GUILTY TN - Benjamin Shook for kidnapping, rape of 14yo girl, Surgoinsville, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wtrf.com/story/29466569/...tically-endangered-teen-last-seen-in-virginia

"The United States Marshals Service is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information on the whereabouts of HW, 14, of Surgoinsville, Tennessee. W is believed to be in the company of known sex offender, Benjamin Shook, 41.

Witnesses reported seeing W in the company of Shook in Sugar Grove, Virginia on June 24."[/QUOTE]

Is she will him because she thinks she wants to be? Seems like this from letters etc to family.
Hope they are able to get her away from him.

Is she will him because she thinks she wants to be? Seems like this from letters etc to family.
Hope they are able to get her away from him.

That's how it sounds to me as well. But I don't believe she knew (or knows) he's a sex offender. It's believed that she met him online. A parent's worst nightmare....

I cannot believe this guy is still out there. I know LE is more concerned with terror attacks in the coming days, but I swear if they swarmed the area they believe them to be in, I just know they would get him. Of course, there is the hostage to be considered. What if he dies (shot) & they don't know where she is? And she cannot find her way to a main road? Nightmares.

And I hate to say it, but it's possible he lured her to sell her. Where he would then be, is anyone's guess at this point. He had time to flee, IMO.
I still wonder if they could be holding up in someone's home nearby.

I keep checking in hoping to hear some news that she is found and safe. Praying for her parents. This is a nightmare. The longer she is gone the more I fear for her life. It's been too long for no sighting and nothing. This man knows everybody's looking for a man and young girl. Sigh

What did this man tell her to get her to leave behind a memory book and plan to be gone until 18? Wow!

What did this man tell her to get her to leave behind a memory book and plan to be gone until 18? Wow!

When you're 14 years old, you'll believe anything a male tells you...trust me, I know all too well.

When you're 14 years old, you'll believe anything a male tells you...trust me, I know all too well.

I don't think many 14 year old girls feel that way, at all. In fact, MOST 14 year old girls aren't susceptible to being kidnapped. It is sad, how abusers can easily spot those who are possible victims.

It's uncanny, really, how clearly they can tell girls who will be silent victims vs. girls who will out them and will call attention of LE to their behaviors.

I dunno. I did some pretty dumb things at 14. But no way would I run off with some old man that looked like Shook. Seriously, what was this man's appeal? Of course back in the Stone Age when I was a teen there was no Internet so I guess the dynamics have changed. Still... yuck!

I don't think many 14 year old girls feel that way, at all. In fact, MOST 14 year old girls aren't susceptible to being kidnapped. It is sad, how abusers can easily spot those who are possible victims.

It's uncanny, really, how clearly they can tell girls who will be silent victims vs. girls who will out them and will call attention of LE to their behaviors.

This goes for domestic abusers too. I used to think it was something victims did, sticking with a type, but I've since learned it's the abusers who know what to look for.

I hope H is home soon. I'm frightened and heartbroken for her and her family.

I wonder if she's changed her mind, or still with him willfully? I don't find her at fault either way, I'm just fearful for her mindset.

I wonder if she's changed her mind, or still with him willfully? I don't find her at fault either way, I'm just fearful for her mindset.

I would think by now that she is full of regret and wanting to escape (MOO), for her sake I hope I am wrong. I don't like the length of time that she has been missing with this disgusting pig.

I would think by now that she is full of regret and wanting to escape (MOO), for her sake I hope I am wrong. I don't like the length of time that she has been missing with this disgusting pig.

Yeah, the amount of time that's passed with no new sightings is a very bad sign. I'm starting to wonder if this hasn't become a murder-suicide case. :(

But if H's still alive and if she's realized that she's in a bad situation then I hope she's able to keep her wits about her and do whatever it takes until she sees an opportunity to escape.

Praying today is the day H is found and returned home.

She was pretty down on herself. My guess is he figured out exactly the things that she wanted and fed into that. I pray they are located soon. Wondering how much he has changed her appearance. Do they know what they bought at Walmart?

Kids that age are addicted (seriously) to SM I think this will be the trick to finding her. Also watching for him to reestablish his contacts on whatever sites he is on.

I know this child's Grandmother. They are devastated! Below is a new video. It's posted on National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's website. Please keep up the good work.

https://www.facebook.com/missingkids

What type of planning was there. Steal dads car and credit card to support this s bag. While living in
woods.

How can a pedo be that broke.

I dunno. I did some pretty dumb things at 14. But no way would I run off with some old man that looked like Shook. Seriously, what was this man's appeal? Of course back in the Stone Age when I was a teen there was no Internet so I guess the dynamics have changed. Still... yuck!

You wrote what I was thinking. He is no looker. Sometimes the SO's are young looking but this guy is old and rag tag. What was his attraction?

I was just thinking. Maybe she was just curious and went to meet him and he took her? Did she take personal things with her or just the truck and credit card? Also did she take the credit card or was it in the glove compartment and they found it there? MOO

You wrote what I was thinking. He is no looker. Sometimes the SO's are young looking but this guy is old and rag tag. What was his attraction?

I was just thinking. Maybe she was just curious and went to meet him and he took her? Did she take personal things with her or just the truck and credit card? Also did she take the credit card or was it in the glove compartment and they found it there? MOO

I think it's anger towards dad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back