GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wate.com/2016/05/04/endangered-child-alert-issued-for-9-year-old-rogersville-girl/
This states the uncle has no custodial rights to C. The statement about the custody on file comes from the school.

A little less confusing...Starnes initially said a legal custodial order is in the school’s records for Simpson and his wife, but later clarified that the girl’s father is C.’s legal guardian according to the courts.

“I have been provided additional informational by the courts since releasing the statement and James Trent, the father is the legal custodian. The school was not provided with this information.”

If the prior news source didn't actually check court records (and it looks like they didn't), that is pretty bad news reporting!

What would he be doing at WalMart?! Yesterday.

Was this after the kidnapping?
I recall another family abduction a couple years back where the either stepdad or uncle took the young teen, and they were spotted at Walmart, but were eventually found 'camping'.

Sounds like Uncle Gary just walked head first into some kind of a bizarre mid-life crisis.

He'd better be careful or he's not going to be invited to do any more babysitting gigs.

If this was after he took C. then where is she? Maybe it was before.

They conveniently left out what time the image was taken, just PM. If she was in the van in the parking lot, then why didn't she get out and if she felt she was in danger, why not run for help? If he picked her up at school at 1:30, then maybe he went to Walmart first?

They conveniently left out what time the image was taken, just PM. If she was in the van in the parking lot, then why didn't she get out and if she felt she was in danger, why not run for help? If he picked her up at school at 1:30, then maybe he went to Walmart first?

Well, my immediate thought to those questions would be because she was unable to [emoji22]

The new details re: custody -- which suggest that the custody changeover was relatively recent -- give me some hope that the uncle has a good (if misguided) motive here; that is, I have some hope that this is some custody/child's well-being dispute.

what about stating her father has been in a car accident. That does not sound like he is interested in the child's well-being.

what about stating her father has been in a car accident. That does not sound like he is interested in the child's well-being.

And leaving his disabled son for whom he is a caretaker.

Why is it that so many people get Walmart involved. I know off topic just puzzles me.
Praying C. is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it that so many people get Walmart involved. I know off topic just puzzles me.
Praying C. is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm still thinking camping gear because of the case I mentioned before. Otherwise, I'd hate to think he would be purchasing things for a burial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc