GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thomas saying that Chris was blindfolded and hands bound when brought into the house.

Introduced exhibit 302 into evidence.
Everyone in the galley averted their eyes; I wonder what it was?

Boom! And there you go. Directly stated that Eric Boyd killed Chris. Now, can the state show any direct evidence of him? Fingerprints on gas can?? Anything? If not, I can see him getting off if all they have is this statement.

Thomas testified that he saw three flashes and Boyd came back for the gas can.

Thomas also testified that he saw Boyd go into the room where Channon was being held.

Thomas testifies that he never heard Channon scream (I find this incredibly hard to believe :mad:). When asked who went into the front bedroom where Channon was at, he says Boyd, Davidson and he thinks Cobbins.

Thomas testified when Daphne came over and tried to enter the kitchen, Davidson wouldn't let her enter the kitchen. He also testified he thought Channon was still in the bedroom at this time.

I'm only catching a small portion of his testimony, but it seems from what I'm hearing that he has distanced himself from everything; kind of like he just stood back and watched. I suppose this will get challenged when he his cross examined but it's something I bet the jurors are noticing, as well.

Also, does anyone else believe none of these guys talked about what they did after it happened?? I sure as heck don't. JMO

TK asking him about his arrest in KY, his convictions and his deal to plead guilty: 25 years for each victim. Asking him if the pros or anyone else told him what to say.

Thomas testified he was not present when Channon was put in trash can.

He testified he did NOT bound, rape, or kill Chris or Channon.

TK asks if Thomas was present when Channon called her dad, he says no. She asks if he ever heard Channon say anything, he says no. She asks if he ever heard Chris say anything, he says no.

TK asks if he ever made the statement "I'm sorry I shot that boy." or "I'm sorry I killed that boy." He testifies no.

(I think I got the wording correct)

They initially only wanted Channon's 4 Runner but when they saw approaching headlights, that is when they shoved both Channon and Chris into her vehicle and took off.

IMO they could have taken Channon and Chris a few miles away and dropped them off and still had Channon's 4 Runner. They took them back to the house to kill them, which wasn't necessary to their supposed aim of stealing a vehicle. Boyd and Davidson were experienced car jackers who could have found a chop shop after unloading the victims elsewhere.

Thomas changed his story today from his original police interview. He has ALWAYS played down his own involvement and did today as well.

Today Thomas said Cobbins didn't go along to kill Chris Newsom. He blames Boyd for all the crimes against Newsom. In his original statement Thomas had Davidson and Boyd take Chris to his death.

Another new story. Thomas says they left Boyd alone in the Chipman house with Channon while he, Davidson, Cobbins, and Coleman drove off somewhere. What Thomas said today is different from what came out in his own trial (s) and Cobbins' 2009 trial.

Still, this is the first time Thomas has testified under oath. And the first trial testimony to place Boyd in the Chipman house during the murders.

I'm only catching a small portion of his testimony, but it seems from what I'm hearing that he has distanced himself from everything; kind of like he just stood back and watched. I suppose this will get challenged when he his cross examined but it's something I bet the jurors are noticing, as well.

Also, does anyone else believe none of these guys talked about what they did after it happened?? I sure as heck don't. JMO

Just a regular old Sunday to them. Makes me so sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth
Back