GUILTY TN - Benjamin Shook for kidnapping, rape of 14yo girl, Surgoinsville, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been thinking about their food supply too. This is the time of year for the blackberries and wild raspberries to be ripe but unless they have an unlimited supply, they won't last long. They won't have any problem getting water if they are near a creek. And of course he could live off wild game if he has trapping skills but he'd still have to clean it and cook it. There are ways to survive out in the wilderness but a 14 year old girl isn't likely to have those skills. And not to embarrass anyone, but what is she going to do when her "friend" comes to visit?
I will ask this as delicately as possible.... In the history of cases like this, does the pedo-perp typically keep the prize captive longer than it takes to use them for the intended initial goals? What are the odds that H is still walking alongside him?

God please watch over this young lady. She has not been forgotten and so many people are looking for her. Melt the heart of this man and show him the right choice to make in this matter!

Thank you for this post/prayer. I'm so worried for this young girl. Breaks my heart...........

So where is H's mother in all this? We've seen numerous videos of her father pleading for her return. I take it that she lived with her mother and step father, since she took the step father's vehicle at 10 pm? Just guessing...

I'm hoping and praying that today is the day they find poor H. It's so sad how she was deceived by this freak. Being a 14 year old child, she never dreamed how this would turn out. I ask that God keep her wrapped in his arms and keep her safe.

I had a hard time sleeping last night...thoughts of H and wondering if she's ok. Prayed myself to sleep. Praying this is the day they find her, safe and alive, and they take her home!

H is also weighing heavily on my mind. It's been too long and too quiet the last few days. Praying that she stays strong and today is the day she is found. Prayers are with you, H.

We have been hashing things out a few weeks now. I know the lack of reliable information is quite unsettling for us Websleuthers. Maybe with the national exposure given by Nancy Grace will stir things up and get people moving.

I had a thought about this app that Shook used to lure H with. This app is not available to computer users but two types of Smart phone browsers Android and Windows. H is under 16 so she had to have her father along to purchase the phone.So technically the phone contract is in his name. Even if an app is available as "free" it still should not be available to download without parental approval. Maybe this would stop some of this type of activity. What is sad that "society" is playing catch-up with these applications. Now these apps can be a tool for good but what makes them so attractive to Sexual Predators? I have thought about maybe a tracking chip could be installed in a piece of clothing that the child would wear or an article of jeweler that they wear. Idk just thinking out loud.

But then the kid could just remove the jewelry. Or if it is a true grab and run kidnapping, the perp could just toss any jewelry the victim is wearing. When a 13-17 year old decides to leave with whomever, unless they are shackled to a parent (probably against the law, too), they will leave. You can check their phone and Facebook. But they can have multiple facebook pages under different names or use their friends phone for more instant communication.We have started something that we think we can control with this app and monitoring, but it is just an illusion.

I cannot believe this guy is still out there. I know LE is more concerned with terror attacks in the coming days, but I swear if they swarmed the area they believe them to be in, I just know they would get him. Of course, there is the hostage to be considered. What if he dies (shot) & they don't know where she is? And she cannot find her way to a main road? Nightmares.

Nothing. And no sightings since the 24th. Eight days! :(

For an example of what beachlvr0810 said upthread about the dense forests take a look at the video here:

http://www.wcyb.com/news/hiker-looking-at-amber-alert/33921006

Poor H! Something's gotta break soon. No matter how good of a woodsman Shook is they can't keep running and hiding forever. I just hope H lives through this ordeal.

You would have to be sneaky with the jewelry or undie angle. They have apps were you can monitor or track your child. But if they are savvy enough all bet are off anyway.

Most people are decent, kind, willing to help most people and would never hurt a soul or mistreat/abuse a minor. We can do all we can to be diligent about protecting our loved ones. But we just can't be everywhere. We as a society are at the mercy of others. As much as we would like solid information about H we just have to trust that things will work out. Hope that is all we have now.

Are they allowing volunteers to help search in the wilderness/forest areas. If not then we have to rely on the professionals to do their job. I would love to go and help this young teen but I am not in a good physical shape to be of help to anybody. My sense of direction is good but exploring an area that I have not reference points would be dangerous.

I will just have to pray again another night that God will protect her and that Shook will do the decent thing.

Nothing. And no sightings since the 24th. Eight days! :(

For an example of what beachlvr0810 said upthread about the dense forests take a look at the video here:

http://www.wcyb.com/news/hiker-looking-at-amber-alert/33921006

Poor H! Something's gotta break soon. No matter how good of a woodsman Shook is they can't keep running and hiding forever. I just hope H lives through this ordeal.

That small handmade shelter that law enforcement found was what I figured they had been using. With some good string or twine and a good camping hatchet, you can make one of these in no time. Throw some tree limbs, leaves and debris over top of it and no one will ever see you. Right now all the woods and forests are thick and lush because we've had good rainfall over the past few months. If H and Shook are still in the National Forests and off the beaten trail, they could go months without being noticed by anyone. I pray she is still with us.

I'm happy that it is July 4th weekend and someone spots them. A lot of people are probably coming to that area right now! They will spend 3 full days there if not more.im hopeful and praying it will be a happy ending!

I was searching the internet earlier for any new updates on H and I just about freaked and my heart dropped when I read the headlines about her disappearance and a body being found in a pond. I then realized the two headlines were just positioned too close together at the bottom of the website and were two different articles. Thank the Lord it wasn't a real headline. As I head off to bed, H will be at the top of my prayer list. Goodnight H...be safe, sweet girl ♡

Tonight, the mother of 14-year-old HW opens up to us, now that her daughter has been missing for more than a week. She's on the run with a convicted sex offender Benjamin Shook, a 41-year-old, she met using a smartphone messaging app.

This is a video. They posted this at almost 1a.m. I think it is the 11:00p.m. broadcast. I am getting ready to watch it.

http://m.wcyb.com/news/mother-of-missing-teen-speaks-out/33978694

Her poor mom [emoji20] [emoji813] [emoji813]

From the video in link: H and her mom were always together. H played football for the Surgoinsville Eagles.. She donated money to people and bought things for others. She took an autistic friend to a school dance.

She left letters to her family living at her dad's house and a scrapbook to her mom. In the scrapbook it said I will see you when I am 18. I will try to write but it will be sparingly. The scrapbook was full of mementos.

He took advantage of her big heart.
Poor H [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji120]

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Tonight, the mother of 14-year-old HW opens up to us, now that her daughter has been missing for more than a week. She's on the run with a convicted sex offender Benjamin Shook, a 41-year-old, she met using a smartphone messaging app.

This is a video. They posted this at almost 1a.m. I think it is the 11:00p.m. broadcast. I am getting ready to watch it.

http://m.wcyb.com/news/mother-of-missing-teen-speaks-out/33978694

Her poor mom [emoji20] [emoji813] [emoji813]

From the video in link: H and her mom were always together. H played football for the Surgoinsville Eagles.. She donated money to people and bought things for others. She took an autistic friend to a school dance.

She left letters to her family living at her dad's house and a scrapbook to her mom. In the scrapbook it said I will see you when I am 18. I will try to write but it will be sparingly. The scrapbook was full of mementos.

He took advantage of her big heart.
Poor H [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji120]

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

So they have cut the amount of officers down from 100 to about 50 because they've searched the entire area and found nothing? Surely they mean Sugar Grove...?

Listening to Stacy breaks my heart. H sounds like such an awesome young woman! Lord Jesus, please bring her back home safely!!

The Smyth County Sheriff's Office followed up on a few tips it received Thursday into the disappearance of HW and Benjamin Shook. Authorities say none of those tips have been confirmed, but they’re asking that anyone who has had contact with Shook or W to call them.

“We are concerned that someone may be scared that we are going to prosecute them for helping them to leave the area. This is not the case. It is our goal to bring H home,” said Lt. Bill Eller.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/police-release-new-pictures-of-benjamin-shook/33947210

If someone gave them a ride and had no idea who they were until later, then why in the world could they possibly get into trouble? I can't understand withholding that info. Please please just call it in, anonymously even. Anything. You won't be in trouble.

You can tell by the tone of the sheriff's statement that they are trying to figure out if maybe they fled the area before they got mobilized and started searching. He's hinting that someone may have given them a ride out of there and they are afraid of getting in trouble. LE is in that weird position of not knowing if they should continue to search or not. After searching for the last 3 or 4 days and finding nothing, you can't blame them for at least wondering.

All I know is that Shook and H have constantly been on the move since she ran off with him. Shook is smart enough to know that if he sits still too long they are going to catch up to him. I wouldn't be surprised if they hitched a ride with a trucker passing through there, someone not up to date on the news or local either, and headed on down the road. I imagine LE might have the same suspicions, hence the statement they made.

It's a dicey position that LE is in. Do they continue to spend untold hours searching in the hills and mountains, or do they call it off ? My only suggestion would be to flood the entire state with as many flyers and newspaper articles as they can. The more people looking out for them, the better. Don't report they are cornered and boxed in, report that you have no idea where they are and everybody needs to be on the lookout until they surface again. Providing flyers at both homeless shelters and truck stops would be wise.

My guess would be that he went to an area that is more populated. Hiding in a small community where everybody in town is looking out for you isn't going to be easy to do.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/police-release-new-pictures-of-benjamin-shook/33947210

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back