GUILTY TN - Dana Wilkes, 48, Chattanooga, 9 Nov 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They must have a POI to not release the identity or with the way things are may be they want to keep the indentity quiet until they can find a POI....

Dana's poor family....

There is no delicate way to say this, but LE are likely to be working on finding all of her remains for not only evidence, but for the family's closure as well. I so hope this is a TN case that can be solved and answers provided to the loved ones.

My continued prayers for the family. May God give them strength and comfort at this time.

They ID'd the man from Dec 2nd that was found in the river, but yet to ID the woman found prior. WTH is going on? You would at least think they could confirm who it is and add they couldn't say anything more about the investigation.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/dec/06/missing-womans-husband-believes-shes-dead/

The husband of a missing woman said in a jailhouse interview today he believes the partial human remains discovered last month belong to his wife, Dana Wilkes.

The woman’s body was found Nov. 25 in the 3700 block of Youngstown Road.

Tom Wilkes, 57, who is in jail for violating his probation as a habitual traffic offender, said detectives showed him pictures of his wife’s Mickey Mouse and butterfly tattoos on her legs to help confirm the identification.

Wilkes believes one of his friends, who has a violent criminal record, may have had something to do with the disappearance and possibly the death of his wife.

“There had to be some trickery somewhere,” said Wilkes. “Maybe he was on drugs.”

Chattanooga police have made no arrests in the case and have not identified the body.

Dana Wilkes, 48, was last seen Nov. 9 near her home in the 100 block of Palo Verde Drive. Tom Wilkes said he spoke to her on the phone the same day.

Her 2000 green Jeep Cherokee was found near Wilcox Tunnel on Wilcox Boulevard a day later with blood splattered inside it.

Why would one of his "friends" murder his wife? Keep talking Tom.

:furious:

Shouldn't they have DNA back for ID'ing by now? How long does it take?

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20281897/husband-of-missing-woman-speaks-out-from-a-jail-cell
<snipped>

Guards rolled Tom Wilkes into the interview room at the Hamilton County Jail in a wheel chair Thursday. He receives dialysis every week and recently had surgery after complications from treatment for prostate cancer.

<snipped>

Tom and Dana Wilkes met at a dialysis clinic on East 3rd Street five years ago. At the time Tom was a patient, Dana worked there. Their relationship soon took a different turn, they became much more than friends.
There's also a video at the link.

ETA: They'd been married only since August. He breaks down in video and denies any involvement in her disappearance when asked. No reason to think he would be involved IMO.

This is so frustrating.. I cant imagine what her family is going through. Sounds like hubby knows the motive. Such a lovely, tiny little woman. UGH.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20281897/husband-of-missing-woman-speaks-out-from-a-jail-cell
There's also a video at the link.

ETA: They'd been married only since August. He breaks down in video and denies any involvement in her disappearance when asked. No reason to think he would be involved IMO.

IMO he knows who and why. Why would he point the finger at his "friend"? That implies he knows something and it may have had to do with something he did or didn't do. Did he owe this "friend" drug money, perhaps? Was he a jail house snitch and this friend retaliated?

Poor Dana. :(

What was the occasion for this man to be the last person to see Dana...and where? Can LE confirm this? Was the chess buddy someone who got dialysis treatments also or just another friend of his? Did the friend frequently go to their home for socializing? Neighbor?

I'd like to know what kind of criminal activities this friend was previously charged with?

Why did she answer that door!!:banghead:

What was the occasion for this man to be the last person to see Dana...and where? Can LE confirm this? Was the chess buddy someone who got dialysis treatments also or just another friend of his? Did the friend frequently go to their home for socializing? Neighbor?

I'd like to know what kind of criminal activities this friend was previously charged with?

Why did she answer that door!!:banghead:
BBM
IMO, because she recognized the person, which would make sense that it was her husband's friend. They'd only been married about 3 months, so Dana likely didn't know her husband's friends very well but wanted to be hospitable. Likely, it was common for the man to socialize there.

IMO, they were playing something a lot rougher than chess! Could her husband's friend be the person who last saw Dana at 10:00 p.m. the night she disappeared? Maybe there was evidence of who was in her apartment, or maybe Dana mentioned to her mom who was visiting, and when her husband found out who was in the apartment, he vouched that, yes, his friend was capable of killing Dana.

Sounds like a nice lady getting mixed up with some rough characters.

BBM
IMO, because she recognized the person, which would make sense that it was her husband's friend. They'd only been married about 3 months, so Dana likely didn't know her husband's friends very well but wanted to be hospitable. Likely, it was common for the man to socialize there.

IMO, they were playing something a lot rougher than chess! Could her husband's friend be the person who last saw Dana at 10:00 p.m. the night she disappeared? Maybe there was evidence of who was in her apartment, or maybe Dana mentioned to her mom who was visiting, and when her husband found out who was in the apartment, he vouched that, yes, his friend was capable of killing Dana.

Sounds like a nice lady getting mixed up with some rough characters.

Agree. It was after 11 pm tho. I think she was vunerable and too trusting. JMO, but if a man I was dating hadn't been married in 34 yrs and then popped the question after 2-3 mos of dating...it would shoot up red flags instantly.

Tom Wilkes said he spoke with her on the phone the same day.

Her 2000 green Jeep Cherokee was found near Wilcox Tunnel on Wilcox Boulevard a day later with blood splattered inside on the dashboard.

Wilkes said his friend's relative lives a short distance from where the vehicle was found.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/dec/07/man-thinks-missing-wife-is-dead-friend/

BBM

How convenient is that??
Some friend...
Wonder if Dana had a small life insurance policy?

Article also says per Mr. Wilkes,

"I have murder in my heart," Wilkes said in an interview about the disappearance of Dana Wilkes, his wife of just over a year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20
Back