Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All those sprays are only good if you are actually holding the cannister with your finger on the spray so you know exactly where it will spray.

There would not be anywhere near enough time to even remove one from a pocket, look at it in the nightime dark at 4:20 in Memphis this morning, and make sure you know where the nozzle is going and then spray it unless you were stationary and awaiting an attack, IHMO.

I've tried to do that in concealed carry training and I ended up spraying myself almost every time.

This is the pepper spray I have. You can have it in your pocket but once you bring it out it does look like a firearm, so you are supposed to warn the person that you are going to spray them, to be legal using it. (Really).

The Heavy.com article is updated with info about a black SUV stolen between midnight and 3. The owner thinks it's the SUV in the police photos. Maybe...

"A woman wrote on the Fox 13 television station’s Facebook comment thread on the case that her sister drove a similar vehicle that was stolen between midnight and 3 a.m. on the morning in question. It’s not clear whether it’s the same vehicle, though, although the comment writer believes it was."

1662165578106.png

Abduction for ransom seems to be super rare these days, as it's almost impossible to get away with. It does occur of course, but it tends to involve people who won't go to the police (gang members, and other criminal organizations).

So, are you thinking what I am thinking now? Not an abduction in an unsafe area, not gangsters, but a special sort of “white collar crime”, for the lack of a better term for today?

I'm going to guess she felt safe because it's not really that far from her home, there are houses around, and it's a main street.

All reasonable assumptions, but in this day and age at 4:20 am, not places to let your guard down.

The Heavy.com article is updated with info about a black SUV stolen between midnight and 3. The owner thinks it's the SUV in the police photos. Maybe...

"A woman wrote on the Fox 13 television station’s Facebook comment thread on the case that her sister drove a similar vehicle that was stolen between midnight and 3 a.m. on the morning in question. It’s not clear whether it’s the same vehicle, though, although the comment writer believes it was."

View attachment 363556
Ok I think those head/tail lights look a LOT like those in the suspect vehicle.

Here we go again, women are not safe out jogging. I hate every one of these cases. I have been part of "Take Back the Night" for over 40 years...and nothing has changed.
Yep. Those are fun for toddlers to sit in fire trucks, but have no impact on reducing crime.

Theory about garden shears (with no scientific basis, just my own opinion)- could they perhaps be something that Liza used recently, like in the last few days; and potentially contain her prints or maybe even blood from a cut sustained while gardening? Obviously easier ways to obtain DNA but wondering if there’s a specific reason these were taken.

They’re likely towing the vehicle so they can look at the computer and see where she’s been recently. Not sure about the garden shears, but maybe for fingerprints / DNA. Or maybe they have a gardner that didn’t show up to work today?
Maybe the husband noticed that the garden sheers had been moved?

If this was premeditated, and the suspect knew her jogging route in advance, then he knew where she lived. It's possible that police are looking for evidence that he was at the house - invited or otherwise.

View attachment 363556
Pre-meditated, with a vehicle stolen up to 4 hours before she was abducted.

Just saw this case online and have now caught up with the thread.

I don't have FB or Twitter and I don't know what's being said there. From reading the thread now, I THINK that I think this is a legit abduction. It's captured on video, I know.

I do have Sherri Papini blinking in my head, and I'm unsure of why something is being investigated at Eliza's own home, but so far I think it's an actual abduction.

Praying for her safe return.

maybe even blood from a cut sustained while gardening? Obviously easier ways to obtain DNA but wondering if there’s a specific reason these were taken.

That’s what I’m thinking.

I imagine the convo went something like this:

Investigator: Does she have anything with DNA on it that she’s used recently?
Mr. Fletcher: Yeah, she cut herself on the garden shears yesterday. I had to get her a bandage.
Investigator: Can we take it as evidence?
Mr. Fletcher: Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members