Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see how that can help you though. Whose DNA? She's abducted by someone driving a black SUV in the early morning hours. How would garden shears at her own home help?
It’s got me stumped as well. Unless they have a particular handyman that’s recently given them a reason to think he could be involved?

Just saw this case online and have now caught up with the thread.

I don't have FB or Twitter and I don't know what's being said there. From reading the thread now, I THINK that I think this is a legit abduction. It's captured on video, I know.

I do have Sherri Papini blinking in my head, and I'm unsure of why something is being investigated at Eliza's own home, but so far I think it's an actual abduction.

Praying for her safe return.
I suppose police have to exclude that Liza met someone online, or became vulnerable through social media.

Thoughts on the large police presence outside of the Fletcher home? Is their home being used as a staging area? TIA

She’s from a prominent local family and has a lawyer relative who works in city government so I’m sure this case is getting extra special attention. Plus the usual factors that makes cases like this national news

I just don't see how that can help you though. Whose DNA? She's abducted by someone driving a black SUV in the early morning hours. How would garden shears at her own home help?
DNA and blood - if they suspect that part of the CS was her own home.

P.S. she did post about looking for someone to hung a swing from a tree, and was recommended arborists. Might they use shears for part of work, to cut off small branches?

Last edited:
DNA and blood - if they suspect that part of the CS was her own home.
Maybe they didn’t recognize them. id rather the police be overly critical of all the crimes scenes than miss something. We have seen a lot of cases in the past where items were over looked or contaminated. If the owners didn’t recognize the garden sheers then the police will hopefully check and cross it off the list.

JMO. The garden shears taken would be more in line with evidence of a crime. Not for victim DNA. Interesting that it is from her house. I do like that it could be connected to a Gardner etc.

She was abducted during her regular jogging route by someone who stole a vehicle between midnight and 3 AM. That suggests pre-meditated abduction.

That suggests that he has seen her in the past couple of weeks, he knows her jogging route, and he might know where she lives. He might have gone to her house unseen and tried to get into the vehicle. Who knows. Checking the car for evidence is probably to rule things out.

Regarding the garden shears, either something on the property was cut, or they were found at the wrong place in the yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82