Tips to be released shortly

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe CA wanted LE to spend resources following up on these "tips." (Humming Twilight music.)

Seriously, scanning this stuff raises the issue of whether or not we are having a mental illness pandemic! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:eek::eek::rolling::rolling::rolling:

In all seriousness folks, I present you:

I had a brief vision of a 3' to 4' diameter I believe cypress tree with an
adjacent 1' diameter tree cut off about 10' feet from the ground. I thought of
Caylee.

I completely agree with everything you've said. Most of the less kookier conclusions in those reports could have come from anyone speculating the case, they wouldn't have to be pychic to guess that maybe Caylee drowned in a pool or she might be buried in the woods. But you and I may have a perfectly good theory or lead that we may want to report on a case. Maybe you call yourself a pychic and I call myself a sleuther. But our info and tip is the same. Does that make you an idiot? I don't think so. And could that theory or "vision", whatever you choose to call it possibly lead LE in the right direction? I say absolutely. If LE had felt that the tips they were getting were a waste of time, they wouldn't have encouraged it and I'm pretty sure from what I've read on the case that they have encouraged anyone to come forward.

I certainly don't think anyone would presume to imply that valid tips shouldn't be/have been reported.

On the other hand, I think that posters are commenting upon the substance of many of the vague tips and the verbiage used when filing them.

These are being provided to people are required to think logically (and outside of the box) on a daily basis - professionally.

What are LE's goals - and how do they approach them?
1. To investigate the FACTUAL circumstances surrounding Caylee's disappearance
2. To record all investigation, interview, follow-up, forensic, steps and tests that can/could be presented in a court of law, should it be appropriate/warranted/required.

The vast majority of the tips provided do not contribute to these goals.

Commonalities in the majority of the tips:
1. Defensiveness, and acknowledgment at the outset of the tip that this might be 'way out there,' &/or requires 'proof of concept' before giving further details. This implies that the tipsters themselves recognize that their tip will be scrutinized and evaluated for investigative worthiness.
2. Consistent use of 'passive' (i.e. emotionally abstract,) descriptors
a. dream, vision, intuition, feeling, message from beyond, etc.
^ the above are all very passive and none of them are assertive, factual, concrete terms

Let's test this out from a different angle. Let's use common terms and a commonly known cultural reference:
1. Passive Voice: "I think I might have seen a woman who resembles my Mom locking lips with some fat, old guy last night. He may or may not have had facial hair. I think there might have been some sort of greenery in the vicinity, but I am not sure. You should check that out. The guys' name/initials might include SC, SN or maybe even sound like Ho-HO, but I am not sure. Then again, I was half asleep, sleep-walking around the house, in my jammies, so I might have been dreaming. And I know I should have been in bed at the time to begin with."
2. Factual, assertive voice: I SAW Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night. It WAS underneath the mistletoe. I was 5' away on the stairs when I saw this. Santa Claus had a snowy, white beard. I couldn't sleep, so I got up and was wide awake at the time.

See the difference?

This is not to imply that all tipsters are Idjits; not by any means.

But, there are reasons why some tips are given a higher investigative value than others are. And rightfully so.

And, not to add to upset, but IIRC correctly, LE did shut down the tip line for a short time? I don't have the link or details at my fingertips, so maybe someone else could step in here, but didn't CA state that in one of her MSM interviews in mid-Sept.?

(p.s. enough seriousness - bonus points to anyone who gets the SN reference) :crazy:

Some of these are just hilarious.
In a shed in or around a building
Basic description of JG and saying that he took the child while Casey had nothing to do with it...definitely Cindy.
And lets not forget...look in the brown dirt. As opposed to the green dirt or the blue dirt or the pink polka dotted dirt. No it has to be the brown dirt.

Some of these are just hilarious.
In a shed in or around a building
Basic description of JG and saying that he took the child while Casey had nothing to do with it...definitely Cindy.
And lets not forget...look in the brown dirt. As opposed to the green dirt or the blue dirt or the pink polka dotted dirt. No it has to be the brown dirt.

I will say one thing.............since laughter is good for the soul, my soul is in GREAT shape tonight...........My makeup is certainly not..........but my soul is........

I certainly don't think anyone would presume to imply that valid tips shouldn't be/have been reported.

On the other hand, I think that posters are commenting upon the substance of many of the vague tips and the verbiage used when filing them.

These are being provided to people are required to think logically (and outside of the box) on a daily basis - professionally.

What are LE's goals - and how do they approach them?
1. To investigate the FACTUAL circumstances surrounding Caylee's disappearance
2. To record all investigation, interview, follow-up, forensic, steps and tests that can/could be presented in a court of law, should it be appropriate/warranted/required.

The vast majority of the tips provided do not contribute to these goals.

Commonalities in the majority of the tips:
1. Defensiveness, and acknowledgment at the outset of the tip that this might be 'way out there,' &/or requires 'proof of concept' before giving further details. This implies that the tipsters themselves recognize that their tip will be scrutinized and evaluated for investigative worthiness.
2. Consistent use of 'passive' (i.e. emotionally abstract,) descriptors
a. dream, vision, intuition, feeling, message from beyond, etc.
^ the above are all very passive and none of them are assertive, factual, concrete terms

Let's test this out from a different angle. Let's use common terms and a commonly known cultural reference:
1. Passive Voice: "I think I might have seen a woman who resembles my Mom locking lips with some fat, old guy last night. He may or may not have had facial hair. I think there might have been some sort of greenery in the vicinity, but I am not sure. You should check that out. The guys' name/initials might include SC, SN or maybe even sound like Ho-HO, but I am not sure. Then again, I was half asleep, sleep-walking around the house, in my jammies, so I might have been dreaming. And I know I should have been in bed at the time to begin with."
2. Factual, assertive voice: I SAW Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night. It WAS underneath the mistletoe. I was 5' away on the stairs when I saw this. Santa Claus had a snowy, white beard. I couldn't sleep, so I got up and was wide awake at the time.

See the difference?

This is not to imply that all tipsters are Idjits; not by any means.

But, there are reasons why some tips are given a higher investigative value than others are. And rightfully so.

And, not to add to upset, but IIRC correctly, LE did shut down the tip line for a short time? I don't have the link or details at my fingertips, so maybe someone else could step in here, but didn't CA state that in one of her MSM interviews in mid-Sept.?

(p.s. enough seriousness - bonus points to anyone who gets the SN reference) :crazy:

St. Nicholas:blowkiss:

Talk about confusing:

"Have not slept in 3 days due to having dreams while I am awake about what I am about to tell you. I am up late because I had to search a way to get a hold of someone that I know can make the following happen. There is nothing in this for me except for that precious little girl to be returned home is all that matters the mother Casey needs to be hooked up to the poloygaph (sic) and asked about every state in the united states one by one until she answers correctly."

~~~~~~

I guess they're going to quiz her on the Capitals...?

:Banane35:

Thank you for zoning in on that one - I could have missed it and I'm voting it the best (in a twisted sort of way) so far. Everyone, please show this LE lead to your children and tell them that this is what happens when people don't stay in school.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTibbits
Back