Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Washington, D.C., homicide detective Ted William says Memphis teacher Eliza Fletcher’s abduction is either “random” or “pre-planned,” which is what police are likely trying to determine as they search for the missing woman.

“This abduction of Eliza Fletcher in Memphis is suspect…for many reasons,” Williams told Fox News Digital. “One, law enforcement are trying to determine whether this was a legitimate abduction or whether this was something that was pre-planned.”

Williams says he has seen many such cases in which criminals stalk their targets on their consistent running or exercise routes.

“The…authorities are going to go back in the past few weeks to see if they can see that vehicle anywhere in the area of which she jogs,” Williams said, adding that “video is going to be instrumental in locating that vehicle.”

“I find it very interesting that law enforcement would tow away the vehicle at [Fletcher’s] home. … All of those things factor in,” Williams said. “Law enforcement is trying to find out what really was the [connection between] a woman jogging at 4:30 in the morning and a video that appears to show that she’s been abducted.”

So this expert says it’s either random, or nor random….thanks dude! That narrows it down

Why do we think the police are saying the picture released is all they have of the car if they have footage of her being forced into the car too? Seems odd.

(“MPD told Fox News Digital on Saturday that it does not currently have a license plate for the suspect vehicle and that a blurry photo TBI released Friday is the only available footage of the SUV in question.”) from Abducted Eliza Fletcher: Memphis teacher's husband spotted day after her disappearance
I am also wondering this. Also, why wouldn't they release the footage of her being forced into the car? Maybe someone can identify the male suspect based on their mannerisms, gait, etc. All we got is a blurry photo of the car. But then maybe it's b/c they already know who the suspect is and don't feel the need to release the video.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but a) have they checked if Eliza uses any apps like Strava or Life360 to share her run/location with others? These BOTH should be something any runner, especially women out alone or at weird hours should use. Then family members can see your history and know when you have/haven't arrived somewhere. I wonder if Strava would have an unfinished run? It used to be a very common app for 5k / 10k / half/full marathon runners to use.

Edit: Strava has a feature called Beacon that shares your run, and not your whole day's journey, to another person so they know how your run is going, cheer you on, but also track to make sure you got back safe.

A panicked abductor is not likely to have a great deal of concern about the victim, are they?
I guess it depends. If they didn't know who she was and have since learned about her then they very well could want to negotiate some type of ransom. Seems really reckless to kidnap someone in a city with so many cameras.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but a) have they checked if Eliza uses any apps like Strava or Life360 to share her run/location with others? These BOTH should be something any runner, especially women out alone or at weird hours should use. Then family members can see your history and know when you have/haven't arrived somewhere. I wonder if Strava would have an unfinished run? It used to be a very common app for 5k / 10k / half/full marathon runners to use.

Edit: Strava has a feature called Beacon that shares your run, and not your whole day's journey, to another person so they know how your run is going, cheer you on, but also track to make sure you got back safe.
I realize that is a bit too late for Eliza now, as we know where she was taken and her phone was found, so it didn't go with her, but something to make sure women (and men!) use in the future.

She and her husband have Strava subscriptions, hers hasn't been ever used to post runs. She has also been pictured wearing a Garmin gps tracker watch so I'd imagine she was wearing it for some time (I mean more than dumping an iphone)

Last edited:
It appears so. This isn’t looking very good for Eliza, though.
Nope, it appears this has taken a very dark turn. I'm not sure I've ever seen a suspect/vehicle located, and the victim be found alive (when not recovered at the same time).

Last edited:
So this expert says it’s either random, or nor random….thanks dude! That narrows it down
I think that's his PC way of working in his theory that this is "likely" pre-planned and something "is rotten in Denmark" ...
This dude, knows when something isn't making sense. There are also potential clues on Eliza's own IG account. In her own words she states the marriage has been through the fire (my words).

The thing I'm still thinking about is the close proximity to the University. Some creeper may have been cruising that area for a particular reason, or if it's true she runs the same route with some predictability - targeting Eliza herself.

Right now I'm 65% inside job - 35% targeted abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife