GUILTY TN - Dana Wilkes, 48, Chattanooga, 9 Nov 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agree it would just be a matter of time but as you can see it's already taking longer to ID which leads me to question if this was a tactic used to flee the State or Country? In other words, buying time (?)

I just think they are "unknowledgable to logic". I believe the perp is someone she knew that definitely knows the area. Now whether that person was presently living in Chatt, or previously had and lives somewhere else, IDK. If they lived in Chatt, I tend to believe they are still there because he tried to distance himself with the mutilation...thinking everything was "taken care of". Also, the body was dumped vs buried or well concealed. What does that say of the perp or his relationship to her? Of course n/t, I could be totally wrong too...won't be the first time. LOL.

I just think they are "unknowledgable to logic". I believe the perp is someone she knew that definitely knows the area. Now whether that person was presently living in Chatt, or previously had and lives somewhere else, IDK. If they lived in Chatt, I tend to believe they are still there because he tried to distance himself with the mutilation...thinking everything was "taken care of". Also, the body was dumped vs buried or well concealed. What does that say of the perp or his relationship to her? Of course n/t, I could be totally wrong too...won't be the first time. LOL.

Sending a message to someone perhaps? Her husband is in jail for various offenses including drugs? No bond.

Wilkes' husband, Tom, has been locked up in Hamilton County Jail without bond since he was arrested Oct. 21 for violating his probation through the motor vehicle offenders act.

Tom Wilkes has a lengthy record of mostly traffic offenses as well as a few drug-related arrests, according to court records.

The neighbor said the couple was driving in Alton Park when police made a traffic stop and arrested 57-year-old Tom Wilkes.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/nov/27/headless-handless-body-awaits-id-chattanooga/

Sending a message to someone perhaps? Her husband is in jail for various offenses including drugs? No bond.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/nov/27/headless-handless-body-awaits-id-chattanooga/

I didn't even know she was presently married:what::what:

Also from article:

A neighbor who declined to give his name said he heard her vehicle start at 11:30 p.m. the night she went missing.

"I just heard her leave," he said. "She was a great woman. I don't have a bad thing to say about her. She never argued with anybody."

So the neighbor didn't see her leave; only heard her car.

This is truly a gruesome crime. Someone was very angry to leave the body in pieces...and the head missing???

This makes me sick :banghead::banghead:

I was thinking that, too. Her husband's in jail for violating probation, but considering the past drug charges I'm wondering if he owed someone a drug debt. Someone may have demanded payment and Dana didn't have the money, so they made Dana pay with her life. Did the perp know her husband is in jail?

I do believe Dana recognized the person. Otherwise, I doubt she would've opened the door for him. Whether or not the body found is Dana's, we do know she suffered a violent death because of the blood splatters in the car. The article I posted states that the victim didn't die in the location the body was found. Since the family said that it didn't appear Dana had been alone in the car, I really hope the perp left something in there with his DNA. If this is drug-related, there's a good chance he has a criminal record and his DNA is in the system.

We hope Dana wouldn't have opened her door to someone she didn't know well, especially that late at night.

But there's another possibility: perp may have let himself in before she got home and simply waited in a closet or under a bed in a spare bedroom. He could have waited til she hung up the phone with her mom, then pounced.

There are a variety of ways to get in. Opening or breaking a window is common, but a lesser known security risk is through an outside entry into the attic. Carports with pull-down stairs are one, also side vents. Perps can hide in the attic til a person is sound asleep and then let themselves in through an opening inside, often inside a closet or hallway. :(

I've been told that is a first choice for professional killers. :(

Oh my...headless and handless...how sad.

Í'm sure this was done to delay identification; the killer is definitely making a statement (to the husband???). I bet Dana suffered; they may have wanted information...who knows, I hope LE is investigating full force.

((((Dana's family/friends))))

The waiting must be awful.

We hope Dana wouldn't have opened her door to someone she didn't know well, especially that late at night.

But there's another possibility: perp may have let himself in before she got home and simply waited in a closet or under a bed in a spare bedroom. He could have waited til she hung up the phone with her mom, then pounced.

There are a variety of ways to get in. Opening or breaking a window is common, but a lesser known security risk is through an outside entry into the attic. Carports with pull-down stairs are one, also side vents. Perps can hide in the attic til a person is sound asleep and then let themselves in through an opening inside, often inside a closet or hallway. :(

I've been told that is a first choice for professional killers. :(
O/T
I had never heard of these until I discovered I had one. My attic entry..those stairs... was in the garage, but also there was an exit right above the steps leading to the back doorway into the house. There was also one in my bedroom closet. I freaked, because I was always leaving the garage door open when I was doing yard or garden work. That stopped immediately and I hung bells on that trap door in the closet...just in case. LOL I have a thing about garages. So easy for someone to bop in just after you pull in and before you hit the remote. Then your trapped. I also had a set of stairs leading to the basement from the garage that someone could easily hide in.

What are side vents that would be big enough for a person to fit through?

Bumping up for Dana, with prayers for her family and those who love her. The waiting must be agony for them and I hope they can at least get some closure soon.

Her Missing FB page is gone????

Does that mean an announcement is forthcoming?

I'm assuming so, but nothing out there yet. I hope we will be hearing of an arrest also. This poor family.

Wish MSM would report if the remains were Dana.

Seems the family believe so....

:please::please::please:

for Dana, family and friends.....

Why would LE not make it official? Strange.

I don't know, but I'm getting antsy. (sp?) If this is her, which I believe it is, then I want to know who hurt this little woman who people say was a sweet, caring and selfless person. And then dismembered her. It wasn't because she weighed too much to carry!!!

I get the feeling LE has someone in the hot seat they are grillin', IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VikkiB73