Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If its true that Liza is the grand daughter of a billionaire and supposedly friends of a federal judge, could it be possible someone is carrying out a vendetta? My other question: has LE given a description of the male seen on the video who allegedly abducted Liza?
No description of the suspect, and a relatively vague description of the vehicle, "a dark-colored GMC Terrain."

So a little over an hour ago, I took a drive by her house. There were two cars from Channel 5 there and they looked like they were about to interview someone. There was also someone taking photos of the house. Before that, I was hanging out at Overton Park where police were searching late last night. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary there. On the way home I drove by the University and where she was taken. The route from her house all the way down Central seems kind of dangerous especially the intersection of Central and E Parkway which is very wide. It goes by the Liberty Bowl stadium which is not in the best part of town then there’s a sharp curve on Central.
Thanks for the descriptive tour. I lived near Memphis years ago and now I have a better idea of where this happened.

If she's five miles from home and the average female runner her age runs a mile in 12.3 minutes then yes she'd have to have left her home around 3am. That seems a bit extreme. But maybe she puts her kids to bed at 8pm and then goes to bed herself She wakes up at 3am, does her run and returns home before her husband sets out on his bike at 5 am? If they are both very athletic people this could be their routine.
Was she returning home when this happened? Not sure if this was reported, I was trying to figure out her start time too, but obviously don't know how long her general route is. She has averaged sub 8 minute miles in competition so she is an above average distance runner.

Remember A few years ago when 'The Runaway Bride' disappeared from the Atlanta area? I think I recall an interview with Ret. Det. Ted Williams and him saying that the 30 year old woman was above the age that abductors typically targeted. And then she was found out west, Arizona, possibly. The PD taking things from the home makes me wonder what they think is going on.

Not to get too hung up on this.. but if she is someone that has qualified for a Boston Marathon, I am sure she runs a mile in a faster time. My fiance is an avid runner, and she said she would most likely be 5 miles away from home in about 40-45 minutes.
That would be about right. The qualifying time for Boston at her age is 3:30, which is about 8 minutes per mile. She would not necessarily be running at race pace for a training run, so somewhere between 8 and 9 minutes per mile is reasonable for a minimum 10 mile run. I am an avid distance runner myself and have run two marathons, if that helps.

There's a video of her being forced into a vehicle. It hasn't been released though.
Why do we think the police are saying the picture released is all they have of the car if they have footage of her being forced into the car too? Seems odd.

(“MPD told Fox News Digital on Saturday that it does not currently have a license plate for the suspect vehicle and that a blurry photo TBI released Friday is the only available footage of the SUV in question.”) from Abducted Eliza Fletcher: Memphis teacher's husband spotted day after her disappearance

If its true that Liza is the grand daughter of a billionaire and supposedly friends of a federal judge, could it be possible someone is carrying out a vendetta? My other question: has LE given a description of the male seen on the video who allegedly abducted Liza?

If say a ransom request or something else has been issued would LE be acting in the way are we seeing or would something different be going on?

Last edited:
Remember A few years ago when 'The Runaway Bride' disappeared from the Atlanta area? I think I recall an interview with Ret. Det. Ted Williams and him saying that the 30 year old woman was above the age that abductors typically targeted. And then she was found out west, Arizona, possibly. The PD taking things from the home makes me wonder what they think is going on.
That was one of the issues I had too. Yes, there is precedent for women over 30 being targeted, and you could argue that a random abductor wouldn't have realized (it was dark), or wouldn't have cared.

Anecdotally though, that seems to be rare on the whole.

The evidence tag shears are mentioned at the below link sorry I can't copy and paste right now

The source of that article is a tweet from a reporter on the ground at the time who was just reporting what he saw in the tweet -- it was a quick take and he had no way of knowing whether the shears were actually "tagged" as evidence.

My other question: has LE given a description of the male seen on the video who allegedly abducted Liza?

No, which is totally weird in my experience having been both a student + worked on a four campuses in different states. Descriptions are given, and this is including crimes without victims statements (missing students but with "people of interest" noted in proximity that sort of thing). If the police thought there was danger to the community there would be way more public statements by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee