TN TN - Chloie Leverette, 9, & Gage Daniel, 7, Unionville, 23 Sept 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: Well, I think that -- the family has recently issued a $1,500 reward for information leading to the return of the children, and I think that that`s totally appropriate. It`s very difficult for law enforcement at this point in time to put too much resource into trying to locate children who may be dead. But I think a reward could help in other ways.

BBM...from the NG transcript...

I understand. But, golly geez...

Happy Thanksgiving, Chloie & Gage.

So all a perp needs to do is convince LE that the victim(s) are already dead? That just doesn't seem right to me.

I have this horrid feeling that if Chloie and Gage were closely related to someone famous, then LE would be much more willing to invest resources in "children that may be dead." For whatever reason, these two kids don't have someone to speak for them who knows how to get attention.

And that's a lousy basis for LE. It turns it into a popularity contest.

I ran across this case by accident while reading some news websites tonight -- a house explosion with some similarities to this case: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...micide-investigation-20121119,0,5051932.story

I seriously doubt if that case is related - or if the motive is even the same. If you read the local paper, it seems to be pretty obvious what happened in the Indy explosion. I suspect they'll have an arrest or two pretty soon.

But..... regarding this case, I am starting to wonder if there might have been some sort of illegal activity going on at the grandparent's house - with or without their knowledge? Those tanks in the basement are still bothering me.

I seriously doubt if that case is related - or if the motive is even the same. If you read the local paper, it seems to be pretty obvious what happened in the Indy explosion. I suspect they'll have an arrest or two pretty soon.

But..... regarding this case, I am starting to wonder if there might have been some sort of illegal activity going on at the grandparent's house - with or without their knowledge? Those tanks in the basement are still bothering me.

I presume you mean the insinuations that the people who owned the house blew it up for insurance? The articles haven't been saying much of anything; police there are also keeping information very close. But I wasn't thinking of a direct connection.

I wonder whether there was any insurance on the house or life insurance on the grandparents and if so who the beneficiary was.

And yeah, I wonder about something illegal too.

The local medical examiner has apparently established a cause of death because there was a funeral for Leon and Mollie a couple weeks ago. Of course, the cause of death may have been "unknown." Depending on how badly burned the bodies were, it may not be possible to establish for sure the cause of death if it didn't involve breaking or scratching any bones. Which could include a gunshot, killing by knife or even being tied up with some type of material that burned easily. Something like cotton or hemp line rather than nylon or polypropylene which melts and clings.

The thing that bothers me is that Shasta Groene was rescued because an alert waitress noticed she looked like the missing girl. Without more media attention, who is going to recognise Chloie and Gage?

Exactly! I just can't wrap my head around the fact that these kids faces aren't plastered all over the place. It has been determined they were not in that fire. So, WHERE are they? I just don't understand why their isn't a massive manhunt for these two sweethearts!!?? :banghead:

I presume you mean the insinuations that the people who owned the house blew it up for insurance? The articles haven't been saying much of anything; police there are also keeping information very close. But I wasn't thinking of a direct connection.

Have you seen the interview with the homeowner? Interesting. I will say that I don't think the house was ever meant to blow up, only to burn.

I wonder whether there was any insurance on the house or life insurance on the grandparents and if so who the beneficiary was.

And yeah, I wonder about something illegal too.

Good question re the insurance - wonder if there was any on the kids? And if there was something illegal going on, it would certainly explain a lot.

I haven't read all the posts here. It looks like there is no explanation as to why there were so many propane tanks.
Did they use it for heat or stove fuel?
Did they use it for a hobby (my sis uses propane for a glass working torch)
Where the tanks even theirs? Were they letting someone collect tanks down there to trade in? I remember last summer in our area of the PNW people were stealing the tanks from backyard barbeques for $$.

So strange and tragic.

Has there been a picture published of what the house looked like before it burned? I couldn't find one but I haven't had much time to look yet.

I haven't seen any report for cause of death from the ME office, but I did find this obit for Leon.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1905360.html

Mr. Albert Leon "Bubba" McClaran, Sr., age 72, of the Rover Community of Bedford County, died Sunday evening, September 23, 2012 from injuries sustained in a house fire.

And this one for Molli

http://www.t-g.com/story/1905361.html

Mrs. Mollie Woods McClaran, age 70, of the Rover Community of Bedford County, died Sunday evening, September 23, 2012 from injuries sustained in a house fire.

Each contains photos and a list of relatives.

I am not sure how it would work with insurance, exactly...but if it is thought to be a suspicious fire, I don't think they are going to be willing to pay up. They might even decline to pay up if accidental given that having that many propane tanks in the house is creating an unsafe condition. JMO

I haven't seen any report for cause of death from the ME office, but I did find this obit for Leon.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1905360.html

And this one for Molli

http://www.t-g.com/story/1905361.html

Each contains photos and a list of relatives.

BBM

And not a one, with the possible exception of "Joy" who was mentioned upthread, has even a single belief, idea, or thought of what may have happened or where the children are--or is it that he/she just hasn't shared with MSM? Does anyone else find this strange?

BBM

And not a one, with the possible exception of "Joy" who was mentioned upthread, has even a single belief, idea, or thought of what may have happened or where the children are--or is it that he/she just hasn't shared with MSM? Does anyone else find this strange?

https://www.glocal.com/videos/show/169461
Mr. Leon's sister, Mary Lamb, has been vocal, too. She appears so sweet and genuinely concerned.

In my perfect world, today...I'd like to drive on over to Unionville...give her a big hug, pray together...then ask her about them dat gum propane tanks!

It kind of staggers the mind when LE says they "don't have time" to search for these two little ones, who could be dead anyway. Well, aren't they the silver-tongued devils? Heck...I wouldn't have said that, even if it was true.

You are not forgotten, Chloie and Gage!

BBM

I don't find it strange that nobody has talked to the media. Seems like the sensible thing to do, the way the media behaves these days.

I don't understand how with that many siblings in the family, the aging grandparents were the only ones available to take care of the kids.

I'm so sad to hear these little ones have not been found. I remember the day the alert went out for them. I heard they were in their grandparents custody and thought for sure they would show up in a day or two with a parent. I pray that they are not in the hands of a maniac like the Groene case.

https://www.glocal.com/videos/show/169461
Mr. Leon's sister, Mary Lamb, has been vocal, too. She appears so sweet and genuinely concerned.

In my perfect world, today...I'd like to drive on over to Unionville...give her a big hug, pray together...then ask her about them dat gum propane tanks!

Someone needs to!! I was thinking about those propane tanks this morning. 20 is a heck of a lot.

Why are these kids not a priority????

I am not sure how it would work with insurance, exactly...but if it is thought to be a suspicious fire, I don't think they are going to be willing to pay up. They might even decline to pay up if accidental given that having that many propane tanks in the house is creating an unsafe condition. JMO

True. Though I wonder how many people contemplating killing someone for insurance really think through the investigation aspect.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Indianapolis fire: somebody thought they'd get the insurance money, killed the family and set a fire to cover up, and didn't realize the tanks were in the basement.

I don't have anything great to add here- but I figure this will keep it bumped.

This case seems like media gold. I mean, a crazy fire- dead grandparents- missing kids- it is like the beginning of a crime novel. I don't know how the national media has not been all over this.

My only guess is that everyone assumed at the beginning that the kids had perished in the flames and the media had to wait for results. By the time those came in, interest had died??

I hope the kids are alive and safe somewhere.

I think it might be different if their homeowner's policy covered the property as a rental. When renting out your property, the insurance goes up b/c it's assumed that tenants won't care for the home as a homeowner would. So it may cover accidents and negligence... Some leases require that the tenants have a tenant policy - and in that case, it would be a battle between the insurance companies, albeit tenant policies usually just cover your own belongings.

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: Well, I think that -- the family has recently issued a $1,500 reward for information leading to the return of the children, and I think that that`s totally appropriate. It`s very difficult for law enforcement at this point in time to put too much resource into trying to locate children who may be dead. But I think a reward could help in other ways.

BBM...from the NG transcript...

I understand. But, golly geez...

Happy Thanksgiving, Chloie & Gage.

A light bulb just went off in my head. I've been reading here for quite a while and it seems to me that abduction/murders are proliferating. I know, there are those who say we are just hearing more about them. Maybe so, but it still seems to me I'm hearing about a lot more of them than ever before.

That said, it seems the economy, which has also impacted our LE, may play a part. Perps aren't stupid, in fact many of them have above average intelligence, and right now I'm too lazy to give a link, but I have read stats on this. I'm beginning to think crime is proliferating because of budget cuts to our LE, the perps know this and take advantage. Recently I posted a URL about crime where I live. Yep, the police force is dwindling. I'm starting to believe the less available money, the more crime, and possible the more crime that is never fully investigated or solved.

Just MY OPINION, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1streetwalker
Back