Tire Tracks, Shoe Prints and DJH's cars

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would really like to know what the red stain on the rear right tire is in that photo!

Its nothing , oil leak or something on the garage floor , likely automatic transmission fluid , it is red like that.

Question: Didn't the boys say "black boots" for Jacob's abductor? These DH shoes are white tennis shoes. So am I confused and black boots were only mentioned for Jared's case? Or maybe boys imagined black boots? Or there were two perps.
I believe black boots were mentioned only by JNS and the boy attacked in late summer of 1987. The boys with Jacob described a nylon-like mask, dark coat, dark pants, and dark shoes. pdf pages 11 and 51

When DJH was questioned on December 16, 1989, he denied ever wearing fatigues and Army boots when off duty from the guard. A pair of lace-up black boots was among items seized from his residence in January 1990.

The tennis shoes were turned over by DJH on January 12, 1990. He said they were the only pair he owned, and he'd purchased them at Sears a year earlier. So, either the boys were mistaken about the color of the shoes, or at one time he owned a similar dark pair of the same type, which he discarded after Jacob was abducted. I think that's a possibility.

The front and rear tire prints appear to match up with all the photographs and stills from video I have. The wavy pattern shoe print appears to match up with the one wavy pattern print we were discussing about a year ago. When you add the two together, it's pretty damning evidence. I would need to look at everything in person to render a 99.9% opinion..but this is as close as it gets for us on the internet.

The front and rear tire prints appear to match up with all the photographs and stills from video I have. The wavy pattern shoe print appears to match up with the one wavy pattern print we were discussing about a year ago. When you add the two together, it's pretty damning evidence. I would need to look at everything in person to render a 99.9% opinion..but this is as close as it gets for us on the internet.

It's interesting that you can be so sure and yet they had this info back in 1990 and nothing came of it. And what do you think about Kevin's tracks? Were they there or non-existent? They would have had to be driven over the perp car racks as Kevin was there after. And with such damning info on DJH, why was DR put through the wringer? Something is just not making sense.

And they dug up DR's farm in 2010 even with this info. What can that mean?

It's interesting that you can be so sure and yet they had this info back in 1990 and nothing came of it. And what do you think about Kevin's tracks? Were they there or non-existent? They would have had to be driven over the perp car racks as Kevin was there after. And with such damning info on DJH, why was DR put through the wringer? Something is just not making sense.

I can only tell you what I see between the new pictures of tires and the shoes...and the photographs I have seen and screen shots from video. That and applying around 50 years of looking at tire and foot prints. Is it 100%? No. Is it greater than 60%? In my opinion, Yes.

It means there is a whole swath of information we still don't have yet. Therefore, tread lightly until we do.

Here is what we must pay attention to .... the suspects car had pulled a bit to the side of the driveway to park.

As a result the place where tire and shoe prints were imprinted was the very center of the road , right between where normal tires would travel (Kevin etc)

Your question was a good one , and had baffled many other folks as well

/

Attachments

• wetterling dh shoe and tire 2.JPG
    wetterling dh shoe and tire 2.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 106
Here is what we must pay attention to .... the suspects car had pulled a bit to the side of the driveway to park.

As a result the place where tire and shoe prints were imprinted was the very center of the road , right between where normal tires would travel (Kevin etc)

Your question was a good one , and had baffled many other folks as well

/

That is a mean looking driveway. I think the POI thought it was a mininum maintenance road just like the one he assaulted JS on. I always knew I saw parked imprints in that picture. Please tell us LE, why on earth did you rule out a vehicle?

That is a mean looking driveway. I think the POI thought it was a mininum maintenance road just like the one he assaulted JS on. I always knew I saw parked imprints in that picture. Please tell us LE, why on earth did you rule out a vehicle?

I think I know what happened (my guess) ... police were (correctly) focused on a car because of the tracks and Jacobs footprint ..... then many years later Kevin came forward and said it was him who drove down the driveway ... at that point police (incorrectly) quit looking for a car and (wrongly) focused on DR because he lived right there and would not have used a car

Trouble is Kevin likely drove on the normal part of the road ... and the off-center tracks were never his and police didn't realize it until now. In other words the tire-shoe tracks were the kidnappers all along and police made a mistake by disregarding them after Kevin showed up.

Now I think they got it right.

Question: Didn't the boys say "black boots" for Jacob's abductor? These DH shoes are white tennis shoes. So am I confused and black boots were only mentioned for Jared's case? Or maybe boys imagined black boots? Or there were two perps.

A Star Tribune article from 10-24-1989 indicates black boots. It quotes Trevor's description of the abductor, but from what I can tell, the part about black boots was from the sherriff.

Grafft said an account of the abduction provided by Jacob's brother, Trevor, 10, is credible and authorities assume the boy has been kidnapped. Trevor said that he, Jacob, and Aaron Larson, 11, were returning on bicycles from a convenience store a mile from home where they had rented a videotaped movie. The area is about 5 miles west of St. Cloud.

They were about halfway home when a man wearing dark clothing, black boots and carrying a pistol walked out of a long gravel driveway leading to a farm.

"He had a mask; it looked like pantyhose, on his head," Trevor said. "He told us to get off our bikes or he'd shoot. We did what he said. We laid in a ditch and he asked our ages."

Doyle, P., & Writer, S. (1989, Oct 24). St. joseph boy, 11, kidnapped at gunpoint. Star Tribune

I think I know what happened (my guess) ... police were (correctly) focused on a car because of the tracks and Jacobs footprint ..... then many years later Kevin came forward and said it was him who drove down the driveway ... at that point police (incorrectly) quit looking for a car and (wrongly) focused on DR because he lived right there and would not have used a car

Trouble is Kevin likely drove on the normal part of the road ... and the off-center tracks were never his and police didn't realize it until now. In other words the tire-shoe tracks were the kidnappers all along and police made a mistake by disregarding them after Kevin showed up.

Now I think they got it right.

But they knew the shoes matched DH and the tires matched DH's car. Shouldn't that be enough? It placed him at the scene of the crime. And knowing this, DR should NEVER have been named POI unless he was actively helping the investigation which clearly he was not. The Exp had mismatched tires that matched up with the tire tracks in the driveway right next to Jacob's last print and the shoe prints that matched DJH's as well. If I remember correctly, Kevin was driving a car that had brand new tires which would clearly be different.

Is it possible that DJH brought Jacob's body back after all the searches to DR's farm were over with and dumped him there in an attempt to frame DR? The news did state that the owners of the farm were away at the time of the abduction and that their adult son was there by himself. Could DJH have tried to frame DR to keep the heat off of himself? Maybe DR found a deceased Jacob on his property and knew that he was the #1 suspect at the time, panicked and disposed of Jacob's body? How else could he explain Jacob's body being found after all of the searches on his property? Just a wild theory but it would connect DR and explain why he is POI. Maybe DR did put Jacob in that wood trunk and dispose of him somewhere in a panic. He really does not behave the same as many people. And he does appear guilty in his words and some actions. Could this be why?

When did they call off the search at DR property? If I recall,they initially thought that there was a car involved and that Jacob was likely not at the DR farm.

Just in case SCSD is looking at this thread...

All foot prints and tire prints have unique indicators and pressure releases. With regard to the tires, the moment a tire hits the road, it begins to wear and exhibit particular and unique indicators such as wear marks, imprints from objects, cuts etc. These all transfer into the tracks as "negative" images. They are as unique as finger prints. No two tires will wear the same way given caster, camber adjustments of the front end, driving habits of the operator and contact with objects. Tire prints can be matched to a particular tire with a 99.9% accuracy. With regard to foot prints, what is true about tires is also true about the soles on shoes with an added feature, when a person walks, the prints have stride, straddle and pitch. They are unique indicators. Added to the wear marks on shoes that transfer into the print, they further limit the number of individuals in one place wearing the same style shoe. Now add pressure releases and you have a one in 100 million chance that it was any other person than the one you have tied these particular indicators to. No two people on the face of the earth wear their shoes out exactly the same way and walk in the same way wearing the same make and model of footwear. If the shoes are a dead match for the foot prints and the tires are a dead match for the tire prints when all the factors above are taken into consideration, you have your perp.

Just in case SCSD is looking at this thread...

All foot prints and tire prints have unique indicators and pressure releases. With regard to the tires, the moment a tire hits the road, it begins to wear and exhibit particular and unique indicators such as wear marks, imprints from objects, cuts etc. These all transfer into the tracks as "negative" images. They are as unique as finger prints. No two tires will wear the same way given caster, camber adjustments of the front end, driving habits of the operator and contact with objects. Tire prints can be matched to a particular tire with a 99.9% accuracy. With regard to foot prints, what is true about tires is also true about the soles on shoes with an added feature, when a person walks, the prints have stride, straddle and pitch. They are unique indicators. Added to the wear marks on shoes that transfer into the print, they further limit the number of individuals in one place wearing the same style shoe. Now add pressure releases and you have a one in 100 million chance that it was any other person than the one you have tied these particular indicators to. No two people on the face of the earth wear their shoes out exactly the same way and walk in the same way wearing the same make and model of footwear. If the shoes are a dead match for the foot prints and the tires are a dead match for the tire prints when all the factors above are taken into consideration, you have your perp.

I read in one of the recent articles that LE said they were not any “unique” marks, but the tire tracks and shoe prints were “consistent.” I’ll see if I can find the link that showed what percent they felt they matched by - without being 100%.

In this article, (which has a lot of other good videos pertaining to the case) they said they are consistent…
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/29/danny-james-heinrich-what-we-know/74831544/

”Investigators said Thursday Heinrich’s vehicle tire tracks and shoe prints gathered in 1990 are “consistent" with evidence gathered from Wetterling scene."

This is probably why LE did not want to share photos with you, Tracker. They knew you’d pick up on what really matched.

I read in one of the recent articles that LE said they were not any “unique” marks, but the tire tracks and shoe prints were “consistent.” I’ll see if I can find the link that showed what percent they felt they matched by - without being 100%.

In this article, (which has a lot of other good videos pertaining to the case) they said they are consistent…
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/29/danny-james-heinrich-what-we-know/74831544/

”Investigators said Thursday Heinrich’s vehicle tire tracks and shoe prints gathered in 1990 are “consistent" with evidence gathered from Wetterling scene."

This is probably why LE did not want to share photos with you, Tracker. They knew you’d pick up on what really matched.

I don't think they gave a percentage.

Warrant: http://www.scribd.com/doc/287785448/103015-N-fns-Wetterling-heinrichSearchWarrant
tires.JPG

Complaint: http://www.scribd.com/doc/287767126/Heinrich-Criminal-Complaint
tire3.jpg

Reporter who was in courtroom today:
https://twitter.com/vsawkar/status/661972151872782336

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads