Found Deceased TN - Constance, 34, Chloe, 12, & Lily Reed, 9, Gatlinburg, 28 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No information about Constance, Chloe or Lily from press release.

I was hoping we would have news by now regarding this family's fate :(
Still praying for answers and miracles!

I'm not sure what kind of access LE is giving to the property owners who's homes went up in flames, probably not much. I think this lady and her daughters took off running to get some distance between themselves and the fire, and probably ran headlong into yet another fire. They will have to send out search crews in order to find them, and they are going to need to look under things that are lying on the ground.

They most likely attempted to get into some kind of a makeshift shelter in order to escape the flames. That shelter could be a whole host of different things, and that's most likely why they haven't been located. It's also possible they simply huddled up together and got overtaken by the fire. It's hard to say, and with all the damage they are sorting through right now, I don't know how much time is being allotted to go walk up and down the side of the mountain looking for them.

My guess would be they'll be found within a 1/4 mile of their home. I was hoping they were going to show up in a shelter somewhere, and it's still possible, but with all of the media attention focused on this particular story, it seems unlikely that they haven't been recognized by the people running the shelters.

As usual, you bring up points I hadn't considered. Today is the first day they let anyone in officially. They're still putting out hot spots. Look under stuff. So sad. Praying for peace at this point.

Every interview I've seen the husband give, he has his cell phone in his hand while showing people pictures of his wife and his girls. The phone isn't ringing.

5 days after the fire, and the phone hasn't rang, at least not from the people he is seeking the most.

Not looking good..............................

They may have tried to seek shelter inside a vehicle, a metal building or garage, under a concrete porch or deck, in a body of water, in the crawl space under a home, etc. Many of those places might protect them from the flames, but it wouldn't help a whole lot with the smoke inhalation. Normally people will attempt to stay low to the ground, since the smoke and the heat tend to rise.

I think it's possible one of them has been identified, but nothing will be released until all three are located or until it's deemed appropriate to do so.
I am truly saddened by this tragedy.

The number of missing equal the number of unidentified deceased...sadly I don't think that is a coincidence. Might be waiting for dentals.

My heart aches.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The number of missing equal the number of unidentified deceased...sadly I don't think that is a coincidence. Might be waiting for dentals.

My heart aches.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think there was an identification last night of someone that hadn't been reported by the media as missing. You may be right on the dentals, especially if all three have been found, but not together.

The news post was just updated at 3:02 pm.

"[FONT=&amp]Family tells WATE 6 On Your Side two bodies were found near Constance Reed. Grandmother Jeannie Gardner believes they are her granddaughters, 9-year-old Lily and 12-year-old Chloe, but she is waiting on positive identification from the medical examiner’ office."
[/FONT]

https://www.google.com/amp/wate.com/...roid-sprint-us

My heart breaks for this family.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm sat here trying to find words. I saw on FB about the fires and thought it was heartbreaking people lost their homes and beautiful buildings had been destroyed. I hadn't realised people had died and were missing.

Tears and a very heavy heart :(

Chloe and Lilly Reed, the granddaughters of a Centerville man, were found dead following the wildfires in Tennessee.

Saturday was the fifth day Grant Reed’s daughter-in-law Constance and his granddaughters — Lily, 9, and Chloe, 12 — were missing.
The Sevier County Sheriff’s Department told the family it was apparent Constance had been fleeing the fire on foot when she perished, according to WHIO-TV affiliate WVLT-TV. She and her daughters became separated from her husband, Michael Reed.
Constance Reed’s mother told our partners at WVLT-TV she was told two bodies were found around Constance. They have not been identified as the daughters by officials, but the family has confirmed the deaths.
http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...ads-to-gatlinburg-to-search-for-his-mi/ntHnh/

Sounds as if they headed out on foot and got caught up in a whirlwind of fire. I take it her husband must have had the only family vehicle, otherwise I don't know why she wouldn't have tried to drive out instead of fleeing on foot. I also have to assume that the neighbors close-by to where they lived, who were also being evacuated, were unaware this family needed a ride out of there. Mom may have also been under the impression that her husband was going to return and pick them all up, not realizing the roads had been closed. .

Sad situation for everybody.

I hope that father has a network of friends, family and community support, it would be very difficult to go on after such a tragedy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lamp
Back