Tipster saw TH truck 6/4 AM near SI

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is very interesting to see the area.

Did they run over the squirrel? :eek:

No, this IS new.

Old news is: Mr Kelly saw a white truck the afternoon Kyron went missing and then late that night/early the next morning. There was no mention of hair color.

Old news is: A truck driver saw a gray truck that he thought had Kyron in it that weekend.

This is the first sighting in any "remote" area OR of a white Ford truck like the Horman's with a red head driving it.

I am confident that in 15 pages one of us would have realized if it was a repeat. We are pretty well versed in this case and between us all someone would have noticed.

OMG, 'the squirrel crossed the road', :D:D 'Did they run over the squirrel' :D Crack me up Ms. Now I gotta watch it again to look for the squirrel.

Was it a red squirrel ??? LOLOLOLOL

OMG, 'the squirrel crossed the road', :D:D 'Did they run over the squirrel' :D Crack me up Ms. Now I gotta watch it again to look for the squirrel.

Was it a red squirrel ??? LOLOLOLOL

I was going to ask that too... but I didn't think I could without then saying something that would get me in trouble. :innocent:

When I was 4 we ran over a squirrel. I asked my parents "why the he!!" they were not calling "the squirrel ambulance." :innocent:

I like squirrels, of the small furry kind, or other small furry creatures. Especially the one that's "Looking out for Kyron", I really like them when they will hold still for me to photograph them. :dance:

Forgive me if this has already been stated. I realize that LE generally would not respond to tips, even credible ones. This tip seems like one that would need further clarification though - like physically having the gentleman walk them through that morning. Maybe having him drive out would clarify where he thinks he saw the truck.

Unless of course, they already have hard evidence that she was in that area (besides the cell phone pings).

JMO

I think they'd want to verify the truthfulness of the tip before jumping to searching the lake. I'd hate for LE to waste time searching an area because of a false tip when they could be spending their time investigating something else.

I agree, there is no reason to routinely search or follow up a tip made a month after a sighting, if LE has had her cell pings, her bank and credit card receipts, store video, computer records, and witness statements for six weeks now. They have a precise record of where she was and at what time. If this tip doesn't match up with that, they have absolutely no need to respond or investigate it. Every "tipster" who decides he'd like a media interview is NOT reliable. If he wasn't sure what time he went to work, then how is he sure a month later that it was even on that day that he saw the truck. It could have been Thursday, or the following Monday, or two weeks earlier, who knows?

jmo

I am concerned about the 30- minute range he gives as to when he was driving on that stretch. If he was on his way to work, you would think he could narrow it down to within a few minutes, especially since he is quite specific about the rest of his information. Perhaps he leaves for work at a different time each day-has that been stated anywhere?

It is very interesting to see the area.

Did they run over the squirrel? :eek:

No, this IS new.

Old news is: Mr Kelly saw a white truck the afternoon Kyron went missing and then late that night/early the next morning. There was no mention of hair color.

Old news is: A truck driver saw a gray truck that he thought had Kyron in it that weekend.

This is the first sighting in any "remote" area OR of a white Ford truck like the Horman's with a red head driving it.

I am confident that in 15 pages one of us would have realized if it was a repeat. We are pretty well versed in this case and between us all someone would have noticed.

I had not seen the report of a grey truck before? in looking at the interviews with MC beside a truck, which I believe is his, does anyone other than me think it looks dark grey ? Maybe blue not sure..

My question is: what shade of blue is MC's truck? And, what color is the landscaper's truck?

Re: MC's truck--the person reporting the sighting called it a green or black, and is a guy. As we all know, women can tell the difference between beige and cream at 60 paces; guys not so much.

If MC's truck is a light blue, could it look green? Or, if it was spotted on a cloudy day--or even just underneath a lot of trees that created shadows and a stippled effect--could it look green or even blackish?

As for tips, they need to follow up on all potential sightings tips, IMHO. Supposition--suppose Terri is involved, and has an accomplice. Maybe a "Susan Smith" scenario, or maybe a "baby, I had to get my son out of the house; Kaine is acting so irrationally and mean, and I need to get Kyron outta there for awhile" and someone takes Kyron off to "protect" him. Or, whatever.

If she had an accomplice, maybe her cellphone was left in her truck on purpose. Maybe instead of being stupid, she was crafty. Or not.

But I'd sure like to know what exact shade of blue MC's truck is and what it looks like under shadows. Because this whole "sudden" sexting thing may not be that sudden--maybe he'd had a crush on her for a long time--and because he has a truck that could possibly be mistaken for a color reported in a sighting.

JMO.

The standard way of approaching hwy 30 from the school would be down conrnelius pass road. It is the most direct, straight forward road over the hill and down to #30. You would then make a left turn at the light and head for the bridge to SI if that was your destination. I believe there is a signal light for the left turn. If not, then coming down logie rd might make sense if you didn't want to linger at the intersection of cornelius pass and #30. There is a fair amount of traffic on #30. A right turn off cornelius pass would take you eventually to Portland. To drive out Skyline to Logie Road if your destination was hwy 30 makes little sense unless you are just driving around, want to explore, or don't want the extra visibility/traffic that cornelius pass affords. So, if she was on Logie Rd, if the tipster is correct in his sighting, the driver is either meeting someone, trying to figure out what to do, or is looking for a more secluded area. I just don't see this gal carrying a 7yo off into the woods, or into the drainage area by rainbow. Getting to Forest Park or onto Sauvie Island makes more sense as there are secluded spots, especially if the child, ( I can't bring myself use the name), was walking. I really think if she had to carry him, she had to have had help because of the risk of being seen. I don't see how she could have covered her tracks so throughly with such a tight timeline unless she preplanned and had help. All this is just my opinion. I pray that she gave him to someone and he is safe.

I've been thinking a lot about why LE might not respond to individual tips the way people would think. It's possible that when they get hundreds, what they do is categorize them and look for repeating patterns. They might have suspected she was in a certain area such as this one when they asked for video footage.

I'm guessing that detectives would go out of their way to avoid contacting an individual because for one thing that means another place for future info leakage to press.

this may have been asked and answered, if so I apologize...was it ever reported by the truck driver what time of day this happened ? Schools were in session on monday the 7th...(I believe)...the driver said the little boy seemed startled...was the little boy startled because the big rig squeeled his brakes, or something else? Color, to me appeared a dark grey to blue...jmo

I've been thinking a lot about why LE might not respond to individual tips the way people would think. It's possible that when they get hundreds, what they do is categorize them and look for repeating patterns. They might have suspected she was in a certain area such as this one when they asked for video footage.

I'm guessing that detectives would go out of their way to avoid contacting an individual because for one thing that means another place for future info leakage to press.

I agree with all you've said and also think it is kind of silly to expect LE to let you know they got your tip. Why wouldn't they get it? I'm pretty sure in a case as high profile as this, with so much potential for scrutiny a la Ramsey, etc. down the line, they have their tip line working properly.And the last thing they need is to spend time calling back tipsters, as this type of case really attracts all sorts, and many people are desperate to get "inside info" any way they can. They might misquote LE and do it in the press, if they had been called back, perhaps indicating that their tip was of more value than it was, i.e. These days, people do a lot of things for attention and a moment of "fame" and that includes injecting themselves into criminal cases.

If they do not search this specific area, they must know for sure that Terri was not/could not have been on that road at that time.

OMG...THIS HOUSE IS FOR SALE AND LOOK WHATS IN ITS BACK YARD.... I WONDER IF THE HOUSE IS VACANT... THERE IS A DRIVEWAY BESIDE THE HOUSE LEADING TO RAINBOW LAKE...http://www.estately.com/listings/in...nook-rd#listings/info/18445-nw-logie-trail-rd omg..I'M SHAKING... THEY NEED TO CHECK THIS OUT... GIVE THE LINK AMINUTE TO LOAD AND CHECK OUT THE PICTURES...THEN SCROLL DOWN TO THE MAP.. RAINBOW LAKE IS IN ITS BACK YARD..

There is a home/lot for sale on NW Morgan Rd also - which I believe might be the street the witness saw her coming from. House #20385.

Does landscaper or new romantic interest live down this road?

http://www.century21.com/property/index.jsp?id=36030642&campaign=listhub&refcode=C21homescape

The standard way of approaching hwy 30 from the school would be down conrnelius pass road. It is the most direct, straight forward road over the hill and down to #30. You would then make a left turn at the light and head for the bridge to SI if that was your destination. I believe there is a signal light for the left turn. If not, then coming down logie rd might make sense if you didn't want to linger at the intersection of cornelius pass and #30. There is a fair amount of traffic on #30. A right turn off cornelius pass would take you eventually to Portland. To drive out Skyline to Logie Road if your destination was hwy 30 makes little sense unless you are just driving around, want to explore, or don't want the extra visibility/traffic that cornelius pass affords. So, if she was on Logie Rd, if the tipster is correct in his sighting, the driver is either meeting someone, trying to figure out what to do, or is looking for a more secluded area. I just don't see this gal carrying a 7yo off into the woods, or into the drainage area by rainbow. Getting to Forest Park or onto Sauvie Island makes more sense as there are secluded spots, especially if the child, ( I can't bring myself use the name), was walking. I really think if she had to carry him, she had to have had help because of the risk of being seen. I don't see how she could have covered her tracks so throughly with such a tight timeline unless she preplanned and had help. All this is just my opinion. I pray that she gave him to someone and he is safe.

PERFECT description of those roads! And yes, there is a light on HWY 30 if you want to make the left turn onto Sauvie's.

And.. it got me to thinking..
When you leave the school on Skyline Rd and go down a short way to where it intersects with Cornelius Pass Rd....that intersection does NOT have a light. (Been on it many many times and I don't like turning left on to Corn Pass just for that reason)

It is easier to hang a right, versus trying to "cross" the intersection to continue on Skyline.. as you have to wait for both north and south bound traffic to be light enough to cross..

On a Friday morning you have commuter traffic, actually there always seems to be a lot of traffic on that road..

To my other question though..

Did the article change? I keep noticing posts about Logie Trail Road ..I went to the link referenced in the post below and could not find the *snip referenced .. BUT.. if it hasn't changed, he is claiming he saw her on one of the side streets before (north of) Logie Trail Road..
(poster below explains it better)

I still feel that if this is a credible sighting, maybe she had gone UP one of those roads earlier via HWY 30, and he perhaps saw her on the "return" trip as she was getting back on HWY 30..

And to expand on that thought..IF it was a credible sighting, perhaps she drove up one of the roads near Logie Trail Road, then perhaps decided to turn around back down to HWY 30 and continue on to Sauvie Island?

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...ring-police-sting/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Chas said he saw Terri Horman the day Kyron mysteriously vanished.

“I was on my way to work, driving down Highway 30,” said “Chas.”

It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

Maybe it's me, but I read what Chas is saying that Terri did not come out of Logie Trail Road but from side street north of Logie Trail Road.

Perhaps NW Morgan Road, which hugs the shore of Rainbow Lake? Do we know if Rainbow Lake was searched?

The only way into NW Morgan Road is from Hwy 30 so she would have to have gotten there from Hwy 30 as well.

Great find, great sleuthing. The internet is such an amazing thing. Someone discusses a sighting and bam, we can see with our own eyes where.
All you people who live in that area, you are so lucky. It's gorgeous.
But that road is very desolate and dense with foliage. If someone were trying to hide something, there are so many possibilities, a needle in a haystack. Also, although I think TH likely killed Kyron, I wonder if it is possible that she just dropped him off in a deserted place, alive, to get rid of him. "Here, go get some tree frogs, I'll be right here for a moment." I don't know, probably not, but it doesn't seem so easy for a woman to kill a 7 year old. I could see her more easily abandoning him in a rage or post-partum desperation, anger or whatever. I don't know.
Did anyone notice the softly playing music on this video of the road? Eerie. Bet this guy is going s going to wonder why his video is suddenly getting a bunch of hits.

BBM. Wondered that same thing. How terrible!

I have not read all of this thread - but can someone provide the link of video with MC next to his truck?

I'm left wondering what searches were done along Rocky Point Trail. You can take NW Skyline Blvd from the school all the way to Rocky Point. Then Rocky Poing connects with Hwy 30 - NORTH of Logie Trail Rd

There is a home/lot for sale on NW Morgan Rd also - which I believe might be the street the witness saw her coming from. House #20385.

Does landscaper or new romantic interest live down this road?

http://www.century21.com/property/index.jsp?id=36030642&campaign=listhub&refcode=C21homescape

BBM. OK, that place looks pretty creepy in the context of this thread. (Not that that means anything! If it weren't for this context, I'd be saying the opposite, I'm sure!) Appears there's no house, just a shop and approvals for a single home to be built. The swimming pool (not shown in the slide show) may have dated from the property's days as a "camping resort." I might just have to go for a drive to check it out!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895
Back