Tire Tracks, Shoe Prints and DJH's cars

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is not the thread for discussing DR related topics.

(Stop telling posters what to think. Shaming is something that is very bad especially if you use it on your children. It is implicated in all kinds of mental health issues)

DR went down that driveway in the morning. I am wondering why he would do that and contaminate the crime scene. He has stated he helped to search so he knew about Jacob,

And as I stated above, I wonder if he did not hear about it on the news as well.

Interesting how the users who want to implicate DR are given their own thread to discuss everything DR on. Instead they take there DR related opinions onto all the other threads. Please report to moderators if you find comments on DR on the non DR related threads.

Hm. Did DR go down the driveway or did he not go down the driveway where the tire prints and footprint were located?

Why.,yes he did.

Yep. Now post it over in the DR forum so you and Sas can debate it.

Hm. Did DR go down the driveway or did he not go down the driveway where the tire prints and footprint were located?

Why.,yes he did.

The front of the print is deeper than the center, but not fast enough to push back a ridge, plate or plate fissure. Moving forward as climbing into a car.

I think you are the most valuable person regularly posting here, many thanks.
Is there any other implied action that this suggests? For instance, would it equally work for climbing onto a bike, a motorcycle or someone's back?
If it's this easy to confirm from this picture that Jacob was put into a car, why did LE go on Cnn and to the world with a new theory that the abductor is local and on foot? Why not instead keep focusing on use of a car and not confusing the public?

I very much appreciate your posts that look at different ideas. But I have to say that speculating on other people's speculation is really of questionable value IMO. When you are trying to guess why the police did this or that, you are making a guess as to why the police are making a guess. Why not just eliminate the middleman and rely on the evidence we have? In my view evidence like tracks reveals a clue regardless of what direction the police are headed in this case.

You think this way as an adult. Think as a child. Watch a child climb into a vehicle. They face the door, get a grip on something (like the door armrest), put one foot up on the door ledge and pull themselves forward. In this case he may have been pulled or prodded forward.

Very helpful, thanks.

I've been trying to duplicate the track myself. The main ways I can see to make a track like this is by getting into a car or jumping up.

Because it did not fit with the POI they were focusing on and they did not know about Kevin?

I think it's valuable to hear that the police can discount evidence which does not fit into their currently preferred scenario. Thanks.

I forgot to note that there is no "lean" indicators in the print nor deeper spot near one side of the toe, so Jacob was not thinking about turning away and trying to run. There is also no "stutter" which would indicate hesitation.

Probably out of fear, but nevertheless this implies Jacob was cooperative in some sense. Correct?

Move your comments to the DR board please. This if for tire Tracks and Shoe Print discussion only. STOP trying to steer your loaded comments towards DR. This is exactly why these child boards were created.

Agreed.

It's hard to focus on valuable new information -when it occasionally arrives- if the thread topic is repeatedly changed.

Interesting how the users who want to implicate DR are given their own thread to discuss everything DR on. Instead they take there DR related opinions onto all the other threads. Please report to moderators if you find comments on DR on the non DR related threads.

Ok, thanks.

Do you know how easy/hard it is to get find historical tire tread patterns? Who besides the FBI has this info? The manufacturers?

Tracker,

What is your opinion on what I came up with a few pages back?

Archived newspapers sometimes have tire images with identifiable tread patterns.

Ok, thanks.

Do you know how easy/hard it is to get find historical tire tread patterns? Who besides the FBI has this info? The manufacturers?

Would something like photo this make sense as to how Jacob may have entered a vehicle, with how the foot prints looked?

I'm a visual person. Trying to picture what Trackergd is describing.

attachment.php

Yes! Look at the foot on the driveway, the weight is on the toe portion of the foot, then it is lifted strait up.

The shoeprint we have assumed to be Jacobs, may not be? The pictures of the shoeprint next to the tire track was saved from watching a news video, then zoomed and cropped. I believe it's only our assumption that the video is showing Jacobs print next to the tire track. It's not that the article, video, or anyone definitively said that we are looking at Jacobs footprint or if we are just looking at the tire tracks that were recovered.

View attachment 81245

View attachment 81246

Remember in this second pic how I tried to connect two footprints with the black boxes? But then Tinner later came in and said the one in the upper left is most likely Steve Munds? Well if that one is Steve Munds and I was able to connect it to the one we have been studying, how do we know the one we have been studying is not Steve Munds footprint again as well? Both of the footprints in the black boxes have a circle indentation within the print, confirming the same shoe. Did these pictures from a video always just have the intention of showing the tire tracks? Without explaining that Steve Munds footprints are all over the place?

SAS, It appears to me that the print we take to be Jacobs was noted by LE as being Jacobs, and it does match the sneaker brand and model he was known to be wearing. The chances of two people in the same spot at the same time wearing the same brand, model and size shoe is pretty remote.

I think you are the most valuable person regularly posting here, many thanks.
Is there any other implied action that this suggests? For instance, would it equally work for climbing onto a bike, a motorcycle or someone's back?

Climbing up on a bike or motorcycle would have some instability issues and would have telegraphed into the print as a "stutter". From the available pictures and video, I do not see motorcycle or bike tracks. Climbing up on someones back would have had a deeper toe pushoff and the toe would have dragged a fraction of an inch out of the front of the print.

Very helpful, thanks.

I've been trying to duplicate the track myself. The main ways I can see to make a track like this is by getting into a car or jumping up.

Jumping up would have a deeper toe impression.

Probably out of fear, but nevertheless this implies Jacob was cooperative in some sense. Correct?

I agree.

Tracker,

What is your opinion on what I came up with a few pages back?

I'm sorry SAS, I have been up to my neck in work with little time to check in here. Can you please re-post or PM me? Thanks.

SAS, It appears to me that the print we take to be Jacobs was noted by LE as being Jacobs, and it does match the sneaker brand and model he was known to be wearing. The chances of two people in the same spot at the same time wearing the same brand, model and size shoe is pretty remote.

The pictures we have are from a video clip released by the media. Are we possibly confused by the footprints in the scene to be one of Jacobs? LE has never released information themselves about the footprints, or where and who's footprints were found. It just seems if you do have Jacobs footprint, where is the perps right behind it and around it? And if that is Jacobs print, how in the world did they rule out the use of a vehicle?

My bad, it is Jacobs footprint. The pictures clearly match up here-

x%20Jacob's%20shoe%20type%20&%20size.jpg

Jacob%2520footprint.jpg

My bad, it is Jacobs footprint. The pictures clearly match up here-

View attachment 81577

View attachment 81578

Looking at this picture from Sas, and recalling Tracker's comments about how a young child would likely step into a vehicle, I think we can conclude that if Jacob was stepping into a car, that he was stepping into the driver's side of the car, and that the car was pointed east. The reason I say this is because the footprint is from the right foot, meaning he stepped first with his left (according to previous comments by Tracker).

Tracker, can you weigh in on this?

Looking at this picture from Sas, and recalling Tracker's comments about how a young child would likely step into a vehicle, I think we can conclude that if Jacob was stepping into a car, that he was stepping into the driver's side of the car, and that the car was pointed east. The reason I say this is because the footprint is from the right foot, meaning he stepped first with his left (according to previous comments by Tracker).

Tracker, can you weigh in on this?

I don't know that I have ever read if Jacob was left or right handed. That would be a clue. If Jacob is right handed and stepped into the vehicle with his left foot, it would indicate he got into the driver side.

Drivers door - Left foot as the seat would be in the way of the right foot.
Drivers side rear door - Same as above.
Passenger side front door - Right foot as seat would be in the way of the left foot.
Passenger rear door - Same as above.
Pickup truck bed - Probably picked up, but it's a 50-50 if he was stepping up as we would have no idea if he was using the tire as a step, being pushed up or stepping up onto the rear bumper as a step.
Van doors are usually on the passenger side in that era, so the rear seat would have been on the left, so he would have stepped up with his right foot.

All the above has the caveat "When given a choice".

Is it strange that there is no indication of other footprints or is the area shown too small?

Is it strange that there is no indication of other footprints or is the area shown too small?

It is ultra disturbing that there is only one clear footprint right next to a tire track. 25 and a half years and they told us a car was involved, then they say there wasn't. Who else is ready for LE to explain why a car was not involved?

It is ultra disturbing that there is only one clear footprint right next to a tire track. 25 and a half years and they told us a car was involved, then they say there wasn't. Who else is ready for LE to explain why a car was not involved?

Yea, well I asked and they were not in a "sharing mood". Looking from the outside, it appears there have been miss-steps, missed opportunities and dubious conclusions. We don't know what the FBI learned, and if they are bound by an agreement with SCSD not to disclose information.

It is also possible they don't have much more photographic evidence than we do, and what little they have from the plaster casts does not give them a clear direction.

So again looking from the outside, one could reasonably assume that: A)They are covering up their inability to solve the case, hoping that at some point it will all go away so they don't look like smacked behinds, B)Someone is covering up a dirty secret and has no intent on ever solving this case, at least until they retire/die, or C)They have something critical, but they can't do a damned thing with it due to one missing piece. Feel free to add a D) or even E)....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back