TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminding jurors they said they could come back with DP if they proved the crime if agravating circumstances overcame mitigating ones. She says that is the case. She closes.

somebody in the audience made a weird cry.

Green talking about the murder of Channon who was murdered in horrific fashion...but not by Cobbins directly. (I disagree with this.) He says his roll was inaction but implies that isn't exactly equal to murder. He argues for LWOPP. He'll never get out again. (Unless law is changed in the future by lawmakers sympathetic to criminals with sad childhoods.)

He confessed. That should be taken into account. He won't be able to get out of jail. (Unless there's a prison break or a tornado opens up his cell block and frees him.) He won't hurt anyone else. (Unless he rapes and or murders a fellow inmate for tarnishing his self image, or prison guard in the aftermath of a prison riot.)

I agree with Mary Newsom. Channon and Chris didn't get life or death choice, so why should these guys? If they hold the power to take a life in their hands, why shouldn't the state have the same power over them?

How dare he use the Fathers of the victims in his defense close. I'm offended!!

How hard this must be for Channon's and Christian's parents to listen to these pleadings to spare Cobbins. I don't think I could be there if it was my child. They are very brave.
This guy is a I hope he is very, very afraid.

If the defendant had a father like the two fathers of the victims then maybe he wouldn't be hear today.

He basically said that Chris and Channon were lucky to have fathers that loved and cared for their kids. Cobbins wasn't that lucky.

It was disgusting!

State recross talking about choices. No one put him there but him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat