TN TN - Dandridge, WhtMale 41-50, UP1547, living photo, 20+ diff IDs, Canadian tag, Jun'03

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Al Ka,
I am under the same assumption, I do not think he was living under a false ID but rather he might of just been a low key quiet guy with few friends, possibly new to the area?
I do however believe that the answer does lie with wherever this photo was taken and by ~Whom~ its just a matter of time before it circulates and someone says " oh my gosh I remember that guy working at *fill in the blank*. I think this Jon Doe will eventually be solved but will take some time as the case never (as far as I have been able to tell) made the papers.

I think that the photo is from an ID card actually, presumably one with a name on it. If you look just under the photo it looks like there's some handwriting cropped out.

If that is really AAA uniform on the photo then the company might have the answer, no matter how old photo might be.

Yup!

Is it possibly that a AAA unit used photos on their cards at the time? I don't recall ever having my picture on my AAA card. On the other hand, if this is any sort of ID card, there is a name on it!!!

Haven't heard from the newspaper or library, but this is vacation season.

Yup!

Is it possibly that a AAA unit used photos on their cards at the time? I don't recall ever having my picture on my AAA card. On the other hand, if this is any sort of ID card, there is a name on it!!!

Haven't heard from the newspaper or library, but this is vacation season.

That's what makes me think this was someone living under a false name or identity. If this is from an ID card with a name on it, and that name/identity is valid - then why exactly is this person on Namus? If a name but no next of kin is known, that's now unidentified that's just unclaimed...

Considering this gentleman was found on a residential property, with at least a photo that's possibly on a card - that makes me think that there was some kind of name for him somewhere, but that name didn't check out.

I could obviously very easily be wrong, but that's what I'm leaning toward. It doesn't look like the photo is just a photo by itself, it looks cropped from SOMETHING.

The lack of basic details in NamUS profiles has always grated on my nerves. But this case is basically no real info, but somehow they got an actual photo of the guy.
If they want anybody to recognize him, a pic is great. But that doesn't help much if you only know when/where he was found.

I've basically had AAA since I started driving in the mid-1990's. What you get is a (CC-sized) card with your name and AAA number on it and a little silver sticker to put on your back windshield. I've never seen one with a photo on it, so that shouldn't be his AAA card.

And from my (many) encounters with them, I know that there aren't really any "AAA tow truck drivers." The people sent out to help you work for one of the local towing agencies. The towing places are affiliated with AAA and usually the closest one of the affiliated agencies is the one that will be dispatched. If he worked in one of their offices, I don't think the pic looks like it would be on a worker's ID in that situation. The AAA kind of looks like it's a stamp of some kind.

About the possible fire (or destruction of the house in some way)... I looked the place up on Google Earth and looked back through the archived aerial photos. I know that somebody said the house was built in 2004, but it doesn't look like there was anything there earlier than that. It's kind of hard to tell l since the season plays a huge role in those aerial pics (summer foliage v/s bare in the winter). The available years skipped from 1991 until 2007.
In some of the years where the photo is from the summer time, you can't even see the house at all. But it's definitely there because it was there in both an earlier and a later pic.

Interesting case. I suspect the photo ID is an International Driving Permit. AAA issues them and requires a passport sized photo.

Even today, it only requires a photo, US drivers license and $20: http://www.aaa.com/Vacation/idpf.html
JMO, It would be easy to get one of these with a false ID or make a fake International Drivers permit if you had access to a AAA Stamp.

The actual permit they give you is just a piece of paper with your info and the photo attached and a AAA stamp on it. Google "AAA International Driver Permit" pictures and you will see examples.

Interesting case. I suspect the photo ID is an International Driving Permit. AAA issues them and requires a passport sized photo.

Even today, it only requires a photo, US drivers license and $20: http://www.aaa.com/Vacation/idpf.html
JMO, It would be easy to get one of these with a false ID or make a fake International Drivers permit if you had access to a AAA Stamp.

The actual permit they give you is just a piece of paper with your info and the photo attached and a AAA stamp on it. Google "AAA International Driver Permit" pictures and you will see examples.

I agree. I believe AAA does passport photos too, so it could be that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy should be identified -- we don't have much to go on, what are we missing?

Seems that with a shady driver's license in anyone's name, you can get an International Driver's Permit?

I think new info in NamUs:

"Decedent was renting and living in the basement using an alias at the time of death. He had over 20 different identifications in his possession at the time. All identifications were verified and found to be alive. He also had in his possession a Canadian tag registered to a company in Canada, no leads were generated."
This is pure insanity. What was this guy on the run from? It's one thing to live your life in one other person's name, but to have 20 false IDs? Why has this case not gotten more publicity? It's fascinating.

I think new info in NamUs:

"Decedent was renting and living in the basement using an alias at the time of death. He had over 20 different identifications in his possession at the time. All identifications were verified and found to be alive. He also had in his possession a Canadian tag registered to a company in Canada, no leads were generated."
This is pure insanity. What was this guy on the run from? It's one thing to live your life in one other person's name, but to have 20 false IDs? Why has this case not gotten more publicity? It's fascinating.
Whoa consider me absolutely sucked into this mystery. I wish they would release the IDs he used. Maybe we could figure out his path of travel and how he may have gotten these IDs, leading to a more specific point of investigation.

I wonder if he is Canadian:
The Doe Network: Case File 4176DMON
The Doe Network: Case File 3611DMBC
The Doe Network: Case File 1626DMNF

I'm also wondering if he committed a crime and stole identities on the run like El Dorado Jane Doe, or if he possibly did nothing and ran away like (possibly) Robert Ivan Nichols (Joseph Newton Chandler).

I do think it's interesting that he used real people's identities instead of false identities/pseudonyms. Over 20 is A LOT of identities to steal. Again, I'm wondering about a geographical trail and timeline...

I'm confused - this UID was not found in Kingsport, but this one was: Unidentified Person Case
The NamUs ID number matches our guy though?
Oh my, I had no idea! I guess I'm kinda used to UIDs being referred to by numerous names, so without knowing the area myself, I assumed this was the case here, too. Thank you for clearifying!

I would think it would be easier to mistake one single digit (and the last one in the NamUs ID), than mistake the name of the area, don't you think?

Oh my, I had no idea! I guess I'm kinda used to UIDs being referred to by numerous names, so without knowing the area myself, I assumed this was the case here, too. Thank you for clearifying!

I would think it would be easier to mistake one single digit (and the last one in the NamUs ID), than mistake the name of the area, don't you think?
I don't actually know the area either - I'm from northeastern Massachusetts! I was trying to do research on it and couldn't find anything with it related to Kingsport. Didn't even notice they're only one number apart. That makes so much more sense.

Can someone find the images & set up a side-by-side???

IN - IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

TYIA JMHO YMMV

ETA: the Paul Harrod thread link:rolleyes:
Original
52072575_2126168620775887_2740610758902546432_n.jpg
52179353_2126168880775861_8921958434681651200_n.jpg

Thanks a bunch, UnlicensedPI!!!

Now what do we all think? Is it just the mustache fooling me?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back