Tina Porter Offers Support To Baby Lisa's Parents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm just as confused. Save correspondence? For what? What correspondence? Also, maybe just me but is the WS poster involved with TP's organization? The post says "we". Am I reading it right? Why is this poster inserting himself in this case? Is that normal for WS? I've only been a member here since June so I'm not sure.

A link to where the post was actually made would help. Maybe it's in reply to another post and I'm not seeing the whole discussion.

Wow. This poor family. I'd be pretty spooked too. TP went twice? I agree with those who have said, leave a card or something and when they're ready, they will call. We don't know what they're going through right now. I'm really sickened by all of this. People are keeping tabs of how many times this family refused help? Really? OMG!

ETA: People seem to forget they have 2 other children. Those poor kids don't need more trauma in their lives.

Lets just say that I now completely understand Stanton, and the convoy leaving, I would want the family out of door knocking range as well.

Here is the video including Tina Porter. I must say after I watched it I did find Tina Porter to be aggressive. If someone came to my door and said "I'm so and so and I want to talk to you". Whatever happened to please, or I'm here to help. Nope - just "I WANT". Wrong approach if you ask me.

I would have shut the door too!

http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/?watchId=ab7ea607-f35a-45c1-9886-5f309248a98e

MOO

Mel

Here is the video including Tina Porter. I must say after I watched it I did find Tina Porter to be aggressive. If someone came to my door and said "I'm so and so and I want to talk to you". Whatever happened to please, or I'm here to help. Nope - just "I WANT". Wrong approach if you ask me.

I would have shut the door too!

http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/?watchId=ab7ea607-f35a-45c1-9886-5f309248a98e

MOO

Mel

Wow. Look how dark it is. What time did she go there? Who knocks on someone's door at night like that when there are children in the home? :mad:

I'm just as confused. Save correspondence? For what? What correspondence? Also, maybe just me but is the WS poster involved with TP's organization? The post says "we". Am I reading it right? Why is this poster inserting himself in this case? Is that normal for WS? I've only been a member here since June so I'm not sure.

A link to where the post was actually made would help. Maybe it's in reply to another post and I'm not seeing the whole discussion.

Wow. This poor family. I'd be pretty spooked too. TP went twice? I agree with those who have said, leave a card or something and when they're ready, they will call. We don't know what they're going through right now. I'm really sickened by all of this. People are keeping tabs of how many times this family refused help? Really? OMG!

ETA: People seem to forget they have 2 other children. Those poor kids don't need more trauma in their lives.

My apologies...the original post can be seen here, post number 167

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153001&page=7

FWIW indepmo is a WS verified SAR

Verified professional posters are listed here....

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151079"]Professional Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

HTH

For the record, we made several attempts this week to contact the Irwin and Bradley family attempting to set up a meeting. Instead of them responding stating "we aren’t interested", our requests were never acknowledged. We had no contact information for them other than the official find.lisa FB page. I did save all correspondence in the event something like this was going to happen. We were going to move earlier on this, but with the difficulties with LE then every other speedbump in the road, timing has certainly been an issue.

bbm
:shocked2:

Wow. Look how dark it is. What time did she go there? Who knocks on someone's door at night like that when there are children in the home? :mad:

I won't attack her for wanting to help but i think judgement is off as to how she went about it in a big way. So much so that I understand the response from the family now

I also remember Gil's comment about how the parents seem close to collapse. They are hardly in shape for people waltzing up to the door.

jmo

I always thought professional SAR organizations wait on the family to call them for help. As far as I know, TES does this and only then will they get involved with a case.

Personally, if I had not answered someone's missives to me, yet they still showed up and announced themselves followed by, 'I want to talk to you.' I'd close the door. If they knocked again, I'd probably call the cops, too, because I'd think the lady obviously couldn't take a hint. I respect the hell out of Tina Porter, but she should have just left a card in the door, with her contact information and walked away. I don't understand why she made a big production of going there.

IMO

I won't attack her for wanting to help but i think judgement is off as to how she went about it in a big way. So much so that I understand the response from the family now

I also remember Gil's comment about how the parents seem close to collapse. They are hardly in shape for people waltzing up to the door.

jmo

There's a big difference with wanting to help and insisting, imo. From reading the post it sounds like they've made several attempts, the family doesn't reply but they went ahead anyway. In front of cameras and reporters? Really?

Again I want to say I think the ones trying to contact them are doing so in good faith. However we only hear about the high profile (Gil and TP) can you imagine how many looky loos and those with bad faith are also door knocking?

There is also no way for them to know who to trust and who not to at that point.

IMO at least one of the parents is innocent and in shock and whether involved or not i believe both are in shock. They are also trying to give their other two children some semblance of normalcy/routine while navigating LE who insist they killed their baby.

It is easy from the outside to blame and think we would do something but it isn't always so easy from the inside.

There's a big difference with wanting to help and insisting, imo. From reading the post it sounds like they've made several attempts, the family doesn't reply but they went ahead anyway. In front of cameras and reporters? Really?

True n/t. I am trying to be nice :)

I don't understand how it got to the media either since i am pretty sure it wasn't from the Bradley.irwins.

True n/t. I am trying to be nice :)

I don't understand how it got to the media either since i am pretty sure it wasn't from the Bradley.irwins.

I thought they were camping there in front of the house. They'd have seen it unfold in front of their eyes I suppose.

My apologies...the original post can be seen here, post number 167

FWIW indepmo is a WS verified SAR

Verified professional posters are listed here....

Professional Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

HTH

I did not know this, and I mean no harm to indepmo, I was expressing how I would feel and react. I personally would hide in a hotel room as media is at the door and on the phone non-stop. Anyone else I would ignore. I apologize if I offended anyone, I do not mean to. I would just expect a lot of privacy, and probably for a lot longer than most people need. I would be a raving lunatic.

I'm also certain I would be advised by JT, BS and LE to not talk with anyone other than them. I would follow that advice being that it is a criminal matter no matter how you look at it.

On the face of it, the way reads sounds like they treated Tina like crap, but I don't think so.

Tina tried to make contact several times...no answer (no response IS a response, IMO)
She showed up, 'I want to talk to you'... door shut
She went to the door again ....

Yeah, I might be fearful she's some stalker nutter.

I have read that they should have shown Tina common courtesy and not shut the door in her face, but I think it's the other way about; Tina should have shown them common courtesy and left them alone after no response to her initial contact attempts.

I'm sorry for Tina's tragedy, I can't imagine her pain, but she was in the wrong here, not the Irwin camp.

IMO

DB claims she sat on a stoop with a neighbor from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm getting drunk.. Meanwhile there were four children inside her home who were left unattended; one who she, herself, has claimed was sick, and a baby at that..
Who stays outside in the dark, sitting on a stoop drinking when there are children inside the home who need to be watched? JMHO..

What time does it become dark in KCMO this time of year?

For the record, we made several attempts this week to contact the Irwin and Bradley family attempting to set up a meeting. Instead of them responding stating "we aren’t interested", our requests were never acknowledged. We had no contact information for them other than the official find.lisa FB page. I did save all correspondence in the event something like this was going to happen. We were going to move earlier on this, but with the difficulties with LE then every other speedbump in the road, timing has certainly been an issue.

Post 167.

I had a problem with it until I read the bolded bit. You only do something like that when you know there will be trouble........and if you KNOW there will be trouble, don't do it. There's enough crap going on with this case without making more. This is about a missing child, peeps need to remember that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 167.

I had a problem with it until I read the bolded bit. You only do something like that when you know there will be trouble........and if you KNOW there will be trouble, don't do it. There's enough crap going on with this case without making more. This is about a missing child, peeps need to remember that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more, tehcloser. I also find this part odd: Instead of them responding stating "we aren’t interested", our requests were never acknowledged.

You weren't acknowledged. That doesn't mean you must try harder to insert yourself into this case! It means "drop it, and move on!" There are plenty of missing or endangered children out there, and this family doesn't want your assistance. Sheesh lady!

I don't understand why she would be so insistent to go and talk to them. :waitasec: It's really starting to seem like she now wants her 15 minutes. Why else try so hard to get to talk to the players in a high profile case? It's so strange too, considering the accusations against the parents being thrown around.

Couldn't agree more, tehcloser. I also find this part odd: Instead of them responding stating "we aren’t interested", our requests were never acknowledged.

You weren't acknowledged. That doesn't mean you must try harder to insert yourself into this case! It means "drop it, and move on!" There are plenty of missing or endangered children out there, and this family doesn't want your assistance. Sheesh lady!

I don't understand why she would be so insistent to go and talk to them. :waitasec: It's really starting to seem like she now wants her 15 minutes. Why else try so hard to get to talk to the players in a high profile case? It's so strange too, considering the accusations against the parents being thrown around.

Brought over from the "leaving with BS thread"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
BBM what???
First hand account of indepmo who was with her and whom seems to believe in the guilt of the parents was with Tina Porter.

Page 9 of oct 28 MSM thread that is now closed.

Quote:
Just visited the Irwin-Bradley (hideout) with Tina Porter. After she explained who she was a young gentleman stated they aren't available right now and to contact their attorney if we wanted to talk to them. Door shut in face.

Tina walked straight over to FOX 4 and KCTV 5 saying. "roll the cameras, roll the cameras" and really let go. Will post videos whenever they are online. (No, I didn't want to walk up rolling cell phone video as much as I would have liked to)

Indepmo, if you're reading (or anyone else who would know) may I ask if you attempted to contact the family via Cindy Short's office or Joe Tacopina's office? Just curious. Facebook is not a professional resource. It's a handy resource but not a professional one. So I'm just wondering if Facebook was the only attempt or was it one of many?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back