Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The updated affidavit had some information that I didn't know before reading:

* LE found out CAH'S phone number from his employer on Friday and were able to obtain his records that day
* Records showed that his cell phone was located at the site where and when EF was abducted
* It seems like investigators already had CAH in mind when they got a hit in CODIS

Last edited by a moderator:
I've started going through the MPs. There are 23 during the period he was out. Unfortunately, a lot of them have very, very little information on Namus. I plan to try to find more on newspapers.com and by searching online. There's one in particular that worked relatively close to where he lived, who disappeared on her lunch break from Walmart. I plan to work through the list of UIDs in Memphis as well. I wonder if there's a logical place for those who are interested to have a thread devoted just to potential victims of CA/CH.
Awesome that you’re taking this on.

I’m thinking—if I were the DA, the ONE and ONLY prayer this dude would have for avoiding the DP would be to confess to other crimes and lead me to their remains.

I’d expect they’ll be leaning VERY hard on him for information about other possible crimes of his.

Obviously I don’t want there to exist other crimes, but it would be a good opportunity to get some closure if indeed he did disappear others. MOO.

I'm like you -- can not imagine that he controlled himself and walked the straight and narrow. I'm wondering if at this stage, LE might look for missing people they've had no results with and NOW THAT THEY know, re-examine cases. You would think they would want to solve outstanding cases. There should be a unit for that. Wonder if there is?
Or unsolved murders as well.

I think the CODIS hit came first. Then they located the police report from September 1 which had the employer. They called the employer to get the phone number. It is not 100% clear because everything seemed to happen fast but that is the way I read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are right but he was working a night shift cleaning the theater the night of 8/31 that turned into 9/1. Then he apparently used the card after work, the owner reported it when she started getting text alerts that it was being used, police investigated, then I think they arrested him the evening of 9/1. There may not have been time to fire him. I can't believe that she would keep him on after he stole but we just don't have any information and the timing would be tight.

It’s safe to assume this company didn’t do an extensive background check (I’ve lost track of what was or wasn’t still on record).

I’m surprised he was working anywhere conventional but apparently he did it for the ‘perks’.

I’m thinking—if I were the DA, the ONE and ONLY prayer this dude would have for avoiding the DP would be to confess to other crimes and lead me to their remains.

I’d expect they’ll be leaning VERY hard on him for information about other possible crimes of his.

Obviously I don’t want there to exist other crimes, but it would be a good opportunity to get some closure if indeed he did disappear others. MOO.
While I agree, I don't think we will see that for a while. I think they will do a deep and thorough study of his phone pings and see if he was in the area of a prior crime at the same time. There is no reason to bargain with him until they have used other tools.

I think the CODIS hit came first. Then they located the police report from September 1 which had the employer. They called the employer to get the phone number. It is not 100% clear because everything seemed to happen fast but that is the way I read it.
Agree. I have to admit though, getting the feeling they had an idea who they were after when they saw the video. MOO

I wonder when they obtained the video of the theft that happened to confirm that the shoes were his? Did they already have it to investigate the theft and then just happened to notice the shoes? One video helping with two separate crimes

Edit - given the fact that they seemed to have their eye on CA as a suspect so quickly, I wonder if he was already under investigation for other disappearances? Just speculating, MOO, etc.

Some new stuff in here. Someone was helping him clean the SUV and LE never even asked the apt manager for the video.

He is then seen cleaning his car for two hours, at one point with the help of an additional unknown person.

I've started going through the MPs. There are 23 during the period he was out. Unfortunately, a lot of them have very, very little information on Namus. I plan to try to find more on newspapers.com and by searching online. There's one in particular that worked relatively close to where he lived, who disappeared on her lunch break from Walmart. I plan to work through the list of UIDs in Memphis as well. I wonder if there's a logical place for those who are interested to have a thread devoted just to potential victims of CA/CH.
The ones with "very, very little information" may contribute to him not being caught. They were in a strata of society that no one was looking for them. It's nearly impossible to believe he could get by with anything with all his mistakes in this case. But if no one had been looking . . . It's a real toss up: could a person so careless and "out there" get by with crimes? or had he become so careless because he'd been getting by with it so long? It's wonderful you're looking into this.

As sloppy as he was if there are others i would think he left significant evidence that would make it easy to verify he was the perp. MOO. Not sure if my speculation here breaks TOS, if so my apologies

I found this little tidbit interesting. Although I get the impression he will soon miraculously develop the first three. Like already having to seek medical attention. IMO IME.

His file also states at the time, he had no suicidal gestures, medical problems, or mental illness. He was listed, though, as 100% violent.

The ones with "very, very little information" may contribute to him not being caught. They were in a strata of society that no one was looking for them. It's nearly impossible to believe he could get by with anything with all his mistakes in this case. But if no one had been looking . . . It's a real toss up: could a person so careless and "out there" get by with crimes? or had he become so careless because he'd been getting by with it so long? It's wonderful you're looking into this.
Sometimes NAMUS doesn't have information because the person doesn't have any family or friends looking out for them and not much is known, but other times, it's just that LE didn't fill out the information that they have (presumably because their primary concern is making sure that all MPs are entered for DNA matching). In the latter case, newspaper articles will often have more details.

Some new stuff in here. Someone was helping him clean the SUV and LE never even asked the apt manager for the video.

He is then seen cleaning his car for two hours, at one point with the help of an additional unknown person.

Interesting! I mentioned yesterday that I thought there are more cameras at the complex with different angles. I can't believe that LE didn't ask the manager for all videos. JMO

From what I saw in the hearing today, everyone was on edge. The guards standing near Abston let out continues deep breaths
I'm believing rape is included in her COD. Residents of the apartment complex stated he was offering them 100.00 for sex...to have fun. There were no takers so initially Eliza was his fix, until she fought. I'm thinking she lost a lot of blood but we won't know the aftermath until the cause is released.
Abston is not an intelligent person, from others comments and definitely by his attack and aftermath. Truly ignorant from what I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100