Tim Bosma: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich chgd w/Murder; Christina Noudga, Accessory

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On April 8, three men were brought before a Toronto court to face charges of weapons trafficking.

When contacted on Friday, Mathew Odlum, 27, confirmed his charge of trafficking a firearm was linked to the police's case against Millard.

"I think you might think that I'm a little more involved in this than I am," Odlum said. "We're going years back, this is from two or three years ago."

Odlum said his understanding is that police allege he illegally sold a gun to Millard. When pressed for details, he quickly got off the phone, saying he wanted to speak to a lawyer.

According to court documents, Odlum is co-accused with two others — Matthew Ward-Jackson, 26, of Mississauga, and Matthew Jackson Wawrykiewicz, 28, of Aurora.

Police allege all three trafficked a gun between June 1, 2012 and July 30, 2012.

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-s...liminate-hope-of-finding-laura-babcock-alive/

are we sure that's an/the incinerator?

1) the angle of the front looks less than the incincerator's
2) if the tool box is flush with the wall as it seems in pic #1 on kijiji, then there's no way the farm incinerator could be as flush with the wall considering the back side is angled out like the front side

incinerator @ farm: http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_...L.jpg?quality=80&size=650x&stmp=1368752559484

thoughts?

No we're not sure Redheadedgal that's why I posted this. What do others think? Cansleuther was the person who brought it to our attention and I do find it odd LE would release the incinerator if it had been used in crime. It does look like an incinerator but... smaller, older, well used?

It doesn't appear these pictures where taken at the hangar as the walls seem to be that of garage or workshop type building. Could be nothing or could be DM got the idea of an incinerator from another source. HTH.

Edited after seeing Variant's above post. Thank you Variant. So now we know what it more than likely is.

Wow all three gun guys are named Matthew.

On April 8, three men were brought before a Toronto court to face charges of weapons trafficking.

When contacted on Friday, Mathew Odlum, 27, confirmed his charge of trafficking a firearm was linked to the police's case against Millard.

"I think you might think that I'm a little more involved in this than I am," Odlum said. "We're going years back, this is from two or three years ago."

Odlum said his understanding is that police allege he illegally sold a gun to Millard. When pressed for details, he quickly got off the phone, saying he wanted to speak to a lawyer.

According to court documents, Odlum is co-accused with two others — Matthew Ward-Jackson, 26, of Mississauga, and Matthew Jackson Wawrykiewicz, 28, of Aurora.

Police allege all three trafficked a gun between June 1, 2012 and July 30, 2012.

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-s...liminate-hope-of-finding-laura-babcock-alive/

So the gun trafficking happened around the time of Laura's murder?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wonder why the range of time was so long? Do they not remember when they sold the gun or was it more complicated than that? June 1- July 30th is two months.

I wonder why the range of time was so long? Do they not remember when they sold the gun or was it more complicated than that? June 1- July 30th is two months.

The wording is also weird, "all three trafficked a gun". Maybe it was sold among all four people sequentially, ending with DM, during that time?

And while we're on this, I've gotten the impression from the WM thread that people think the gun charges were linked to WM's death. Has that been stated? I'm not clear on why DM would buy an illegal gun if he was going to stage it as a suicide anyway.

that is interesting. i assumed she was the person in the vehicle following the truck, but this makes it seem like she wasn't there. if she had been in the following vehicle, and left the scene before anything went down in the truck, would that leave her clear of any charges of that evening? That is of course assuming they had no evidence of her having knowledge of what was going to happen (which we have no way of knowing for sure at the moment)?

Maybe she is the one who took the phone to Brantford and threw it away there to try and keep the police away from where they actually were??? JMO

Wow, I wonder if they matched a bullet from the incinerator to the bullet the coroner had from WM...and all back to a gun DM got from the triple Matt's? IMO, LB may have been identified by dental identification, since teeth don't incinerate.

Wow, I wonder if they matched a bullet from the incinerator to the bullet the coroner had from WM...and all back to a gun DM got from the triple Matt's? IMO, LB may have been identified by dental identification, since teeth don't incinerate.

MsSherlock, can you tell me why the gun trafficking is assumed to be linked to WM rather than the other two murders? I feel like I missed an article.

And while we're on this, I've gotten the impression from the WM thread that people think the gun charges were linked to WM's death. Has that been stated? I'm not clear on why DM would buy an illegal gun if he was going to stage it as a suicide anyway.

Well perhaps WM didn't own any guns and he was found with a gunshot to the head. Or if he did, they were shotguns? Which are not a preferred method of shooting yourself due to their length? Even WM owning a shotgun didn't sit well with me because of WM's obvious love of animals. Why would someone who filmed documentaries on the horrors of killing animals, even being charged over it, own any firearms at all? And it appears as though DM had owned an illegal handgun for a few months. Which may have also been used in LB's murder but since her body was likely incinerated, DM would know that it could never be tied to that.

It also appears that someone did acquire a long gun at some point because it was seen, out in the open, on videos of the home after DM was arrested. That's not to say that it wasn't always there , even before WM's death, but it just doesn't seem like something WM would approve of. And I would think if it was the method of his death that LE would have perhaps taken that gun as part of their investigation. I wonder if they have the actual gun that was used? Obviously if it was an illegal firearm they did not leave it with or return it to DM.

Now if someone who doesn't own any guns wants to kill themselves and they have the kind of money that WM had, would it not seem possible for them just to go out on the street and acquire an illegal one for this purpose? At least that's perhaps what DM wanted LE to believe anyway.

MOO

Ok, that makes sense. I guess I had assumed there were already "legit" guns in the house, not sure why (maybe the rifle thing you mentioned).

Edit: thanks to both of you. I did miss that specific reporting. I see it says "a source" and we know how that goes. But it makes it sound like they either have the gun or some other hard evidence.

Perhaps the communications between all of these people were within this time frame and after July 30th, all communication regarding the gun stopped. So if DM was in contact with them to acquire an illegal gun and all of them were in contact with DM and each other only during this particular time frame then LE may have put it together as the time frame when the gun was purchased. LE may already actually have the gun if it was the one used in WM's murder.

There are possibly other people "in the know" about it who have come forward as well. I don't think anyone who knows anything about what illegal activities DM may have up to wants to see themselves dragged into this investigation as anything other than a witness if they were not actually part of any of that illegal activity. It's entirely possible that this was done in some form of written communication as well and LE were able to pull deleted email files or something from DM's computer.

MOO

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4...olice-believe-babcock-s-body-was-incinerated/

Homicide detectives believe Dellen Millard bought a gun illegally and used it to murder his father. And that he also murdered Laura Babcock and incinerated her body — just as he allegedly did with Tim Bosma.

The same source has told The Spectator that three men in Etobicoke have been charged with gun trafficking for allegedly selling a firearm to Dellen Millard, which police believe he then used to murder his father.

Now THAT would be interesting. To find out that LE found a bullet in the incinerator or buried somewhere on the property that matched the bullet that killed WM. Because if they've got the gun, confiscated after WM's death, that found bullet couldn't possibly be what killed TB.

Hmmm....

MOO

Stuff associated with one of the gun guys, can't find anything else yet:

Matthew Ward-Jackson, January 6th, 2014, drugs and weapons bust: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...t-loaded-ak-47-seized-police/article16222661/

I remember someone posting way back a long while ago about their suspicions of DM being somehow associated to drug/weapon busts in the Tillsonburg (I think) area...I don't even know how to even begin to find that post now.

Does anyone else remember that? Would be interesting to compare this to that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje