Found Deceased TN - Blake Smith, 20, Knoxville, 3 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad. If the search has been called off, I guess the writing is on wall.

A meticulously-planned suicide, that attempted to give the appearance of a crime?
A well-covered-up crime staged to look like suicide?

I'm not sure we'll ever get the complete picture.

The Blount County Sheriff in Tennessee announced the discovery of a body Monday amidst the search for Blake Smith, a missing Bible college student from Trussville, WATE 6 reports.

The remains have yet to be identified by Knox County Regional Forensic Center.

Smith's parents suspect foul play in his disappearance.
http://abc3340.com/news/local/college-student-from-trussville-missing-in-knoxville-tn

With his family saying they suspect foul play, I think we will eventually get an answer from LE on MOD one way or the other after the autopsy. It has only been a few hours since they found the body. Investigations take time and this one has some strange circumstances they will have to try to explain. JMO.

Oh, I'm so sad. My theory is that he tried suicide by car first but didn't succeed. That could explain the cinder block (he couldn't change his mind and take his foot off the gas, for example). Then he went to the lake.

Someone may have already hurt/killed him, drove him in his car, with someone following, and put his items on the seat, and potentially put the block on the gas, to send the car into the water, to be found years later, or never. However, it veered and went into the structure. Whoever drove/followed, then panics, drags him out of the car, if it's him, and puts him in the water trying to make a lame attempt at making it look like suicide. The shoe, and the beanie, seems like they came off, while he was possibly being drug out of the car. Coming in a bit late, just heard about this. Tossing it out there. I fear the body is him.

I have read two different news reports one stating the car was located 7.5 miles from where the body was found. Another news report stated the car was located 1/4 of a mile from where the body was found. If the car was 7.5 miles away, then I don't see how it could be suicide. But then life sometimes is stranger than fiction. So sorry for this horrific outcome. Praying for all his loved ones. In either case, this is probably his body and the grief is unreal for his family.

I'm also coming in late here.

Sounds very much like the body is Blake. So sorry for him and his family!

Can fingerprints be lifted from a cinderblock? If yes, and they only find Blake's it's pretty sure he tried to kill himself in this car crash imo. If he did, this sounds like a very "angry" suicide (attempt), for lack of a better word.

The creek where the body was found is not the same location he posted a picture of on IG, right?

Scared for his family. He seems very loved by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be willing to bet whoever tried to get that car into the water accidentally got it into reverse instead of drive. I’m basing this on the picture of the construction site and location of the deck that was crashed into. It’s on the back of the house facing the water. The park where the IG picture was taken is 7 miles from the house. The body was found 1/4 mile from the house. It seems to me that someone knew about the remoteness of the construction site and chose that area on purpose. It would be interesting to know if the lawn care business was doing work at the construction site. That might tell us if Blake knew about the location. If he did, I would lean toward self-harm, unfortunately. If not, he may have just been at the wrong place (the park) at the wrong time and been kidnapped and harmed. (But I can’t think of a good motive, unless someone just stole cash from his wallet.) in any case, I’m so very sorry for Blake’s family (assuming that’s his body that has been found.)

Oh, I'm so sad. My theory is that he tried suicide by car first but didn't succeed. That could explain the cinder block (he couldn't change his mind and take his foot off the gas, for example). Then he went to the lake.

Just moo, but I was thinking he tried to make it look like foul play. Thinking he didn’t want anyone to know it was suicide as there are many religious beliefs about what happens to a person who kills the self. IMO

I'm also coming in late here.

Sounds very much like the body is Blake. So sorry for him and his family!

Can fingerprints be lifted from a cinderblock? If yes, and they only find Blake's it's pretty sure he tried to kill himself in this car crash imo. If he did, this sounds like a very "angry" suicide (attempt), for lack of a better word.

The creek where the body was found is not the same location he posted a picture of on IG, right?

Correct, not the same place

Just moo, but I was thinking he tried to make it look like foul play. Thinking he didn’t want anyone to know it was suicide as there are many religious beliefs about what happens to a person who kills the self. IMO

Exactly what I’m thinking

I’d be willing to bet whoever tried to get that car into the water accidentally got it into reverse instead of drive. I’m basing this on the picture of the construction site and location of the deck that was crashed into. It’s on the back of the house facing the water. The park where the IG picture was taken is 7 miles from the house. The body was found 1/4 mile from the house. It seems to me that someone knew about the remoteness of the construction site and chose that area on purpose. It would be interesting to know if the lawn care business was doing work at the construction site. That might tell us if Blake knew about the location. If he did, I would lean toward self-harm, unfortunately. If not, he may have just been at the wrong place (the park) at the wrong time and been kidnapped and harmed. (But I can’t think of a good motive, unless someone just stole cash from his wallet.) in any case, I’m so very sorry for Blake’s family (assuming that’s his body that has been found.)
Well, in cars, you have to go past reverse to get to drive. If they put the block on the pedal then put it into gear, it would have taken off backwards. Fail.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, in cars, you have to go past reverse to get to drive. If they put the block on the pedal then put it into gear, it would have taken off backwards. Fail.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Exactly. I’m sorry y’all. I was just now re-reading the thread and realized a couple of people had already mentioned the accidental reverse scenario.

So sad.
Personally I think this is a suicide and he took the picture so people knew where to find him later (pretty sure I read on here that where he was found is water is connected to this river )
May have taken something (pills?) that limited his abilities /made him groggy and then went to drive car into river...accidentally hit reverse,crashed...
May have lost shoe and beanie on way back out of car and walked over to the river.

Seems too obvious to be a crime scene to me...but you never know I guess

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm just catching up. I've been at work for a long 13 hour shift. I'm heartbroken to read that LE has located a body. Blake and his family and friends are in my prayers.

So sad.
Personally I think this is a suicide and he took the picture so people knew where to find him later (pretty sure I read on here that where he was found is water is connected to this river )
May have taken something (pills?) that limited his abilities /made him groggy and then went to drive car into river...accidentally hit reverse,crashed...
May have lost shoe and beanie on way back out of car and walked over to the river.

Seems too obvious to be a crime scene to me...but you never know I guess

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bbm The location of the picture and where he was found are not the same.

The only problem with the suicide scenario and him doing the whole car thing is that it was said that search dogs didn't find Blake's scent outside of the car... and he would have had to been by the car to leave his phone/wallet in the car (on the seat, not thrown on impact) and his shoe & chain outside the car (didn't say beanie was his?)... *shrugs*

And as someone else mentioned, why wouldn't they have just had his parents immediately ID his body instead of waiting for the autopsy?

Did he meet someone at the lake and something felt off so he snapped the photo and posted it to his IG to share his location? Just my musings on this sad case... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member