Tipster saw TH truck 6/4 AM near SI

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We've known about this sighting since the beginning of the case. It's not new news.

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubbles. I want him found yesterday,too.

That's what I'm afraid of. This being a small town Sheriffs dept. with a limited budget and resources, I'm afraid they won't have the sufficent manhours to follow up on all the tips coming in. I'm hoping they find Kyron soon, before this turns into another "cold case."

There's nothing "small town" about Portland, Oregon or Multnomah County!

http://factfinder.census.gov/servle...nomah+county&_zip=&_sse=on&_lang=en&pctxt=fph

In fact, it is the LARGEST county in Oregon:

http://factfinder.census.gov/servle...PEP_2009_EST&-_lang=en&-format=ST-2S&-_sse=on

I'm behind on this thread so forgive me if someone else has already let you know that we are not a small town. ;)

We've known about this sighting since the beginning of the case. It's not new news.

Hi! -)
I must have missed that.. when was this sighting reported? =) TIA =)

Hi! -)
I must have missed that.. when was this sighting reported? =) TIA =)

Hmmmmm, Acc to 'Chas' it was about 10 days {from when he evidently contacted KOIN News and they made the video} ago which is when he saw the flier with the truck photo on it that he first really made note of the case and put it together, calling LE for the first time.At least that's how I understand it. That flier was put out there on June 18th.

The time to me is not a relative point it is so close, as he might not have seen it the day it came out, he's not a crime junkie that we know of. LOL

Hmmmmm, Acc to 'Chas' it was about 10 days {from when he evidently contacted KOIN News and they made the video} ago which is when he saw the flier with the truck photo on it that he first really made note of the case and put it together, calling LE for the first time.At least that's how I understand it. That flier was put out there on June 18th.

The time to me is not a relative point it is so close, as he might not have seen it the day it came out, he's not a crime junkie that we know of. LOL

LOL, things are a movin' too fast here=)

I was referring to this part of the post =)

Sorry, not true. This Chas siting is a totally new and different siting. I've been with this case since the beginning and it is my strong belief that this siting is new. The old siting you might be referring to was either: the siting of a truck with a boy in it that looked like Kyron (siting was June 5) OR the siting that neighbor Kelly says a white truck came down his dead end street on June 4 and also at 2 am June 5.

This new Chas siting says he saw Terri the morning of June 4. The location he states he saw her in, is totally different than the locations of the other two/three sitings.

OMG...THIS HOUSE IS FOR SALE AND LOOK WHATS IN ITS BACK YARD.... I WONDER IF THE HOUSE IS VACANT... THERE IS A DRIVEWAY BESIDE THE HOUSE LEADING TO RAINBOW LAKE...http://www.estately.com/listings/in...nook-rd#listings/info/18445-nw-logie-trail-rd omg..I'M SHAKING... THEY NEED TO CHECK THIS OUT... GIVE THE LINK AMINUTE TO LOAD AND CHECK OUT THE PICTURES...THEN SCROLL DOWN TO THE MAP.. RAINBOW LAKE IS IN ITS BACK YARD..

It's not vacant but is for sale/in foreclosure. This is Kyron's next door neighbor's house - the one where the grandmother allowed her grandson (TP) to be interviewed by local media. TP is the classmate discussed in the electric project thread.

EDIT: The Sheltered Nook house is the neighbors...the link you provided shows that first and then later resolves to the Logie house. I wrote my reply to you and then saw the site resolved to another house. You can find the Sheltered Nook one for sale too - but I see now that's not what you were referring to. :)

That was weird. The first house that pops up is on Sheltered Nook Rd. Then it skips over to the one on Logie Trail.

What are the odds?

I know! I saw the Sheltered Nook one pop up and then replied about it as I already knew the Sheltered Nook house was already for sale; the one where Kyron's classmate was interviewed, courtesy of his grandmother.

But then, the site resolves to the Logie house. It is strange that it would do that but I'm glad you saw it too!

*respectfully snipped*

Hi, are you talking about the Cornelius Pass car tour video? I remember seeing it when this case first broke and haven't been able to find it since. If anyone happens to have a link to the Cornelius Pass car tour, the one with the music playing... I would very much appreciate the link again. I liked that video. Thanks a bunch! :)

btw, I agree with you, from the start I believed she acted alone and drove to the predetermined dump site in record time. I believe everything was well planned in advance. Imo. She knows the area very well.

Hi Suzet. I was referring to the Logie Trail convertable mini cooper tour that was posted on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread.

BBM. Are you talking about Morgan Rd? I see several secluded places right by woods to pull over. Can even pull pretty far back. It's really making me nauseous.

I agree, it is making me sick as well. :(

It appears that Rainbow Lake is easily accessible from Morgan Road. There is one spot with a large place to pull over and not many trees to get through to the lake. Maybe a local could go take pictures and see how close it REALLY is to the road? If it was literally not far off the road it might be worth the risk of being spotted to pull over right there and not have to deal with going through the trees. It'd take less than 5 minutes and you'd be on your way again.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...17,-122.866813&spn=0.003434,0.006899&t=h&z=17

ETA: Not only that, but for Terri to risk driving out in the middle of nowhere, in a truck with starter troubles, risking getting stranded and having to explain why? And then to have a baby in the middle of that scenario? That is, if this sighting turns out to be true?

SBM

I wouldn't even turn off my truck in that type of area. It is entirely possible that they have both a key and a remote. I can leave my truck running, set the park brake and lock it with the remote. I do on a regular basis when I am not getting the kids out, like when I get out in areas like this to take pictures right outside the truck. Even if she couldn't lock it, in an area like that you wouldn't be too concerned about somebody stealing your truck. So she wouldn't need to worry about turning the truck off...and if there really was starter problems that is generally a sudden thing so there wouldn't have been signs.

As far as the credibility of the tip goes:

I am not at all surprised that he didn't come forward immediately.

I live in Utah

I was in West Valley the night Susan disappeared

I STILL could not tell you exactly what van Josh Powell was driving. Though I could tell you almost everything else about the case. That is somebody from HERE, so a regular person definitely can't be expected to know all these things.

If a tip is not credible after a month, then they need to stop coming out and begging for that "one tip that will solve this". Many people several years later when a case is solved with their tip have said "Well, it had already been a month so that they wouldn't take me seriously when I called the first time." Quite sad. I would HOPE that if anyone knows anything about my cousin's murder, they would come forward. I don't give a crap that it has been 33 years and 2 months, I would take anybody seriously.

I am also not surprised that he didn't notice children, if he didn't. A guy likely wouldn't have noticed children, even if they were visible (my Dad would be too busy checking out the woman.)

Plus, I think if this WAS her she did not have Kyron anymore. If she DID have a homicide victim in her vehicle I highly doubt she had him sitting up in the seat next to her. :waitasec:

I know! I saw the Sheltered Nook one pop up and then replied about it as I already knew the Sheltered Nook house was already for sale; the one where Kyron's classmate was interviewed, courtesy of his grandmother.

But then, the site resolves to the Logie house. It is strange that it would do that but I'm glad you saw it too!

It's probably because those properties have been pulled up so much due to this case. xox

PS: Tonight I guess I'll try to pull up the plat map for the Sheltered Nook properties. It showed the 3, Horman's, the grandma's and the preacher man's accross the street. I wish I could remember who posted that.

I want to see how close Logie Rd comes to the Horman property in back, how accessible it is. What would be safer, to dispose of someone on the back part of one's own property so you could keep an eye on it! I am really beginning to think this was premeditated all the way down the line by a diabolical person who just isn't very focused. Hope it is OK to say that. I tried to be low keyed with my adjectives. LOL

Calliope,
not only did I see the white truck,but before that it looked like a squirrel crossed the road .
Even though it was taped over two years ago, I don't think it was a coincidence you found it today.

Maybe this tip IS it.

It is very interesting to see the area.

Did they run over the squirrel? :eek:

No, this IS new.

Old news is: Mr Kelly saw a white truck the afternoon Kyron went missing and then late that night/early the next morning. There was no mention of hair color.

Old news is: A truck driver saw a gray truck that he thought had Kyron in it that weekend.

This is the first sighting in any "remote" area OR of a white Ford truck like the Horman's with a red head driving it.

I am confident that in 15 pages one of us would have realized if it was a repeat. We are pretty well versed in this case and between us all someone would have noticed.

I agree, it is making me sick as well. :(

It appears that Rainbow Lake is easily accessible from Morgan Road. There is one spot with a large place to pull over and not many trees to get through to the lake. Maybe a local could go take pictures and see how close it REALLY is to the road? If it was literally not far off the road it might be worth the risk of being spotted to pull over right there and not have to deal with going through the trees. It'd take less than 5 minutes and you'd be on your way again.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...17,-122.866813&spn=0.003434,0.006899&t=h&z=17

Google Street View shows just how convenient that little pull-off really is. Hook up Street View on Hwy 30, then turn into Logie Trail, the pull-off is right there in plain sight.

If this tip is accurate, then I am pretty certain we are dealing with a container or some other kind of concealment. If she did have someone see her tossing "something" in the water or woods... she sure didn't want it to be obvious what it was.

Google Street View shows just how convenient that little pull-off really is. Hook up Street View on Hwy 30, then turn into Logie Trail, the pull-off is right there in plain sight.

I was talking about from Morgan Rd which doesn't have the street view yet apparently. There is no houses on Morgan Rd near Rainbow Lake that I could see. There is one turn off almost immediately after you turn off Hwy 30 from what I can see. Then a few smaller ones that would be better hidden but I don't know how small they actually are. Then you still have a half a mile with the forest area, after you get past Rainbow Lake...before you get into the houses.

King Rd quickly connects to Morgan Rd. So no matter which one she was on, she could have come out of the either. King Rd also has a lot of houses except for an area right after you turn off Hwy 30. No access right there to water though, just trees.

The other side of Rainbow Lake has numerous houses along Logie Trail Rd. So although it does have a big turn off, plus that perfect driveway that goes straight to Rainbow Lake...right off Hwy 30...I figured Morgan Rd was more likely. There is plenty of room to pull over right there ON Hwy 30 and that would probably be best to not have someone stop and offer help because it's a more main road.

I do not see a connecting road at all between Morgan Rd and Logie Trail Rd. So if she came out north of Logie Trail, I don't think she had just come from there.

There is also water on the other side of Hwy 30 right there at King and Morgan Rd, but it appears to access it you have to go south of Logie Trail Rd, or way north and then you'd come out south of Logie Trail Rd. That same way north spot also takes you right to the Columbia River, past the Wildwood Golf Course. Or you can go up the road right there and access it from a more deserted area before the marinas and all of that.

I haven't gone through all the pages of the thread and I'm not sure if this would be the place to put the link to this website...BUT I took a virtual tour of Logie-Trail Rd. this evening...Plus if you have ANY address of any home in the country you can find it on this website. It was nice to see the home I grew up in for 25 years. Here's the link:

http://www.vpike.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06
Back