Recovered/Located TN - Dylan Ray Regenold, 15, missing from youth residential facility, Gallatin, 13 Dec 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

rainynights

Reaction score
A teen is missing from a Gallatin youth residential facility, and police are asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to contact them.

According to a Dec. 16 Gallatin Police Department Facebook post, Dylan Ray Regenold, 15, was last seen by staff at the Volunteer Youth Academy, 220 South Hickory Ave., at 9:30 p.m. Dec. 13 when he went to bed.

Sometime between then and 7 a.m. Dec. 14, Dylan pried a window open with metal and used a bed sheet to escape from the second floor, the post states.

Police think he possibly went to Franklin, Tenn.

48367957_2029287440442770_7515435659754995712_n.png

Teen missing from Gallatin residential facility

Gallatin Police Department on Facebook

Family desperate to find missing 15-year-old son who escaped Gallatin treatment facility
Dylan's mother says staff is responsible for checking on the residents every 15 minutes, it's called Q-15.

“Dylan had literally cut the window out of the wall, so had the gentleman been going in every 15 minutes like he was supposed to, Dylan would have never had the opportunity to do that; the bed sheets were still hanging out of the window the next morning when the staff arrived. I don't believe that he even went in even during the night to see him sleeping, supposedly, otherwise he would have seen that the window was out,” said Dylan’s mom, Cassara Regenold.

upload_2018-12-18_4-38-43.png

Family: Missing Tennessee boy wanted to get to Tallahassee

[...]

The family said they have reason to believe based on prior communication with friends and family that Dylan wanted to get to Florida, specifically Tallahassee.

The Gallatin Police Department said he has no known location other than possibly going to Franklin, TN.

If anyone has information on any of his whereabouts please contact the Gallatin Police Department at 615-452-1313.

5c1adbd98a91f.image.jpg 5c1adbea41722.image.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 6.38.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 6.38.29 PM.png
    379.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 49085466_379366896143244_7104624352879968256_n.jpg
    49085466_379366896143244_7104624352879968256_n.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 17
I despise seeing children locked up. I hope every other option was exhausted.

I’m rooting for this kid. I pray things stabilize for him, and that he moves forward towards a productive life, even if it means living with other family members, etc.

Sorry, but I've got a problem with the mother blasting that her son "has had mental health issues for years" all over the media. This is an invasion of his privacy, and will stigmatize him (although it shouldn't, it does) for future opportunities.

I hope this young man surfaces hearty and hale very soon, and finds a good living arrangement where he can flourish.

Opinion and speculation only

It would seem the decision to place him at the facility was not made lightly...

“It’s has been a devastating battle for our entire family. We have been fighting for his life for years. Actively seeking help for him since he was seven-years-old. This was not a case of parents who are too weak to care for their child. We had to make the very difficult choice of trying to get him the help he needed while keeping the other children in our home safe," she said. “

This is his mother talking from one of the above links.

Sorry, but I've got a problem with the mother blasting that her son "has had mental health issues for years" all over the media. This is an invasion of his privacy, and will stigmatize him (although it shouldn't, it does) for future opportunities.

I hope this young man surfaces hearty and hale very soon, and finds a good living arrangement where he can flourish.

There are children with severe mental health issues that unfortunately continue into adulthood and are not treatable. I have a friend who suffered immensely like this mother is, and sadly, her son committed suicide in his 20's. We found out afterwards that his uncle did the same years ago, around the same age, too. Believe me when I tell you, she did everything in her power to get him help. He was in and out of mental hospitals. Do you have any idea what is like to be scared to death of your own son? My friend did, as well as his siblings. They grow up, they get bigger, taller, and physically stronger. My friend was no match for him, neither was her ex husband. They had to lock their own bedroom doors at night, out of fear that he might snap and try to kill them while they were sleeping! I won't post everything that they went through, but believe me, it was torture for my friend, her ex, who they lived together again to try and help him, and their other two children. They loved him so much, never gave up trying to help him. They wanted him to stay in the mental hospital, because once he was out, he would refuse to take his medications and go off the deep end again- this happened many times in his short life.

I know you're a kind and caring person and I appreciate what you are trying to say, but after witnessing what my poor friend went through, I say walk a mile in these parents' shoes before judging them. To this day, my friend wracks her brain, trying to think of things they might have tried to help him, and their guilt is enormous, no matter how many times loved ones and friends have told them that we all know they did the very best that they could for him.

There are children with severe mental health issues that unfortunately continue into adulthood and are not treatable. I have a friend who suffered immensely like this mother is, and sadly, her son committed suicide in his 20's. We found out afterwards that his uncle did the same years ago, around the same age, too. Believe me when I tell you, she did everything in her power to get him help. He was in and out of mental hospitals. Do you have any idea what is like to be scared to death of your own son? My friend did, as well as his siblings. They grow up, they get bigger, taller, and physically stronger. My friend was no match for him, neither was her ex husband. They had to lock their own bedroom doors at night, out of fear that he might snap and try to kill them while they were sleeping! I won't post everything that they went through, but believe me, it was torture for my friend, her ex, who they lived together again to try and help him, and their other two children. They loved him so much, never gave up trying to help him. They wanted him to stay in the mental hospital, because once he was out, he would refuse to take his medications and go off the deep end again- this happened many times in his short life.

I know you're a kind and caring person and I appreciate what you are trying to say, but after witnessing what my poor friend went through, I say walk a mile in these parents' shoes before judging them. To this day, my friend wracks her brain, trying to think of things they might have tried to help him, and their guilt is enormous, no matter how many times loved ones and friends have told them that we all know they did the very best that they could for him.
Hi Steels,

Yes, there are very difficult family situations that parents have to deal with. My point of contention is notifying the world via the web that he is mentally ill. As a minor, doesn't he have a right to have his medical history private? I think this was very poor judgement on her part. She could have just said he was having some medical issues and left it at that. Of course, only an *opinion* as usual!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hi Steels,

Yes, there are very difficult family situations that parents have to deal with. My point of contention is notifying the world via the web that he is mentally ill. As a minor, doesn't he have a right to have his medical history private? I think this was very poor judgement on her part. She could have just said he was having some medical issues and left it at that. Of course, only an *opinion* as usual!

Again, I totally understand where you are coming from, believe me.

However, would if he is considered dangerous? Maybe the Mom has concerns about him not only self harming, but possibly harming someone else?

It's so scary and frightening, what some of these parents live through. Sadly, what I posted above about my son's friend isn't even 1/20th of what that family went through with him. Some of them get violent in their teen years- so frightening. I remember when my friend's son wanted to talk to me about something- just came over unexpectedly and decided to stay the night at our house. My daughters were scared to death of him, and he loved our family very much and I truly believe in my heart he never would have hurt us, but still, you know? It scared us a little bit, knowing his violent tendencies.

Again, I totally understand where you are coming from, believe me.

However, would if he is considered dangerous? Maybe the Mom has concerns about him not only self harming, but possibly harming someone else?

It's so scary and frightening, what some of these parents live through. Sadly, what I posted above about my son's friend isn't even 1/20th of what that family went through with him. Some of them get violent in their teen years- so frightening. I remember when my friend's son wanted to talk to me about something- just came over unexpectedly and decided to stay the night at our house. My daughters were scared to death of him, and he loved our family very much and I truly believe in my heart he never would have hurt us, but still, you know? It scared us a little bit, knowing his violent tendencies.
As always, you make excellent points.
I hope my intuition is off on this one, and that this young man is found soon, and gets whatever help he needs to settle in and thrive.
: ( Arrrrggggghhh!!!! : (

As always - amateur opinion and speculation only.

I think it’s an honest attempt at not sweeping it under the rug. The fact he was institutionalized would lead someone to this conclusion, plus I’m pretty sure it’s no secret among those who know him and the family. Any which way, we want him safe.

I think it’s an honest attempt at not sweeping it under the rug. The fact he was institutionalized would lead someone to this conclusion, plus I’m pretty sure it’s no secret among those who know him and the family. Any which way, we want him safe.
Perhaps I am overly alerted to these large families and treatment of children thanks to the Turpin and Hart families! But you are so right - as long as he finds an environment where he can thrive; that's all that matters. He only has a couple years before he can make his own decisions, unless the courts deem him incompetent, which is a non-trivial process with lots of checks and balances.
Praying for this family and a positive outcome.

Last edited:
Lord have mercy, his mama’s posts on the fb page are heartbreaking
Gallatin LE isn’t being helpful even tho he is only 15!
I contacted their page and suggested they get an attorney to push LE and the facility HARD
And suggested we corral the Nashville music community to spread the word on fb and twitter. Looks like I found another rabbit hole to occupy my time

Dylan turned 16 on December 27th. His family and friends (especially his close friends) would know where he would want to have spent that birthday. A gamer convention? A concert in Nashville? Where would he have wanted to be on his birthday? And/or, anyone special he would have wanted to be with? I would be shocked if he didn't have a bestie who didn't know where he is, or the general vicinity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back