Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least, if they were able to use his cellphone data to prove he was nearby the location when she was abducted, hopefully they can also use it to track where he was afterwards to help bring her home.

I'm so very heartbroken for her family. Truly praying for a miracle.

I would guess her shoes, with his DNA, something along the lines of her falling to the ground and kicking, and him removing her shoes before loading her into his SUV. As fit as she was she only weighed 137lbs and from his mugshot he is six feet and at least 200lbs, without a serious weapon, she had no chance.
Per the info in Post 104, they were HIS shoes -- and they were slides. Shoes that fall straight off your feet constantly. This guy is a real brainiac.

The TBI performed a DNA tests on the slides and found that they belonged to Cleotha Abston after his information matched that in the CODIS database.

According to police records, “As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing toward the victim, then forcing the victim into the vehicle, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury. Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned.

According to that article he was in the area for 20 minutes, he was waiting for her and then rushed up to her and grabbed her. How did he know her route?

SBM: Records also state the GMC Terrain in question was seen 24 minutes before the abduction in surveillance footage.

I wonder where the GMC Terrain was seen. Was he laying in wait, was she being followed or was it seen elsewhere?

wow so likely not premeditated if he wore flip flops and left them at the scene

Well, planning something isn’t the same as planning it well. ☹️

I wonder at what point he remembered to turn off his phone.

I doubt that hand-scrubbing and carpet cleaner removes all traces of blood. (As I understand things, LE hasn’t told us they found blood, but they’ve said they expect to.)

At the very least, if they were able to use his cellphone data to prove he was nearby the location when she was abducted, hopefully they can also use it to track where he was afterwards to help bring her home.

I'm so very heartbroken for her family. Truly praying for a miracle.
That must have been why they were at that park searching…

I would guess her shoes, with his DNA, something along the lines of her falling to the ground and kicking, and him removing her shoes before loading her into his SUV. As fit as she was she only weighed 137lbs and from his mugshot he is six feet and at least 200lbs, without a serious weapon, she had no chance.
I’m thinking the Champion slides were Abston‘s shoes. I can’t imagine she would be jogging in slides.

The TBI performed a DNA tests on the slides and found that they belonged to Cleotha Abston after his information matched that in the CODIS database.

According to police records, “As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing toward the victim, then forcing the victim into the vehicle, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury. Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned.

The car sat there for 4 minutes before it moved. Ugh. MOO.

wow so likely not premeditated if he wore flip flops and left them at the scene
I didn't think so either, but now I'm not sure. Affidavit states that his vehicle was observed in the area 24 minutes before the abduction. Was he waiting for her or just any female jogger that happened to come by? We will find out at some point. MOO

A second person was also arrested, but police said that suspect was "currently not believed to be connected" to Fletcher's abduction early Friday.

"This remains to be an active and ongoing investigation," police said on Twitter.

He left his shoes at the scene?? Or his DNA was on her shoes left at the scene?
Sounds like his shoes with DNA on it per the article "Investigators managed to recover the surveillance footage showing Abston wearing the same slides days prior to the abduction".

So heartbreaking

Related/unrelated question: when you are incarcerated, what type of internet access is available? I assume you can’t be on Facebook?
Many inmates illegally obtain cell phones and sometimes bribe corrections officers to look the other way. Then they have friends/family pay the bill or add minutes/data.

An inmate with a contraband cell phone has unmitigated access to the internet.

According to that article he was in the area for 20 minutes, he was waiting for her and then rushed up to her and grabbed her. How did he know her route?
We don’t know that he was waiting for her, we only know that his car was caught on surveillance footage.
From that article,
“Records also state the GMC Terrain in question was seen 24 minutes before the abduction in surveillance footage.”

MOO

Damn.

I said last night I was getting Reagan Tokes vibes. Woman alone abducted off street, perpetrator trolling in a downtown area near college campus. That's not much to go on, don't know why I got those vibes, but I did.

But now that the abductor has been identified some of the other correlations are kind of creepy:

**In both cases perpetrator was a different race from victim. Most perpetrators target victims of their own race.
**In both cases the abductor had committed a prior abduction, had served time for it, and had been released from prison within the last few months/years.
** Reagan's abductor made her withdraw funds from several ATMs, just as this suspect seems to have done in his prior case.

I think the idea of most perpetrators targeting women of own race is statistical, and driven by the area they live in. It might pertain more to SK or sexual abductions, and has to do with “abduct whoever is easier to abduct, who is around them”.

When it is abduction related to robbery, I think they’d abduct whoever is richer. It might be a white guy abducting an Asian woman of means, too. In short, it might be intra-racial and cross-racial.

In this case, I am afraid to even assume, because, against all odds, I hope that the mother of two young kids might be still alive. But, it might be a cross-motive abduction. And the irony is, if he used to worked in their yard, it would immensely facilitate matters.

We don’t know that he was waiting for her, we only know that his car was caught on surveillance footage.
From that article,
“Records also state the GMC Terrain in question was seen 24 minutes before the abduction in surveillance footage.”

MOO
He was probably waiting for any female. This screams crime of opportunity to me…

From that article,

MOO
Actually the article does say "waiting":
"According to police records, “As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing toward the victim, then forcing the victim into the vehicle, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury. Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member