GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to note, it might be splitting hairs for some but there is a clarification, the father doesn't state as fact the uncle is obsessed with her - he says that the kidnapping makes his mind wander to the possibility that the uncle may have been, as an explanation for the uncles actions.

.... I suppose I'm still hoping there's some custody dispute/parenting disagreement backstory yet to play out and the uncle is looking after her, more along the lines of a parent losing custody & freaking out than the more likely but heartbreaking alternatives. Jmo.

It's been a rough week for balding middle aged men that drive white conversion vans.............................

Thank you for inserting a bit of levity to the thread. I have been following from day one, lost sleep, prayed and been afraid for this kiddo. I needed that laugh.

Subscribing. Come home, Carlie!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

dad's interview - paraphrased by me.

Gary had daily access to her, was part of her every single day. That is why he is confused about why Gary would take her. It is not as if his access to her had been changed or impeded. Gary and his wife, dad's sister have helped raise Carlie and her sister all their lives. The only thing he can figure is that Gary is obsessed with her and wants her all to himself. He worries for Carlie and what it will be like when Carlie is found. Will she be happy? Will she be fearful? Will she not want to be in the area of their home because this is where Gary was? (the homes are right next to one another)

Why did Gary have access to her every day of her life if others could see he was ' obsessed' with her? I think we WSers are hyper aware of things that the general population may not see.

Please let today be the day that Carlie comes home. Find her LE. Find her.

Seeing that video and how close the homes are confuses me even more. I thought maybe they lived a ways apart and he thought he wouldn't be able to see her...

It's been a rough week for balding middle aged men that drive white conversion vans.............................

No kidding. So many calls were coming in for van conversion van sightings here that a lot of people who own them have volunteered to stay off the roads for awhile.

Why did Gary have access to her every day of her life if others could see he was ' obsessed' with her? I think we WSers are hyper aware of things that the general population may not see.

There may not have been a formal change in custody, but it had to change the dynamics of both households to have dad gone for awhile then to have him return, especially if Gary had come to view himself as Carlie's protector or real father.

Perhaps that's what dad means when he says Gary was "obsessed" and "wanted her all to himself," and Gary's wife was referring to "lies" Gary might be telling Carlie about her dad in order to alienate her from him.

JMO but I don't think Carlie's dad thought before that his BIL was obsessed with Carlie. I think that is the only explanation he can come up with now, in light of Gary taking her to parts unknown. In Carlie's dad's view nothing has really changed. Paper custody changed, but the Simpsons live right next door, still saw and had access to Carlie and her sister every single day and nobody was on the outs in his view. So for Gary to simply disappear with Carlie, but not the other sibling leads Carlie's dad to wonder NOW if Gary was obsessed with Carlie and wants her all to himself.

I think Mrs. Simpson and her brother are probably just like us, trying to figure out what the heck is going on here.

Thanks all. Finally got caught up. Too many posts to thank.

JMO but I don't think Carlie's dad thought before that his BIL was obsessed with Carlie. I think that is the only explanation he can come up with now, in light of Gary taking her to parts unknown. In Carlie's dad's view nothing has really changed. Paper custody changed, but the Simpsons live right next door, still saw and had access to Carlie and her sister every single day and nobody was on the outs in his view. So for Gary to simply disappear with Carlie, but not the other sibling leads Carlie's dad to wonder NOW if Gary was obsessed with Carlie and wants her all to himself.

I think Mrs. Simpson and her brother are probably just like us, trying to figure out what the heck is going on here.

I see your point and probably since dad has been not at the location all this time, he probably is just now getting an idea of Gary's attitude.

Obsession is such a wild card IMO. It may keep her safe in the beginning but I really fear what will happen after that. She's a child. She will want to go home. She will be frightened and upset. Carlie needs to be found NOW!!
I stIll believe what I posted early in the first thread. I believe they are close to home. I think he was disappearing to find a spot to hide out.

I think they are most likely close to home as well, maybe within a 50-60 mile radius. This guy Simpson was a serious homebody from everything I've read. He hasn't really been anywhere or gone many places in the 30 years he's been married, according to sources close to him. It only makes sense that he would go to some secluded place that possibly only he knows about. Getting out and driving up and down the road for any distance at all is likely to wind up in a police chase, and he's bound to know that. This has been broadcast all over the radio in that general area, of which he would have also heard by now. I don't see anyway that Simpson wouldn't know he is being hunted, unless he is either dumber than a box of rocks or dead.

It's been a week now since the two of them disappeared. Carli is probably getting tired and wants to go home by now, but he knows that would be disastrous for him. With the motive behind this being completely unclear to just about everyone, it's hard to say what his decision will be whenever the food begins to run out or if they are spotted and recognized by a passerby. Hopefully the two of them will just show back up and proclaim they went on an impromptu camping trip.

I have my doubts that he ever intended on returning back home however.

I see your point and probably since dad has been not at the location all this time, he probably is just now getting an idea of Gary's attitude.

I think he knows him pretty well. I think this has caught them all of guard. Came out of left field and they are all in this hindsight game. Going over every act every word .
I really want to know if they took his computer from the house (if there was one ) and what was found. In my gut I am thinking he has always had some sick thing for little girls and it has escalated . Idk. Carlie seems so happy and full of life. Is there anyway he could have been depressed and tired of life and took Carlie so he wouldn't be alone and could get away ? I have went over so many scenarios and I whys and what ifs.
I wish we knew more but as steel man says this guy is a homebody. Ugh

If they left the state of TN wouldnt they go thru the tolls? They can track the van by the license plate when he passes through the toll booth so I have a strong feeling they are still in TN.

I'm glad the FBI is involved!
I'm from Tennessee and I'll tell you, toll roads are extraordinarily rare around here.

Just to note, it might be splitting hairs for some but there is a clarification, the father doesn't state as fact the uncle is obsessed with her - he says that the kidnapping makes his mind wander to the possibility that the uncle may have been, as an explanation for the uncles actions.

.... I suppose I'm still hoping there's some custody dispute/parenting disagreement backstory yet to play out and the uncle is looking after her, more along the lines of a parent losing custody & freaking out than the more likely but heartbreaking alternatives. Jmo.
This explanation makes more sense to me. When I first saw that her father said Gary was obsessed with Carlie, I initially thought, well then why didn't he say that to begin with vs saying he was shocked & never saw something like this coming. I can totally understand dad initially being shocked, but then with his daughter missing just thinking about every little detail he could all week, some things that seemed normal, now being questionable, leading him to wonder if maybe Gary was obsessed with Carlie. In hindsight. That poor family (& Carlie). I wonder if others are now realizing things Gary has done/said that seemed totally harmless that now have them wondering if there was more to it. I hope they do not blame themselves for not noticing before; Gary is the one at fault. As fas as what we know now, he's the only one. (Although I do think the school should have been updated on custody as soon as a new order was signed, but again--hindsight--and even if it was, Gary would still have been on the pick up list I'm sure. It is no ones fault but Gary's that he took advantage of trust put in him).

Something I think we need to keep in mind, and I'll have to find the link, the media keeps referring to the change in custody as "recent", but the re-establishment of custody happened early last year...still recent....but not recent as in two weeks before Uncle pulled her out of school.

Yes, I agree. The article skips important words when they quote him, but if you listen to the interview he said it has him wondering... [if] he was obsessed with her, wanted her all to himself, etc.. Another example of sloppy reporting unfortunately imo!

Something I think we need to keep in mind, and I'll have to find the link, the media keeps referring to the change in custody as "recent", but the re-establishment of custody happened early last year...still recent....but not recent as in two weeks before Uncle pulled her out of school.

Would have to go back and find it but read that Gary's wife said the girls still basically lived with them (or stayed at their house a lot). So what, if anything, changed recently is what I am trying to figure out.

I'm from Tennessee and I'll tell you, toll roads are extraordinarily rare around here.

Per Wikipedia Tennessee currently has no toll roads. One has been proposed for I-69.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_toll_roads_in_the_United_States

(IMHO) I can't shake the feeling that Gary is still close to Rogersville (the place he has spent his whole life). I don't see him as the type to head out to unfamiliar areas. Also, he will have to surface sometime to restock on supplies and his cash will run out eventually...he will need to hit the bank.

I've tried to imagine how Carlie might feel right now. If I assume that Gary is not abusing her in any way, I think that she might still be finding the "camping" to be a novelty and be relatively happy at the moment. However, at some point will the novelty will wear off and she will miss her sister, other family and friends and all that is familiar to her. She might begin to ask to go home. If he really cares for her, he will take her home regardless of the consequences.

On the other hand, if I assume that Gary has/is abusing her I can imagine her as scared and afraid....that makes me heartsick. If this is the case I can only hope that they are found SOON and she is given all the support and help needed to deal with the emotional damage that abuse wreaks on the victims.

Gary - if you care for Carlie at all - take her home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn