Found Deceased TN - Blake Smith, 20, Knoxville, 3 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family "official" Facebook page has posted that there is false information going around, and that it was NOT accidental and foul play is involved.

While I feel bad saying this and don’t want it to be taken out of context, foul play makes much more sense than “accidental”.

IMO the scene appears staged by someone who thought it would look like a carjacking gone wrong...someone young and naive and desperate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that your scenario looks more likely than an accident and subsequent car theft. I was just trying to come up with a scenario that would fit an accidental drowning and a stolen car but that's more difficult than keeping five mice in a hat.

So just read the rest. Accidental is the only thing that never even crossed my mind...
I am still on suicide for this...especially after reading about his college. His scent may not have been outside the car as someone else took it after seeing it abandoned for a while . They screwed up dumping it in river I guess . Probably would have tried harder to dispose of it had they just killed someone and not just stolen a car ! Jmo
Was he wearing his second shoe? Maybe his stuff was left on top of car or in the car and has come off while driving /been thrown out of car

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My thoughts on this case have been, from the beginning, how much the initial discussion resembles the initial discussion in the Blaze Bernstein case. Initially, many posts were about what could have led this young man to run off and commit suicide, discussing the pressures of college, or the pressures of being LGBT. I see the same thing happening here. Our minds automatically think the most obvious reason for a young college-age man to go missing is due to pressures and potential suicide. (Our minds often go in the opposite direction when a young woman goes missing.)

I have no idea what happened, but because of Blaze's case being so fresh in my mind, I am suspecting foul play. Although the weird situation with the car, the cinder block, the single shoe, hat, and chain being left behind all add to my suspicions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sadly, this has been on my mind also.

I think its more hope...I just prefer to believe no one has killed this man.
It certainly seems suspicious but in a very obvious and even lazy way. If someone else did this they clearly freaked out and got out of there as fast as they could.

Accidental is the only one I find hard to believe.

Tragic either way and I hope the family gets the truth of what happened here

The cinder block is so confusing. The knocked off mirrors could happen if running off the road into dense forestry. I wonder which door is bent backwards? The door, with the car in reverse, going through some of the construction stuff, could get caught on something, that would bend the door back.

If the door even hit an elevated mound of dirt, in the construction area, it could easily bend it back. If it had been going very fast, it would have broken it off its hinges. So it couldn't have been going fast, at that point in time.

It's kinda brushy around there too so, if maybe if he'd gotten down in there and drove off the road and into the trees, his mirrors could have been snapped going in, or getting out, of his predicament. He then messes up and gets stuck. In attempting to get unstuck, he gets more stuck, so, being naive about some things, he decides to get out, and push back, on the front end of the car, with a cinder block on the gas pedal, for impetus, does not expect the results (hence shoe, broken chain, beanie ...) and is possibly a bit dazed, especially if he'd been using any intoxicants, when the car snaps backward. So, at this point he's wandering around in the dark, irritated, only one shoe, lost his chain, no flashlight, and somehow falls into the water.
:thinking:

attachment.php

Attachments

• BSmith.jpg
    BSmith.jpg
    806.9 KB · Views: 505
Oh wow. I didn't see that coming. I could understand homicide or suicide, but accidental? Who accidentally put a cinder block on their accelerator?
It will be very interesting to see toxology report. I too,wonder about dorm mates.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Blake4.jpg
    Blake4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 505
[h=1]UPDATED: Family confirms body found in Tennessee is Blake Smith of Trussville, sheriff indicates accidental death, family disagrees[/h]
The Blount County, Tennessee Sheriff’s Office posted on social media that the death appeared to be accidental.

“The preliminary cause of death was determined as hypothermia/drowning, and his death appears to be accidental,” was posted on the sheriff’s Facebook page.

Smith’s family, however, disputes the findings of the coroner and sheriff.

“There is inaccurate information going around about Blake’s death, please know that his family knows more about what happened than anyone, no matter what the ‘source’ is,” Williams posted on social media. “His family was there with each search and lead. It is an on going investigation and we can not comment at this time. If you saw, what his family saw, you would understand. We can say it was not accidental and foul play was involved.”
http://www.trussvilletribune.com/20...-indicates-accidental-death-family-disagrees/

[h=1]UPDATED: Family confirms body found in Tennessee is Blake Smith of Trussville, sheriff indicates accidental death, family disagrees[/h]
http://www.trussvilletribune.com/20...-indicates-accidental-death-family-disagrees/
Just thinking they should maybe delete that post. Could be reasons why LE are calling it an accident . They may not think it is,but maybe don't want anyone running off until they have further evidence :/

Just thinking they should maybe delete that post. Could be reasons why LE are calling it an accident . They may not think it is,but maybe don't want anyone running off until they have further evidence :/

Funny, they must of heard you...the post questioning the Sherriff's findings has been taken down from the Blake Smith - Missing person FB page.

UPDATED: Family confirms body found in Tennessee is Blake Smith of Trussville, sheriff indicates accidental death, family disagrees

No matter the source, the information that is "going around" about B's death, is presumed to be inaccurate. :thinking: I wonder what info is "going around"? His family is from Alabama, they couldn't have been there for each search. BS dorm mates went out and initially found the car and belongings. I am hoping no one touched that phone and LE got it, just as it was left.

I must say, when they found the body yesterday, I was prepared for a long wait. I thought it would be at least a few days for a cause of death and many, many more for a manner of death.

And in less than 24 hours we have had both a cause and a manner of death?!? I am a bit flabbergasted! For it to have been declared accidental the sheriff must know either:
-There is other no other party involved and suicide is not evident
-Or, there is another party involved and this other party have provided evidence/statements to allow the conclusion of 'accident' to be drawn.

No matter the source, the information that is "going around" about B's death, is presumed to be inaccurate. :thinking: I wonder what info is "going around"? His family is from Alabama, they couldn't have been there for each search. BS dorm mates went out and initially found the car and belongings. I am hoping no one touched that phone and LE got it, just as it was left.

bbm Has it ever been explained why they would know to look in that particular area? The photo Blake posted to IG had been taken miles away, so why did they search this area which is under construction? Was it a known hang out or something? Odd :thinking:

Funny, they must of heard you...the post questioning the Sherriff's findings has been taken down from the Blake Smith - Missing person FB page.
Oh good! Maybe they were told to or got new information

bbm Has it ever been explained why they would know to look in that particular area? The photo Blake posted to IG had been taken miles away, so why did they search this area which is under construction? Was it a known hang out or something? Odd :thinking:

Apparently the parents were aware of Blake's location because of the 360 Life app and when they called the college with concerns they were able to pass on the location co-ordinates so fellow students could follow-up. This was all in an interview with parents that Gardener linked to earlier...
...I'll be back with the link:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13912421#post13912421
Found a video interview with his parents: https://www.knoxnews.com/videos/news...ent/110120836/

According to that his parents tracked him with an app called "Life 360". They noticed he was at an unusual place Saturday night late at night when he was supposed to be at the dorm. When he still wasn't back at the dorm at 2 AM his dad was concerned. Dad called his roommates at 7 AM and found out he never made it back there. Then they contacted college security and police. Dad said no blood in car so they are hoping for the best. A friend had dropped him off at the dorm after work around 2 PM, then he had texted his dad his W2's so his dad could help do taxes. His dad thinks he got in his car and drove to the park right after that because the picture was posted to instagram not long after the text. He likes to hike so his dad thinks he went to the park to hike.

Apparently the parents were aware of Blake's location because of the 360 Life app and when they called the college with concerns they were able to pass on the location co-ordinates so fellow students could follow-up. This was all in an interview with parents that Gardener linked to earlier...
...I'll be back with the link:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13912421#post13912421

Thank you for explaning eucalyptuz! I had not watched the interview, only read the summary Gardener provided and mistakenly thought that through the 360 Life app they found out where the photo was taken, but not where the car was. But of course, the phone was in the car so ... I didn't put 1 and 1 together :facepalm: :blushing: Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member