo

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Story about the cell pings. This has been discussed ad nauseum in the press and on this board. I really don't feel like running around looking for more stories for proof.

I don't think Terri is especially brilliant either. I don't think they found Kyron on SI because he isn't dead and he isn't hidden there. I think she went down there to give him to someone.

I actually think LE is finding out Terri may not have lied and she may have been exactly where she said she was.I feel they put too much importance on the cell phone pings.

I actually think LE is finding out Terri may not have lied and she may have been exactly where she said she was.I feel they put too much importance on the cell phone pings.

You have misquoted me. I never said what you have attributed to me. eyes4crime wrote that. Please correct it.

Hi, all. Long-time lurking fence-sitter throwing in my 2 cents.

This case is heartbreaking on so many different levels, and none of it makes sense to me. Currently, one of the most confusing things concerns the focus (or lack thereof) on Kyron.

Kaine has stated over and over how he wants the focus to remain on Kyron. He even kicked two major publications out of his news conference for not being "team players." They were reporting on other family news and not on Kyron.

He then grants an interview to WW (one of the banished publications) and discusses TH and her PPD. Oops - focus comes off of Kyron and on to TH. He does the same thing with the Oregonian (the other "non-team player") and discusses when the marriage went wrong. Again, shift focus from Kyron to TH.

How is this keeping the focus on the missing child, when all of discussions are about TH, failed marriage, etc. IMHO, the focus is squarely on condemning this woman who has not been named a suspect or POI.

OK enough with the snarky. Everyone get back on target. Everyone has a right to their opinion. It doesn't have to agree with yours. And if you are baiting to get a negative reaction you are as guilty as the person who gives you that reaction.

SO KNOCK IT OFF.

Yes,I can give examples,this case as in like other cases.Like Haleigh Cummings ect.Thier poor cases became all about divorce,he said she said,slandering,anything,everthing that did not put Kyron at the center of this investigation.Kyron is longer the focus and it's obvious and it's very sad.I think it was maybe best when no one was saying anything.I pray they find Kyron soon.

Thanks for answering. I think it's a very blurry line, though, when people are looking at potential motive, opportunity, veracity, credibility etc. I started a big long post a couple of times, but my feelings on this are too complicated and long-winded lol So I'll just leave it at that. lol

I'm surprised she agreed to take a poly in the 1st place. No one can be compelled to do so and it's not used in a court of law. I'm always amazed when people think they can beat a polygraph test. I don't think it happens as often as people think it does.

love_to_dig said:

"Hi, all. Long-time lurking fence-sitter throwing in my 2 cents.

This case is heartbreaking on so many different levels, and none of it makes sense to me. Currently, one of the most confusing things concerns the focus (or lack thereof) on Kyron.

Kaine has stated over and over how he wants the focus to remain on Kyron. He even kicked two major publications out of his news conference for not being "team players." They were reporting on other family news and not on Kyron.

He then grants an interview to WW (one of the banished publications) and discusses TH and her PPD. Oops - focus comes off of Kyron and on to TH. He does the same thing with the Oregonian (the other "non-team player") and discusses when the marriage went wrong. Again, shift focus from Kyron to TH.

How is this keeping the focus on the missing child, when all of discussions are about TH, failed marriage, etc. IMHO, the focus is squarely on condemning this woman who has not been named a suspect or POI."

The scuffle with the papers occurred before the news of the murder for hire. I think they were afraid that news would get out before the right time. WW and the Oregonian were tipped off, I think, and Kaine and LE were trying to control that for good reason.

Now that it doesn't matter, they are allowed into the fold once again.

As far as all the talk about Terri, she is the key to where Kyron is. They are trying to pressure her, using psychological tactics devised and aimed with her specific mental weakness in mind, to give up what she knows. She is now nearly completely isolated, losing her home shortly, no job, few friends, baby gone, son gone, hopefully hitting rock bottom shortly so she will have nothing to lose and everything to gain by fessing up to what she has done. Brilliant tactics.

If there isn't any evidence known by the public domain - why is everyone convicting her? I'm assuming that I have missed important facts somewhere. TIA

Just have to say that facts known with absolute certainty aren't required, even in court. Facts determined through reasonable inferences are permitted. I think that's what people are mostly doing --drawing inferences. Of course we can disagree on whether those inferences are reasonable, but . . .

Hi there scandi - You have been here a long time - can you think of any other cases where divorced parents have held their own media events so they can cast blame on one single person - by name? I'm amazed the media has the time and resources for them to do that. TIA

Hi Eyes, No I can't and have racked my brain.

In Haleigh's case we had a couple of pressers at first, their TV interviews, etc. But it doesn't really compare as they didn't zone in on anyone in particular. Maybe because they are involved - who knows?

I think here we have white collar professionals as parents, a member of LE as a SD, all of which raises the bar in their creativity in finding A way through resources available to them, to bring their son home.

IMO allot of time has been spent conversing w/ LE, learning the strategies that will be successful in getting the truth out of the last person to have seen Kyron {acc to LE}. I think it has been a very scientific approach and they have drawn from experts like those in the FBI's BAU {behavior analysis unit} to match the strategy to the personality. We've discussed that, how to get into the mind of the Narcissist.

It is so unusual to see this public denouncement of a person before they are legally named a POI or Suspect. They might all agree she could keep it zipped forever. It could be the only way they think she will tell the truth, if it is the only way she will ever see her little girl again. The pressure point for Terri as I think she simply treasures that 'lil girl.

xox

ETA: I should add they realize time is of the essence in bringing him home if they really believe he could be alive. And that if there was someone else involved, as they intimate by their presser, the truth will come out eventually. I think they want to plant that seed in Terri's mind. Really, very cleverly put together when you look at all they have said ~ and what they didn't say.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Story about the cell pings. This has been discussed ad nauseum in the press and on this board. I really don't feel like running around looking for more stories for proof.

I don't think Terri is especially brilliant either. I don't think they found Kyron on SI because he isn't dead and he isn't hidden there. I think she went down there to give him to someone.

Sure, that's possible she gave Kyron to someone. Some kind of get-even revenge toward Kaine. I've always thought that might be possible, but still not a shred of evidence other than the pings...I cant rule out the possibility that she was set up or that he was taken by some perp. moo

Looks to me like LE thinks Kyron is deceased - they searched waterways etc. not places you would find a child alive. moo

Guess I'll have to wait for some concrete evidence before I jump to the 'guilty' side of the coin. moo

IMHO... Failing two and walking out on one before you are even hooked up is unacceptable..
IMHO.. In reference to children missing and parents who refuse or don't want to cooperate since so many claim LDT's are not always accurate, waterboarding should be legal...JMO

I feel your frustration. I agree with you up to a certain degree (I don't feel it is unacceptable to walk out on police when one has not been arrested, and I don't ever want waterboarding to be used as an investigative tool!) All persons, innocent or not, have the right to refuse a polygraph. These tests are not acceptable evidence in courts of law, and there are so many good reasons for that.......one being that discerning truth or lying in answers is highly subjective. I know you are also frustrated with those of us who point out the weaknesses of polygraphs, but it's not just laypeople who are aware of the problems. Polygraphs have not been able to rise to the level of accuracy the courts demand to be allowed as evidence.

I believe Terri knows more, much more, than she is telling LE, and if she knows where Kyron is, I wish she'd speak up. But "failing" a polygraph doesn't always denote guilt, and "passing" a polygraph surely doesn't denote innocence. (Not sticking up for her, just pointing out a quick, generic fact.)

I am so thankful for our civil rights in USA. Having been in other countries, I can tell you that we have one of the very best justice systems in the world. It isn't perfect, but it strives to be.

According to LE, she lied about where she went that morning.

I believe we have a newspaper report that quotes unnamed sources as saying she lied about her whereabouts that morning. While I take that into account, it isn't the same as "according to LE" to me.

Has it been verified by LE that they were indeed with her for an entire month? It was also my understanding it was not 24 hours, but that officers went home when the Hormans went to bed and came back the following mornings. Did I miss a report where they were indeed sleeping at the house as well?

I do not know if I agree Kyron is not still at the center of attention. If the SM is involved and this pressure on her gets her to speak about Kyron or whereabouts then it all works out for the best in the end. If she did anything to him, then the media is focused right where they need to be. If she is the wrong person (which IMO is slim chance as well) then it is a shame.

A gamble.

Also, maybe a good portion of a lie detector test is just to see if a) you will agree to take one b) if you will sit through one. I am sure people who have nothing to hide, vs. someone who does acts different. LE is looking for those clues.

Unfortunatly, Terri probably rang their bell. I think having attempted two, failing the first, walking out on the second and not attempting a third is a good indicator at being evasive. A lie detector test in itself seems like a minor thing to have to go through under their circumstances.

I have to agree on the water boarding, what if someone is absolutely innocent...

I have no idea what terri was doing/thinking during these polys. I've said it before, but unless someone has been arrested I can't point my finger at someone and not give them a fair chance. I'm usually wrong though.... I like all the facts before I jump fence. I do that with everything in life....

I wonder when the first poly took place?? That could really play into some brainstorming, since we know one was 10 days out.

I don't know if she is innocent or guilty. But I have seen people want to believe something so much that nothing can change their mines.... Just saying

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back