Tim Bosma: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich chgd w/Murder; Christina Noudga, Accessory

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever establish a theory as to why DM and MS haven't applied for bail? Do you think they will in the LB case? Or DM in the WM case?
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. TIA.

Did we ever establish a theory as to why DM and MS haven't applied for bail? Do you think they will in the LB case? Or DM in the WM case?

Well, IMO, the prevailing view here is that those in prison are guilty as charged, so they haven't requested a bail hearing wherein their guilt might become quite readily apparent when the prosecution presents its case for continued incarceration. (Evidently the AG was extraordinarily easily convinced they would be convicted, for example.) Alternatively, others hold that they haven't requested a bail hearing because they are either (a) being held for their own protection - and certain information they may be providing - possibly with respect to a much, much larger game that's afoot OR (b) their lawyers do not wish to tip their hand by inadvertently providing the prosecution with their defense OR (c) they will eventually shown to be absolutely innocent and thereby enabled to suck hundreds of thousands - if not millions - out of the public purse for their months of wrongful imprisonment, so meanwhile they just count the days - another day, another thousand bux. IMO. IMHO.

So, take your choice. There may be more possibilities. With regard to the latter three, the only wrinkle would be, IMO, in the case of DM, if he's held too long in solitary, his mind will turn into mish-mush, if it hasn't already - at which point that strategy would have failed, regardless of his guilt or innocence. IMO. So far, however, he reportedly seems to be quite copacetic - almost jovial - in his brief court hearings which, if I were a cynical doubting sort of a gal, might almost lead me to wonder where exactly he IS being held and under what conditions? Unknot yer knickers. Just thinking aloud here. As always, MOO, MHO, etc.

Anyway, we shall see. Eventually.

By that point LE would have known she was in contact with him that week and they would need to investigate as to what extent. MOO.
Sorry I thought I had quoted SnooperDuper's post #1370 when I wrote the above. That was SD's post about CN "may be a very important witness" at DM's first court appearance, according to Susan Clairmont.

So what's the update on MWJ, everybody's favorite weirdo? Wasn't he supposed to have a hearing re weapons charges today? I recall that his lawyer bowed out (I guess the Millards are financially better heeled) so who represented this poor misunderstood fellow?

Then, on Monday, we have more Matthews on the docket

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/matthew-ward-jackson

I wonder what MJ Wawrykiewycz's numbered company does.

http://www.bizapedia.com/canada/8430527-CANADA-CORPORATION.html

Looks like a residential addy according to google maps.

So what's the update on MWJ, everybody's favorite weirdo? Wasn't he supposed to have a hearing re weapons charges today? I recall that his lawyer bowed out (I guess the Millards are financially better heeled) so who represented this poor misunderstood fellow?

Then, on Monday, we have more Matthews on the docket

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/matthew-ward-jackson

I wonder what MJ Wawrykiewycz's numbered company does.

http://www.bizapedia.com/canada/8430527-CANADA-CORPORATION.html

Looks like a residential addy according to google maps.

I think today's hearing was on a former drug charge, not the weapons charge.

The numbered company is probably a laundry business. ;) JK

I thought she had to have written her exams by Aug 1 to get her degree? I wonder if York has some kind of "extenuating circumstances" rule that will allow her to make them up?
If not, I wonder what she'll have to redo...

She was in her fourth year and had just written an exam when she was arrested. I don't know what she was taking, but maybe she finished her exams for the year that day but still has more years to complete. Or she may have to retake the classes that she didn't write the exams for.

JMO

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4462499-clairmont-christina-noudga-appears-in-hamilton-court/

Right. Now I recall. He was charged along with a fascinating list of other alleged "colleagues" most of whom walked leaving him holding the bag (of drugs?). http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/seven-people-face-98-charges-in-mississauga-drug-bust-loaded-ak-47-seized-police/article16222661/I wonder if there's a clever tattoo for "PATSY" and any room left for it somewhere on his bald pate.

Could be a business set up to deal with all of the money he must be making from those amazing rap songs lol!

Their pictures have been plastered all over the media recently, media following them. Wouldn't you think they stood out more in public being overdress? Regarding the underlined part, it's kind of a little late now for her parents names not being released to the public. That happened last Thursday, second link. Ironically by the same journalist. JMO.

Christina Noudga, who is charged with being an accessory after the fact in the 2013 slaying of Tim Bosma, smiled as she left a Hamilton courtroom Friday, after being released on $100,000 bail.

The details of her bail hearing, as well as the name of her parents who are listed as her sureties, cannot be released due to a publication ban.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...iles-as-she-s-released-on-100k-bail-1.2731080

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...udga-bail-hearing-will-need-3rd-day-1.2723941

Attachments

• christina-noudga.jpg
    christina-noudga.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 108
I thought she had to have written her exams by Aug 1 to get her degree? I wonder if York has some kind of "extenuating circumstances" rule that will allow her to make them up?
If not, I wonder what she'll have to redo...

CN was nabbed early in the exam period (Apr 8 - 24, she was arrested on the morning of the 10th) so she likely did not complete all of her exams. York's "extenuating circumstances" rule only allowed students to make up exams until August 1. In some cases it is possible to pass a course without writing the final exam, but more likely she has a couple of courses she has to make up in order to get her degree. Since she only has to make up for her final semester, she'll likely be done by the end of the next semester in December.

At the time I looked up the programs that were running exams on the morning of April 10, and it seemed most likely to me that she was in a kinesiology program. Kinesiology is the study of the mechanics of body movements, sports medicine, all that. I assume that if this were her degree she could then go on to work for her parents' business. You want to go back to about page 24 forward in this thread for that discussion.

DM would have to apply for bail in all three cases to be free, I assume. MS would have to win bail in two cases. CN was only been held in one case. It's just that much simpler for CN to apply for bail.

Because they will come after you with criminal charges if you violate the publication ban no matter who you are.

So, what do you think aBro, having been present to the the hearings... are you (a) less convinced (b) more convinced or (c) unchanged in your certainty that DM committed the crimes of which he is accused? Same questions for each of MS and CN.

So, what do you think aBro, having been present to the the hearings... are you (a) less convinced (b) more convinced or (c) unchanged in your certainty that DM committed the crimes of which he is accused? Same questions for each of MS and CN.
I'm curious too! I think the question and its answer would not contravene the provisions of the ban. I hope you can at least share with us how you feel.

I'm curious too! I think the question and its answer would not contravene the provisions of the ban. I hope you can at least share with us how you feel.

I think making a judgement call on the quality of the evidence against DM, MS and CN is probably not allowable under the publication ban, otherwise reporters would already have let us know that there is "strong evidence" or "a weak case", etc. What if it were reported that there is strong evidence against CN and some righteous citizen decided to hunt her down and beat the truth out of her, on that basis?

Probably best to stick to topics like, are electronic monitoring bracelets compatible with skinny jeans? I think that's an allowable query.

Ann is a smart gal , I say dont push her , just read and listen and think

Best wishes

I think making a judgement call on the quality of the evidence against DM, MS and CN is probably not allowable under the publication ban, otherwise reporters would already have let us know that there is "strong evidence" or "a weak case", etc. What if it were reported that there is strong evidence against CN and some righteous citizen decided to hunt her down and beat the truth out of her, on that basis?

Probably best to stick to topics like, are electronic monitoring bracelets compatible with skinny jeans? I think that's an allowable query.

Yeah, I hear you Snooper, and I kinda, sorta, almost agree. Then again, the Attorney General of your province has expressed her opinion about the strength of the case and her certainty that a conviction(s) will be the result, so I'm not sure if a reporter's noodling about whether her own opinion has changed should break any spokes in the wheels of justice. I'm probably wrong about that, though. MOO.

As for the ankle bracelet as fashion statement question, here's a closeup. Doesn't look like they come in designer colours though. http://www.omnilink.com/electronic-monitoring/

OM210_Final-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members