GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Last time I saw him was at 6:30 in the morning. When he took the car, he was leaving just like normal. Getting ready to take my mother to the doctor and he just left went out the door," said Linda Simpson.

Bad reporting???

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...-suspect-talks-to-Local-8-News-378857051.html

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I caught that discrepancy too. If he did run errands with his father, police have likely already questioned the father. But it does make me curious about what kind of interactions or conversations Gary had with his dad before he skipped town.

Sickened and greiving for C.

Finding out now, what a Monster Gary Simpson is. As well as how screwed up her family life has been that placed herself into the control of an accused pedophile.

His former victims were too afraid of him to come forward until now????

I am beyond ill, thinking about what this man has been and is doing to this 9 year old child in his clutches this last week.

I Pray, she is found alive. Tears upon tears

I'm sorry, I catch up on this thread when I can, but is there a link to this information that he is an accused pedophile? Thanks.

Agreed! My husband works in the Cell Tower division of AT&T, and he & I both thought that comment about not being able to ping his phone because it was a flip phone was odd...

Flip phones ping - smart phones have GPS. a ping is nothing more than the tower or the phone sending out a "hello here I am" or "where are you". In order to know where to send a call or send to VM. Smart phones also ping as long as there is power and functionality.

The difference is range and location accuracy.

MOO

[h=1]Knoxville banking execs offer $10K reward for info on abducted Hawkins County girl[/h]
Matt Daniels, president and chief executive officer of Apex Bank, said he and his business partner, 21st Mortgage President Tim Williams, felt compelled to get involved as the search continues without any confirmed sighting of the girl or her non-custodial uncle, 57-year-old Gary Simpson.
“This is agonizing,” Daniels said Wednesday. “It’s not a 24-hour Amber Alert.”
“We can’t imagine if it was one of ours , especially after a week,” Daniels said.
Daniels added that he and Williams were inspired to put up the reward by Carlie’s pediatrician, Dr. Chris Calendine, who also is offering a $10,000 reward in the case.
More @ Link: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/crime-...county-girl-329240c6-2cc5-0a7e-378989311.html

It's not her who kidnapped CT. All the blame goes on him. Predators can be very good at making people ignore their instincts.

Reward for CT’s safe return increases to over $35,000

--The reward initially began with $2,500 offered by the U.S. Marshal’s Service.
-Current Reward: $2,500
--That was followed by $10,000 from CT’s pediatrician Dr. Chris Calendine, who had been saving the money to buy a boat, but felt contributing to the effort to bring CT home more important. (IMO--in a world so full of greed, selfishness, materialism, it is so refreshing to see people coming together, being selfless like this--the situation sucks, but in situations like this, I am happy to see some positives shining through).
-Current Reward: $12,500
--On Monday, the U.S. Marshal's Service decided they would increase their reward from $2,500 to $5,000.
-Current Reward: $15,000
--Matt Daniels and Tim Williams, two Knoxville banking executives, are offering $10,000 for information leading to CT’s safe return.
-Current Reward: $25,000
--Jim Clayton with Clayton Bank and Trust says his bank is adding $10,000 to the reward to for information leading to CT’s safe return.
-Current Reward: $35,000
****Trey Healy, from Nashville--a dog groomer by day and a musician by night--wants to add $5,000, but so far his pledge is not included in official counts.
-This would bring the reward for info leading to CT's safe return to $40,000.
More @ Link:
http://wate.com/2016/05/11/reward-for-carlie-trents-safe-return-increases-to-over-35000/

I'm sorry, I catch up on this thread when I can, but is there a link to this information that he is an accused pedophile? Thanks.

ROGERSVILLE — Shortly after reports were issued last week that CT had been taken from her school by 57-year-old Gary Simpson, relatives of Simpson began calling police with allegations that he is a dangerous pedophile.

Multiple law enforcement sources have confirmed to the Times-News on condition of anonymity that relatives of Simpson claimed he sexually abused them when they were children, but the incidents weren’t reported at the time because his family was afraid of him.

http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforc...-children-in-the-past.html?ci=stream&lp=1&p=1

[h=1]Tennessee Amber Alert Generates Hundreds Of Leads[/h]Published 05/11 2016 12:57PM
Updated 05/11 2016 10:00PM

Press Release

New information in the search for a missing east Tennessee girl.

We have just learned within the past hour that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is asking residents in the girl's hometown of Rogersville to start checking their property for any signs of the nine year old or her kidnapper.

"Be on the lookout in the area of 910 Riddick Road Shelby Forest, subject responsible for kidnapping."
A radio transmission heard Wednesday afternoon shows investigators are on the lookout for the girl at Shelby Forest, but the Shelby County Sheriff's Office says deputies never found the van here or any signs the two were ever in Shelby County.

Devine says authorities believe Simpson has limited resources and the van he's driving doesn't get great gas mileage, so a cross country trip would be difficult.

Tonight they are conducting overnight air searches in the Rogersville area.
More @ Link: http://www.localmemphis.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-remains-in-effect-for-missing-east-tn-girl

<modsnip>

She deserves at least a name instead of lazy abbreviated initials.

MOO COW

[h=1]Police: Missing CT in ‘Imminent Danger of Serious Bodily Harm or Death’[/h]Tips have been flying in from nearly 20 states, and the case has gained the attention and aid of the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
Efforts include: “Ground searches, involving several partner agencies continue, along with air searches by helicopter, performed by the Tennessee Highway Patrol” and will be “ongoing on an ‘as-needed basis’ as part of the overall search effort.”

More @ link: http://www.*************.com/n3/206...inent-danger-of-serious-bodily-harm-or-death/

Can I ask you all something? Selfish mod request? In anticipation of this beautiful child being found ALIVE, can we start using her initials?

If this newest report is at all true, this and the previous thread will need redacting at some point in the future if our prayers are answered.

#evenmodsgetemotional

MOO COW

(see the above quote in reply to using her initials rather than her full name)

<modsnip>

MOO COW

One of the mods, IIRC, requested reference by initials. I don't remember why, but there was a specific reason. The first thread and this thread, until then, was using her first name or full name.

Investigators working to verify more than 1,200 tips for missing Tennessee girl

After investigators elevated the alert from "Endangered Child" to "AMBER," more than 1,200 tips from 19 states were reported.
The states where tips originated from include:
*Tennessee
*Kentucky
*South Carolina
*Virginia
*West Virginia
*North Carolina
*Georgia
*Louisiana
*Florida
*Missouri
*Idaho
*Arkansas
*California
*Alabama
*Washington
*Pennsylvania
*Mississippi
*Montana
*New York
So far, "there have been no credible sightings of CT, Gary Simpson, or the van in which investigators believe the two may be traveling."
More @ link: http://kimatv.com/news/nation-world...ore-than-1200-tips-for-missing-tennessee-girl

:grouphug:

I know folks. I know. I have lived and breathed this case right along with you. All we can do is keep sharing the alert, far and wide. With the current protocols for Alerts as they are this falls to us, the public, to get the word out and get this child home in the only way we can from a distance. AWARENESS.

SPREAD IT. far and wide.

Can I ask you all something? Selfish mod request? In anticipation of this beautiful child being found ALIVE, can we start using her initials?

If this newest report is at all true, this and the previous thread will need redacting at some point in the future if our prayers are answered.

#evenmodsgetemotional

Yes. I forgot about looking forward to this child's privacy if our prayers are answered. You know I am sensitive to that fact. I retract my opinion in the interest of this victim's privacy.

My apologies to all.

:cow: :moo:

<modsnip>

MOO COW

I know, initials drive me crazy too. Most of the time I refuse to use them. I think in this case, what the mod is thinking is that because we are now presuming she is the victim of a sexual attack and she is a minor, but it's silly now because we all know her name.

:facepalm: If they have a location why are they asking residents to search? Do LEOs in this country ever do any leg work any more? Do they even get out of their cars? All they seem to do, is send out alerts and ask residents to search for them. No wonder they haven&#8217;t found this girl yet.

My god, they have a location. Set up a perimeter and send officers to search the properties.

Maybe because owners don't have to ask themselves for permission to search their private property, and are more likely to know if they have outbuildings, cabins, caves or other such places on their property, or if they've ever had people camping or squatting on their land before.

I can tell we're all frustrated and want CT found NOW. It shows in our posts, how pent up we are. I know it's out of fear for this poor girl being abused or killed.

Here we go! My findings (and supporting links) will appear below tlcya’s questions, in red.

Originally Posted by tlcya
okay, I am now getting confused. And I have been here from day one.
:banghead:Same here

FACT he was reported to be the primary caretaker for disabled adult son.
Yes-Fact

Where is it confirmed he was paid for that? I do know it is perfectly possible and probable that he received some payment for it but I missed that being stated in MSM.

From link (
http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforcement/2016/05/05/Child-who-was-picked-up-at-scho):

Simpson is unemployed and serves as caretaker for his adult disabled son.

From link: (
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/gary-simpsons-wife-bring-carlie-home/185715385)

She (LS) is now on her own to care for their disabled son. For years, it has been a job for two, but in a home that's now lonelier and quieter, Linda says she’s no longer sure how to feel.

From link (http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Wife-of-AMBER-Alert-suspect-talks-to-Local-8-News-378857051.html):
I'm just worrying worrying and worrying. Try to take care of my son by myself mostly," said Linda Simpson.
"Last time I saw him (GS) was at 6:30 in the morning. When he took the car, he was leaving just like normal. Getting ready to take my mother to the doctor and he just left went out the door," said Linda Simpson.

IMO: These 2 articles both seem to imply that both GS and LS are caretakers for their disabled son. It seems that now (with GS gone), LS is having to care for their son on her own, which seems to be a change from before GS took off. The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] article also states that that morning, GS left just like normal. Maybe this is one of the rituals she was referring to previously. Or maybe she just means that there was nothing unusual about GS demeanor when/before he left that morning.

IMO: It appears that either both are unemployed, or both had the day off of work at least, considering LS was to stay home with their son, and GS was to take his MIL to a doctor’s appointment (was it verified anywhere that he actually did take MIL to said appointment?)

From link: (
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/search-continues-for-missing-9-year-old-girl):
He is currently unemployed and has limited resources.

From link: (http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/its-been-a-week-since-carlie-trent-disappeared/185433423):
"And really, I didn't really say bye, he didn't say bye because you know how hectic things can be that early in the morning. I was doing one thing, he was doing something else, but he just left like normal," she said.
Since then, her life has been anything but normal. The couple has a disabled son that she now has to care for on her own.

From link: (http://www.wcyb.com/news/investigators-still-think-missing-rogersville-girl-is-in-an-isolated-area/39442632):
The TBI has also been tracking his bank account. He used cash to buy the camping equipment at Walmart, but there has been some activity on his account.

DeVine told us Simpson is unemployed, so he doesn't have limitless financial resources.

From link: (http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/tbi-issues-endangered-child-alert-for-9-year-old-rogersville-girl-1/184682583):
"He was an unemployed individual so he doesn’t have limitless financial resources. Whether that means he pops up tonight, Tuesday, Thursday, we just don’t know," DeVine said over the weekend. "We don’t want it to go that long. We want her home tonight."

I also missed where Mrs. Simpson is employed full time and gone all day. I didn’t find anything in MSM about Linda’s employment (whether it exists or not) and/or where she spends her time (whether it be home, work, etc.). I am guessing this one is purely speculation taken as fact; just a poster(s)’ thoughts as far as a potential theory. I cannot find anthing in MSM to back this statement up, or disprove it for that matter.

I also missed where Mrs. Simpson said Gary would disappear for 10 hours at a stretch.I searched extensively, and I did not find anything in MSM stating LS said GS would disappear10 hours at a time.
From link: (http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Endangered-Child-Alert-issued-for-Tennessee-girl-378203981.html):
"He's done things before but it really was harmless stuff. Really just something to agitate you or make you mad. But he's never done anything like... something as drastic as kidnapping somebody,” Simpson said.
She gave examples of Gary Simpson disappearing for a few hours and making up a story for attention.

Help a girl out here.
My conclusions:
-No evidence in MSM that GS (or LS for that matter) were compensated for being caretakers of their adult son, who is disabled. It can probably be speculated that the son receives some form of payment from Social Security Disability, and one or both of his parents are potentially the payee. Respite care may also be a service that GS and or LS are providing, and that would be translated to caring for the son, taking him to outings in the community, etc., and being paid for time spent doing so. My daughter has autism; I have never heard of it being approved that a parent provides respite care of his/her own child. As far as I understand (in WI at least) the point of the county funding respite care is to ‘give parents a break’ so to speak. Have someone to help with the disabled child so parents are able to go to a doctor’s appointment, take a college course, spend a few hours cleaning house, etc. I have personally not utilized respite care, so this is just the info provided to me by our county case worker.
-Fact: GS is currently unemployed.

-Fact: GS (along with his wife, LS) are considered caretakers for their adult son, who is disabled.

-No evidence in MSM (or elsewhere that I have come across—have not tried SM as I do not want to fall down the rabbit hole sleuthing when LS is not a suspect, and thus cannot be sleuthed per TOS) that LS is employed, whether it be full- or part-time (or, like GS, unemployed).

-No evidence in MSM or elsewhere, as to whether LS is home all day, or if she is typically gone all day, due to work or any other circumstances.

-I cannot find a single MSM article that implies that LS said GS would disappear for 10 hours at a stretch. I can only find her saying he would disappear for ‘a few hours’ at a time.

I have been searching for over 2 hours, so unless something popped up very recently, this should be pretty accurate (I hope!)

If I came across anything that I didn’t remember seeing before, I posted it (meanwhile, getting behind in the thread I am sure)—so I apologize if any of my postings were repeats!

Now, I am going to catch up on the thread! Hoping for good news!
:please::lookingitup::findinglink:

Maybe because owners don't have to ask themselves for permission to search their private property, and are more likely to know if they have outbuildings, cabins, caves or other such places on their property, or if they've ever had people camping or squatting on their land before.

I had the same thought today. I'd be checking properties with barns large enough to conceal a van that also have a water source like a pond or stream. That seems reasonable to me.

My wife just pointed out that bank owned foreclosures would be the perfect place to hide out. I once printed of a list of foreclosures in Miami that had fruit trees so that we could have fresh fruit while on vacation. ( I was young and dumb...but it worked. Noone asked us a single question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member