Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO this is sad. It is beyond unsettling that a person must constantly be on the look out for a predator when exercising. Exercise like running is similar to meditation for some. EF, a mother and career person may have needed quiet running to give her the boost for her day but her peaceful start ended with being abducted by a monster. I am sorry for EF and the sadness her family will endure.

This guy seems so brazen and careless, he seems to get caught with every bad move. I wouldn't think there's a lot he got away with before this.
You may be right but I hope not. His DNA has been in the system for years. I hope if he had raped and/or murdered before Eliza his DNA would have been identified.

So saddened by this case. I always try to learn something/anything from these terrible events. I know we say to always put up a fight. At the same time, we have had cases where people do that/fight (or not—and they plead to be let go), and it just doesn’t matter either way to the perp. I suppose every incident is different, but is there any benefit to trying to remain cool, or even act weird…like you’re going along with their plan? Or are we just doomed from the start and especially if we see the perps face? :(

MPD said Fletcher's body was found near a vacant home in the 1600 block at the corner of E Person Ave. and Victor St. around 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 5. Investigators confirmed the identity just before 9 a.m. Tuesday morning, just minutes after cancelling a City Watch Alert.

Parker King reports she was found in the grass near 1666 Victor Street.

1662489100393.png

^^ 1666 VICTOR ST (right, white structure).

1662489186206.png
^^ Person Ave.

1662489239919.png
^^ Victor St & Person Ave

1662489284174.png

360 view of Person Ave & Victor St

ETA - add street labels

Last edited:
He may have also been counting on police to not be willing to take a missing persons report until it had been 24 or 48 hours. He probably assumed he had plenty of time to clean up before anyone would even be looking for her.
agreed, it was really fortunate that the MP report was taken seriously, the video of vehicle and struggle as pulled into was located quickly. This could have gone entirely different without those two factors.

Very unfortunate that Eliza crossed paths with this unusual person (self edit) that morning. It cost her her life and her children their mother.

Did the defense attorney file a written motion for "change of venue"? I think she put 2 motions in each jacket. Think the other was for bail reduction? Is this expected and somewhat automatic in cases like these? She came prepared.

skeeved me out when she was so close to CA talking/whispering

Google maps link to see some of the wooded area on Victor. I did a 360 around and google drove up and around the area. I don’t see a duplex, but perhaps it’s simply a house with a front and rear entrance. I am worried about that patch of kindling and branches I see.

agreed, it was really fortunate that the MP report was taken seriously, the video of vehicle and struggle as pulled into was located quickly. This could have gone entirely different without those two factors.

Very unfortunate that Eliza crossed paths with this unusual person (self edit) that morning. It cost her her life and her children their mother.
I strongly feel though that he was looking for any female he thought he could overpower and he would have done this to someone else if it wasn’t her. Just the wrong place at the wrong time for whoever crossed his path.

I strongly feel though that he was looking for any female he thought he could overpower and he would have done this to someone else if it wasn’t her. Just the wrong place at the wrong time for whoever crossed his path.
Agree, I doubt very highly she was targeted based on the info currently available. I think it was just a matter of time and opportunity before he took a victim. Wrong place wrong time for Eliza. He was a ticking time bomb. The neighbor who described his creepy ways . . . yeah, it was just a matter of time. MOO He doesn't know how to function outside prison. He wanted what he wanted and he took it. RIP Mrs. Fletcher.

Her shorts found in trash bag leaves little doubt to me about SA. Can autopsy confirm if a SA was just prior to or just after death? Which one carries heavier punishment?
Possibly- if there were lacerations in the genital area, it can be determined whether they occurred before or after death. Not sure which carries the heavier punishment.

How did he access that location? Is there entry from the back?

I don't think he spent two hours there, but his phone must have idled in the area long enough to make it a search location.

The area previously searched, on land and by boat (?), I fear that's where he must've been for the longest span of time, hence the lengthy search.

Those two-plus hours terrify me.

JMO

Possibly- if there were lacerations in the genital area, it can be determined whether they occurred before or after death. Not sure which carries the heavier punishment.
I am no legal expert, but I believe if the victim is dead before the sexual assault, it is no longer sexual assault, but abuse of a corpse, which is still a felony in Tennessee. Whether she was sexually assaulted or not, and I believe she probably was, with all of his other charges already piling up, this guy is never going to draw another breath as a free man. No case is ever a slam dunk for the prosecution, but this one should be about as close as they come. JMO

Last edited:
If he learned of his name change from SS, maybe his name change is due to someone in his family requesting it? I’d totally understand a family member legally disowning him. Is that possible?
I don’t think legally you can change the name of an adult family member that way. I wonder if he wanted to start using the name Henderson instead of Abston after he was released from prison, as his prison records appear to be under Abston, to further separate himself from that past. I guess it comes down to whatever Tennessee law says counts as a legal last name.

@BradBrodersTV

New details in affidavit in #ElizaFletcher case: Person/Victor searched Monday after data from FBI, Fletcher found at 1666 Victor Street after investigators noticed vehicle tracks in high grass at vacant property. Fletcher's running clothes found at 1591 S. Orleans, in trash bag.

11:47 AM · Sep 6, 2022

A map showing where her clothing was found to where her body was found. It's all around the same apt complex where his brother lives. He really didn't take any care as to hiding either. Just seemed to dumped where convenient. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliWicked77