GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope more is being done to find C. than it appears.

I hope they are garnering some clues from his wife. Does he hunt, where are his stomping grounds? If she feels the child is in harms way, there has to be a reason. He obviously said or did something to make his wife feel this way. Was he raised right there? Where was he raised (other stomping grounds). I think they need to be on his wife, she may know where they are without even realizing it....IMHO

I am glad you brought up them trying to call him because I had forgotten about that. I really hope they can learn something from pings!

According to the second video on the bottom, they've had no success pinging his phone :(

Rogersville, TN to Boone, NC - Google Maps.jpg

Rogersville, TN to Boone, NC - Google Maps 2.jpg
Police in Boone said there has been a possible sighting of the vehicle being driven by a Amber Alert suspect from Tennessee.
Police said the sighting happened in Mountain City Thursday night, and the vehicle was headed towards Boone.
9-year-old C. T. was allegedly abducted on Wednesday from the Rogersville, Tennessee area.

If the latest information is accurate, then these two maps should show the route taken and approx. distance.

I guess they don't have highway patrol and sheriff deputies along that stretch of road. Funny, I can't drive more than 20 miles down a highway without seeing at least one of them, usually parked in the median intimidating motorist.

The route shown in blue is the quickest shortest route. The routes shown in grey are alternate routes. Mountain City is a few miles to the north of Boone, N.C.

The fact that his wife is concerned and worried, makes me fear his motivations are not C.'s wellbeing.

This article states that the bus still drops C. at the Simpson residence after school. So C. would have been at his house within a few hours anyway. Probably so as not to disrupt her school routine she was being dropped off at Aunt and Uncles house even tho dad now has custody of her.

Gary Simpson opted to go to the school, without his wife's knowledge, tell a horrible lie to C., that her father was in an auto accident. And then disappeared with her.

His wife being concerned amps mine up considerably.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ed-tenn-girl-9-uncle-school-article-1.2626306

I agree. The fact his wife was so quick to express her concern makes me think she saw or suspected something in the past :(

I don't know if they are truly near Boone or not, but it was chilly last night with some snow showers. Today is supposed to be warmer. Let today be the day he comes back to reality and stops running.

I'm not sure why the sighting that came in from Mountain City, N.C. would be deemed more credible than other sightings would. This may be a case where a local reporter was listening to the scanner and verified the sighting with LE. There's no sure proof that I'm aware of that this is the van being searched for.

I'm sure since this Amber Alert was issued LE has run the tags on a couple of hundred white vans, and got calls and tips on a couple hundred more. If you own a big white conversion van in either East Tennessee or North Carolina, I imagine you are going to be under pretty intense scrutiny the next few days. You might want to hang a big poster inside one of your rear windows that reads "I AM NOT a kidnapper !!"

I was hoping for a Found Safe this morning. There is a point in each missing child case where I think no news is good news. I think we are there.

"I'm sad, I'm shocked, I'm really angry too,” Simpson said of what happened. “They're just like daughter's to me."

According to Simpson, she never thought her husband of more than 30 years would do this.

"He's done things before but it really was harmless stuff. Really just something to agitate you or make you mad. But he's never done anything like... something as drastic as kidnapping somebody,” Simpson said.

She gave examples of Gary Simpson disappearing for a few hours and making up a story for attention. She said he has daily rituals that her hardly breaks, so this kidnapping had to be planned.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...lert-issued-for-Tennessee-girl-378203981.html

C.'s mom makes statements at the above link as well.

While we know how these things usually go, I recommend using caution before fully believing what anyone involved in a MP case says in the media. In my opinion, it is just as possible C. was in a bad family situation (the one fact that is clear is her birth parents had enough issues to not have full custody throughout C.'s life). Gary could be thinking he is "saving" her from it - if he helped raise her he may6 very well think of her as his own daughter. I can't take what his wife says at face value because who knows what their relationship is like or what kind of woman she is. The profile police have of Gary (or what they have shared) doesn't point to someone with ill intentions. http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforc...-was-picked-up-at-scho.html?ci=content&lp&p=1
I am hoping this is the case and C. ends up in the best place for her, alive, whoever that ends up being with. JMO

As someone who is familiar with the Boone area..

Boone is in the mountains of NC. It's primarily a college town and next weekend is ASU's graduation, so no doubt the area will be flooded with people coming into town. Even still, there are plenty of places that Gary could be hiding out, as there are dozens of "off the road" parks, campgrounds, and hideouts in general. Once you get off the 2-3 "main drags" of the town the possibilities are endless. If he goes further than Boone that really opens up the possibilities of hiding out..the NC mountain region is general is very remote with lots of camping areas.

The point of this is I hope the state troopers, park rangers, and campers are made aware of this AA and keep their eyes out. His van seems like it would be relatively easy to spot, even if hidden up in the woods somewhere (it isn't a common make/model).

I also hope that Boone prints off flyers to put around town during ASU's graduation this upcoming week so that the influx of tourists in the area know to keep their eyes out as they get gas, go out to eat, stay at the hotel, etc. He really could be anywhere.

Since they had custody of the two children at one time, and still had them some everyday gives me a little hope. Maybe in his mind he feels he is saving her from some bad situation, maybe she told him something that was happening to her. Maybe feels she is like his own child. We can pray this is the situation.

Since they had custody of the two children at one time, and still had them some everyday gives me a little hope. Maybe in his mind he feels he is saving her from some bad situation, maybe she told him something that was happening to her. Maybe feels she is like his own child. We can pray this is the situation.

"I'm sad, I'm shocked, I'm really angry too,” Simpson said of what happened. “They're just like daughter's to me."

According to Simpson, she never thought her husband of more than 30 years would do this.

"He's done things before but it really was harmless stuff. Really just something to agitate you or make you mad. But he's never done anything like... something as drastic as kidnapping somebody,” Simpson said.

She gave examples of Gary Simpson disappearing for a few hours and making up a story for attention. She said he has daily rituals that her hardly breaks, so this kidnapping had to be planned.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...lert-issued-for-Tennessee-girl-378203981.html

C.'s mom makes statements at the above link as well.

Wonder what that ' harmless stuff ' is. To the untrained eye , many grooming techniques could be seen as harmless. :please: do NOT hurt her.

This is just all bad. This little girl needs to be found fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin