Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the family is wealthy and connected, LEOs are probably just being cautious and keeping quiet. It is also a three day weekend so there’s going to be less reporting. There may also just not be anything new to report. I don’t see any reason to read into the perceived silence.

Something is up, I'd bet the farm on it.
In addition to no press conferences, I’ve looked at the Twitter and social media accounts of local reporters and news stations - Nothing.

IMO based on LE searches yesterday, including the late night search of a nearby park, it appears to me that they’ve had a working theory from early on. I’m wondering if there are major developing issues that have LE keeping very tight lip. I’m betting that when we do hear something it’s going to be a major announcement.

In addition to no press conferences, I’ve looked at the Twitter and social media accounts of local reporters and news stations - Nothing.

IMO based on LE searches yesterday, including the late night search of a nearby park, it appears to me that they’ve had a working theory from early on. I’m wondering if there are major developing issues that have LE keeping very tight lip. I’m betting that when we do hear something it’s going to be a major announcement.
Agreed. I definitely get the impression this isn't going to be an enduring mystery. It wouldn't shock me to have a major development in the coming hours or days.

So, in cases like this, do you all think that members of the press have a good idea of what is happening and are just waiting, or are they just guessing like we are?

Since the family is wealthy and connected, LEOs are probably just being cautious and keeping quiet. It is also a three day weekend so there’s going to be less reporting. There may also just not be anything new to report. I don’t see any reason to read into the perceived silence.
Follow enough of these cases, and you'll see that it being the weekend doesn't matter, at least very early in an investigation.

Those early days are the most important.

So, in cases like this, do you all think that members of the press have a good idea of what is happening and are just waiting, or are they just guessing like we are?
I don’t think this is your average case with the level of connection and wealth this family has. All of that influence matters in a very small town (mindset anyway) of memphis. A town where old money runs things and they are very much a part of that.

In most cases they know a heck of a lot more, but are limited in what they can report (news room policies, unsubstantiated rumors, and not wanting to hamper the investigation).

That's why I love press conferences, as you can get a feel for what they know by the questions they ask.

Taking her car is very curious to me and I can only assume it’s directly related. I wonder if they are checking the car for evidence of an Apple Air Tag that was hidden on her car by someone. Maybe someone has been stalking her. Maybe the shears did not belong to the family but were found in the yard, further lending to the idea of someone in that house being watched. Imo
I found it odd they carried the shears out, why not put in an evidence bag? Did they want the ”public” to see the shears? I find it odd.

Follow enough of these cases, and you'll see that it being the weekend doesn't matter, at least very early in an investigation.

Those early days are the most important.
Absolutely. And if LE were out searching in the area, I believe someone would be reporting on it. Look at the coverage from the places they searched yesterday. JMO.

Lining up the image of the SUV (stripes, traffic light, and median curb) to Google maps, which way would the SUV have been traveling on Central?

In most cases they know a heck of a lot more, but are limited in what they can report (news room policies, unsubstantiated rumors, and not wanting to hamper the investigation).

That's why I love press conferences, as you can get a feel for what they know by the questions they ask.
Some of the recent pressers (not this case) have made me laugh though, it seemed like many in the press are asking questions from the TC social media rumor mill and not real life

DNA would come from a toothbrush or hairbrush.

As a teacher, wouldn’t she have been fingerprinted for a background check? I’m thinking her fingerprints would be found on anything other than shears.

The shears dumbfound me at the moment. They must mean something.

And yes, after the flurry of activity yesterday it is extraordinarily quiet today. Makes one wonder.
Ah, taken for finger prints. I hadn't thought of that, even though you're saying they shouldn't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife